What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (11 Viewers)

I know where he's not going to be pretty soon! Looks like the new HC is ready to move on. Get ready Jerry!! He's gonna be all yours in 2016!!

Robert Lusetich ‏ @ RobertLusetich

@ MikeGarafolo Wonders never cease! Well, good news for Browns and they never have any good news. What happens to Johnny Football with Hue?

Mike Garafolo ‏ @ MikeGarafolo 26s 26 seconds ago

Mike Garafolo Retweeted Robert Lusetich

You ask good questions. I was told Hue made it clear he'd want to move on from Johnny.
Do the Browns need to find which frat house Manziel is hanging out in in order to cut him, or can they just let his agent know?

Not returning Bernie Kosar's phone calls doesn't mean you've disappeared, it could easily mean you are exercising good judgement.
I don't know if he's disappeared but no one seems to know where he's at. According to reports he hasn't been in is home for a while and has a friend staying there. No one has heard from him since he skipped the last game and medical protocol for his concussion and went to Vegas.
Why do we want to know where he is? How do you know no one has heard from him? Are you keeping tabs on the location of any other NFL players during their off season? Borderline creepy.
Not for nothing, but let's assume that Bernie is trying to help him.

Here's a link to the story:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2016/01/12/bernie-kosar-says-johnny-manziel-blowing-him-off/78689942/

A few questions spring to mind:

1. Why is Johnny required to respond to Kosar?

2. Why is Kosar going public with this? Johnny refused your counsel? OK. Why are you talking to USA Today about it?

Not returning Bernie Kosar's phone calls doesn't mean you've disappeared, it could easily mean you are exercising good judgement.
I don't know if he's disappeared but no one seems to know where he's at. According to reports he hasn't been in is home for a while and has a friend staying there. No one has heard from him since he skipped the last game and medical protocol for his concussion and went to Vegas.
Why do we want to know where he is? How do you know no one has heard from him? Are you keeping tabs on the location of any other NFL players during their off season? Borderline creepy.
A big 2016 death pool I'm in, 3 people selected Manziel

Not being creepy at all. I'm just passing news along that I've heard on the radio and then I read about. It just seemed kind of strange that a team wouldn't be able to contact one of their players. Other than that I don't care and wouldn't blame him for trying to stay out of public sight, even though that seems to counter what he loves to do.

Not for nothing, but let's assume that Bernie is trying to help him.

Here's a link to the story:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2016/01/12/bernie-kosar-says-johnny-manziel-blowing-him-off/78689942/

A few questions spring to mind:

1. Why is Johnny required to respond to Kosar?

2. Why is Kosar going public with this? Johnny refused your counsel? OK. Why are you talking to USA Today about it?
I think Kosar is making this a big deal saying how he was a little offended by Manziel since he is trying to help him. I guess reporters contacted Kosar or he just wants some attention himself. I don't really know but it seems like such a dysfunctional mess.

The amount of energy spent on judging this 22 year old kid is mind bottling. Cleveland has handled him poorly from day one. Why did they move up into the draft to take him and then spend 2 years humiliating him.

Wake me when he's cut and I can order my #2 jersey.

Last edited by a moderator:
The amount of energy spent on judging this 22 year old kid is mind bottling. Cleveland has handled him poorly from day one. Why did they move up into the draft to take him and then spend 2 years humiliating him.

I think that Johnny humiliated the organization more than they humiliated him. I agree that they handled the situation wrong and drafting him was a HUGE mistake. I think any team drafting him was a huge mistake though.

Mind bottling sounds painful.

The only thing you said that makes sense is 'why did Cleveland move up to take him'. Manziel humiliated himself. Cleveland gave him plenty of chances to show them that he's maturing and taking the job seriously. He failed in his personal life and he failed when they threw him out on the field. Why do you suppose Hue Jackson said he wants Cleveland to get rid of Manziel as a condition for him to sign on as coach?

''Spend two years humiliating him''?

Seems odd to go full homer for a guy not even on your team yet.
He said that the chick Hardy beat up may have purposely thrown herself around to get all bruised up and scraped. Mobbin' is a great and loyal Cowboys fan, but he'd take Hitler on his team and make excuses for him.

''Spend two years humiliating him''?

Seems odd to go full homer for a guy not even on your team yet.
He said that the chick Hardy beat up may have purposely thrown herself around to get all bruised up and scraped. Mobbin' is a great and loyal Cowboys fan, but he'd take Hitler on his team and make excuses for him.
What's his 40 time?
He ran a 5.1 but I heard he looked gassed afterwards

So it sounds like the Rams and Cowboys are the most interested...Johnny in LA would be a trainwreck...there's more hookers and blow in that town than Vegas.

It will be interesting to see what kind of a move Dallas makes...I find it very hard to believe that Jerry is not foaming at the mouth. Dallas is such a good fit on several levels.

So it sounds like the Rams and Cowboys are the most interested...Johnny in LA would be a trainwreck...there's more hookers and blow in that town then Vegas.

It will be interesting to see what kind of a move Dallas makes...I find it very hard to believe that Jerry is not foaming at the mouth. Dallas is such a good fit on several levels.
Johnny in Dallas would probably be just as bad because his whole posse would around him.

dhockster said:
TripItUp said:
So it sounds like the Rams and Cowboys are the most interested...Johnny in LA would be a trainwreck...there's more hookers and blow in that town then Vegas.

