What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (6 Viewers)

So does Cowher mean that he would waive Manziel or that he would take out a large knife and actually cut him?

So many weird things have gone on with Manziel, I'm just trying to be sure.

It will be interesting to see how the NFL reacts to this since they are part of the NO MORE campaign against domestic violence.

Staying quiet about it without any investigation into it would seem to go directly against the no more campaign.

I could see the GF being a total beotch and lying about him slamming her head into the glass. I could also see an abused person making the accusation and then recanting because they think the abuser really does love them. Either way I would be shocked if the NFL does not investigate this.

And to whoever inferred that his problem is drinking and not domestic violence, tell that to his GF who had her head slammed against a window (if that is what happened). I am sure she will feel better that it only happened because he has a problem with drinking.

It will be interesting to see how the NFL reacts to this since they are part of the NO MORE campaign against domestic violence.

Staying quiet about it without any investigation into it would seem to go directly against the no more campaign.

I could see the GF being a total beotch and lying about him slamming her head into the glass. I could also see an abused person making the accusation and then recanting because they think the abuser really does love them. Either way I would be shocked if the NFL does not investigate this.

And to whoever inferred that his problem is drinking and not domestic violence, tell that to his GF who had her head slammed against a window (if that is what happened). I am sure she will feel better that it only happened because he has a problem with drinking.
with no arrest and a girlfriend who doesn't want to assist i doubt anything happens

only he kows if he is an alcholic, but the signs are there.

If he does not think he is an alcoholic than the rehab was worthless

if he is an alcoholic a few drinks is a big deal

I think he's a highly over rate dooshbag of a QB, but I want the guy to get his life straight. I don;t like hearing about anyone struggling to wrest control of their life from an addiction. I wish him the best,

i've been hearing rumors around town ever since he got out of rehab that he's had beers here and there, but i've not said anything because he was staying out of trouble.

i'm wondering since nothing was ever stated publicly that the rehab stint was for the cocaine, and Manziel somehow sees the alcohol as a separate issue? nothing to base that on, just wondering out loud.

with no arrest and a girlfriend who doesn't want to assist i doubt anything happens
I am not saying anything happens. But the NFL will be total hypocrites if they do not at least investigate. If it was found out that he abused his girlfriend and they didn't even investigate then their slogan should be changed to "NO MORE (unless it is an NFL player)"

i've been hearing rumors around town ever since he got out of rehab that he's had beers here and there, but i've not said anything because he was staying out of trouble.

i'm wondering since nothing was ever stated publicly that the rehab stint was for the cocaine, and Manziel somehow sees the alcohol as a separate issue? nothing to base that on, just wondering out loud.
Could be, but wasn't Manziel's dad worried about him being an alcoholic before he entered the league?

Could be, but wasn't Manziel's dad worried about him being an alcoholic before he entered the league?
yes i believe there was an article out there quoting his dad saying as much.

i'm just trying to figure out a reasonable explanation.

other than the whole rehab thing being a PR move. which doesn't make sense either, based on the length of his stay in rehab.

why not just tell the cop, "No, I was not drinking."

i don't get it.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Honest question can an addict exist soberly in a profession as pressure packed as star NFL QB?
Sure. People face pressure every day in different ways.Homeless addicts sometimes find a way to exist soberly, and they face a lot of pressure.

Joe Summer said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Honest question can an addict exist soberly in a profession as pressure packed as star NFL QB?
Brett Favre?
Cris Carter.

Stanley Wilson, not so much.
Favre was a great QB, got hurt, then became addicted, then got off. He was addicted to medication relating to his pain. He wasn't an alcohol/drugs abuser from what I recall.

Carter was obviously not a QB. I'm also not sure of his history, I kind of thought he became a great player when he stopped abusing, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Yeah, to my mind, it's not the booze -- despite what some programs say, you don't have to be totally dry to get your life together -- it's the domestic violence angle. The league does not need that. (They've got to protect their phoney baloney jobs)

amnesiac said:

I always speculated it was pain killers ala Favre hence why the arm was an issue in training camp. Someday it will come, hope the kid gets his #### straight but I'm not sure he plays another down for the Browns. I think they would take the bag of magic beans for him right now.

watching the video it actually looks like they both need to get away from eachother and just find someone to love becuase if you can not be with the one you love love the one your with tak ethat to the bank bromigos

watching the video it actually looks like they both need to get away from eachother and just find someone to love becuase if you can not be with the one you love love the one your with tak ethat to the bank bromigos
Or: if you can't be with the one you're with without getting physical or dragging each other into addictive, destructive habits you shouldn't be with the one you're with, even if that means taking her to the bank and writing her a check to be rid if her, brohan.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
He claims there's a woman to blame.

But he knows, it's his own damn fault

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Cowher would cut him? That's funny, I don't recall him cutting Big Ben and I'd argue his indiscretions were far worse than Manziel's.

In the short time they spent with her the cops obviously drew a bead on this Crowley wack job. There is no way they would have allowed these two to leave together if they believed her claim that he 'ht her a couple of times.' Kruger knows what the deal is, and he pretty clearly indicated that this nut case is bad news. I'm no fan of Manziel, but it looks to me like he's getting a raw deal here. Probably found a boiled bunny in a pot when a got home.

In the short time they spent with her the cops obviously drew a bead on this Crowley wack job. There is no way they would have allowed these two to leave together if they believed her claim that he 'ht her a couple of times.' Kruger knows what the deal is, and he pretty clearly indicated that this nut case is bad news. I'm no fan of Manziel, but it looks to me like he's getting a raw deal here. Probably found a boiled bunny in a pot when a got home.
Looks to me like this girl needs to get away from the spoiled, alcoholic inbred hillbilly.

Users who are viewing this thread