What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (5 Viewers)

The public vote is 1/3rd, correct?

Anyway, Barnidge or Walker should have made it. Jake Reed as well.

Last year 88 guys suited up after 28 declined. Pretty good chance guys like AR15 are going to Hawaii.

I'll let someone else overdraft this turd next year.
Turd? You wish you had as much talent as he does. Its so easy to hide behind the wall of the internet. You'd never consider saying this to his face because this turd could beat the turd out of you. Just stop the hate. Its not his fault that he is not utilized the right way.

Turd? You wish you had as much talent as he does. Its so easy to hide behind the wall of the internet. You'd never consider saying this to his face because this turd could beat the turd out of you. Just stop the hate. Its not his fault that he is not utilized the right way.
Oh come on, it's not personal - I think Zeus is a beast. I'll rephrase, I'll let someone overdraft for this turd of a situation.

Jed said:
3nOut said:
Oh come on, it's not personal - I think Zeus is a beast. I'll rephrase, I'll let someone overdraft for this turd of a situation.
OK, that's better.

How much of Kelce's use stemmed from Reid and how much from Pederson? With Pederson taking the Eagles HC gig, how does this Impact Kelce moving forward?

Chiefs fan. Zero impact I'd say.If anything, I'd say there's no way he can be any less consistent, so maybe a new coordinator can prompt Smith to throw him the ball more (since whenever he does, Kelce blows up, simple as that). But probably not.

I had seen Shazier was out but not Golden.  Good info. :thumbup:
Glad I can help. I just read Dangerfield to likely start over injured Golden. In another league I plan to use Maclin over Alshon J.

I am Steelers homer.  Tough to start guys in fantasy against my hometown team but that Keith Butler pass defense is really bad.  I am strongly looking at Spencer Ware as well.  

Only pause I'm having with my decision is if the defense rallies at home.  They have a HOF ring presentation ceremony todayou with Greg Lloyd presenting to Kevin Greene.  

I do not think however that it will happen.  That defense is young, injured, and just not very good right now. 

Anyone panicking? Some really bad games recently. All Andy Reid did with the Eagles was throw throw throw. Now all he does with the Chiefs is run run run. KC passing game is pretty much worthless. Thinking of going all in on Jack Doyle and hoping he keeps it up even with Allen and Moncrief/Dorsett returning soon.....

I'm panicking.  I have Martellus Bennett  -  even though most sites are ranking Kelce over Bennett this week I'm thinking of starting Bennett.

KC has attempted half as many passes coming out of the BYE and are 2-0 over that time period so leaning on the run game has worked for them.

This week they face the Colts and only two teams have given up more yards to the TE than Indy and the Colts surrender the seventh most points overall to the tight end.

Kelce is second on the team for targets and is still a strong red zone candidate.  Considering the soft defense he faces and his potential to score I think this week, TE Travis Kelce has a good matchup. 

KC has attempted half as many passes coming out of the BYE and are 2-0 over that time period so leaning on the run game has worked for them.
KC has always been a run-oriented offense under Reid (except when the game script dictates), so I think it's more than that. Smith is spreading the ball around a lot more than the past few years when Kelce (and Maclin last year) garnered a high percentage of the targets.

Alex Smith dealing with concussion symptoms so Nick Foles 'possibly' getting the start this week.

He sought out Kelce last week.

Probably why he had his best game of the year by far.

BTW, he caught all 7 of his targets for 101 yards and 1 TD but faces the Jags who rank 5th in the league against TEs.

Jared Smola ‏@SmolaDS  33m33 minutes ago
Nick Foles' target distribution last week ... Kelce - 7 Maclin - 4 Hill - 4 Harris - 3 Conley - 2 West - 2 Ware - 1

Alex Smith dealing with concussion symptoms so Nick Foles 'possibly' getting the start this week.

He sought out Kelce last week.

Probably why he had his best game of the year by far.

BTW, he caught all 7 of his targets for 101 yards and 1 TD but faces the Jags who rank 5th in the league against TEs.

