Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'

Maybe you can find another excuse for why he won't fall into the same dungeon that they have.

You can have a conversation without being a ###head. I just checked the rules and regs. It's completely allowed.

I'm not being a ###head. I'm simply stating facts. You claimed Johnny didn't have legal problems like Gordon and Blackmon, when he in fact has the same exact amount of legal issues as they did coming into the NFL. Stop making up excuses for the kid. There's a very real chance he washes out because he can't handle the pressure of the NFL like Blackmon and others.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RIP

His argument is pretty ridiculous, but there's really no reason to bring up Ferguson or the I can't breathe protests in response. Pretty poor taste here guys.

What's the big difference between Johnny, and those two boneheads? He doesn't have legal issues. Goodell can't suspend anyone for alcohol abuse.

No one is getting suspended, tested, put into a program for drinking. Once they drive drunk, and people start harrumphing and clucking their tongues disapprovingly, the league MAY get involved.

NFL players are young, with a lot of cash. A LOT of them are getting hammered regularly, the rest of them just don't have camera phones pointed at them all the time, like JF does.

AFAIK, a DUI automatically puts a player into Stage 1 of the substance abuse program.

Rotoworld:

College teammate Mike Evans believes Johnny Manziel will stop partying when the Browns begin training camp.

Manziel's offseason endeavors have becoming something of a circus act, covered closely by TMZ among other media outlets every weekend. It would be a concern if Manziel kept it up into camp and the season. "In training camp, I don't think he'll go out at all," said Evans. "He'll be committed and devoted and fighting for a starting job." Jake Matthews echoed Evans' comments about Manziel.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Jun 25 - 6:49 PM

Edited by Faust

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on SportsCenter Friday that the Browns have approached Johnny Manziel about "toning it down," with regard to his actions on social media.

Owner Jimmy Haslam was "bothered" by Manziel's recent posting of a "Money Phone" (stack of bills held to the ear) on Instagram. The Browns seem more concerned with Manziel's social media behavior than his well-publicized weekend partying. Approached by the Cleveland Plain Dealer Friday morning, Manziel told the paper "I don't think I'm doing anything wrong," and "I'm not going to change for anybody." Earlier this month, Ben Tate described media coverage of Manziel as "annoying," hinting it may be a distraction in the locker room. ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi stated Friday that he's never seen Manziel-like behavior from a Browns player. Grossi has been covering the Browns for 30 years.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on SportsCenter Friday that the Browns have approached Johnny Manziel about "toning it down," with regard to his actions on social media.

Owner Jimmy Haslam was "bothered" by Manziel's recent posting of a "Money Phone" (stack of bills held to the ear) on Instagram. The Browns seem more concerned with Manziel's social media behavior than his well-publicized weekend partying. Approached by the Cleveland Plain Dealer Friday morning, Manziel told the paper "I don't think I'm doing anything wrong," and "I'm not going to change for anybody." Earlier this month, Ben Tate described media coverage of Manziel as "annoying," hinting it may be a distraction in the locker room. ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi stated Friday that he's never seen Manziel-like behavior from a Browns player. Grossi has been covering the Browns for 30 years.

Let the ClownShow begin.

The Browns are going to seriously regret picking this kid and all that comes with it.

Then again, they are the Browns for a reason.

Couch over McNabb and Culpepper

Spergon Wynn over Brady

Weeden over Wilson and Foles

...and now Manziel over Bridgewater.

How much are Browns fans expected to take?

The Browns are going to seriously regret picking this kid and all that comes with it.

Spergon Wynn over Brady

the more i think about it, this pick only makes sense if it came down from Haslam to sell tickets.

just does not fit in with the rest of their draft.

Spergon Wynn over Brady

20/20 hindsight is wonderful, isn't it?

Couch was easy defensible. He was a better pro prospect coming out of college than the other two.

No team in the NFL saw Brady as starting quality, much less a HoF QB.

Weeden over Wilson was a bit of a head scratcher but CLE was looking for an immediate starter and Wilson was seen as a project by every team in the NFL as was Foles.

Manziel has yet to play out, but it doesn't look right now like the NFL is his top priority - but way too early to pass judgment IMO. He could eventually grow up and be the best QB in this class. Personally I don't think so, but you have to let it shake out. His skill set sure fits what they are building there.

Spergon Wynn over Brady

slightly off topic but I think Carr is going to be a real nice surprise at qb

The Browns could have picked another top tier prospect instead of Johnny and could have had Carr in the second. I think Carr has a far longer and better career then manziel

Spergon Wynn over Brady

Couch was easy defensible. He was a better pro prospect coming out of college than the other two.

