What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (3 Viewers)

The NFL and the media is so dramatic, and the Browns are a terrible franchise.

Anyone who cares about a video that no one knows when it was taken in where a young man was drinking and dancing are the ones with the real issues.

Hardy can beat women, make a mockery of the league and get millions, but JFF cant dance and drink without getting benched.

I do not like JFF but he is getting very shady deal.
Again, this is about showing respect for your employer and being a professional. If your boss gave you an ultimatum to lay low over the holiday, you damn better comply if you care about your job.

Johnny doesn't give a crap about what you or I or Mary Kay Cabot think, which is fine, and maybe commendable, but he doesn't give a crap what the Browns think either. He's done nothing to suggest he'll care what any other team thinks should he get picked up.
What about his employer showing JFF some respect and let him live his life a little bit? The Browns need to worry about trying to get wins,not be role models. The end game is a super bowl, not moral award of the year.
He lost that privilege after the money phone, floating on the swan, oversleeping a walkthrough because he was hungover, going to rehab, etc. There's more than enough evidence to say this is Johnny's fault.
Greg Hardy beat a woman missed practice and still makes million and is a starter. Do you see why JFF is benched and Hardy isnt?

TALENT. Only reason. He was singing and dancing. The fact people get worked up about that shows how sensitive some are.
Pettine clearly cares more about character and accountability than Jerry Jones. There's a shocker. Plus Hardy is much better at his position than Manziel at this point in their careers.

Anyone who cares about a video that no one knows when it was taken in where a young man was drinking and dancing are the ones with the real issues.

Hardy can beat women, make a mockery of the league and get millions, but JFF cant dance and drink without getting benched.

Again, this is about showing respect for your employer and being a professional. If your boss gave you an ultimatum to lay low over the holiday, you damn better comply if you care about your job.

Johnny doesn't give a crap about what you or I or Mary Kay Cabot think, which is fine, and maybe commendable, but he doesn't give a crap what the Browns think either. He's done nothing to suggest he'll care what any other team thinks should he get picked up.
What about his employer showing JFF some respect and let him live his life a little bit? The Browns need to worry about trying to get wins,not be role models. The end game is a super bowl, not moral award of the year.
He lost that privilege after the money phone, floating on the swan, oversleeping a walkthrough because he was hungover, going to rehab, etc. There's more than enough evidence to say this is Johnny's fault.
Greg Hardy beat a woman missed practice and still makes million and is a starter. Do you see why JFF is benched and Hardy isnt?

TALENT. Only reason. He was singing and dancing. The fact people get worked up about that shows how sensitive some are.
Is there any point in in your ramblings where you're going to admit that Manziel is a bonehead and needs to grow up? He was told to lay low over the bye week. The Browns announced him to be their starter for the rest of the year. This was it. His big audition to see if he's capable of being a starting QB in this league. And he just couldn't stay out of the bars. And you have no criticism of him at all. If I was physically smaller and weaker than everyone else who does the job that I want to do, and there was someone I this world willing to give me a chance to do it anyway, I don't care if they demanded I don't drink water or own a puppy. You do what you're told and you don't thumb your nose and act like you're above being told what to do. How many chances do you think this moron deserves?
You have so much hatred towards the world.

Pettine clearly cares more about character and accountability than Jerry Jones. There's a shocker. Plus Hardy is much better at his position than Manziel at this point in their careers.
Hardy is a tremendous player. It's highly likely he's better at his position than JF can even dream of being at his.

OK, in the NFL talent wins 99.99% of the time. We've seen this with a slew of other guys.Plus, you don't know that talent is the ONLY reason for this. There is likely a lo of things going on behind the scene that aren't public. I'm sure talent is a primary reason.
If he was throwing for 300 and 3 a game, no one would care and he would be starting. That is my point.
You've finally figured out the Barry Bonds rule. Bonds was always a surly, miserable jerk. Teammates didn't like him. But he was a great all around player and 30-30 guy the first half of his career and a phenomenal power hitter when he was all jacked up on roids. So he was always going to have a job. As soon as he got a little older and he wasn't cracking out 50+ home runs anymore (and wasn't offering the ticket sales/TV viewers of the home run chase) he was unceremoniously unsigned by the Giants and no other team wanted him either. Hardy is Steroids Bonds. Manziel is washed up Bonds.

I don't see anyone here "getting worked up" over his party video, that's quite a stretch. I don't think the general public cares that he parties either. That's not the point. We're just saying it was a really stupid thing for him to go out and allow himself to be filmed boozing it up when the Browns had him on double-secret probation after his stint in rehab.

