What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (4 Viewers)

Manziel wasn't just "late"- he did not show and they had to go to his house to get him. But he is white so only a fine.
Right thats the reason
Yes, that's the reason. The two black guys were suspended but the white guy who threw the party and caused it all was not. Haslam is a right-wing Confederate and I don't find that a coincidence. I realize almost everyone will believe differently.
So you're position is they should remove him from IR just to suspend him? Because you do realize they can't suspend a player on IR.

Manziel wasn't just "late"- he did not show and they had to go to his house to get him. But he is white so only a fine.
Right thats the reason
Yes, that's the reason. The two black guys were suspended but the white guy who threw the party and caused it all was not. Haslam is a right-wing Confederate and I don't find that a coincidence. I realize almost everyone will believe differently.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Right thats the reason
:lol:

FER-GU-SON, FER-GU-SON, FER-GU-SON!!!!

Right thats the reason

cjv123 walking around his LR - iPad in don't shoot hands up pose - "I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe"

Mr. Retukes said:
I want to party with Johnny. I'm self-employed so I don't have to worry about getting fired the next day.
I think Manziel isn't far behind you here.

Seriously, can we just call this a career already? It's going to end no better than Couch, just some hotter tail hanging round until he's out.

Mr. Retukes said:
I want to party with Johnny. I'm self-employed so I don't have to worry about getting fired the next day.

Seriously, can we just call this a career already? It's going to end no better than Couch, just some hotter tail hanging round until he's out.
That's kind of an insult to Tim Couch. I don't forsee Johnny Football sticking around for 5+ seasons.

BobbyLayne said:
Dizzy said:
cjv123 said:
Right thats the reason

cjv123 walking around his LR - iPad in don't shoot hands up pose - "I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe"
His argument is pretty ridiculous, but there's really no reason to bring up Ferguson or the I can't breathe protests in response. Pretty poor taste here guys.

What a loser. I was so excited to see him play and hope he'd do well but this guy is an idiot.

One week away from your off season. Throw a party a week from now instead, peckerhead.

What a loser. I was so excited to see him play and hope he'd do well but this guy is an idiot.

One week away from your off season. Throw a party a week from now instead, peckerhead.
He doesn't care. He's Johnny Freaking Football and nobody tells him when he can and can't bro out.

He's been doing it his entire life with Grandpa's money. Now he's got his own. Did anyone really expect anything different.

Coach is making noise, Joe Thomas talking about "bad apples"...

can we give him a more suitable nickname: Johnny Rottenseed

Connor Shaw is a better version of Maziel IMO. Probably won't even get drafted.
How does a facsimile ever outshine the original? Just looking for a reference point, but in your case, the reference point keeps moving.
Well JF is supposed to be Russel Wilson like.. They have a lot in common. Shaw is a better passer. No one cares because TMZ wasn't at his last party with cameras.Common opponents in 2013 (Missouri, Miss State, Arkansas, Vandy) comparison:

73.3% Comp. Pct., 12 TD/4 INT, 11.8 yards per completion, 34.5 ry/pg, 0TD = Manziel

66.0% Comp. Pct., 13 TD/0 INT, 12.2 yards per completion, 24.8 ry/pg, 1 TD = Shaw

And he is taller, bigger with no character flaws. Some things about the NFL I will never understand.
Yes, TMZ is the determining factor between a possible #1 overall, and a guy fighting to hear his name called at all. :yes:
Ever here of a joke?
You are referring to the bolded I assume?
Yes. Shaw ran a faster 40 and is slightly bigger. He arguably had a better passing season in the same exact conference(look for yourself) and has 0 character concerns. His story doesn't move the needle so he isn't seriously evaluated/considered. If Manziel is considered a #1 pick, Shaw should be a 2nd-3rd pick.
Tim Tebow is going to have a better NFL career than Manziel.
Who has the longest career, Tebow, Manziel or Shaw?

