Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'

Faust

In the short time they spent with her the cops obviously drew a bead on this Crowley wack job. There is no way they would have allowed these two to leave together if they believed her claim that he 'ht her a couple of times.' Kruger knows what the deal is, and he pretty clearly indicated that this nut case is bad news. I'm no fan of Manziel, but it looks to me like he's getting a raw deal here. Probably found a boiled bunny in a pot when a got home.

Looks to me like this girl needs to get away from the spoiled, alcoholic inbred hillbilly.

Look again.

In the short time they spent with her the cops obviously drew a bead on this Crowley wack job. There is no way they would have allowed these two to leave together if they believed her claim that he 'ht her a couple of times.' Kruger knows what the deal is, and he pretty clearly indicated that this nut case is bad news. I'm no fan of Manziel, but it looks to me like he's getting a raw deal here. Probably found a boiled bunny in a pot when a got home.

People don't get into dysfunctional relationships by accident. He chose to be with her, and he's got more opportunities than every guy on this board combined. So that's another questionable choice by him, plus he was drinking. To say he got a raw deal is absurd.
  • Like 2

People don't get into dysfunctional relationships by accident. He chose to be with her, and he's got more opportunities than every guy on this board combined. So that's another questionable choice by him, plus he was drinking. To say he got a raw deal is absurd.

Well don't you have high standards as applied to other people. His choice to be with her is none of your concern...or mine, or anyone else's. The only thing anyone need be concerned about is what happened during and immediately preceding the incident in question. That a consenting adult had a couple of drinks earlier in the day is of no matter to any but the judgmental among us who live for opportunities to magnify every small misstep of those to whom they've taken a disliking. At the end of the day nobody was harmed and no laws were broken, so there is nothing to see here.

Well don't you have high standards as applied to other people. His choice to be with her is none of your concern...or mine, or anyone else's. The only thing anyone need be concerned about is what happened during and immediately preceding the incident in question. That a consenting adult had a couple of drinks earlier in the day is of no matter to any but the judgmental among us who live for opportunities to magnify every small misstep of those to whom they've taken a disliking. At the end of the day nobody was harmed and no laws were broken, so there is nothing to see here.
bull####.

recovering alcoholic admitting to drinking and driving 90mph passing people in the burm and a woman accusing him of hitting her.

nothing to see here?

give me a break.

• Like 1

The biggest career problem for Manziel here is not the league office, which is a problem, or his health (ok that's a problem), but that this incident indicates to the Browns they can't trust him to be a starter down the road. He had his do-over, a rookie season which was a mulligan, a freebie offseason, and then a training camp and preseason in which he was given chances to win over a journeyman.... lots of energy spent just giving him chances. Organizations of all kinds get tired of that.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

bull####.

recovering alcoholic admitting to drinking and driving 90mph passing people in the burm and a woman accusing him of hitting her.

nothing to see here?

give me a break.

1. I'm not even sure it's possible to be an alcoholic at age 22. When I was 22 we called it partying. Thanks to some of my Shark Pool buddies I now find out that we weren't having a youthful good time at all, but were instead in desperate need of our first thirty $30,000 stay at rehab.

2. If any of the other things you prattle on about actually happened he would have been arrested. Ipso facto, they probably didn't happen. Even if the moving violations did happen, so what? If we were all judged by the moving violations we commit but are not cited for, hell would have a No Vacancy sign out front.

3. I repeat. Nothing to see here...unless you happen to be a judgmental crusader with nothing better to do than tell others how to live.

• Like 1

bull####.

nothing to see here?

give me a break.

1. I'm not even sure it's possible to be an alcoholic at age 22. When I was 22 we called it partying. Thanks to some of my Shark Pool buddies I now find out that we weren't having a youthful good time at all, but were instead in desperate need of our first thirty $30,000 stay at rehab.

2. If any of the other things you prattle on about actually happened he would have been arrested. Ipso facto, they probably didn't happen. Even if the moving violations did happen, so what? If we were all judged by the moving violations we commit but are not cited for, hell would have a No Vacancy sign out front.

3. I repeat. Nothing to see here...unless you happen to be a judgmental crusader with nothing better to do than tell others how to live.

Are you ####### serious??? :lmao:

You referred to her as a nutcase bunny boiler and said he got a raw deal. I simply pointed out that he chose to be with her and he was drinking, which is a huge red flag for someone who is supposed to be just beginning recovery.

An NFL quarterback is the face of the franchise and ideally the leader of the entire team. He's getting $8 million guaranteed and the Browns wasted a 1st round pick on this turd. You're damn right everything he does is going to be scrutinized. He's squandering his talent before our eyes and you're making excuses for him.

• Like 1

bull####.

nothing to see here?

give me a break.

As for the bolded, actually that sounds like Roger Goodell to a T.

• Like 1

bull####.

nothing to see here?

give me a break.

Are you ####### serious??? :lmao:

Ah, you're one of those. How long have you been selling timeshares at Betty Ford?

Rotoworld:

Johnny Manziel - QB - Browns

The Browns' official website says Johnny Manziel is "ready if needed" for Week 8.