Hardy is despicable in my opinion and shouldn't be in the league, but that has nothing to do with Manziel or the Browns.

Is there any point in in your ramblings where you're going to admit that Manziel is a bonehead and needs to grow up? He was told to lay low over the bye week. The Browns announced him to be their starter for the rest of the year. This was it. His big audition to see if he's capable of being a starting QB in this league. And he just couldn't stay out of the bars. And you have no criticism of him at all. If I was physically smaller and weaker than everyone else who does the job that I want to do, and there was someone I this world willing to give me a chance to do it anyway, I don't care if they demanded I don't drink water or own a puppy. You do what you're told and you don't thumb your nose and act like you're above being told what to do. How many chances do you think this moron deserves?
You seem to be the one who's a little bitter. I'm loving this. Never could stand punks like Manziel.

I don't see anyone here "getting worked up" over his party video, that's quite a stretch. I don't think the general public cares that he parties either. That's not the point. We're just saying it was a really stupid thing for him to go out and allow himself to be filmed boozing it up when the Browns had him on double-secret probation after his stint in rehab.

Hardy is despicable in my opinion and shouldn't be in the league, but that has nothing to do with Manziel or the Browns.
The Browns don't think that he can drink and be an NFL QB. That much is clear.

Hardy is a tremendous player. It's highly likely he's better at his position than JF can even dream of being at his.
That is my point, please read what I have been saying before commenting.

You seem to be the one who's a little bitter. I'm loving this. Never could stand punks like Manziel.
Are you kidding me? lol You call me bitter in defending a kid and then in your response continue to have more hatred right after you deny you have hatred. Amazing.

That is my point, please read what I have been saying before commenting.
I have read what you said and I wasn't commenting on your post. :shrug:

OK, in the NFL talent wins 99.99% of the time. We've seen this with a slew of other guys.Plus, you don't know that talent is the ONLY reason for this. There is likely a lo of things going on behind the scene that aren't public. I'm sure talent is a primary reason.
If he was throwing for 300 and 3 a game, no one would care and he would be starting. That is my point.
You've finally figured out the Barry Bonds rule. Bonds was always a surly, miserable jerk. Teammates didn't like him. But he was a great all around player and 30-30 guy the first half of his career and a phenomenal power hitter when he was all jacked up on roids. So he was always going to have a job. As soon as he got a little older and he wasn't cracking out 50+ home runs anymore (and wasn't offering the ticket sales/TV viewers of the home run chase) he was unceremoniously unsigned by the Giants and no other team wanted him either. Hardy is Steroids Bonds. Manziel is washed up Bonds.
Manziel is about to be a Never Was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think this move makes the Browns franchise look better, i think almost everyone does (other than a small number of JFF groupies)

which is the point

It doesn't make them better on the field, but it sure doesn't make them worse

Personally I think this move makes the Browns franchise look better, i think almost everyone does (other than a small number of JFF groupies)

which is the point

No one knows what JFF is really capable of.

I dont like the kid that much either, but to lose your starting gig for singing and dancing is, I dont what to say. Its truly amazing what people care about.

which is the point

It might make them better on the field in the long run. If the Browns have good reason, like counselors' reports or even doctor's opinions, to believe that Manziel can't drink and play good football at the same time over the long term, and if he can't stop drinking, then maybe his on field talent is ultimately just some % of what it's supposed to be.

which is the point

I dont like the kid that much either, but to lose your starting gig for singing and dancing is, I dont what to say. Its truly amazing what people care about.
If you think he's losing his starting gig for singing and dancing, I don't know what to say.

Are you kidding me? lol You call me bitter in defending a kid and then in your response continue to have more hatred right after you deny you have hatred. Amazing.
I'm mad at the world because I think Manziel is a huge bonehead? There's only one angry lad in this thread and that's you. Precious.

which is the point

If you think he's losing his starting gig for singing and dancing, I don't know what to say.
This.

which is the point

I think there may have been some limbo too

which is the point

it was not for dancing

it was for making multiple mistakes, blaming alcoholism, going to rehab, promising you have changed, making more mistakes, drinking still, promising you have changed again, being told the job is yours with one, literally ONE restriction, stay out of the news for off field stuff and not being able to do it for a week

saying this is for dancing is like saying Jared from Subway is in jail for surfing the web.

and we have seen him, he is not capable of much. The browns have seen him for 2 years, if they thought he was capable you are right, they'd forgive him

he's not

he's an addict that needs help.

