What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Emmanuel Sanders (RETIRED) (1 Viewer)

Eric Decker is a big WR who plays small. Emmanuel Sanders is a small WR who plays big. love it.
:confused:

Okay, I know Decker didn't play well in the Super Bowl, cause they threw him over with Sherman and barely threw to him, but he was pretty great for them in 2012 and 2013. If 172-2,352-24 over two seasons is playing small, sign me up. :)

Eric Decker is a big WR who plays small. Emmanuel Sanders is a small WR who plays big. love it.

Okay, I know Decker didn't play well in the Super Bowl, cause they threw him over with Sherman and barely threw to him, but he was pretty great for them in 2012 and 2013. If 172-2,352-24 over two seasons is playing small, sign me up. :)
I'm talking about how Decker never really used his body to shield the ball. He was good at high-pointing the ball, but I don't recall him really doing a whole lot of catching the ball in traffic. He ran great routes and was routinely wide open - that's what I'm talking about playing small.

Decker never came close to making the contested catches that Sanders is making frequently. It was an accurate assessment my Moleculo.

Dare I say Sanders is a better compliment to this offense with Bay Bay on the other side than Decker was. Sanders offers something much different than Decker was and it appears is taking this O up even another notch that many did not think was possible. He also had 11 catches for 149 yards against Seattle this year which allowed Denver to have a chance and almost complete a great come back in Seattle.

Decker is a very good WR, but Denver letting Decker walk and getting Sanders appears to be as I said earlier steal of free agency.

I'm talking about how Decker never really used his body to shield the ball. He was good at high-pointing the ball, but I don't recall him really doing a whole lot of catching the ball in traffic. He ran great routes and was routinely wide open - that's what I'm talking about playing small.
Gotcha. :cool:

Dare I say Sanders is a better compliment to this offense with Bay Bay on the other side than Decker was. Sanders offers something much different than Decker was and it appears is taking this O up even another notch that many did not think was possible. He also had 11 catches for 149 yards against Seattle this year which allowed Denver to have a chance and almost complete a great come back in Seattle.

Decker is a very good WR, but Denver letting Decker walk and getting Sanders appears to be as I said earlier steal of free agency.
Agreed. As good as Decker was in this offense, Sanders appears to be a better fit, and with Welker on the decline, his signing looks even better.

Rotoworld:

Emmanuel Sanders - WR - Broncos

Emmanuel Sanders caught 9-of-9 targets for 120 yards and three touchdowns in Denver's Week 8 win over the Chargers.

Sanders added one rush for six yards. Sanders entered the game with only one touchdown, but exited by joining Brandon Marshall as one of only two wideouts to have three-score games this season. Sanders' first score as he simply ran around long enough to get free in the end zone. For the second, he toasted Richard Marshall for a 31-yard catch-and-run. The third was a simple slant he caught in the painted area. The only blemish was a fumble the Broncos thankfully recovered. Sanders will enter the Broncos' Week 9 trip to New England the owner of a 47/634/4 line, and as a legit WR1.

Oct 23 - 11:45 PM

And while he had a great night, I would much prefer him get three TD's over three games than all in one night. I wish he would get more consistent TD's

And while he had a great night, I would much prefer him get three TD's over three games than all in one night. I wish he would get more consistent TD's
What if you end up winning by 1 this week? Will that still be your hope?

In any case, he has now scored two weeks in a row (nearly had two 3 TD games in a row). I think going forward he's more likely to average about a TD per game than not. Peyton has been comfortable throwing to him all season, but it seems that only in the past two weeks has he grown comfortable enough to rely on him in the red zone, and Emanuel has not disappointed.

In any case, he has now scored two weeks in a row (nearly had two 3 TD games in a row). I think going forward he's more likely to average about a TD per game than not. Peyton has been comfortable throwing to him all season, but it seems that only in the past two weeks has he grown comfortable enough to rely on him in the red zone, and Emanuel has not disappointed.
That's true. Coming out of the gate so hot, I'm sort of assuming a big win, but that is by no means guaranteed.

That's true. Coming out of the gate so hot, I'm sort of assuming a big win, but that is by no means guaranteed.
Good stuff. I honestly think Sanders will score 7-10 TD's the rest of the way. Teams are keying on Julius down there. Teams always key on Demaryius. Sanders has proven that all he does in the Red Zone is score TD's or draw penalties. Not to mention he has the ability to get behind the secondary and score from anywhere. He's a scary mofo for D's to contend with then already having to deal with the Thomas's. I've learned never to worry about a big game like this, because if anything, it's indicative of more big games, not less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joy to own with elite WR1 production so far. PPR he's on pace to blow away what Decker produced last year. Would top every single Welker season save for his 2011 season with NE..

Undeniably the biggest steal in 2014 drafts so far.

Rotoworld:

Emmanuel Sanders secured 5-of-8 targets for 67 yards and two touchdowns in the Broncos' Week 10 win over the Raiders.

Sanders was quiet until Peyton Manning made a gorgeous throw to him deep down the right sideline late in the first half. Sanders extended his full body to haul in the 32-yard touchdown. He hit pay dirt again late in the third quarter from 15 yards out. Every bit feeling the "Peyton Manning Effect," Sanders is up to a 62-852-6 receiving line with seven games left on the schedule. His previous career best was 67-740-6, last year in Pittsburgh.

Nov 9 - 7:42 PM

He will be fine for next week. If you watch the play he never took the blow of the hit to the head. It was a major collision. He walked to locker room under his own power. He was having a huge game so it sucks if you need the points this week, but he should be fine heading into next week.

He will be fine for next week. If you watch the play he never took the blow of the hit to the head. It was a major collision. He walked to locker room under his own power. He was having a huge game so it sucks if you need the points this week, but he should be fine heading into next week.
Are you sure? Looked like helmet to helmet to me.

Get new eyes. Or glasses. It was not helmet to helmet by any stretch of the imagination.

replay showed it was shoulder to shoulder hit, but he got twisted pretty bad and his helmet hit the ground first, looked like a career ender in real time but he did walk off.

Get new eyes. Or glasses. It was not helmet to helmet by any stretch of the imagination.
I should have said Shoulder to Helmet. Just saw it once on redzone. Glad to hear it wasn't.

Rotoworld:

Emmanuel Sanders exited Week 11 against the Rams in the third quarter with a concussion and is done for the day.
Sanders had his world rocked by Rodney McLeod down the right sideline. McLeod was flagged for unnecessary roughness, but it looked like a good hit to us. McLeod lowered his shoulder into Sanders' shoulder, crumpling the 180-pound receiver like he was in a car crash. He walked off under his own power, but may not be back. Before leaving, Sanders posted 5-102-1, getting loose for a wide-open 42-yard score behind Janoris Jenkins and McLeod.

Nov 16 - 2:45 PM

Concussions usually don't prevent a guy from being able to walk.

You have no idea whether he'll be fine for next week or not.

True enough, however, bad concussions you are carted off perhaps even in a neck brace, you also may be whoozy and unable to walk under your own power. A concussion is a concussion, however with the impact of the hit and what transpired after the fact it could have been worse.

well, at least we can likely rule out any sort of severe and scary neck and back injury.

True enough, however, bad concussions you are carted off perhaps even in a neck brace, you also may be whoozy and unable to walk under your own power. A concussion is a concussion, however with the impact of the hit and what transpired after the fact it could have been worse.
He was definitely lucky to avoid a helmet-to-helmet hit. It did look like maybe his head hit the ground at the end.

I hope he's OK and plays next week. As a football fan, I always want to see the stars play.

Users who are viewing this thread