Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RIP

His argument is pretty ridiculous, but there's really no reason to bring up Ferguson or the I can't breathe protests in response. Pretty poor taste here guys.

How is it that Josh Gordon has smoked weed and drank alcohol and has been suspended for two years, while Manziel does coke and beats women and has never even been suspended one game?

my understanding is that cocain processes out of your system much faster than marijuana.

How is it that Josh Gordon has smoked weed and drank alcohol and has been suspended for two years, while Manziel does coke and beats women and has never even been suspended one game?

Has Manziel officially been caught by anyone? Most of the stories on him seem to be just reports. Gordon failed NFL tests multiple times and the rules are clearly defined by the NFL for suspension.

pretty sure his suspension is on the way. Mel kiper just theorized that it may be a year at best before we see Johnny again in the NFL. That's assuming he gets help, stays clean and out of trouble and possibly playing a year in the cfl to show you are dedicated to the game. Johnny put himself in a bad bad spot right now.

Has Manziel officially been caught by anyone? Most of the stories on him seem to be just reports. Gordon failed NFL tests multiple times and the rules are clearly defined by the NFL for suspension.

well, there are photographs of him in a nightclub bathroom rolling up a dollar bill. There's no other reason he'd be doing that than to snort a line of coke. And that's worse than anything Gordon has been caught doing. But I think this latest story of hitting his girlfriend and threatening to kill her will he the final straw. I'm sure a suspension is coming. Not that he's likely to be on an NFL roster anyway. Edited by JuniorNB

Does a suspension start immediately or when you get signed?

when Cleveland cuts him in March, he would have to serve the suspension after he's signed by another team. Whether it's before week one or in week 10. Or not till 2017

well, there are photographs of him in a nightclub bathroom rolling up a dollar bill. There's no other reason he'd be doing that than to snort a line of coke. And that's worse than anything Gordon has been caught doing. But I think this latest story of hitting his girlfriend and threatening to kill her will he the final straw. I'm sure a suspension is coming. Not that he's likely to be on an NFL roster anyway.

I don't think you can hand out a suspension based solely on that though. It's most likely what happened but still not proof. I would think if they suspended any player based on that the player would win the appeal.

Police statement from their site-

Following yesterday’s release, today the Dallas Police Department received a complaint of a domestic violence assault that occurred in Dallas on January 30, 2016. A criminal investigation into the incident, in which Johnathan Manziel is the listed suspect, has been initiated. Detectives will thoroughly investigate the case to determine what criminal charges, if any, will be filed and victim services will be offered.

As there are many emotional factors involved, it is not uncommon for a victim of domestic violence to question or delay reporting an assault. This is an on-going investigation and updates will be made as information becomes available.

Not answering phone calls. Won't respond to family begging him to get help. Facing a criminal record and loss of his career. This is actually worrisome now.

Tony Grossi@TonyGrossi 1h1 hour agoJohnny Manziel's father: If son doesn't get help, QB 'won't live to see his 24th birthday'

Man, all the flack I took posting quotes from his father before he was drafted. The guy has known for a very long time that Johnny has serious problems, but the fans choose to ignore it.

The guy, his dad, knew? Shocking that he apparently did nothing to prevent his son from ruining himself. Instead of tweeting maybe he should have been a ####### father to his son?

You know, successful football player, and dead junkie aren't the only options here.

He's screwing up his career at the moment, that's all.

We need to speak in hushed tones and not joke around because......why? Because anyone that is dying for some press is weighing in, and yapping about helping him? His dad was concerned he was gonna die? From drinking like a college kid? Takes a long time, pop.

If Johnny never played football again, he'd probably spend the next ten years doing blow, drinking, knocking down cocktail waitresses, and making the occasional appearance on TMZ. He'd probably settle down in his 30's, and find some easy gig as a college football announcer, or motivational speaker getting paid to scare college kids.

Hardly a tragedy. It'd be a shame, not a tragedy.

Tony Grossi@TonyGrossi 1h1 hour agoJohnny Manziel's father: If son doesn't get help, QB 'won't live to see his 24th birthday'

Man, all the flack I took posting quotes from his father before he was drafted. The guy has known for a very long time that Johnny has serious problems, but the fans choose to ignore it.

The guy, his dad, knew? Shocking that he apparently did nothing to prevent his son from ruining himself. Instead of tweeting maybe he should have been a ####### father to his son?

I'm guessing he did try to reach Johnny. Sometimes there's not much a parent can do.

Worst post in this forum's history?

well, there are photographs of him in a nightclub bathroom rolling up a dollar bill. There's no other reason he'd be doing that than to snort a line of coke. And that's worse than anything Gordon has been caught doing. But I think this latest story of hitting his girlfriend and threatening to kill her will he the final straw. I'm sure a suspension is coming. Not that he's likely to be on an NFL roster anyway.

You can snort lots of things including, for example, legally prescribed pain killers. Seems more likely IMO.

I am not sure that misuse of a prescription drug is a crime if it is his prescription.

Johnny is a man - men can make their own choices and a father can only intervene so much.

Nowhere but up from here for Johnny Football it appears

He hasn't come close to the bottom yet.

If you have an alcoholic or addict in your life, you know that they can only start getting better when they decide they have a problem and want to get better. You can be supportive of them getting help, but ultimately they are the

ones who have to do the work to get better.

You can snort lots of things including, for example, legally prescribed pain killers. Seems more likely IMO.

I am not sure that misuse of a prescription drug is a crime if it is his prescription.

lol. Yeah, most guys who take prescription drugs wait till they're in a nightclub before chopping them up and snorting them. ROFL Edited by JuniorNB

lol. Yeah, most guys who take prescription drugs wait till they're in a nightclub before chopping them up and snorting them. ROFL

You're missing the point, or ignoring it. I didn't say or suggest that it was responsible behavior, I did not advocate or support it in any way and I did not use it to excuse Manziel on any level. I am just not sure it is illegal, and that is kind of a big distinction.

lol. Yeah, most guys who take prescription drugs wait till they're in a nightclub before chopping them up and snorting them. ROFL

You're missing the point, or ignoring it. I didn't say or suggest that it was responsible behavior, I did not advocate or support it in any way and I did not use it to excuse Manziel on any level. I am just not sure it is illegal, and that is kind of a big distinction.
But you said 'seems more likely'. That was a joke, right? He was doing coke. There is zero doubt about that.

But you said 'seems more likely'. That was a joke, right? He was doing coke. There is zero doubt about that.

Yeah, there is a lot of doubt about that. Snorting opiates is a very common practice among kids nowadays and they are easier to come by than cocaine.

That's how I take my Flintstone vitamins.

That's how I take my Flintstone vitamins.
ha. There are naive suckers born every day.

Yeah, there is a lot of doubt about that. Snorting opiates is a very common practice among kids nowadays and they are easier to come by than cocaine.

Opiates at a club?

All that is necessary to refute my observation would be for someone to provide the source that allows them to make a factual claim regarding the reason for his rehab.

Until then, I don't really get all the angry over this. :shrug:

This has got to be a running gag.

Is it really so hard to imagine this guy could have been in rehab for a drug addiction?

Heck drugs would be my first guess. :shrug:

:yes:

LT played some of his best football high on cocaine, I dont see a problem here.

Johnny's new name could be LT Lite.

Johnny 8 ball.

Finally acceptable to use this?

My take is Manziel's only focus on draft day was all about the cash he stand to make which shows with his idiot "show me the money" stick. I don't think the privilege of being an NFL QB was first in his mind. It's sad most of us would give a right arm for this opportunity/gift but guys like Manziel piss this once in a lifetime opportunity away. He's done and not even Jerry Jones is going to take a chance.

Edited by towney

My take is Manziel's only focus on draft day was all about the cash he stand to make which shows with his idiot "show me the money" stick. I don't think the privilege of being an NFL QB was first in his mind. It's sad most of us would give a right arm for this opportunity/gift but guys like Manziel piss this once in a lifetime opportunity away. He's done and not even Jerry Jones is going to take a chance.

Do you take a chance on a guy who may be going to jail?

Do you take a chance on a guy who may be going to jail?

This. Is a team going to bother going through the PR nightmare of bringing in a drug addict and woman beater when he's not even an above average quarterback? I think Manziel's football days are over. Unless a Canadian league team wants to roll the dice.
  • Faust changed the title to Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'