Connor Shaw is a better version of Maziel IMO. Probably won't even get drafted.
How does a facsimile ever outshine the original? Just looking for a reference point, but in your case, the reference point keeps moving.
Well JF is supposed to be Russel Wilson like.. They have a lot in common. Shaw is a better passer. No one cares because TMZ wasn't at his last party with cameras.Common opponents in 2013 (Missouri, Miss State, Arkansas, Vandy) comparison:

73.3% Comp. Pct., 12 TD/4 INT, 11.8 yards per completion, 34.5 ry/pg, 0TD = Manziel

66.0% Comp. Pct., 13 TD/0 INT, 12.2 yards per completion, 24.8 ry/pg, 1 TD = Shaw

And he is taller, bigger with no character flaws. Some things about the NFL I will never understand.
Yes, TMZ is the determining factor between a possible #1 overall, and a guy fighting to hear his name called at all. :yes:
Ever here of a joke?
You are referring to the bolded I assume?
Yes. Shaw ran a faster 40 and is slightly bigger. He arguably had a better passing season in the same exact conference(look for yourself) and has 0 character concerns. His story doesn't move the needle so he isn't seriously evaluated/considered. If Manziel is considered a #1 pick, Shaw should be a 2nd-3rd pick.
Tim Tebow is going to have a better NFL career than Manziel.
Who has the longest career, Tebow, Manziel or Shaw?
Shaw. Cuz he'll keep his nose in the playbook and be a career backup.

-QG

BobbyLayne said:
Dizzy said:
cjv123 said:
Right thats the reason

His argument is pretty ridiculous, but there's really no reason to bring up Ferguson or the I can't breathe protests in response. Pretty poor taste here guys.
Too soon?

Sorry, the last thing that I want to do is bring shame to the Shark Pool.

It's been interesting to see the Internet taken over by right-wingers. They can attack ad hominem, at will, but if I reply I am banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been interesting to see the Internet taken over by right-wingers. They can attack ad hominem, at will, but if I reply I am banned.
Well, you were flat out wrong. A player on IR can't also be SUS. Instead of just shrugging it off and saying "my bad", you double down on the crazy.

Maybe a time out breather is what you need. Get some perspective and stop being so angry all the time.

Mr. Retukes said:

That's kind of an insult to Tim Couch. I don't forsee Johnny Football sticking around for 5+ seasons.
It's also an insult in that TC was no slouch in that other depatment, either. Pulling Heather Kozar back in the day was no joke.

Try the Free For All, this place is for football, not politics. TSP is a refuge thankfully from all that cr3p.

So weird that a small, rag-armed, egomaniac with contempt for his team mates and his craft should not be doing well. Who could have predicted that you have to work at your craft, know the offense, and be able to read defenses.

Now little Johnny says that he will work at his craft. Of course he promised the same on draft night when his stock was rightfully crashing. Who knows whether a person who will say anything really has taken a lesson to heart? It will be interesting to see what he is doing New Years Eve. Will he be big timing it at some Vegas party, or will he be in bed early after a good work out and a study session with his playbook?
Really? I can't stand Johnny but there is no reason to expect him to be in before midnight studying the playbook a couple days after season is over. Same with working out with torn hammy. Get real these guys have lives. Should he be more low key in his celebration? Yes but he can enjoy the holiday it's like as early in iffseason as you can get
He needs to put a stake through the whole Johnny Football, party-boy thing and show his franchise they can trust his work ethic. He is starting from the bottom of a massive credibility hole. Imagine you are Mack, or Thomas. You are veterans who have earned your respect. You have a limited window. You know your offense and your trade inside and out. You got a good workout and or rehab session in that day, just like everyday. You have a limited window and your window depends on Johnny Football, a small, weak-armed punk who has made it a point to show that he does not respect his craft or you. Your fate is linked, for now, with this punk. Now imagine you see pics and video New Years day of Johnny out partying in Vegas the night before right up to dawn.

