Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RIP

His argument is pretty ridiculous, but there's really no reason to bring up Ferguson or the I can't breathe protests in response. Pretty poor taste here guys.

8 hours ago, The Man With No Name said:

And how does it not answer and relate to your question, other than I'm not Greg? ( Greg, you remember Leinart I'm sure...can you think of any other NFL QBs famous for partying after college? ) 

That is true, thank you for posting them

14 hours ago, Old Smiley said:

It's kind of always been there though.  I remember reading something about his dad saying that Johnny would use anger to avoid stuff. Dad would try to tell him something, Johnny would freak out, and dad would back off.  It's worked his whole life.

I was always hoping he'd get it together so we could see what he actually was as an NFL player.

Assuming the bold is true, it adds to the preconception that his dad is partly to blame for Johnny being a schmuck.  

Not to excuse Johnny at all but parenting matters. 

33 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

Assuming the bold is true, it adds to the preconception that his dad is partly to blame for Johnny being a schmuck.  

Not to excuse Johnny at all but parenting matters. 

I mean of course his dad is partly to blame. He raised him! And no that doesn't excuse anything at all. We are all responsible for our own actions no matter how terrible of a childhood we had. And yes, getting everything you want all the time because your parents are afraid of your tantrums is a terrible childhood.

2 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

:lmao:

At this point, there's pretty much no headline containing the name "Johnny Manziel" that I'd be unwilling to believe.  He's like the Florida Man of the NFL.

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant

It seems that he has honestly moved on from football. Given that his family is rich and he was certainly raised in an affluent manner, I almost believe that his goal was to make it to the NFL just to show he could. Now that he has, he is moving on to something else. He obviously couldn't care less about the money. He knows thanks to daddy, he is set. He'll inherit way more than he'd ever earn in the NFL someday. So why bother?

2 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

It seems that he has honestly moved on from football. Given that his family is rich and he was certainly raised in an affluent manner, I almost believe that his goal was to make it to the NFL just to show he could. Now that he has, he is moving on to something else. He obviously couldn't care less about the money. He knows thanks to daddy, he is set. He'll inherit way more than he'd ever earn in the NFL someday. So why bother?

That's a bold statement, how much money does his family have? 

A solid NFL QB plus endorsements can earn $200M easily in their career.

1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

That's a bold statement, how much money does his family have? 

A solid NFL QB plus endorsements can earn $200M easily in their career.

Does it matter? Let's say he knows he'll inherit $100M by doing nothing, partying, blow, hookers. Why would you have any interest in subjecting yourself to the punishment a body takes playing in the NFL? He'll be set for life. He's not worried about money.

4 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

wait, when did he show he could make it in the NFL?

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Does it matter? Let's say he knows he'll inherit $100M by doing nothing, partying, blow, hookers. Why would you have any interest in subjecting yourself to the punishment a body takes playing in the NFL? He'll be set for life. He's not worried about money.

I've always read his family is affluent, never looked into the details. It's one thing to be well off and have $5-$10M... Nine figures is another stratosphere, he comes from money like that?

4 hours ago, The Man With No Name said:

Don't know if this article was ever posted here or not. Manziel family larger than life. Good read

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/aggies/article/Manziel-family-was-larger-than-life-long-before-4723092.php

Makes his little money gesture about a million times more douchey than it already was. Wow

28 minutes ago, Greg Russell said:

Hard to believe it's come to this. I mean, he wore a helmet and pads during his pro day after all!

Ha, I'd forgotten about that! Probably worth noting when that happens next. 

ETA: going back to watch ESPN's coverage of his pro day is painful. Burmeister claims Manziel has more arm talent than Kaepernick and Wilson, and he isn't laughed out of the building by Warner and Mayock. Oof. 

Edited by Neofight
2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Manziel isn't failing because of his lack of elite talent.   He's failing because of his elite lack of desire. 

And if that didn't get in the way he would end up failing because he isn't good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL.  Kid had college talent but I seriously doubted his NFL talent.  The crazy thing is I'm not surprised but this outcome and had a feeling he would screw up.  There were plenty of red flags.

Oh,  I'm not defending him or defending the pick.  I'm just saying I can understand why someone would have been enamored with him in the late first and why the pundits would have agreed.  The red flags were apparent and that's for someone who didn't have massive resources to do research on him before picking him. 

On 3/2/2016 at 9:44 PM, amnesiac said:

wait, when did he show he could make it in the NFL?

Draft day. I didn't say be successful. Someone probably said "I'll bet you a couple shots that you can never make it to the NFL." Johnny said "I'll take that bet!" And the rest is history.

On March 2, 2016 at 10:31 AM, bostonfred said:

Oh,  I'm not defending him or defending the pick.  I'm just saying I can understand why someone would have been enamored with him in the late first and why the pundits would have agreed.  The red flags were apparent and that's for someone who didn't have massive resources to do research on him before picking him. 

Pre-draft, His father said he was a disaster in waiting :lmao:

12 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Draft day. I didn't say be successful. Someone probably said "I'll bet you a couple shots that you can never make it to the NFL." Johnny said "I'll take that bet!" And the rest is history.

ah, so you meant make it TO the NFL.  

that makes more sense.  

I'm in the camp of he was not that great of a quarterback coming out. He threw off his back foot way to much and turned his back to defenders a ton which will get you killed in today's NFL. Mike Evans made him look good in the passing game more times than not. Johnny does have great vision and can make good cuts as a runner and in open space can create havoc. Could he convert to a slot wr?? He has to get his head screwed on straight before he can even live a normal life. I think when it is all said and done his up bringing and life in general has been messed up a very long time. My guess is his brain has been scrambled since a very young age. More will come out later about Johnny and there will be a ton of head scratching as to how he got so far being as messed up as he is. I really hope he turns his life around, but I think the odds are stacked against him.

• Like 1

Sounds like it comes down to whether they think he'll get hit by some punishment by the league.  If he does they can recoup some bonus money from him if he's on the roster, but not if he's been released already.

51 minutes ago, JHuber77 said:

Shut your dirty mouth.  Denver is the worst place he could go considering weed is legal to buy here.

No indication as far as I know that he likes weed.  Coke, booze, and sluts with daddy issues are his drugs of choice.*

*Actually fairly solid choices there in my book.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

No indication as far as I know that he likes weed.  Coke, booze, and sluts with daddy issues are his drugs of choice.*

*Actually fairly solid choices there in my book.

There was just a video out of him smoking weed last weekend or the one before. This guy likes it all.

• Faust changed the title to Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'