Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Oh I agree. It's great to shoot for the moon sometimes. For the cost IF you get Kelce and IF he outperforms Graham, you definitely get a let up on the competition.

Therein lies the problem. At the present going price for either Graham or Kelce, I would prefer to pass and wait to draft a guy like Delanie Walker or Jason Witten, then perhaps grab a high-upside play late.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

brohans this guy needs a nickname and i mean a good one well by popular request here i am to save the day swc style yep i brought you nicknames like randall the touchdown robber cobber or rt2rc as the

I would say it helps his value. If defenses are forced to worry about Tyreek busting a big one over the top, they can't defend the middle of the field as well. If Tyreek wasn't there, defens

The first thing I look at when drafting players is reFPOEPT, second I go with rcFETDPGs.

Oh I agree. It's great to shoot for the moon sometimes. For the cost IF you get Kelce and IF he outperforms Graham, you definitely get a let up on the competition.

Therein lies the problem. At the present going price for either Graham or Kelce, I would prefer to pass and wait to draft a guy like Delanie Walker or Jason Witten, then perhaps grab a high-upside play late.

The guys you mention, Walker and Witten are the last of the TE1's, and if you go by last year's performance are a little too inconsistent to rely on week to week. I won't speak to ADP, but I'll just mention where Graham and Kelce went in my recent PPR draft. Graham went in the 3rd, Kelce went in the 5th (my pick) and Gronk went early in round 1. For a 2 round discount from Graham, I maintain that Kelce holds plenty of value/upside. I'm glad I'm not chasing the Walker/Wittens in the 8th and 9th rounds.

The guys you mention, Walker and Witten are the last of the TE1's, and if you go by last year's performance are a little too inconsistent to rely on week to week. I won't speak to ADP, but I'll just mention where Graham and Kelce went in my recent PPR draft. Graham went in the 3rd, Kelce went in the 5th (my pick) and Gronk went early in round 1. For a 2 round discount from Graham, I maintain that Kelce holds plenty of value/upside. I'm glad I'm not chasing the Walker/Wittens in the 8th and 9th rounds.

I agree that a two-round discount for Kelce over Graham represents value. I am a big fan of Kelce (and own him in a Dynasty), and the 5th seems about right for him. I'm not saying he is a bad pick at the point, and I admittedly even grabbed him in a mock at that point, but considering in the 10th or later you can generally find a Walker, Witten, Cameron, Gates, Ertz, ASF, etc., and then add another high upside guy late, I will probably not be spending a third for Graham or a fifth for Kelce.

Edited by socrates
  • 3 weeks later...

Love the talent, but 4th-5th round seems really high for a TE that plays on a really poor passing offense and was 10th in standard ppg at his position last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this audio of TE Travis Kelce from March of this year. He said he wasn't 100% healthy last year and that he wasn't running until one month before camp last year. He said that this offseason he is healthy and is running and he has more explosion in his legs.

LINK: http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2015/03/19/travis-kelce-says-hes-watching-tony-gonzalez-film-this-offseason-creatively-finding-ways-to-work-fundamentals-into-instincts/

I look at the following factors in trying to project numbers for Kelce.

1. Last year he was 'essentially' a rookie

2. Last year he was not 100% healthy

3. Last year he was sharing reps with TE Anthony Fasano and got less snaps 671 for Fasano to Kelce's 668

4. This year is 'essentially' his second NFL season where most players make their biggest leaps in production

Taking in all of the above here are my projections for Kansas City TE Travis Kelce for 2015.

- 90 receptions

- 1,145 yards

- 7 TDs

• Like 2

Love the talent, but 4th-5th round seems really high for a TE that plays on a really poor passing offense and was 10th in standard ppg at his position last year.

Though he was a steal last year based on where he was going. He definitely showed flashes, and Im sure he will have a higher snap count this year and thus more targets but Im shocked he's TE3 going in the 4th-5th round. TE6-8 I could understand, 3-4 rounds later.

I love Olsen (no Benjamin now) and love Bennett (Marshall gone, White out for at least half the year) this year if I go TE early. Otherwise, I'll wait to snag a late TE1 or maybe just pick a couple of the high upside/undervalued TEs going TE13-18.

Not trying to compare the two, but Gonzo was All-Pro with Tyler Thigpen at QB.

Alex Smith is an accurate QB who can't get the ball downfield - seems like an ideal situation for a TE to be in.