I'm not saying the young man cannot have fun several chicks at a time. I'm saying keep it out of the news, get his rest, work hard, and publicly, to establish trust. He already senses he is on thin ice. He fooled the franchise once with his tweet during the draft promising to work with them. The onus is on the ######.
And Johnny Football can't even wait until the season is over. New Years was just too long to wait for his next mistake. And, as predicted, he is alienating Thomas and Mack, the least easily replaceable guys on the team.

I'm here to eat crow. I thought his talent would overcome his douchebaggery. I completely underestimated his douchebaggery.

He makes Jay Cutler seem like Jimmy Fallon.
I'm not going this far in kneejerk fashion... but what a ####### for throwing that party when he did.

I'm here to eat crow. I thought his talent would overcome his douchebaggery. I completely underestimated his douchebaggery.

I'm not going this far in kneejerk fashion... but what a ####### for throwing that party when he did.
Okay, okay. He makes Jay Cutler seem like Tom Hanks then. Pretty much a nice guy with a little DB thrown in now and then.

Better? ;)

Interesting Mike & Mike this morning. Golic made it sound as though (and Chris Carter agreed) this is common... last Friday night before final weekend for teams with nothing to play for, BUT did go on to say (basically) that the difference between men and boys is showing up for work on time the next day. And that would be true for all professions, anywhere. It's OK to play hard, as long as you work even harder.

This cuts to the maturation issues with a collection of highly-touted, young players.

In no way am I sticking up for Manziel, but he cannot be held responsible for those that attended his party and failed to take care of their own business on Saturday.

Interesting Mike & Mike this morning. Golic made it sound as though (and Chris Carter agreed) this is common... last Friday night before final weekend for teams with nothing to play for, BUT did go on to say (basically) that the difference between men and boys is showing up for work on time the next day. And that would be true for all professions, anywhere. It's OK to play hard, as long as you work even harder.

This cuts to the maturation issues with a collection of highly-touted, young players.

In no way am I sticking up for Manziel, but he cannot be held responsible for those that attended his party and failed to take care of their own business on Saturday.

This is good posting.

Also heavily alluded to in that discussion with Golic and CC were the issues of team culture, veteran leadership, and professional pride.

You can get away with having a Josh Gordon type or two if you've got strong lesdership and a culture that says first and foremost, we're going to do whatever it takes to win football games. Gordon's a ##### compared to Michael Irvin on party night.

But you can't get away with building a squad out of character issue guys if you have nobody the wayward kids respect enough to accept kicks in the ### from when they're needed, be it coach or vets or whoever.

I don't fault Manziel for being Manziel when NFL history is full of hard partying teammates who survived by working hard and playing hard.

I do absolutely fault the Browns for not foreseeing this with Manziel when apparently every other franchise did. Even the die hardest JFF fans had to recognize he had to overcome a pretty severe lack of prototype QB physical tools. And to do that, he was going to have to be league elite level at his willingness to outwork the competition. And on that front, there were more than enough red flags.

Charisma's a good tool for a QB to have, but it's way down the prioity list below physical skill and dedication.

Like one of my former bosses used to say.. "If you want to fly with the eagles, you have to peck #### with the chickens."

Manziel is responsible for

- throwing the party

- not showing up as required the next day

I don't think you're trying to excuse either of those.

Jimmy Haslam declared that some of the Cleveland Browns' young players need to "grow up," saying that players who are not dependable disrespect themselves, the team and the organization.

The Browns owner did not refer to Johnny Manziel, Justin Gilbert or Josh Gordon by name Sunday, but the implication was clear.

"I think a player who can't show up for meetings, can't make practice, can't make weight-lifting, disrespects himself," Haslam said. "But I think more importantly, and I think this is what these young guys miss, they disrespect the team, the coaches, the staff, the fans. There's a lot of people in our organization whose livelihood depends on how well we do. We're not gonna tolerate people who are irresponsible, no matter what round they're drafted in."