Johnny in Dallas would probably be just as bad because his whole posse would around him.
Dallas takes chances on players because they have the structure and support to prevent (most) guys from self destructing. I imagine Johnny would get a caretaker assigned to him or would get handcuffed to Romo.

TripItUp said:
So it sounds like the Rams and Cowboys are the most interested...Johnny in LA would be a trainwreck...there's more hookers and blow in that town than Vegas.

Ha it's also a lot closer to Vegas.

Wonder how much of his NFL earnings he has left. He probably has blown a lot of it. He is/was rich, but not filthy rich from it.

He can always run to daddy for more though

I imagine there should be a pretty high demand for a short no talent jackoff who doesnt care about football, would make the coaches lives a living hell, and would bring a ####storm of negative attention towards the team. Right??

The "Cleveland didnt handle him correctly" is hilarious, but I do enjoy when people try and spin it that way. They drafted a clown who acted like a clown. Surprise surprise surprise. I would say they drafted incorrectly, just like any other team before the 4th round would have.

My prediction: He gets signed one more time. Not sure which team, but it will be ONE more time.

Then it's off to drinking and being a bum. What a total loser. He probably doesn't even realize that he is ugly as hell and only has hot women around him because he has (soon to be had) money.

I imagine there should be a pretty high demand for a short no talent jackoff who doesnt care about football, would make the coaches lives a living hell, and would bring a ####storm of negative attention towards the team. Right??

The "Cleveland didnt handle him correctly" is hilarious, but I do enjoy when people try and spin it that way. They drafted a clown who acted like a clown. Surprise surprise surprise. I would say they drafted incorrectly, just like any other team before the 4th round would have.

My prediction: He gets signed one more time. Not sure which team, but it will be ONE more time.
Until Jerry Jones finally passes away, I think we all know who that second team will be. He loves offering a soft landing spot to cast-offs. As long as it means media attention for him.

Then it's off to drinking and being a bum. What a total loser. He probably doesn't even realize that he is ugly as hell and only has hot women around him because he has (soon to be had) money.
He had it before he got there, he will have it when football is gone.

Yup. He has a rich daddy. Which is the root of all of his entitlement issues. Petine was the first person in Manziel's life who gave him a set of rules to follow and held him accountable.

dhockster said:
TripItUp said:

Dallas takes chances on players because they have the structure and support to prevent (most) guys from self destructing. I imagine Johnny would get a caretaker assigned to him or would get handcuffed to Romo.
Now that I want to see. Dallas running a two QB offense, with the QB's handcuffed together. Since the are both right handed, they would have to be handcuffed with one facing the offensive line and the other to his left facing away from the offensive line. Depending on who you wanted to QB a given play, that QB would be facing the center. Awesome! Cowboys are the most innovative team in football!

dhockster said:
TripItUp said:

I can't imagine Romo wants that responsibility.

dhockster said:
TripItUp said:

IIRC the caretaker option in Dallas has a 50:50 success rate at best. Dez? Yes. Pacman & Hardy? Not so much.

dhockster said:
TripItUp said:

IIRC the caretaker option in Dallas has a 50:50 success rate at best. Dez? Yes. Pacman & Hardy? Not so much.
Dez sortof. He is a man child on the sidelines and just a general headcase. You could probably argue that the cowboys success or lack thereof could be a chemistry issue in the locker room. Heaven knows they have a ton of talent on that team but dealing with a bunch of headcases has to be frustrating to the stand up guys.

matuski said:
You still defending this tool?

You still defending this tool?
How on earth would you get that from this?

Kid is obviously an idiot... people are just as obviously jumping to uninformed (idiotic?) criticisms. We know enough to figure out that Manziel has a lot to figure out, without making assumptions.

At the same time, count me in with the camp that says he makes a comeback with a less dysfunctional team.

Manziel has an alcohol use disorder and did not get enough if what he needed as a kid growing up. My hope is he gets help so that he doesn't die of liver failure at 55. Having a good career in the NFL? Well anything he or anyone else puts in front of their recovery, they will lose. Get sober first, then focus on football. It's the only way it will work.

Manziel has an alcohol use disorder and did not get enough if what he needed as a kid growing up. My hope is he gets help so that he doesn't die of liver failure at 55. Having a good career in the NFL? Well anything he or anyone else puts in front of their recovery, they will lose. Get sober first, then focus on football. It's the only way it will work.
on a serious note this kid really needs to have a heart to heart with Kerry Collins.

Personal issues aside, is he any good as an NFL quarterback? It's not like he didn't have any opportunities this year.
Most analysts will tell you he showed progress this year...given that he is 22, he's got plenty of runway in front of him.

We don't know that he has an alcohol disorder. He had/has an issue with something, but unless I missed something major, we don't know if it was alcohol or drugs or anger issues or....

We don't know that he has an alcohol disorder. He had/has an issue with something, but unless I missed something major, we don't know if it was alcohol or drugs or anger issues or....
Just stop, for the love of God just stop

Just stop, for the love of God just stop
I would love to see it if you have a link to what he was in rehab for.

Considering he is drinking in public, I am actually assuming (ASSUMING) his rehab stint was for something else, like drugs. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread