Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'

Those teams have young established QB's. Romo is broken, LA is pounding the CASE KEENUM drum, and Denver has Sanchez on top of the depth chart.  If if if he gets another shot, he's going to go somewhere he's got a shot to play in the first 2 seasons.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RIP

His argument is pretty ridiculous, but there's really no reason to bring up Ferguson or the I can't breathe protests in response. Pretty poor taste here guys.

8 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

Those teams have young established QB's. Romo is broken, LA is pounding the CASE KEENUM drum, and Denver has Sanchez on top of the depth chart.  If if if he gets another shot, he's going to go somewhere he's got a shot to play in the first 2 seasons.

Gonna go with: Has to be :sarcasm: but you did it in almost too low key of a manner.  If I didn't know that you were a solid poster who gives a lot of thought to his opinions, if far too critical/glass-is-half-empty with Reggie McKenzie and the Raiders, I would have just thought you were being stupid.  Nice work (sincerely).

Not sure what you're getting at.  No sarcasm at all. He's not linked to the two "low-key" teams you mentioned because they would have zero reason to look at a train wreck like Manziel.  Internet hacks trying to drum up clicks can at least look themselves in the mirror writing that teams desperate at QB "would consider" or "are a fit for" Manziel.

And I'm not glass-half-empty at all, I'm just a realist, but that's for another thread ;)

Chaka that was weird.

I don't think Hank was suggesting that the Raiders would be interested in Johnny. They are doing fine with Carr. I think that is what Hank was saying is that Johnny wants to go to a team where he can actually get a shot to compete for a starting gig. The Rams are moving to LA and they need a QB. So that could make sense. 

I am guessing perhaps you are a few rounds ahead. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

Not sure what you're getting at.  No sarcasm at all. He's not linked to the two "low-key" teams you mentioned because they would have zero reason to look at a train wreck like Manziel.  Internet hacks trying to drum up clicks can at least look themselves in the mirror writing that teams desperate at QB "would consider" or "are a fit for" Manziel.

And I'm not glass-half-empty at all, I'm just a realist, but that's for another thread ;)

Wait, you truly think the Rams and Broncos have "young established QBs"?  And you think Manziel wouldn't have a shot to start in either city?  No, I don't buy that.  I was sincere when I said I think you are too solid of a poster for that.  Tell me you're kidding.

1 hour ago, Biabreakable said:

Chaka that was weird.

I don't think Hank was suggesting that the Raiders would be interested in Johnny. They are doing fine with Carr. I think that is what Hank was saying is that Johnny wants to go to a team where he can actually get a shot to compete for a starting gig. The Rams are moving to LA and they need a QB. So that could make sense. 

I am guessing perhaps you are a few rounds ahead. Cheers.

The Raider comment only has to do with the fact that ol' Hank is a little doom'n'gloomy in the Raiders thread (completely glass-is-half-empty at best).  Didn't mean for anyone to think I was suggesting he thought Manziel>Carr on any level.  He's too good for that.

And I'm not damning with faint praise Hank.  Truly I'm not.  I disagree with you a whole lot but I do frequently respect your viewpoint.  Not always but frequently.

Edited by Chaka
1 hour ago, Chaka said:

Wait, you truly think the Rams and Broncos have "young established QBs"?  And you think Manziel wouldn't have a shot to start in either city?  No, I don't buy that.  I was sincere when I said I think you are too solid of a poster for that.  Tell me you're kidding.

SaintsInDome2006:
He's never linked to the Jags or the falcs or some other relatively low profile team,

Hankmoody:
Those teams have young established QB's.

SaintsInDome2006:
no it has to be the Cowboys, or L.A., or the Broncos.

Hankmoody:
Romo is broken, LA is pounding the CASE KEENUM drum, and Denver has Sanchez on top of the depth chart.

1 hour ago, Chaka said:

And I'm not damning with faint praise Hank.  Truly I'm not.  I disagree with you a whole lot but I do frequently respect your viewpoint.  Not always but frequently.

