What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (4 Viewers)

If he stays off drugs/alcohol then I can see him developing into a decent-good starting QB (ala Jeff Garcia).

Didn't follow manziel in college but drafted and have been holding strong since day one. I figured there was a dumb and dumber chance with McCown starting, but the news about the elbow is not encouraging. Is this just a bit of rust from the offseason? Has there been any news that he would sit if this were regular season?

Didn't follow manziel in college but drafted and have been holding strong since day one. I figured there was a dumb and dumber chance with McCown starting, but the news about the elbow is not encouraging. Is this just a bit of rust from the offseason? Has there been any news that he would sit if this were regular season?
If he was perfectly healthy and if his head was screwed on straight he would be terrible.

Drop him

If he was perfectly healthy and if his head was screwed on straight he would be terrible.

Drop him
LOL awesome

Drop him
LOL awesome
Nothing about his game translates to the NFL. No idea how he was a 1st round pick. Tebow made more sense as a 1st round pick.

Drop him
LOL awesome
Nothing about his game translates to the NFL. No idea how he was a 1st round pick. Tebow made more sense as a 1st round pick.
Did you watch the last preseason game? McCown looks terrible and almost got himself and duke killed. Manziel has no value as a starter, or you feel there is no chance he becomes the starter?

He has no value in any capacity, and if anything has negative value because he is taking up a roster spot on your team that could go to some other player with some amount of upside.

These are things I would be saying even if he was perfectly healthy and not a total immature nimrod.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has no value in any capacity, and if anything has negative value because he is taking up a roster spot on your team that could go to some other player with some amount of upside.

These are things I would be saying even if he was perfectly healthy and not a total immature nimrod.
Yeah, I just read your thoughts from the brown's dumpster fire thread. Thanks for the insight.

Reminds me of Robert E. Lee, who on the retreat to Appomattox, spotted General Pickett (of Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg fame.) He turned to his staff and said,

"Is that man still in the Army?"

another fumble.

when's the comeback going to start?
He's gotta take better care of the ball, but with little-to-no practice time over the last 3 (plus?) weeks, no running game, and all of those poorly timed penalties I expected worse.

Worst case scenario for Johnny.

He needed to sit and learn for half a season. I was hoping McCown would shield him from the cluster this offense is.

I have no idea whether Manziel is ever going to develop into an NFL-caliber quarterback ... but I do know that whatever the appropriate course of action would be with him, the Browns are guaranteed to do the opposite.

It's so rare that you can look at a front office and honestly believe they'd be better off if they just went full George Costanza.

His segment on sportscenter this AM about Johnny was pretty telling. How his mechanics are still just godawful and he just like to take off and run for no reason.
And sadly, it's still better than McCown. Manziel will pull a rabbit out of a hat once or twice a game with his craziness but McCown sucks.

His segment on sportscenter this AM about Johnny was pretty telling. How his mechanics are still just godawful and he just like to take off and run for no reason.
And sadly, it's still better than McCown. Manziel will pull a rabbit out of a hat once or twice a game with his craziness but McCown sucks.
Either way they have the worst QB in the league. And they're receivers aren't good either. They're in a lot of trouble. Will probably pick top 5.

Tool said:
Omniscient Deity said:
pantherclub said:
Faust said:
Either way they have the worst QB in the league. And they're receivers aren't good either. They're in a lot of trouble. Will probably pick top 5.
And draft another QB.

Merrill Hoge has some sort of weird personal dislike for Manziel to where I think it's coloring his 'technical' take, he's been driving the hate bus since he was coming out of college.

That doesn't make him wrong about mechanics, but similar to Golden Tate giving his opinion on Percy Harvin's route running...clearly a bone to pick.

Tate & Harvin were teammates who had personal issues and rivalry. What's the internal personal motivation for Hoge to dislike Manziel? Has he been wrong so far?

Now that Manziel has had this personal turnaround I'd like to see him do well. I also think McCown is just a backup, I'd like to see the Browns to well and their fans rewarded.

But looking at Manziel straight up he's also in the wrong system, with the wrong OC & HC. He obviously needs to be with a creative play caller with great skill players to work with. If he plays he takes on sort of an Archie Manning syndrome, which ain't pretty.

Mariota is setting records even before the game is played.

As for Mariota, he will now face Heisman Trophy winners in his first two NFL starts -- first Jameis Winston, now Manziel. Mariota will become the first Heisman-winning quarterback in NFL history to face two former Heisman-winning QBs in back-to-back games at any point, let alone his first two NFL games.​

This game is going to be hyped-up bigtime but I doubt Mariota has another perfect game and even though the Browns looked horrible on the road against the Jets I doubt they turn the ball over 5 times and have 12 penalties for 109 yards Sunday at home against the Titans.

Users who are viewing this thread