Really Jimmy Haslam? I understand that they are employees of yours, however you must lead by example. Skimming diesel fuel rebates doesn't make you better than anyone else. Doesn't help that they draft every single player who seems to have character issues. I feel bad for Browns fans.

Who goes out on Friday might and then can't wake up the next day? The party he was throwing obviously had an element of snow, and people were most likely lining up for it. That is why they could not make it. I could have ten double drinks on a Friday night and then wake up for a meeting if I had to. However if I were blowing lines as well, I probably would not be able to get up. I am sure that is what they were doing.

Anyways, I have no idea how this is even a debate. They should cut his butt now. Look how terrible he looked. He will never be a good qb. He is too short, does not have pinpoint accuracy or a deadly cannon arm,does not know all the plays yet, and has zero qb smarts (i.e taking a timeout right out a two minute warning :crazy: ) He is such an ignoramus that all fanbases (including probably his own now) eagerly want him to die on the field, and all opposing defenses want to mock him during the game.

Cleveland just needs to cut him and then pray that Winston falls out of the top ten.... :pickle:

Jackass or not, he doesn't have NFL starter talent. He doesn't have the speed or physicality to run around like a jackass like he did college. His arm makes Tim Rattay look like Brett Favre.

Completely unprepared after double digit weeks 'learning from the sidelines', he's got no value as a backup either.

Cut bait. It's a pretty easy call. Force him to learn in another league if he wants to play in the NFL again. Given he's had everything handed to him in life, doubtful he's got the dedication to work through adversity & will live off his family (and linger around A&M for the next several years)

Thomas criticizing him is rich. After Johnny came in the fourth quarter of that game, Thomas said that if Johnny started it would tell the veterans the season is over (when they were still in the hunt as far as win-loss record).

Then the week Johnny started Thomas was a turnstyle blocking, mailed it in and acted like the season was over. Before he criticizes Johnny for professionalism, etc., he needs to take a look in the mirror.

No, I believe nothing from him. Actions speak louder than words.
Thomas criticizing him is rich. After Johnny came in the fourth quarter of that game, Thomas said that if Johnny started it would tell the veterans the season is over (when they were still in the hunt as far as win-loss record).

Then the week Johnny started Thomas was a turnstyle blocking, mailed it in and acted like the season was over. Before he criticizes Johnny for professionalism, etc., he needs to take a look in the mirror.
8 Pro Bowls earn him the right to criticize a rookie who isn't putting in time. That aside, he sure as hell didn't look like he quit when Hoyer was in last week or when Shaw played this week. You can question whoever you want but if you're going to pick someone, I'd focus on someone other than the best LT in the league.

No, I believe nothing from him. Actions speak louder than words.

8 Pro Bowls earn him the right to criticize a rookie who isn't putting in time. That aside, he sure as hell didn't look like he quit when Hoyer was in last week or when Shaw played this week. You can question whoever you want but if you're going to pick someone, I'd focus on someone other than the best LT in the league.
Arguably Manziel being in made Thomas' job almost impossible.

The Browns are going to seriously regret picking this kid and all that comes with it.

Then again, they are the Browns for a reason.
Couch over McNabb and Culpepper

Spergon Wynn over Brady

Weeden over Wilson and Foles

...and now Manziel over Bridgewater.

How much are Browns fans expected to take?
could've had Carr too.
I would argue every QB listed above would have failed the same as the rest in Cleveland.

The Browns are going to seriously regret picking this kid and all that comes with it.

Then again, they are the Browns for a reason.
Couch over McNabb and Culpepper

Spergon Wynn over Brady

Weeden over Wilson and Foles

...and now Manziel over Bridgewater.

How much are Browns fans expected to take?
could've had Carr too.
I would argue every QB listed above would have failed the same as the rest in Cleveland.
i dont think Bridgewater would have with this regime. This coaching staff actually knows what it's doing. I think, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread