What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (1 Viewer)

You can't cut him. For one, it would be a ##### move by the Browns with this kid just coming out of rehab, he regressed, it happens.

Here is what I would do, let ole Johnnyboy know that he has one chance to get his #### straight. Any screwup from here on out is immediate dismissal, no warning, no questions, your #### will be on the front lawn when you come to work. That would include on field, off field, going to church, hanging out in the park, whatever.

On a more selfish note, you can't cut him. You don't have a backup, keep him around for a few more weeks to give Davis some more time in the offense and when he inevitably screws up again boot him.

You can't cut him. For one, it would be a ##### move by the Browns with this kid just coming out of rehab, he regressed, it happens.

Here is what I would do, let ole Johnnyboy know that he has one chance to get his #### straight. Any screwup from here on out is immediate dismissal, no warning, no questions, your #### will be on the front lawn when you come to work. That would include on field, off field, going to church, hanging out in the park, whatever.

On a more selfish note, you can't cut him. You don't have a backup, keep him around for a few more weeks to give Davis some more time in the offense and when he inevitably screws up again boot him.
This is the NFL, he is an addict, you most certainly can cut him. You really think one more chance is going to set him straight?

Alcoholic idiots lose their jobs every day. The Browns can certainly cut him, and the only heat they would take is from their fans for wasting a 1st rounder on him over Teddy and Carr.

They likely gave him the 'one chance' spiel several chances ago.

I'm sure he's had the come to Jesus moment before if not more than once.

This falls into rank speculation and non-football, the girlfriend is hot, but she looks like a TCU party girl, wannabe model or trophy wife. She's part of the problem is my guess, toxic and gets him into drinking situations. Yes left field stuff but I'm guessing that was part of his 'old life' he couldn't cut ties with.

This falls into rank speculation and non-football, the girlfriend is hot, but she looks like a TCU party girl, wannabe model or trophy wife. She's part of the problem is my guess, toxic and gets him into drinking situations. Yes left field stuff but I'm guessing that was part of his 'old life' he couldn't cut ties with.
What else can you tell from her picture?

Jesus Christ

Alcoholic idiots lose their jobs every day. The Browns can certainly cut him, and the only heat they would take is from their fans for wasting a 1st rounder on him over Teddy and Carr.
Despite the judgmental tone of your post, I agree with your view on cutting Manziel.

Anyone that knows anything about alcoholism or any addiction knows there are relapses. The concerning thing is the domestic stuff. Who knows how serious things got with his gf in that car. Manziel obviously still has a lot of work to do here, but like any addict he will need help.

Anyone that knows anything about alcoholism or any addiction knows there are relapses. The concerning thing is the domestic stuff. Who knows how serious things got with his gf in that car. Manziel obviously still has a lot of work to do here, but like any addict he will need help.
The concerning thing is that he relapsed and thinks (evidently) that it is no big deal.

What else can you tell from her picture?
She's strictly in it for the $. The guy is a goblin.

The concerning thing is that he relapsed and thinks (evidently) that it is no big deal.
You have not been around addicts much have you?

It is called denial and I am going to guess he knows it is a big deal, but this is what happens when the walls start crumbling in on you. You turn to denial and acting like it is no big deal.

I am assuming he knows it is a big deal, because he has already been to rehab once (checked himself in). That is a sign that he at least has acknowledged there are some issues at hand.

What has to happen is continuously working on his issues whatever those might be. Addicts relapse all the time and the hard thing for Manziel is he is in the public eye so he has to face the struggle while everyone is watching him closely. It won't be easy.

You have not been around addicts much have you?It is called denial and I am going to guess he knows it is a big deal, but this is what happens when the walls start crumbling in on you. You turn to denial and acting like it is no big deal.

I am assuming he knows it is a big deal, because he has already been to rehab once (checked himself in). That is a sign that he at least has acknowledged there are some issues at hand.

What has to happen is continuously working on his issues whatever those might be. Addicts relapse all the time and the hard thing for Manziel is he is in the public eye so he has to face the struggle while everyone is watching him closely. It won't be easy.
Uh, yeah. I'm around addicts every week. Multiple days a week. Many of them are unwilling to accept that their life changes are just that......for life.Edit to add: I found it worrisome that he was so casual about admitting he had been drinking, and in essence that he was in the midst of relapsing. The domestic stuff is just par for the course / spillover stuff when addiction is involved. Is it worrisome too? Sure, but it is a consequence of the substance abuse. Or a parallel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on what we've heard there is little reason to speculate about "domestic stuff." In fact, it sounds like the most egregious act in this whole sensationalized incident (aside from Manziel drinking shortly after completing alcohol rehab) is the girlfriend throwing the wallet out the window.