Clev currently has the #1 pick so it's hard to imagin they aren't going to be picking a franchise QB this coming April.

I think all this final game stretch was really doing was looking to confirm if JF was or was not that guy. They probably feel they got the answer without having to let it play out.

The Browns also gave him a free pass with the roadside incident where he was fighting with his girlfriend. I think I did that once when I was 17. Manziel can't stay out of trouble. He's one bad decision after another. And it looks like the Browns are finished hoping he's going to grow up.

I thought they did and he ended up in rehab.

which is the point

This.
You are missing my point that I have been banging. When ever anyone defends anyone they always miss the point because they are so quick to respond.

If he was throwing for 300 and 3 his singing dancing and drinking would not be a problem.

How on this planet are you not seeing that as a talent based point? Especially when I put it in all cap earlier.

Some need to read comments before the respond.

They are not dealing with it because he is Johnny. The coach dont like him, that is clear. What is minced in my point?

which is the point

This.
You are missing my point that I have been banging. When ever anyone defends anyone they always miss the point because they are so quick to respond.

If he was throwing for 300 and 3 his singing dancing and drinking would not be a problem.

How on this planet are you not seeing that as a talent based point? Especially when I put it in all cap earlier.

They are not dealing with it because he is Johnny. The coach dont like him, that is clear. What is minced in my point?
no one disagrees with this

he's not

he's a ####ty QB, a bad person, and a distraction

they can deal with one or two of those, not all 3

The guy represents the franchise. A quarterback for even a bad team like the Browns is very visible to the public eye and carries a space in the public consciousness. At this point, it should be clear this guy is an addict. He’s not someone like you and I who can go out and have a few drinks every other weekend and go about himself in a regular way the following day. He needs something to crutch onto. It may not even be alcohol, but it is something that is causing some self-destructive behavior in a way that you nor I could even fully understand.

That’s why it’s a big deal that he’s ‘singing and dancing.’ Personally, I don’t give a crap, no. But I haven’t invested time, energy and resources into this dude getting his #### together besides buying his rookie card.

The guy represents the franchise. A quarterback for even a bad team like the Browns is very visible to the public eye and carries a space in the public consciousness. At this point, it should be clear this guy is an addict. He’s not someone like you and I who can go out and have a few drinks every other weekend and go about himself in a regular way the following day. He needs something to crutch onto. It may not even be alcohol, but it is something that is causing some self-destructive behavior in a way that you nor I could even fully understand.

That’s why it’s a big deal that he’s ‘singing and dancing.’ Personally, I don’t give a crap, no. But I haven’t invested time, energy and resources into this dude getting his #### together besides buying his rookie card.
He's 22! If Brian Hoyer did the exact same thing nobody would care. The stories about Elway's drinking and escapades are legendary. Brett Favre took pictures of his svantz and sent it to woman he hardly knew. Manziel was singing and holding a bottle in a bar! We've lost our minds here.

which is the point

This.

I don't think you realize that the Browns have concluded he can't be a 300/3 guy for very long if at all while drinking. They are not morons.

He hasn't thrown for 300/3 yet btw. That 'awesome' performance everyone keeps talking about was a dismal loss for the Browns against their biggest rival. That the Steelers let him dink up field all day is no great accomplishment.

Not to mention the locker room. How would you like to tell your 350 pound journeymen linemen to go work their asses off and your WRs to spend time in the film room while everyone knows the starting QB doesn't give a sht?

Yep, not many types of people that I cannot stand worse then the rich coddled kid that can do no wrong and lives in his own little insulated existence. Its Johnnys world we are just living in it.

which is the point

I am reading your posts with the voice of the dude from Slingblade

I don't know what you're talking about. I've already said it is largely about talent. I believe I said it was a primary reason. I also said talent wins 99.99% of the time. You don't seem to be reading what I'm typing...Why does some fictional scenario of JF passing for 300/3 a game matter here? He's not and he's not shown to be a good NFL QB. Pretty much everyone agrees that IF he was a good QB this isn't likely happening. He not a good QB and he keeps screwing up.

Oh and I'm sure this behavior would still be a problem for Clev if he was good. It just wouldn't be enough to warrant this same reaction. Teams are willing to deal with dummies as long as they can play.

Clev has tried to deal with him, multiple times. That's been layed out already. You seem intent on ignoring it and acting like this is about him harmlessly singing, dancing and having beers. Clearly you can see its escalated to this point based on several past transgressions.

So yeah, maybe Clev isn't dealing with it anymore. Maybe they have finally grown tired of coddling a poor player that keeps causing distractions on their team.

