What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (2 Viewers)

I have got to think those 2 TE leagues are miserable for most owners. If you can't count on Kelce to give you more than 1.1 points why would you want to try to find a 2nd TE to play?
I have a best ball league and got to start 4 tight ends today. Gronk, Ertz, Griffin, and Davis. 

As good as his night was, seems like it could have been even better. Seemed like he was "stuck" on 7-118-1 on 8 targets for the bulk of the second half.

Wondering the same thing myself, as I've heard nothing.
This would be the first day we'd likely hear anything, no? It being the key Wednesday practice.

If he practiced in any real way in terms of physical activity, that would be huge, obviously.  Don't know that we hear that until this afternoon.  Of course, possible they take precaution OR that he's not cleared, and we may not hear either way until he either is cleared tomorrow or Friday, or the dreaded GTD that relies on a battery of cognitive tests and not something you can even handicap well going in (unlike say an ankle, where you can guess as to whether a player can give it a go or not, or "judge" how they are walking/limping)

Friday will be the key practice day IMHO.  They could still clear him for individual drills tomorrow and then partially participate Friday. 

Either way I don't see it as a game time decision.  If/when he practices should let us know if he's going before Sunday afternoon. 

What's his current value in Dynasty PPR? His owner wants to move him, but made me a low offer so I want to counter. Considering offering A. Rodgers straight up then I would try to move Kelce or Gronk for a QB upgrade. (I'm left with Rivers & McCown).

Would I be offering too much or too little with that?

I love the fact that Rodney Harrison called out Kelce for turning his back and pouting instead of trying to make a tackle after an interception.

"When things are going great, he's dancing, he's partying. But as soon as he hits a little adversity, he pouts...."

https://sports.yahoo.com/rodney-harrison-calls-travis-kelce-155947965.html

Kelce is such a good player but he continues to come off as immature with his little temper tantrums, lack of self control, and now the pouting. 

I love the fact that Rodney Harrison called out Kelce for turning his back and pouting instead of trying to make a tackle after an interception.

"When things are going great, he's dancing, he's partying. But as soon as he hits a little adversity, he pouts...."

https://sports.yahoo.com/rodney-harrison-calls-travis-kelce-155947965.html

Kelce is such a good player but he continues to come off as immature with his little temper tantrums, lack of self control, and now the pouting. 
 definitely one of the biggest ##### bags in the league

Travis Kelce - TE -  Chiefs

Travis Kelce caught 7-of-12 targets for 78 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 4 win over the Broncos on Monday night.

Kelce went catch-less on three targets in the first half but became Patrick Mahomes' go-to option after the break. His touchdown came on a short pop pass to the right from two yards out in the fourth quarter. Later in the same quarter, Kelce was drilled in the stomach and ribs area on an end-zone target and buckled to the ground before leaving the field with trainers. It's possible he simply had the wind knocked out of him. After catching one pass for six yards in the opener, Kelce has 22 catches for 301 yards and three touchdowns the last three weeks. He gets the Jaguars in Week 5.

Oct 1 - 11:40 PM

Didn’t see end of game - anyone have any info on the injury mentioned in the above Rotoworld blurb?

Last edited by a moderator:
He just got the wind knocked out of him. Came back after one play and looked feisty during the Hunt TD celebration. Nothing to worry about, IMO.

Huge mismatch on a week to week basis with how awful the TE position is this year. Def one of the reasons I’m undefeated. Sad I only have one more year of keeper rights. 

Elevencents said:
Huge mismatch on a week to week basis with how awful the TE position is this year. Def one of the reasons I’m undefeated. Sad I only have one more year of keeper rights. 
No doubt, I’ve kept him in my main league for 4 years and he’s given me a massive advantage at his position for years. Unfortunately my keeper price for him will be to steep next year as well. 

Travis Kelce - TE -  Chiefs

Travis Kelce caught 10-of-15 targets for 127 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' 54-51, Week 11 loss to the Rams on Monday night.