The water carrying suggests Josh McCown (shoulder) will be questionable for Sunday's game against the Cardinals. It's also an indication the Browns aren't concerned about the league's investigation into Manziel's recent domestic incident. Manziel would be a low-end QB2 if he got the call against Bruce Arians' team.

Source: clevelandbrowns.com

Oct 26 - 2:24 PM

bull####.

nothing to see here?

give me a break.

What are you doing? There goes your credibility dude.

And you'll find out one day that your virginity is a lot like your credibility... once you lose it, it is gone forever.

The biggest career problem for Manziel here is not the league office, which is a problem, or his health (ok that's a problem), but that this incident indicates to the Browns they can't trust him to be a starter down the road. He had his do-over, a rookie season which was a mulligan, a freebie offseason, and then a training camp and preseason in which he was given chances to win over a journeyman.... lots of energy spent just giving him chances. Organizations of all kinds get tired of that.

Well yeah, if the decision-makers are rational. This franchise wasted a 1st Rd pick on this guy, and keep giving him those chances. I won't be shocked when he's starting by week 10.

bull####.

nothing to see here?

give me a break.

What are you doing? There goes your credibility dude.

And you'll find out one day that your virginity is a lot like your credibility... once you lose it, it is gone forever.

I'll let guys like you worry about their credibility on anonymous internet message boards.

As to virginity, I don't think I've ever known a dude to think in those terms. Are you a dude?

This all seems like personal, non-football speculation, whether he's an addict or his girlfriend, but it really does affect what kind if future he has an NFL QB, and whether he does have one. Saying someone can't be an addict at 22 is flat out wrong.

If I had actually said that, then it would have been what we used to call an opinion...back in the days before that sort of thing was viewed as, "flat out wrong." What I implied is that we tend to be far too quick to label people (especially young people) addicts these days...especially where alcohol is concerned. Addiction in America has become a mega-billion dollar industry (Just as judgemental-ism has become a vicious pastime). Like all industries, the addiction industry needs customers, and they create those customers by convincing society that people who were once simply thought to be guilty of overindulgence are, in fact, addicts who possess neither self-control nor accountability, and therefore cannot be expected to simply get their vices under control by shear force of character and/or will. It's not your fault goes the sales pitch...You can't help it...You cannot be expected to stop on your own...Just admit that you are an addict and pay us large sums of money to fix your problems. And, when that doesn't cure the problem that we say you have, then that's not your fault either. After all, people relapse...you can just come back and pay us again and again and again...It's awesome! Just remember, there is no warranty.

If Manziel doesn't believe he's an alcoholic then he probably isn't, and the fact that he thinks it's OK to have a couple of drinks so soon after leaving rehab is a pretty clear indication that he doesn't believe he is an alcoholic. It is likely that his stint in rehab was a move to placate others, and maybe get away from the press for awhile. Of course it is possible for a 22 year old to be an addict...or even an alcoholic (let's see how many times that last part gets bolded), but before we label a young man for life I'm thinking maybe we give him some time to work through his issues on his own. If people want to criticize his play on the field, then that's fine, but don't make a bigger deal out of this incident than it is. Far too much of that going on these days. Regardless of what you may have heard on the internet, not every person who has ever been drunk is an alcoholic.

He's a troll fisherman. No one is that ignorant.

I hope.

In my experience the first to cry troll is almost always the troll, so I'll just leave you to do what you do.

Well yeah, if the decision-makers are rational. This franchise wasted a 1st Rd pick on this guy, and keep giving him those chances. I won't be shocked when he's starting by week 10.

Wikipedia's entry on Manziel ought to carry a little banner underneath his name:

"Redirected from Sunk Cost".

Well you've got to win some sort of prize here.

Looks fine tonight

Were we watching the same game? I saw a guy who progressed through his full set of reads about three times, got happy feet in the pocket quite a bit, and airmailed a half-dozen passes at least.

He looks a lot better than last year, but that's not necessarily saying much.

Looks fine tonight

Were we watching the same game? I saw a guy who progressed through his full set of reads about three times, got happy feet in the pocket quite a bit, and airmailed a half-dozen passes at least.

He looks a lot better than last year, but that's not necessarily saying much.

like it's been for McCown all year, there are lots of reasons this team lost and qb play is not near the top of the list.

He was far from great, but he wasn't bad. This team is just terrible.

Not saying he was great, but anyone choosing to criticize his performance tonight is trying too hard.

Also - it looks like someone made him doubt leaving the pocket in the second half, he had several opportunities to leak out and passed them up... why would you tell Manziel not to leave the pocket after watching the first half?

Not saying he was great, but anyone choosing to criticize his performance tonight is trying too hard.

Also - it looks like someone made him doubt leaving the pocket in the second half, he had several opportunities to leak out and passed them up... why would you tell Manziel not to leave the pocket after watching the first half?

Not much of a mystery. Pettine called him out during the interview at the end of the first half. The guy is stuck on stupid, you aren't going to make Johnny into a pure pocket QB, quit trying.

he looked a lot better.

made a lot of correct reads, even if some of them were a bit late.

needs to get some touch on the ball though. lots of those passes were coming in too hot.

looks like he has plenty of arm though, which i had doubted.

bottom line, he's much improved. still don't think he's starting caliber.

• Faust changed the title to Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'