What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (5 Viewers)

It's Cleveland. Until he bombs in a second location not named Jacksonville or Washington I'll wait and see what Johhny 8Ball has on the pro game.

Connor Shaw is a better version of Maziel IMO. Probably won't even get drafted.
How does a facsimile ever outshine the original? Just looking for a reference point, but in your case, the reference point keeps moving.
Well JF is supposed to be Russel Wilson like.. They have a lot in common. Shaw is a better passer. No one cares because TMZ wasn't at his last party with cameras.Common opponents in 2013 (Missouri, Miss State, Arkansas, Vandy) comparison:

73.3% Comp. Pct., 12 TD/4 INT, 11.8 yards per completion, 34.5 ry/pg, 0TD = Manziel

66.0% Comp. Pct., 13 TD/0 INT, 12.2 yards per completion, 24.8 ry/pg, 1 TD = Shaw

And he is taller, bigger with no character flaws. Some things about the NFL I will never understand.
Yes, TMZ is the determining factor between a possible #1 overall, and a guy fighting to hear his name called at all. :yes:
Ever here of a joke?
You are referring to the bolded I assume?
One guy embarrassed himself and the franchise, the other almost won the game with two late scoring drives. Take a guess who did what

Connor Shaw is a better version of Maziel IMO. Probably won't even get drafted.
How does a facsimile ever outshine the original? Just looking for a reference point, but in your case, the reference point keeps moving.
Well JF is supposed to be Russel Wilson like.. They have a lot in common. Shaw is a better passer. No one cares because TMZ wasn't at his last party with cameras.Common opponents in 2013 (Missouri, Miss State, Arkansas, Vandy) comparison:

73.3% Comp. Pct., 12 TD/4 INT, 11.8 yards per completion, 34.5 ry/pg, 0TD = Manziel

66.0% Comp. Pct., 13 TD/0 INT, 12.2 yards per completion, 24.8 ry/pg, 1 TD = Shaw

And he is taller, bigger with no character flaws. Some things about the NFL I will never understand.
Yes, TMZ is the determining factor between a possible #1 overall, and a guy fighting to hear his name called at all. :yes:
Ever here of a joke?
You are referring to the bolded I assume?
One guy embarrassed himself and the franchise, the other almost won the game with two late scoring drives. Take a guess who did what
Can i guess the same person for both?

This kid is so polished at the podium. It's really impressive. He's composed, polite, and gives thoughtful answers. He sounds like a 15-year vet. And then he goes out and acts like a jackass.

This kid is so polished at the podium. It's really impressive. He's composed, polite, and gives thoughtful answers. He sounds like a 15-year vet. And then he goes out and acts like a jackass.
whatever happens it is going to be entertaining.He isn't starting the first three games though.

Was he flipping off the ref?
Skins bench looked like.
Something tells me I should trust a poster with this moniker.Manziel looked pretty bad, but gets credit for a TD. That won't hurt his case to start. But man, the game looks way too fast for him right now.
I don't think that little shovel to Lewis did much for JM's status. It helped Lewis though.
No doubt, but the announcers were quick to give him credit.

It doesn't speak well for Johnny that he is letting people inside his head in preseason. I doubt he has the emotional intelligence to succeed to be honest. He's going to get picked on so much more than Michael Sam.

I'm not seeing the big deal. He didn't flip the bird to the crowd.

Guys talk smack and say the most horrific things to each other during the game. This was just a non verbal F U right back to the bench who obviously had some things to say.

Nothing.

It doesn't speak well for Johnny that he is letting people inside his head in preseason. I doubt he has the emotional intelligence to succeed to be honest. He's going to get picked on so much more than Michael Sam.
Was he inside Orakpo's head? Was he inside the entire Redskin bench's head? Odd perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
The team (offense) looked awful, Johnny looked rushed. Put Hoyer in for a few games.

Was he inside Orakpo's head? Was he inside the entire Redskin bench's head? Odd perspective.
yeah he had the Skins right where he wanted them
If you are basing it on gestures and gamesmanship.. apparently so.

good God

I'm not seeing the big deal. He didn't flip the bird to the crowd.

Guys talk smack and say the most horrific things to each other during the game. This was just a non verbal F U right back to the bench who obviously had some things to say.

Nothing.
It has nothing to do with the actual act of giving the other team the finger. Its about what the act represents.

Manziel has put himself under the spotlight through his own previous negative actions. Right or wrong, he has a bad rep right now and everyone is just dying for him to make a mistake. People think he's selfish, brash and a distraction. All he had to do last night was get through the game without incident. Yeah, it would be nice if he played well, but that's not super important yet. He just had to make it through one meaningless Monday night pre-season game without drawing attention to himself in a negative way. He proved to be too immature to do that. That's the problem.

good God
There was nothing to indicate anyone was inside anyone's head that I saw.. the usual jawing that goes on with football, and especially Johnny. He certainly had a bad night but if you think any talking or gamesmanship had anything to do with it....Welcome to every game he has ever played.

But we know where you are coming from.

Once he gets out there, I could see it becoming a nice little tradition for defenders to do the money sign when they take him down.

I am more concerned with the fact that he's going to get killed than him flipping the bird. He takes off at the first sign of pressure, is completely reckless when he runs, and doesn't slide. And this isn't college where he was fast enough to get away from defenders. Linebackers and DEs can, and are, catching him and pulverizing him into the ground.

Once he gets out there, I could see it becoming a nice little tradition for defenders to do the money sign when they take him down.
Did you guys really not watch him in college? At all? This has been the case..

The kid has done all that he can to get attention from everyone for years. He has no one to blame but himself for opposing players constantly trash talking him. He is immature. He is going to struggle on the field until he grows up.

Not really, no.

Saw him plenty. That was college.

It would be refreshing if the kool aid drinkers on this thread would simply post

"I was wrong"

It will never happen but we be cool if so
WOW.. Didn't realize Johnny Football was the first NFL player EVER to give the finger to an opposing team and/or crowd.. at least that is how it seems based on all the news reports today..... Cleveland should suspend him for the season :thumbup:

I am more concerned with the fact that he's going to get killed than him flipping the bird. He takes off at the first sign of pressure, is completely reckless when he runs, and doesn't slide. And this isn't college where he was fast enough to get away from defenders. Linebackers and DEs can, and are, catching him and pulverizing him into the ground.
THIS /end thread. :)

well, that and throwing behind his receivers. he's going to get his guys killed the first time someone runs a zone against him.

well, that and throwing behind his receivers.he's going to get his guys killed the first time someone runs a zone against him.
He and Hoyer were doing that all night..

Although I get tired of Jaws, he was right that having them split 1st team reps during practice is causing issues for both QB's.. Timing is a HUGE part of it and when you are only working together 50% of the time the timing is going to be off..

There were many times last night where you could see that Manziel and Hoyer were expecting a Receiver to "sit down" on the route and yet the receivers countinued moving causing the ball to be behind them..

Until the Coaching staff pulls their collective heads out and choose one QB, the Browns Offense will be a :tfp:

Users who are viewing this thread