What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (3 Viewers)

Michael Irvin: Dallas can save Johnny Manziel, and Ill help

Totally awesome. After the team's stellar record with Joseph Randle, Josh Brent, and their spectacular experiment with Greg Hardy, this can only be good for Johnny.
You obviously don't have a clue what the hell it is you're talking about.Cowboys have a stellar record when it comes to dealing with malcontents. The cowboys are one of the few teams that would have any chance of helping Manziel.

If there's any truth to the rumor that he hit his girlfriend, which it is just a rumor at this point than the Cowboys can't touch him nor can anybody else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bri said:
Holy Geesh "I truly believe if they can't get him help, he won't live to see his 24th birthday," Paul Manziel told The Dallas Morning News."

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/texasamaggies/2016/02/05/johnny-manziels-father-son-get-help-qb-live-see-24th-birthday
This is definitely worse than I thought, drinking on your own time when you're 22 is one thing, getting in arguments with a chick is one thing, but when family members are concerned for the person's life, that's an obvious red flag.

Johnny should step away from football and get some help if the above quote is truly telling of the situation.

Is his family taking any responsibility in trying to help him? It stood out to me in the quote that Paul Manziel says if THEY can't help him. Family has to take some responsibility in being enablers.

Totally awesome. After the team's stellar record with Joseph Randle, Josh Brent, and their spectacular experiment with Greg Hardy, this can only be good for Johnny.
You obviously don't have a clue what the hell it is you're talking about.Cowboys have a stellar record when it comes to dealing with malcontents. The cowboys are one of the few teams that would have any chance of helping Manziel.

If there's any truth to the rumor that he hit his girlfriend, which it is just a rumor at this point than the Cowboys can't touch him nor can anybody else.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yeah, I know it's your team, but I don't need to know what I'm talking about, all I need to do is search 'Cowboys arrests', and look at the names. Stellar record?

Yep, if there's any truth to the rumor that Manziel hit his girl then the Cowboys won't sign him. Who told you that, Greg Hardy?

Time to drop the Manziel jokes, boys.

There's a time for laughing and a time for realizing someone needs serious help, and people to back off.

Is his family taking any responsibility in trying to help him? It stood out to me in the quote that Paul Manziel says if THEY can't help him. Family has to take some responsibility in being enablers.
There's only so much family members can do. Sounds like his father is trying.

There's only so much family members can do. Sounds like his father is trying.
ESPN reporting that the father/family tried to get him in rehab twice last week and he refused both times.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Ouch. If an agent won't even tolerate him, does anyone really expect an NFL team? Thought the same before even the latest news, but gonna be awhile, if ever, before this guy ever sees the NFL again. Guys has far far serious matters than football. Hopefully he realizes that at some point.

Johnny Manziel's agent, Erik Burkhardt, has parted ways with the quarterback.
It's unusual to see the agent leaving the player. Most of the time, it's the other way around. But Burkhardt seems fed up with the off-field mess for his client, and Manziel has been unwilling to take control of his own life. Burkhardt says he's tried setting up meetings for Manziel with professionals, but Manziel has declined them. Manziel needs to pull himself out of the gutter.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Yeah. If an agent dumps his meal ticket, it is huge. That is when the media begins to really understand that a player is in serious jeopardy.

--------------------------------------------------

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
A statement from @ErikBurkhardt, the now former agent for Johnny Manziel. Their business relationship is over

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 2h2 hours ago
Albert Breer Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Wow ... This is a rare step for an agent to take, and an indication of the depth of the issues here.

Tony Grossi@TonyGrossi 2h2 hours ago
When an agent dumps you, like Erik Burkhardt did w Johnny Manziel, tnothing much left. Burkhardt's statement was stronger than the Browns'

-------

Then to have his own family chime in to say they fear he won't reach his next birthday alive?

------

Tony Grossi@TonyGrossi 1h1 hour ago
Johnny Manziel's father: If son doesn't get help, QB 'won't live to see his 24th birthday' http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/texasamaggies/2016/02/05/johnny-manziels-father-son-get-help-qb-live-see-24th-birthday via @sportsdaydfw

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 45m45 minutes ago
Ian Rapoport Retweeted Jason McIntyre

Horrifying.

There's a time for laughing and a time for realizing someone needs serious help, and people to back off.
lol

We have been saying this dude is a trainwreck for 2 years and now you are trying to play moral police. Comical.

Kid is a spoiled entitled brat and this is the chickens coming home to roost.

lol

We have been saying this dude is a trainwreck for 2 years and now you are trying to play moral police. Comical.

Kid is a spoiled entitled brat and this is the chickens coming home to roost.
Moral police?

The kid is on the verge of killing himself, and you want your message board cred ego to be massaged or something? You're ####ed up, man.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yeah, I know it's your team, but I don't need to know what I'm talking about, all I need to do is search 'Cowboys arrests', and look at the names. Stellar record?

Yep, if there's any truth to the rumor that Manziel hit his girl then the Cowboys won't sign him. Who told you that, Greg Hardy?
I said they have a stellar record when it comes to dealing with trouble players I didn't say a stellar record with the arrests, however they are t close to leading the league in this either. I know you Raiders fans are illiterate so I'll give you a pass on this one. http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2544821-vikings-lead-nfl-teams-with-most-player-arrests-in-last-5-years

The Cowboys just came out to say no thanks. Next thing you know other teams will too. Just like how it was with Terrell Owens.

End of the road Ryan Leaf/Cade McNown/Johnny Football.

She probably punched herself, right mobbin? Either that or she brought it on herself because "all women are crazy."

What are the odds that a QB cut by the Browns will ever be successful somewhere else? Let's be honest here - the Browns would never cut a QB who had even a minuscule chance of being successful.

The Cowboys just came out to say no thanks. Next thing you know other teams will too. Just like how it was with Terrell Owens.

End of the road Ryan Leaf/Cade McNown/Johnny Football.
Nah, they can't be true, I was assured in this thread he was acting up just to go to Dallas.

TO was in that 2nd stage for like 10 years, and Dennis Rodman played most of his career in the 3rd. Just to add a couple more counter-examples.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Ouch. If an agent won't even tolerate him, does anyone really expect an NFL team? Thought the same before even the latest news, but gonna be awhile, if ever, before this guy ever sees the NFL again. Guys has far far serious matters than football. Hopefully he realizes that at some point.

It's unusual to see the agent leaving the player. Most of the time, it's the other way around. But Burkhardt seems fed up with the off-field mess for his client, and Manziel has been unwilling to take control of his own life. Burkhardt says he's tried setting up meetings for Manziel with professionals, but Manziel has declined them. Manziel needs to pull himself out of the gutter.

Yeah. If an agent dumps his meal ticket, it is huge. That is when the media begins to really understand that a player is in serious jeopardy.
Similar sentiment expressed often today.

Initially I thought the same.

I think this agent is a curseword and may find it real hard to get any future clients.

This is the same guy with Randle. Randle asked him to shush while he told his family and the Cowboys what happened. He called everyone he could, instead.

Randle is dumbfounded by the gambling, needs help statement and says how he lost one bad bet.

Why would an agent tell the world his client has a gambling issue?

Johnny lost the endorsement deals he had. This guy making an announcement that he's not representing Johnny....why? He is about to get cut? What do you mean? For the next week or two? Since when do agents tell the world they no longer represent someone? Some first rounder is represented by Steinberg or some guy is representing himself is typical news, why is this guy announcing this?

ALOT of agents find a professional way of saying "I'll ruin you if you go to another company for representation." It's a bit of a tv movie type saying but also some truth to it.

Randle was breaking out, Manziel about to renegotiate a new deal with some new team possibly Johnny Football returning to Texas.

It makes a nicely wrapped conspiracy theory.

I am not sure what to believe but I am stuck on why did he announce he won't represent a guy about to be cut and a guy in jail? Wasn't it obvious? Why do both need addiction counseling and even if genuine, why do you tell the world in your announcement?

Something royally stinks with this agent, wish I could know the truth.

Craig_MiamiFL said:

I think this agent is a curseword and may find it real hard to get any future clients.