It's all good, we're just discussing football here.   People are getting all hook-line-and-sinker in the Raiders thread, I'm just slowing the roll a little bit with some realism.

Edited by Hankmoody
48 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I have never known a straight male to consume as much champagne as Johnny Manziel apparently consumes.  He is constantly being photographed holding a bottle.

Isn't champagne a popular drink in the hip hop community? That's the impression I get from an extremely peripheral view I have of it.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Isn't champagne a popular drink in the hip hop community? That's the impression I get from an extremely peripheral view I have of it.

I believe so.  I also believe that community to have more or less the same propensities as displayed at English all boys prep schools and by the Greek navy.

41 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

This. It's all about the persona Johnny Eight Ball is trying to project. He's all about the party and the Bacardi. Cash money, yo.

20 hours ago, pantherclub said:

Johnny just moved to the top of my dead pool.  Just jumped over Artie Lange, Charlie Sheen and Shai Lebouf.

Dude needs help like yesterday

There no way to help this idiot. Best to just stand back and enjoy the train wrecks. Drew thought he could make a buck off this turdlet. He was wrong.

From Roto:

The New York Post reports free agent Johnny Manziel recently threw a party that caused $32,000 worth of damage at his rented Los Angeles area home.

Manziel apparently rented the house for only two days for the express purpose of partying. The renter is alleging the house was "strewn with booze and drugs" in addition to the damage. Manziel is hurtling toward rock bottom at alarming speed.

Whew.  For a second there, I thought this guy had a problem.  In the seventies (40 years ago), Joe Walsh did $28,500 worth of damage in a single night...in one room!  This kid is a LOONG way from being on the slippery slope.
3 hours ago, Shutout said:

From Roto:

The New York Post reports free agent Johnny Manziel recently threw a party that caused $32,000 worth of damage at his rented Los Angeles area home.

Manziel apparently rented the house for only two days for the express purpose of partying. The renter is alleging the house was "strewn with booze and drugs" in addition to the damage. Manziel is hurtling toward rock bottom at alarming speed.

Whew.  For a second there, I thought this guy had a problem.  In the seventies (40 years ago), Joe Walsh did $28,500 worth of damage in a single night...in one room!  This kid is a LOONG way from being on the slippery slope.

oodwin tells Page Six he returned to the house to find it trashed and Manziel crashed on the sofa at 2 p.m. He said, “They were supposed to check out at noon. Manziel was passed out ... There was cocaine all over the kitchen table, and mushrooms were still out on the table in front of him. There was booze everywhere ... broken glasses over the floor and a Champagne glass in a tree.” He added, “If they don't respond to our demand for compensation, we will sue.” Manziel, his lawyers, and [agent] DrewRosenhaus didn't get back to us.

13 minutes ago, Kiddnets said:

"Nothing worse in the world than wasted talent......"

On the bright side, he wasn't really all that talented.

It's not very difficult to throw alley-oops to Mike Evans in college with an O-line that gives you 30 minutes to run around. 

• Like 2

might be related to the fact that anyone who doubted his talent and/or commitment were routinely blasted and called "haters."

i hope he gets his life together, but   people expressing that sentiment on a message board is pretty meaningless.  

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

might be related to the fact that anyone who doubted his talent and/or commitment were routinely blasted and called "haters."

i hope he gets his life together, but   people expressing that sentiment on a message board is pretty meaningless.  

I'll give you that, even though the majority of people in this thread were against him from day one.  You guys were absolutely right, the ship has sailed in terms of him being a topic of football discussion, at least for the foreseeable future..  But it is absolutely sad and pathetic that this here thread has been the most active thread on this board for months now, and all it is is a bunch of middle aged men circle jerking over every piece of gossip/TMZ report like feckless teenage "mean" girls. 

Why not move this thread to FFA? 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Csonka4life said:

The latest word word is coke is the mix. No wonder everybody that has inside information are saying his addiction has crossed over to life and death.

Latest?  Someone snapped a pic of him in a club bathroom with a rolled up hundy like a year ago

• Like 1
  • Faust changed the title to Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'