Jared Smola ‏@SmolaDS  33m33 minutes ago
Nick Foles' target distribution last week ... Kelce - 7 Maclin - 4 Hill - 4 Harris - 3 Conley - 2 West - 2 Ware - 1
Tenn TEs combined for 100+ yards against them last week 

Mine isn't wrapped up yet, but my thought was if Kelce can score what Bell scored (my opponent), I'd have a good chance. 

Wow, what a game.

UGH.... woulda won me a championship had I chosen Rivers over Carr two weeks ago. Kept me alive in a third place game, but opponent posted one of the high scores for the league for the year and I still need 20+ from a defense

It's always pretty chancy when you need a TE to make up for an underperforming RB-WR core ... but Kelce has bailed out a lot of championship fantasy squads tonight.
Early games yesterday couldn't have gone worse with Murray, Cam, Ginn, Montgomery, Inman. Matt Bryant and NE D kept me in it, and Evans broke the trend of pathetic skill position players. I was down by 27 entering Sunday night with Kelce vs DT. Was just hoping for him to outscore DT by anything to give me a shot with Zeke tomorrow. Never thought I could not need Zeke at all. All hail Kelce!

Terrible time to try to buy him.

if a deal does get done let us know what you had to pay.
You're absolutely right that's why I'm going to wait around the NFL time when trading draft picks are at its highest peak.

I will post the results when they happen either way but I do have my first offer ready.

Tex

Travis Kelce has dealt with knee swelling at Chiefs camp.

Kelce has only missed one practice that we know of, and we're not even marking him "sidelined," but we found this notable. On Friday, coach Andy Reid revealed that Kelce has dealt with "swelling" and soreness in his knee from time to time since undergoing microfracture surgery as a rookie. Kelce remains the deserved No. 2 tight end on fantasy cheatsheets, behind Rob Gronkowski.

Source: Terez Paylor on Twitter 

Aug 4 - 1:41 PM

Travis Kelce (knee) has missed the Chiefs' last four practices.

It was mentioned last week that Kelce was dealing with swelling in his knee, which was repaired via microfracture surgery in 2013. At the time, it didn't sound serious, but we're marking Kelce as sidelined and "day to day" for now until he gets back doing team drills. He was working on a side field with trainers Monday. This isn't a long-term concern. Kelce remains the overall TE2 in fantasy ranks.

Source: Kansas City Star 

Aug 7 - 7:21 PM

Can Kelce improve on TDs this year? He had 4 in 2016 and 5 in 2015. I peg him for 85 receptions or so, but I'd love to see more of them come in the red zone. Thoughts? 

1 target in week 3...

What happened?
I could only gamecast but was asking the same thing. The game thread seems to state they were getting to Alex Smith pretty quickly, but I would think that would help Kelce a bit.

What's even more surprising is that he didn't get a rush up the middle which Andy Reid seems to love.

I actually watched the entire game today--and it was a very strange game.   KC started off on fire intercepting Rivers and getting a TD.  They intercepted him again--and got another TD on a relatively short field.  After that--their offense seemed to sputter and San Diego's defense did what they could to keep the Chargers in the game.  For the most part--aside from the big Hunt td run to ice the game in the 4th--the entire KC offense didn't do much after they got up 14-0. As a Kelce owner--I'm more annoyed than I am concerned.  With that being said--aside from Gronk (and possibly Ertz)--I think the entire TE position is going to be very annoying for fantasy owners. 

Good summary. I wasn't paying enough attention to such close details, but I think he also stayed in blocking much more than he usually would. 

1) Chargers have maybe the best pair of OLBs in the league

2) Chiefs were down 2 starting OL

Definitely wouldn't be worried about future production in the slightest. I expect a big game next week at home in prime time.

I have got to think those 2 TE leagues are miserable for most owners. If you can't count on Kelce to give you more than 1.1 points why would you want to try to find a 2nd TE to play?

Users who are viewing this thread