This is the same guy with Randle. Randle asked him to shush while he told his family and the Cowboys what happened. He called everyone he could, instead.

Randle is dumbfounded by the gambling, needs help statement and says how he lost one bad bet.

Johnny lost the endorsement deals he had. This guy making an announcement that he's not representing Johnny....why? He is about to get cut? What do you mean? For the next week or two? Since when do agents tell the world they no longer represent someone? Some first rounder is represented by Steinberg or some guy is representing himself is typical news, why is this guy announcing this?

ALOT of agents find a professional way of saying "I'll ruin you if you go to another company for representation." It's a bit of a tv movie type saying but also some truth to it.

Randle was breaking out, Manziel about to renegotiate a new deal with some new team possibly Johnny Football returning to Texas.

I am not sure what to believe but I am stuck on why did he announce he won't represent a guy about to be cut and a guy in jail? Wasn't it obvious? Why do both need addiction counseling and even if genuine, why do you tell the world in your announcement?

Nope, its never Johnnys fault, always someone else.

A judge has signed a protective order keeping Johnny Manziel away from his girlfriend for 2 years and ordered him to pay 12k in legal fees.
Not really his girlfriend anymore...

What are the odds that a QB cut by the Browns will ever be successful somewhere else? Let's be honest here - the Browns would never cut a QB who had even a minuscule chance of being successful.
Vinnie Testaverde made two Pro Bowls after being cut by the Browns. Jeff Garcia made one. Brian Hoyer had a not-bad season this year.

Vinnie Testaverde made two Pro Bowls after being cut by the Browns. Jeff Garcia made one. Brian Hoyer had a not-bad season this year.
Testaverde was cut by the Ravens. I don't think Hoyer was cut, but signed elsewhere as an FA.

Right now this dude "plays" in the NFL and teams don't want him to. He has issues and clearly has problems with alcohol control and how he acts around women. But, he is still in the NFL..

Struggling to see how he should earn a living in the NFL for being a bad character and terrible at his job when Gordon and Blackmon are sitting out for some similar but deeply personal issues.

Testaverde was cut by the Ravens. I don't think Hoyer was cut, but signed elsewhere as an FA.
The year after Testaverde was cut by the Ravens, he went 12-1 as a starter, made the Pro Bowl and won a playoff game for the Jets. Though to be fair, Testaverde left the Browns the same year the Browns left Cleveland.

Sounds like ex gf junk, wasn't all that bad (ETA bad paste, from rebecca lopez)

Tarrant Co. Judge states,"The court finds there is reason to believe that family violence occurred." Protective order issued in Manziel case

The year after Testaverde was cut by the Ravens, he went 12-1 as a starter, made the Pro Bowl and won a playoff game for the Jets. Though to be fair, Testaverde left the Browns the same year the Browns left Cleveland.
You realize that the Browns became the Ravens, right?

of course the gf is crazy, she's hanging out with Manziel.

does not excuse his behavior.

his dad has been concerned about him for years.

this is not news.

nothing has changed with this guy.

some people can see it.

others continue to make excuses.

Craig_MiamiFL said:

Still :fishy: I see.

He wasn't cut - the Browns became the Ravens in 1996.

Rebecca Lopez ✔@rlopezwfaa

Sources say Johnny Manziel's ex, Colleen Crowley has given a statement to the Dallas Police department and wants DA to file charges

6:36 PM - 5 Feb 2016 · Dallas, TX,

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
Police statement from their site-

Following yesterday’s release, today the Dallas Police Department received a complaint of a domestic violence assault that occurred in Dallas on January 30, 2016. A criminal investigation into the incident, in which Johnathan Manziel is the listed suspect, has been initiated. Detectives will thoroughly investigate the case to determine what criminal charges, if any, will be filed and victim services will be offered.

As there are many emotional factors involved, it is not uncommon for a victim of domestic violence to question or delay reporting an assault. This is an on-going investigation and updates will be made as information becomes available.

How is it that Josh Gordon has smoked weed and drank alcohol and has been suspended for two years, while Manziel does coke and beats women and has never even been suspended one game?

Users who are viewing this thread