The crazy thing was Kelce was stuck on one catch for three yards on three targets before the final drive of the second quarter where he picked up three-straight catches to set up an eventual sort Chris Conley eight-yard touchdown. Kelce's 15 targets ended up being a game-high, and he found the end zone as well, scoring from four yards out in the third quarter to tie the game 30-30. Kelce was wrecking the Rams over the middle but also had a couple untimely drops. The Chiefs head into their bye before going to Oakland in Week 13. Kelce is THE TE1.

Nov 20 - 12:28 AM

Travis Kelce caught 7-of-10 targets for 108 yards in the Chiefs' Divisional Round stomping of the Colts.

Emulating Rob Gronkowski in his prime, Kelce could not be stopped in this game. All seven of his receptions went for first downs as Kelce used seam busters, slants, deep crossers, screens, and routine checkdowns to slaughter the Colts' zone coverage, as expected after Indianapolis failed to handle tight ends all year. The debate for best tight end in the NFL rages on with Kelce, Zach Ertz, and George Kittle in the mix. Gronk is no longer in the conversation.

Jan 12 - 8:10 PM

And to think if you go back only 8 months or so, many folks (myself included) were very concerned how the QB switch from Smith to Mahomes  would hurt Kelce’s production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Travis Kelce (ankle) will sit out mandatory minicamp.

This isn't a surprise with Kelce three months removed from surgery. Kelce will continue to rehab and get treatment but isn't cleared for practice. Coach Andy Reid expects Kelce to be ready for training camp.

SOURCE: Kansas City Star

Jun 8, 2019, 10:04 AM ET

Kelce's ADP has skyrocketed this summer.  Is the Tyreek Hill lack of suspension material to Kelce's value in either direction?
I would say it helps his value.

If defenses are forced to worry about Tyreek busting a big one over the top, they can't defend the middle of the field as well.

If Tyreek wasn't there, defenses could put all their focus on stopping Kelce in the passing game.

Kelce's ADP has skyrocketed this summer.  Is the Tyreek Hill lack of suspension material to Kelce's value in either direction?

I would say it helps his value.

If defenses are forced to worry about Tyreek busting a big one over the top, they can't defend the middle of the field as well.

If Tyreek wasn't there, defenses could put all their focus on stopping Kelce in the passing game.
Yeah I think there are cases to make either way, but with Hill in the lineup he was outstanding again last year.  Regardless he gives a fantasy team as big of a positional advantage as one could hope for.  

Yeah I think there are cases to make either way, but with Hill in the lineup he was outstanding again last year.  Regardless he gives a fantasy team as big of a positional advantage as one could hope for.  
Kinda like when Antonio Gates was such a high pick in his day.  The problem is, every time I mock, I find myself playing catch up at RB and/or WR.  I never like my team when I take Kelce, with one exception - if I have a top pick, and get him at the start of the 3rd, but he is only there once in a blue moon.

Kinda like when Antonio Gates was such a high pick in his day.  The problem is, every time I mock, I find myself playing catch up at RB and/or WR.  I never like my team when I take Kelce, with one exception - if I have a top pick, and get him at the start of the 3rd, but he is only there once in a blue moon.
Drafting at the back half of the first is tough this year for sure. It all comes down to one’s personal philosophy but me I try to get an advantage at every position possible (even K and D).  While you may be chasing a position a bit none of the guys you’d draft at that spot will give you the advance Kelce will.  I’m personally OK with being a bit weaker at a deep position like WR vs an extremely thin position like TE.  Your chances of finding replacement level talent at WR is infinitely higher.  I’m sure others will chime in and counter what I’m saying but that’s the best thing about FF, the ability to construct your team the way you want.  

Also on a side note it’s also why I much prefer auctions vs snake.  Can eat my cake and have it too!!   

Users who are viewing this thread