Didnt seem like a big deal considering the authorities did not pursue intoxication related charges despite manziel driving.

Based on what we've heard there is little reason to speculate about "domestic stuff." In fact, it sounds like the most egregious act in this whole sensationalized incident (aside from Manziel drinking shortly after completing alcohol rehab) is the girlfriend throwing the wallet out the window.
According to the report, Colleen Elizabeth Crowley, Manziel's girlfriend, said he also pushed her head into the window of his white Nissan. However she did not want to press charges. A witness said Manziel was driving at a high speed and that Crowley was attempting to exit the vehicle before they stopped.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2015/10/16/johnny-manziel-drinking-ohio-police-girlfriend/74081906/

Didnt seem like a big deal considering the authorities did not pursue intoxication related charges despite manziel driving.
Any relapse is a big deal.

According to the report, Colleen Elizabeth Crowley, Manziel's girlfriend, said he also pushed her head into the window of his white Nissan. However she did not want to press charges. A witness said Manziel was driving at a high speed and that Crowley was attempting to exit the vehicle before they stopped.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2015/10/16/johnny-manziel-drinking-ohio-police-girlfriend/74081906/
Sounds like she may have been going ape shyte trying to get to her phone and he was fending her off to keep her from causing a crash. Attempting to exit the vehicle before it stopped? Perfectly rational behavior.

You have not been around addicts much have you?

It is called denial and I am going to guess he knows it is a big deal, but this is what happens when the walls start crumbling in on you. You turn to denial and acting like it is no big deal.

This is what I was getting at but you guys go ahead and cut him. #### em, that'll show him and then we'll do what exactly?

And if they did already have the come to Jesus meeting then they should have cut him before he got home and posted on twitter. They didn't. In fact they went out of their way to support him. The Browns are an incredibly dysfunctional organization, it wouldn't shock me a bit if they never had that conversation with him. He is Haslim's boy, don't know how much more good will h ehas banked but I'd guess he is getting toward the bottom of the tank.

I doubt very seriously that Manziel believes he has an alcohol addiction. He probably just went to rehab to satisfy others. He's just an immature party boy who likes to have fun more than he wants to buckle down and work.

I doubt very seriously that Manziel believes he has an alcohol addiction. He probably just went to rehab to satisfy others. He's just an immature party boy who likes to have fun more than he wants to buckle down and work.
Agreed. He doesn't think he has a problem.

Alex P Keaton said:
Quasimoto said:
Alex P Keaton said:
cvnpoka said:
Alex P Keaton said:
Carter_Can_Fly said:
His behaviors are jeopardizing a lucrative career in the NFL, so he obviously has some kind of problem. I just don't know enough to determine that that problem is alcoholism. Without being privy to the details of his everyday life I'm not of a mind to label a 22 year old party boy an alcoholic. He may just be immature.

Alex P Keaton said:
Quasimoto said:
Alex P Keaton said:
cvnpoka said:
Alex P Keaton said:
Carter_Can_Fly said:
His behaviors are jeopardizing a lucrative career in the NFL, so he obviously has some kind of problem. I just don't know enough to determine that that problem is alcoholism. Without being privy to the details of his everyday life I'm not of a mind to label a 22 year old party boy an alcoholic. He may just be immature.
Absolutely. He could be a whole bunch of things. He might be just a young dude who loves to party and will grow out of it. Regardless of what he labels himself, I hope he gets his life in order.

Alex P Keaton said:
cvnpoka said:
Alex P Keaton said:
Carter_Can_Fly said:
Having a few drinks is not a big deal, no. The haters, holier than thous, and brainwashed aggro aa minions are the only ones who feel otherwise but all of those groups are clearly driven by an agenda

Alex P Keaton said:
cvnpoka said:
Alex P Keaton said:
Carter_Can_Fly said:
The problem is Manziel was supposed to leave that lifestyle behind. That means getting the drunk partiers out of his life so he can focus on his NFL career. If he's still dating this chick, that hasn't happened.

Alex P Keaton said:
cvnpoka said:
Alex P Keaton said:
Carter_Can_Fly said:
Having a few drinks is not a big deal, no. The haters, holier than thous, and brainwashed aggro aa minions are the only ones who feel otherwise but all of those groups are clearly driven by an agenda
Yeah, this is very ignorant, unless you mean the agenda is to turn your life around..? Maybe? He was in a rehab for 2 months or something, usually normal drinkers don't go to rehab, actually normal drinkers NEVER go to rehab, not once. Wether he's an alcoholic or not, he will have to decide. But where there is smoke there may be fire, and we're not minions, just experienced.

Users who are viewing this thread