Weeden over Wilson was a bit of a head scratcher but CLE was looking for an immediate starter and Wilson was seen as a project by every team in the NFL as was Foles.

Manziel has yet to play out, but it doesn't look right now like the NFL is his top priority - but way too early to pass judgment IMO. He could eventually grow up and be the best QB in this class. Personally I don't think so, but you have to let it shake out. His skill set sure fits what they are building there.

Maybe I am misremembering it but I thought there was a ton of scrunity about Couch due to his weird throwing motion. A shot put style IIRC. I thought the Browns got blasted for taking him that high. I could totally be wrong though.

Spergon Wynn over Brady

Maybe I am misremembering it but I thought there was a ton of scrunity about Couch due to his weird throwing motion. A shot put style IIRC. I thought the Browns got blasted for taking him that high. I could totally be wrong though.

There were some questions about his mechanics, but he was seen as a classic pocket passer with all the right attributes - tall, pocket awareness, could make every throw, stood in under a collapsing pocket and climbed the pocket, leadership. The mechanical part was seen as correctable.

Manziel's act isn't different from this time last year. And neither is the over reaction to what he does in his free time. How quickly was all of this forgotten once the games started?

Manziel's act isn't different from this time last year. And neither is the over reaction to what he does in his free time. How quickly was all of this forgotten once the games started?

A lot more margin for error in college, especially in that offense. If he wants to make an impact in the bigs, odds are he's going to have to put forth significantly more dedication and show he's a leader off the field as well as on. Right now he's a kid with too much money and concerned about the high life. Every good or better QB at the pro level sinks themselves into the job. That he's already pissing off his teammates before he's even thrown a pass in the NFL is not a good thing.

If you cannot see the difference then you might need to excuse yourself from this thread.

I'd pay to be a fly on the wall to see a confrontation between Manziel and Joe Thomas. Now that would be an interesting conversation.

not that it means much, but i saw Thomas at an event recently. he was with Hoyer.

Manziel never even had a play book in college. Apples and oranges my friend.

Spergon Wynn over Brady

The current Front Office made none of those other decisions. Nor was Haslam the owner.

Spergon Wynn over Brady

The current Front Office made none of those other decisions. Nor was Haslam the owner.

The Browns biggest mistake since 1999 was firing Heckert. And that was on Haslam's watch. He was a high quality GM and they may not luck into another one of those for 50 years.

Farmer is an idiot for passing on Khalil Mack to draft a cornerback. Mack is a stud pass rusher and everyone is raving about the kid in Raiders camp as being better than advertised. Farmer will never live that down. And screw the Browns for putting this monster in the AFC West to terrorize Rivers. <_<

Farmer is an idiot for passing on Khalil Mack to draft a cornerback. Mack is a stud pass rusher and everyone is raving about the kid in Raiders camp as being better than advertised. Farmer will never live that down. And screw the Browns for putting this monster in the AFC West to terrorize Rivers. <_<

So you think the Browns should have taken Mack over Gilbert and a 1st? Umm.... ok.

Mack is a great prospect but the Browns made out like raiders in the night.

Edited by jurb26

Keep biting on the sports media click whores fellas. Dead period with nothing to talk about. How do we get clicks? Bash Johnny! Rinse and repeat next year with whatever name is hot then.

So you think the Browns should have taken Mack over Gilbert and a 1st? Umm.... ok.

Outside of a franchise QB, pass rush is the second most important part of a team, and Mack is probably gonna be a perennial pro bowler and multiple all-pro. You just do not pass on guys like Mack. They don't come around that often. Its on the level of the Jets passing on Warren Sapp, you know where the entire room is screaming "WE WANT SAPP" and the Jets take someone else. It will haunt the Browns for a decade.

Keep biting on the sports media click whores fellas. Dead period with nothing to talk about. How do we get clicks? Bash Johnny! Rinse and repeat next year with whatever name is hot then.

Lol, sports media? You mmean his teammates and coaches saying he's not focusing and partying to much? Name another player who has those issues right now.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose

I think you are thinking of Kerry Collins and the imfamous 'hitch' in his throwing motion.

Couch was one of the first spread QBs to get taken high in the draft.

Hal Mummies (sp?) system.

Came out later that Couch never had a college playbook.

But Couch had zero chance on that squad that the NFL made sure was doomed to fail because the other owners were jealous of the quick success of of both Jacksonville and Carolina so they royally screwed Cleveland.

