What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (6 Viewers)

So why go home at all? Why sleep? Why not just devote 24 hours a day to getting better?

These guys already put in an insane amount of time. There's this concept known as diminishing returns. It applies here, especially when he was serving as the backup. Some of you should familiarize yourselves with it.
The best players at the QB position don't subscribe to your newsletter, apparently. Because they, for the most part, are the ones showing up 6-7 hours before game time every week and putting in work.

A rookie who should be trying to prove himself and earn the starting job should be emulating these guys, and that's the point.
Players prove themselves on the field during games, not 7 hours before in the locker room.
I have a feeling Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning would all tell you that the tape they study and the work they put in before the game starts is more important to their success than their natural abilities on the field, because it is what enables them to perform the way they do.
I don't see how can you infer that Johnny doesn't put in the time based on this little incident.

Worry more about his lack of size, speed, or arm than what he did until 11:00am last Sunday morning.
You're right, but if this is a consistent thing with him, I would take it as a red flag.
This confuses me.. all comments regarding his work ethic from the coaching staff have been positive.

What exactly is a red flag?
If he shows up at the stadium 5 minutes till 11 consistently, every week! I'd consider that a red flag. Especially if he keeps the starting job. It's just a certain mentality, and if he doesn't have it, then that's a red flag for me. Doesn't mean he can't succeed, it's just a warning sign.

Marvin Lewis called Browns QB Johnny Manziel a 'midget' two days ago and then back-tracked and has profusely apologized for his comments. That didn't stop a local Cleveland TV station from poking some fun at Lewis.

Today Cleveland News Fox 8 sent well known local celebrity and 'little person' Lil-John Rinaldi down to Cincinnati to pose some questions to Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis.

Go to the link to see the video. :cool:

http://fox8.com/2014/12/10/fox-8s-lil-john-challenges-bengals-coach-marvin-lewis-over-manziel-midget-comment/

CINCINNATI-It is not the weekly news conference he thought it would be. Two days after making a controversial remark about Cleveland Browns Johnny Manziel being a midget during a radio interview, Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis was questioned about his remarks by FOX 8’s own ‘Lil’ John Rinaldi.

Lewis called Manziel, who is listed on the Browns’ roster as 6′, “a midget” during a radio show on Monday.

Lewis has apologized several times and said the remark “was offensive to people of short stature and to their families and friends. It was thoughtless on my part to use the word I did, and not excusable, and I greatly regret it.”

During Wednesday’s news conference, Rinaldi asked coach Lewis, “Based on the height difference on a player like Manziel how has your defensive approach changed for Sunday’s game?” The coach said we looked back at his play in the Buffalo Bills game preseason and in college and we adjust the plan accordingly to his play making abilities.

Rinaldi asked coach Lewis, “Hoyer likes to stand tall in the pocket and Manziel likes to move around. What challenges does that present to your defense?”

The coach answered, I think it will adjust a little bit, but not much.

Earlier this week, Lewis said he read about the remarks being insensitive on the Little People of America website.

The Browns and Bengals kick off at 1p.m. this Sunday at FirstEnergy Stadium. Watch the game on Fox 8.

Social media reacted strongly to Lil John being at Wednesday’s news conference.
David Koscho @DCBuckeye Follow

Props to @fox8news for trolling Marvin Lewis and the @bengals by sending Lil' John Rinaldi to his presser....

10:50 AM - 10 Dec 2014

Joe Danneman @FOX19Joe Follow

Lil' John asked Marvin how height difference between Hoyer and Manziel makes difference in game plan. Marv didn't take the bait. @FOX19

10:08 AM - 10 Dec 2014
Joe Danneman @FOX19Joe Follow

Marvin Lewis: The remark I made was dumb and caused a lot of uproar. I apologize. We have all moved on to football. @FOX19

10:04 AM - 10 Dec 2014
Spencer Lanning @LanningSpencer Follow

@fox8news of Cleveland gets my vote for troll of the year award... #Kudos

10:27 AM - 10 Dec 2014

a smart team would cut its losses and let Manziel go after this season. but a smart team would not have taken him in the 1st either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even pay the haters no mind to be honest.

Just for this week though, and I hope Moobin will agree with me here, I'm gonna open up the club for amnesiac (and only amnesiac) to join. The invite is only open until 1PM Sunday. Once that game kicks off and Johnny starts owning fools, you can't get in. Ever. Again. So you better get in now bro. I'll be anxiously awaiting your response 'neezy.
i truly appreciate the gesture. i anticipate we will see some flashes from Manziel, but overall i am still not optimistic about his long term prospects.

again, as a Browns fan, i hope i am wrong and Manziel wins the Browns multiple Super Bowls, and i will gladly eat crow.

peace.
OUT
all in all this game was about what i expected for his first start. nowhere to go but up, i suppose.

Harbaugh and Kaepernick to Clevland for Manziel, picks and $. 49ers draft an NFL QB with the first Clevland pick and use Manziel exclusively as a scout team QB to play the Wilson role (with limited success).

Harbaugh and Kaepernick to Clevland for Manziel, picks and $. 49ers draft an NFL QB with the first Clevland pick and use Manziel exclusively as a scout team QB to play the Wilson role (with limited success).
Can't trade money in the NFL, otherwise, you know, spot on.

Can't trade money in the NFL, otherwise, you know, spot on.
Poor Johnny.ETA: though I was alluding to dead money, which I think is applicable here. Just wanted to avoid the term dead. Let there be hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread