What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (2 Viewers)

Check out 23 year old Favre in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6gFiOKfiDg
People still don't understand what this is about.

But let me point out one thing here - that is Brett Favre in Milwaukee being celebrated by Packer fans. Look at him there, he is loved by the fans. Packer fans. Not only that, but if you listen to teh audio they are talking about Favre taking the Packers to the Super Bowl. In fact he took GB to the NFC Championship and lost to the Cowboys.

By the way what kind of 1st round quarterback can't beat out Hoyer his rookie year and couldn't beat out Josh McCown in his second year in the league? Colt McCoy started more games for the Browns than this guy. How stupid is this discussion? This is the player we are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

People still don't understand what this is about.

But let me point out one thing here - that is Brett Favre in Milwaukee being celebrated by Packer fans. Look at him there, he is loved by the fans. Packer fans. Not only that, but if you listen to teh audio they are talking about Favre taking the Packers to the Super Bowl. In fact he took GB to the NFC Championship and lost to the Cowboys.
Even if johnny lead a team to the SB, if a video came out the week following he would be destroyed

By the way what kind of 1st round quarterback can't beat out Hoyer his rookie year and couldn't beat out Josh McCown in his second year in the league? Colt McCoy started more games for the Browns than this guy. How stupid is this discussion? This is the player we are talking about.
He was never in competition with McCown.

Listening to NFL radio the past few days it seems Clev isn't really that upset with the video and his partying. They are very upset in his lies and attempts to cover it up. The trust is broken. I don't think it's coming back.

Meatwad Reloaded said:

I agree that throughout NFL history hundreds of players have gotten away with far worse than Manziel but let's be honest, while he may be talented Manziel doesn't have anywhere near the arm talent that Brett Favre did.

Then again I think they are both very close in the knucklehead arena.
Umm...Favre doesn't even come close to Johnny in the area of knucklehead. Let's do a comparison if Johnny ends up playing more than 20 years.
You serious Clark?

This guy couldn't ask for a bigger break, pardon the pun.

McCown goes down for the year right after he's demoted to 3rd string. What are the odds?

I guess we just might see him get a shot again.

Probably Manziel. Who will probably get injured. Then we'll see Davis. Who will probably get injured. Then we'll see Johnny again. Then he'll go on a bender Christmas Eve and get himself suspended. Then Terrelle Pryor gets the coveted week 17 start for the Browns. Then everyone gets fired.

Probably Manziel. Who will probably get injured. Then we'll see Davis. Who will probably get injured. Then we'll see Johnny again. Then he'll go on a bender Christmas Eve and get himself suspended. Then Terrelle Pryor gets the coveted week 17 start for the Browns. Then everyone gets fired.
this is pretty accurate. unless Pettine refuses to play Manziel, in which case he could get fired earlier.

same stuff, just slightly different order.

This has the feel of a really good prediction framework.

What's the most # of QBs that have started for Cleveland in one year?
Since they came back in 1999:

2015-2

2014-3

2013-3

2012-2

2011-2

2010-3

2009-2

2008-4

2007-2

2006-2

2005-2

2004-3

2003-2

2002-2

2001-1

2000-3

1999-2
So let me get this straight: If Austin Davis gets the nod this weekend, 2015 will be the fifth time in the last eight seasons that the Browns have trotted out at least THREE different starting QBs?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"Dysfunctional" isn't even close to being a strong enough word for that organization.

Check out the week 17 starter each year. Non-Browns fans probably can't name half of them without looking.

Davis is starting.
Ouch. JFF must be done in Clev.
That's exactly what I thought when I saw Davis starting.

I like this coach. He has morals and sticks to them. Rare these days.
That's pretty easy to do when you're benching Manziel. It's not like you're faced with benching a premiere player.
For sure. Manziel is not a quality quarterback. But the fact remains that he was a first round pick and very popular with the fans. It would be very easy for him to fold and just play him because it would be the popular choice.

It's a shame Manziel never had a father figure or coach like this before. One that made him accountable for his actions. He may not be the way he is.

LOL.. Pettine is a joke.

Being a hard ### tough guy coach like he's running a high school team. And based on his ability, that is probably where he should be. Manziel will outlast him in Cleveland.

LOL.. Pettine is a joke.

Being a hard ### tough guy coach like he's running a high school team. And based on his ability, that is probably where he should be. Manziel will outlast him in Cleveland.
Pettine actually was a high school coach.

He knows he's out the door after this season, may as well come off like a stick-to-your-guns, disciplinarian type and maybe sucker another franchise to take the plunge. Anyone saying benching Manziel at this point of the season is a positive for the franchise is just someone who hates Manziel. Benching Manziel is only good for one person and that's Pettine. He's putting himself above the organization, trying to look good for people who post on internet football boards. Fire him now, why wait? This is the time of the year for teams out of the playoffs to get a good long look at personnel and we all know there isn't a more important position in sports. Just wasting games where they could evaluate the guy. Some call it admirable, I say it's dumb. Stuff like this is why they're the Browns.

LOL.. Pettine is a joke.

Possibly he will outlast him. But at least Pettine made rules and carried through on them.

And you've convinced me that you would be just like Manziel's daddy, high school, and college coaches and just let him play by his own set of rules. In other words. you'd be a part of the problem. There's a reason he's got all that talent and is one step from being out of the league. He's an immature knucklehead who's be told all of his life that the rules don't apply to him because he's a good football player. Once Cleveland finally gives up on th4e turd, his last shot will be Dallas. And he'll screw that up too and be back to living off his rich daddy's money. And it sure won't be Pettine's fault. He was the first guy in Manziel's life who tried to make him be a man.