Clev currently has the #1 pick so it's hard to imagin they aren't going to be picking a franchise QB this coming April.

I think all this final game stretch was really doing was looking to confirm if JF was or was not that guy. They probably feel they got the answer without having to let it play out.
Problem for Cleveland is that there is not a college qb prospect that is even remotely close to having the talent to go #1. But they will pick someone anyway and the circle will continue.

When you're sitting there on Thanksgiving night watching Brett Favre being inducted into the Packer's HoF think about some of the stuff that guy was probably doing throughout his career. And he was married. He's being given the teams highest honor, on a holiday no less when the whole country will be watching. Then think about Manziel being publicly vilified for holding a bottle, lip syncing to some rap in a bar and losing his job and maybe his career. Doesn't seem fair.

By the way, Cleveland has a lot of pride. I come from a city where I can relate.

What do you think Manziel really thinks about Cleveland? I don't recall any bonding there going on between him and the fans, the city or the people. He's probably thinking 'good riddance' and I'm guessing the feeling is mutual.

I don't know what you're talking about. I've already said it is largely about talent. I believe I said it was a primary reason. I also said talent wins 99.99% of the time. You don't seem to be reading what I'm typing...Why does some fictional scenario of JF passing for 300/3 a game matter here? He's not and he's not shown to be a good NFL QB. Pretty much everyone agrees that IF he was a good QB this isn't likely happening. He not a good QB and he keeps screwing up.

Oh and I'm sure this behavior would still be a problem for Clev if he was good. It just wouldn't be enough to warrant this same reaction. Teams are willing to deal with dummies as long as they can play.

Clev has tried to deal with him, multiple times. That's been layed out already. You seem intent on ignoring it and acting like this is about him harmlessly singing, dancing and having beers. Clearly you can see its escalated to this point based on several past transgressions.

So yeah, maybe Clev isn't dealing with it anymore. Maybe they have finally grown tired of coddling a poor player that keeps causing distractions on their team.
Poor player? He played his greatest game as a pro two weeks ago against Pittsburgh and led the Browns to 9 points.

When you're sitting there on Thanksgiving night watching Brett Favre being inducted into the Packer's HoF think about some of the stuff that guy was probably doing throughout his career. And he was married. He's being given the teams highest honor, on a holiday no less when the whole country will be watching. Then think about Manziel being publicly vilified for holding a bottle, lip syncing to some rap in a bar and losing his job and maybe his career. Doesn't seem fair.
Life is not fair and I am not sure what point you are trying to make bringing Farve into this?

You really think Favre didn't know his reads or didn't put in the work or let his addictions get in the way of what he was doing on the field? It's not a moral thing. John Manziell cannot drink and quarterback. Can't do it. He maybe can do it for a game or two or more but eventually his problem will catch up with him on the field. I guarantee you the Browns know this has been affecting what he does for a living.

You really think Favre didn't know his reads or didn't put in the work or let his addictions get in the way of what he was doing on the field? It's not a moral thing. John Manziell cannot drink and quarterback. Can't do it. He maybe can do it for a game or two or more but eventually his problem will catch up with him on the field. I guarantee you the Browns know this has been affecting what he does for a living.
Gotta think his debut against Cincy last year was a culmination of his attitude, drinking, partying and general lack of commitment to the pro game and what it takes to be successful at the pro level. Not a revelation I know.

He is not liked, for that he has not got a chance. For that he gets hated at on the internet, rightfully so.

But this is football, I do not care about what he does off the field short of criminal activity.

I just wanted to see him get a real chance to show what he can do over a length of a season.

He did not deserve to lose his starting gig because of a video that shows him singing and dancing or because he loves to party.

Haters will hate, as this thread shows. But I like football and I like to see football players get a chance if they have talent and he has some.

He is the only reason anyone talks about the Browns.

Gotta think his debut against Cincy last year was a culmination of his attitude, drinking, partying and general lack of commitment to the pro game and what it takes to be successful at the pro level. Not a revelation I know.
Absolutely.

He is not liked, for that he has not got a chance. For that he gets hated at on the internet, rightfully so.

But this is football, I do not care about what he does off the field short of criminal activity.

I just wanted to see him get a real chance to show what he can do over a length of a season.

He did not deserve to lose his starting gig because of a video that shows him singing and dancing or because he loves to party.

Haters will hate, as this thread shows. But I like football and I like to see football players get a chance if they have talent and he has some.

He is the only reason anyone talks about the Browns.
Wow. I bet John Manziel says that too.

Users who are viewing this thread