What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (4 Viewers)

Sorry... He looked good running the ball... When he threw he looked rushed and like he was trying to throw too hard. Had a nice 21 yard run and a nice 9 yard run... Also had a great one where he extended the play and completed a nice pass. Had a TD pass as well

Holy hell he simply cannot throw. This is hard to watch.
He's not that bad dude
6 for 17.Against 3rd string. Some incredibly wicked bad throws mixed in there.
Saw this tweet earlier tonight from Bears beat writer

Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell 41m

Manziel is 4-of-11 passing. WOOF. He has played to his scouting report: Erratic from pocket, worth the price of admission when he escapes it

He's not that bad dude
Saw this tweet earlier tonight from Bears beat writer

Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell 41m

Manziel is 4-of-11 passing. WOOF. He has played to his scouting report: Erratic from pocket, worth the price of admission when he escapes it
So basically nothing different from college. That's not a good thing IMO.

He's not that bad dude
Qualitatively it was a mixed bag
6-17Mixed bag. Oh yeah.
You don't know what qualitatively means huh
no. But I am good at math.

So in light of Sumlin's success with Case Keenum at U of H, and Kenny Hill last night, could we make a case that Johnny's success in college may have had to do more with his coach than all his great ability? And that Johnny might

have been even better at A&M if he played within the offensive framework the way Hill did last night?

Yes, I am bashing on Johnny because it is fun, but the success of Johnny's College Coach without Johnny does make you question how much Johnny's talent had to do with his success.

I'm rooting for Manziel.

But Hoyer should be starting. Manziel had a sexy scramble, but we haven't seen any of the 3 step drop, let the ball out lasers that are bread and butter. And when his passes are off, they are way off. Like, Pick-6 off.

The bad part is he's playing vs 2nd-3rd string players in vanilla defense
Are the 1st and 2nd string offensive players playing alongside Johhny?
lol
I'm being serious. If you put all the scrubs out there, Manning wouldn't exactly drive right down the field.

Look , I have no stake in this game. I'm not a Browns or even a TA&M fan. I didn't watch every game. I just enjoy his moxie. All the stuff that everybody else is getting on him for is why I like him.

All rookies struggle. I don't think he's the next Joe Montana, i think he's more Doug Flutie then anybody the other guys mentioned.

:shrug: it's Cleveland,

At this point I think it's obvious Manziel either took a leak in Pantherclub's cheerios, or slept with his Significant other.. :mellow:

lol
I'm being serious. If you put all the scrubs out there, Manning wouldn't exactly drive right down the field.

Look , I have no stake in this game. I'm not a Browns or even a TA&M fan. I didn't watch every game. I just enjoy his moxie. All the stuff that everybody else is getting on him for is why I like him.

All rookies struggle. I don't think he's the next Joe Montana, i think he's more Doug Flutie then anybody the other guys mentioned.

Doug Flutie wasn't good :shrug:

lol
I'm being serious. If you put all the scrubs out there, Manning wouldn't exactly drive right down the field.Look , I have no stake in this game. I'm not a Browns or even a TA&M fan. I didn't watch every game. I just enjoy his moxie. All the stuff that everybody else is getting on him for is why I like him.

Doug Flutie wasn't good :shrug:
How do we know that?

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
pantherclub said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
ShaHBucks said:
lol

Doug went to the CFL for some serious seasoning and proving before he got back to the NFL.

His moxie? Really? One man's moxie is another man's douchey. I like how self-serving antics and arrogance have now become moxie.
What are these self serving antics? What exactly has he done wrong?
If you can't see what he does that can/is/should be considered self serving, I don't know what to tell you. And wrong? Who said anything about wrong? It's not about right and wrong; it's about ##### vs moxie.

Users who are viewing this thread