Oh my God Johnny, you lied to me! You said you wouldn't go to a club! You said that video was old!

He sounds like a high school girlfriend, not an NFL head coach. It's all grandstanding. If it wasn't grandstanding he'd have cut him by now.

Oh my God Johnny, you lied to me! You said you wouldn't go to a club! You said that video was old!

He sounds like a high school girlfriend, not an NFL head coach. It's all grandstanding. If it wasn't grandstanding he'd have cut him by now.
Exactly!

Maybe he wouldnt act like a HS coach if Johnny didnt act like a 18 year old drunk HS senior that just went on summer break.

If Petine had GM power, he probably would have

cut him by now.

Petine would have cut him long ago if he had that kind of power. Unfortunately, he doesn't. Hopefully, Manziel is learning from this. History suggests that he isn't, but maybe missing a Monday night game for the whole country to see will make it hit home.

LOL.. Pettine is a joke.

Possibly he will outlast him. But at least Pettine made rules and carried through on them.

And you've convinced me that you would be just like Manziel's daddy, high school, and college coaches and just let him play by his own set of rules. In other words. you'd be a part of the problem. There's a reason he's got all that talent and is one step from being out of the league. He's an immature knucklehead who's be told all of his life that the rules don't apply to him because he's a good football player. Once Cleveland finally gives up on th4e turd, his last shot will be Dallas. And he'll screw that up too and be back to living off his rich daddy's money. And it sure won't be Pettine's fault. He was the first guy in Manziel's life who tried to make him be a man.
You seem to have a personal issue with Manziel too lol...

You are living in a fantasy world if you think that professional athletes do not play by their own sets of rules. The tough guy theatrics do not work with pro athletes, perhaps if works for a while if the coach is/has been successful. He has not been and is clearly in over his head as an NFL coach.

Also, can we retire "knucklehead" from the football lexicon. So tired.

"JOHNNY!!! ARE YOU CHEWING GUM AGAIN DURING A WALKTHROUGH?!"

"JOHNNY!!! PLEASE TUCK IN YOUR SHIRT!!"

At least JFF does not have to play that Cincy D.

In the end this is a lose for everybody. Pettine, the browns organization, and JFF.

As someone who has no ties to the organization I will just sit back and observe this train wreck.

The boo birds will be out in full force as Davis struggles mightily this week.

Maybe he wouldnt act like a HS coach if Johnny didnt act like a 18 year old drunk HS senior that just went on summer break.
Yeah, his treatment of Manziel and Gilbert have been because they are clowns. By all accounts the other 51 players respect him because he treats them like men. This is/has been embarrassing, but if he had lost the locker room too this could be worse. A lot worse.

LOL.. Pettine is a joke.

You are living in a fantasy world if you think that professional athletes do not play by their own sets of rules. The tough guy theatrics do not work with pro athletes, perhaps if works for a while if the coach is/has been successful. He has not been and is clearly in over his head as an NFL coach.

I have a personal issue with every athlete who thinks he's above the rules. A few years ago, while in college, Manziel was told to go home from the Manning quarterback camp because he was out partying every night and showing up at camp late every day and smelling like booze. In 2012, he was arrested for underage drinking, false ID, and shouting a racial slur at someone. A month ago, the cops had to be called because passersby noticed a car pulled over with a couple arguing and getting physical with each other. After being named the starter in Cleveland, Petine asked that he refrain from partying during the bye week and use the time to study his craft. Of course, he couldn't resist the booze and a party. Then when the video came out, he lied right to Petine's face and went as far as to call all the friends in the video and ask them to lie also.

He's a mental midget that refuses to grow up and take his job seriously. That might work if you're Brett Favre or Joe Namath. It doesn't for a guy who is borderline a rosterable talent as it is.

If other young boneheads like Cam Newton and Jameis Winston can grow up and try to seize their opportunity, why can't Manziel? If the 'tough guy' tactics don't work with Manziel, then maybe he'll do much bet5ter in Dallas next year, where they encourage low character guys and it's run like a country club. IU have a feeling he'll even screw that up. Some people just aren't intelligent enough for it to ever click.

LOL.. Pettine is a joke.

I have a personal issue with every athlete who thinks he's above the rules. A few years ago, while in college, Manziel was told to go home from the Manning quarterback camp because he was out partying every night and showing up at camp late every day and smelling like booze. In 2012, he was arrested for underage drinking, false ID, and shouting a racial slur at someone. A month ago, the cops had to be called because passersby noticed a car pulled over with a couple arguing and getting physical with each other. After being named the starter in Cleveland, Petine asked that he refrain from partying during the bye week and use the time to study his craft. Of course, he couldn't resist the booze and a party. Then when the video came out, he lied right to Petine's face and went as far as to call all the friends in the video and ask them to lie also.

He's a mental midget that refuses to grow up and take his job seriously. That might work if you're Brett Favre or Joe Namath. It doesn't for a guy who is borderline a rosterable talent as it is.

If other young boneheads like Cam Newton and Jameis Winston can grow up and try to seize their opportunity, why can't Manziel? If the 'tough guy' tactics don't work with Manziel, then maybe he'll do much bet5ter in Dallas next year, where they encourage low character guys and it's run like a country club. IU have a feeling he'll even screw that up. Some people just aren't intelligent enough for it to ever click.
Manziel has made it to the NFL, an accomplishment that takes more skill and work than probably anything you've achieved in your life. He's also in his early 20's having fun, banging extremely hot women (or woman now). None of that has anything to do with his on the field issues, which are plenty.

You sound like a jealous crumedgen whose life has passed you by, that like to project your distain at people you don't know for doing things you don't like.

Sorry for partying

Users who are viewing this thread