The other owners forced the Browns to drop a ridiculously high portion of their cap on an expansion draft that they forwarned the rest of the owners to stash or lock-up their best FAs two years in advance so Cleveland had steaming coiled piles that they had to draft and pay high salaries. They then took away the extra 1st round pick that they gave to JAX and CAR. They also didn't allow an owner to be announced until the end of the 1998 NFL season was in the books so the expansion club was not able to land a front office or coaching staff till the rest of the league cherry-picked the best available choices.

So Couch had one of the worst O-Lines and receiver corps and running back corps to go with one of the worst defenses in league history. Add a poor coaching staff, a horrible front office, and an owner who was soon to die leaving things up to his inept son to really drive the club into the graveyard. Oh and that is before you punch in that he never had a playbook in college and was coming out of the spread.

Sorry but had some well preserved left-over anger stored up that needed venting.

It was Kerry Collins and his infamous 'hitch' who I believe you were refering. :cool:

A lot more margin for error in college, especially in that offense. If he wants to make an impact in the bigs, odds are he's going to have to put forth significantly more dedication and show he's a leader off the field as well as on. Right now he's a kid with too much money and concerned about the high life. Every good or better QB at the pro level sinks themselves into the job. That he's already pissing off his teammates before he's even thrown a pass in the NFL is not a good thing.

I'm pretty disappointed by his behavior since being drafted. Not shocked mind you, just disappointed that he doesn't seem to be taking the job of NFL QB seriously. IMO he's acting like a guy who is set for life and really doesn't care if he succeeds in the NFL.

I have the Raiders going 9-7 this year off the Mack pick.

It's a much improved team IMO but that's a stretch given their schedule.

Outside of a franchise QB, pass rush is the second most important part of a team, and Mack is probably gonna be a perennial pro bowler and multiple all-pro. You just do not pass on guys like Mack. They don't come around that often. Its on the level of the Jets passing on Warren Sapp, you know where the entire room is screaming "WE WANT SAPP" and the Jets take someone else. It will haunt the Browns for a decade.

I agree about Mack but potential shutdown corners don't come around often either and the 1st could be high next year.

Edited by cstu

I don't care about their schedule. Their pass rush is going to be absolutely terrifying. If you can disrupt the QB, you can beat anyone. If you put a Cam Newton under center for the Raiders they'd probably win 12-13. As it is they will probably show flashes and shock a team or two.

I don't care about their schedule. Their pass rush is going to be absolutely terrifying. If you can disrupt the QB, you can beat anyone. If you put a Cam Newton under center for the Raiders they'd probably win 12-13. As it is they will probably show flashes and shock a team or two.

I think you're drastically overestimating that team. There's still some holes and depth issues. I believe they're headed in the right direction, but the turnaround hasn't been that over-the-top dramatic.

Lol, sports media? You mmean his teammates and coaches saying he's not focusing and partying to much? Name another player who has those issues right now.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose

youve been hooked by the espn narrative spin machine, build em up and tear em down.

OH!YgOD he is drinking he doesn't care!1!1!11!!!

Yes because the nfl if full of saints.

If you don't like him now it's because you didn't like him months ago and are looking for reasons to fuel your argument. Same as those who knocked him down last year. It's just a continuation of the silly season. Further we get away from football the dumber the analysis gets.

Lol its his teammates and the owner

direct quotes please

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000362142/article/terrance-west-johnny-manziel-questions-distracting

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-browns-owner-concerned-manziels-163812405--nfl.html

That's about 10 seconds worth of searching. Not saying I agree or disagree. But it isn't like it isn't being said in public.

If you don't like him now it's because you didn't like him months ago and are looking for reasons to fuel your argument. Same as those who knocked him down last year. It's just a continuation of the silly season. Further we get away from football the dumber the analysis gets.

If Manziel was on any other team you'd be as concerned about his pattern of behavior as the rest of us. The partying hasn't affected his play yet but when his own father is worried about his anger issues and drinking it's not the media driving the story.

If Manziel was on any other team you'd be as concerned about his pattern of behavior as the rest of us. The partying hasn't affected his play yet but when his own father is worried about his anger issues and drinking it's not the media driving the story.

not really, this is exactly what I expected to happen and exactly how I expected to others to over react.

Lol its his teammates and the owner

direct quotes please

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000362142/article/terrance-west-johnny-manziel-questions-distracting

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-browns-owner-concerned-manziels-163812405--nfl.html

That's about 10 seconds worth of searching. Not saying I agree or disagree. But it isn't like it isn't being said in public.

terrance is tired of the media.

No direct quotes in the other.

Click whoring. And it's working.

Just like last year.

• Faust changed the title to Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'