• Like 1

Not trying to compare the two, but Gonzo was All-Pro with Tyler Thigpen at QB.

Alex Smith is an accurate QB who can't get the ball downfield - seems like an ideal situation for a TE to be in.

In this case I think it being a poor passing offense benefits Kelce. He does seem like the kind of guy with a lot of hype that everybody assumes will dominate and then flops. Every year there's dozens of these guys and he just seems like he fits the profile. But I'm thrilled I have him on my dynasty team, he's young and has the size and athleticism to be dominant like Gronkowski. Other than my innate pessimism it's hard to see look at the situation as anything but perfect for a big season.

Edited by Apple Juice
  • Like 1

Reid made an average Celek a great TE. I'm pretty sure an elite athlete will be phenomenal in Reid's O.

You guys need to wake up. To be the elite of the elite tes in the league you have to have consistency and Reid is incapable of that. He can't even use Jamal Charles correctly when he had no receivers. No way he's going to be peppering Kielce with targets every single week

I like Kelce this year, have him in both leagues... but shutout makes a good point. Reid is bad, he couldn't get ASmith to throw the ball down the field in a game they WERE LOSING!!! It defies all logic and common sense. Adding Maclin will help open things up, but the situation might keep Kelce from "dependable" stud status. Still top 5-6.

I hope I'm wrong and he trails only Gronk.

While Reid doesn't change he throws the heck out of the ball. With Alex Smith under Center, I see a ton of catches short-medium to Kelce.

While I tend to agree about Alex Smith, Kelce was targeted once and asked to stay in on pass pro a few times. In some passing situations he wasn't even on the field. Gronk is looking more and more valuable in the early rounds

How many YAC on that 23 yard catch.

If the QB was Alex Smith it must have been at least 13...

While Reid doesn't change he throws the heck out of the ball. With Alex Smith under Center, I see a ton of catches short-medium to Kelce.

I actually thought Smith had a pretty good depth of target on that completion to Kelce. Smith has also been targeting Maclin deep (unsuccessfully.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000514260/Preseason-Week-2-Seahawks-vs-Chiefs-highlights

• 2 weeks later...

Sigmund Bloom@SigmundBloom 6m6 minutes ago

Sigmund Bloom retweeted Adam Teicher

I need to sit down https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/638447355948240896

Sigmund Bloom added,

Adam Teicher @adamteicher
TE Travis Kelce left practice early with right leg injury. Walked off on his own but didn't return
4 retweets

So Kelce is ok more or less, I'm guessing he will be ready week? - Regardless of the injury assume he is ok ... is he being somewhat over drafted at this point?

I se his ADP as 5th round, so I would say that is a good spot when you consider his upside and the uncertainty at TE.

Was anymore news on the injury released? Kinda went quiet apart from Rapoport's tweet.

I am pretty sure I read on Twitter that Andy Reid said if this week was a regular season game, Kelce would be ready to play.

Anybody willing/ able to share details of trades involving Kelce in dynasty? If so, what are the league rules to gauge values of players involved?

This was months ago, but I was over loaded with tight ends in one of my leagues and I couldn't get any type of 1st round rookie value for him.

Before the suspension and Wheaton being moved to the number 2 I tried to Kelce for Bryant, Kelce for a K. Allen, Kelce for Landry and a 2016 2nd. All were denied and only one even got talks going of a trade, which ended up with us nothing trading Kelce or Bryant lol.

Anybody willing/ able to share details of trades involving Kelce in dynasty? If so, what are the league rules to gauge values of players involved?

This was months ago, but I was over loaded with tight ends in one of my leagues and I couldn't get any type of 1st round rookie value for him.

Before the suspension and Wheaton being moved to the number 2 I tried to Kelce for Bryant, Kelce for a K. Allen, Kelce for Landry and a 2016 2nd. All were denied and only one even got talks going of a trade, which ended up with us nothing trading Kelce or Bryant lol.

Thanks for reply. I am in similar boat with a bit too much TE talent and was offered a 2016 first round rookie pick (likely 8-12) and Christine Michael. I think that is good value for him but do recognize that I have hoarding tendencies with stud players yet can only start 1 TE and likely neither Kelce or Graham would be my flex starter.

He's not Gronk lite. He's just Gronk without the top 5 all-time QB. If they switched places does anyone actually think Gronk would outproduce him? With Alex Smith tossing him ducks?

Yes, I believe Gronk is better than Kelce.

#hottake

:lmao:

No, but decent value for the 5th round.