What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (4 Viewers)

Manziel has an alcohol use disorder and did not get enough if what he needed as a kid growing up. My hope is he gets help so that he doesn't die of liver failure at 55. Having a good career in the NFL? Well anything he or anyone else puts in front of their recovery, they will lose. Get sober first, then focus on football. It's the only way it will work.
We don't know that he has an alcohol disorder. He had/has an issue with something, but unless I missed something major, we don't know if it was alcohol or drugs or anger issues or....
Just stop, for the love of God just stop
I would love to see it if you have a link to what he was in rehab for.

Considering he is drinking in public, I am actually assuming (ASSUMING) his rehab stint was for something else, like drugs. :shrug:
I'd be willing to bet it's alcohol and/or coke

Manziel has an alcohol use disorder and did not get enough if what he needed as a kid growing up. My hope is he gets help so that he doesn't die of liver failure at 55. Having a good career in the NFL? Well anything he or anyone else puts in front of their recovery, they will lose. Get sober first, then focus on football. It's the only way it will work.
We don't know that he has an alcohol disorder. He had/has an issue with something, but unless I missed something major, we don't know if it was alcohol or drugs or anger issues or....
I am all up and down the Manziel thread saying that all the "alcoholic" talk is sort of out of line considering how serious alcoholism actually is, and how I do not think the dude is an alcoholic based on what we know of him just being an idiot.........................but come on man. At the very least he has an irresponsible drinking problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Johnny Manziel gets to Dallas...so smart of him to Jackass his way out of Cleveland...where QBs die. He basically used his reputation to force the Browns hand without suffering the consquences that Carson Palmer did when he demanded a trade from Cincy, but had to sit out for over a year because Cincy wouldn't release or trade him.

Romo's back is going to last much longer and his game is very similar to what Johnny wants his to be.

Johnny as America's team's QB...that's must watch TV.

If Johnny Manziel gets to Dallas...so smart of him to Jackass his way out of Cleveland...where QBs die. He basically used his reputation to force the Browns hand without suffering the consquences that Carson Palmer did when he demanded a trade from Cincy, but had to sit out for over a year because Cincy wouldn't release or trade him.

Romo's back is going to last much longer and his game is very similar to what Johnny wants his to be.

Please no

as dumb as Jerry Jones is, it won't take him long to realize Manziel is as bad on the football field as he is with his life.

JuniorNB said:
matuski said:
pantherclub said:
matuski said:
Gandalf said:

Considering he is drinking in public, I am actually assuming (ASSUMING) his rehab stint was for something else, like drugs. :shrug:
Could be, just seems a little off base to make these claims as fact until we know one way or the other.

Hate seems to lower the bar when it comes to sticking to the facts. In this case, it is even more odd considering you really don't need anything beyond the known facts to criticize him.

JuniorNB said:
matuski said:
pantherclub said:
matuski said:
Gandalf said:

Could be, just seems a little off base to make these claims as fact until we know one way or the other.

Hate seems to lower the bar when it comes to sticking to the facts. In this case, it is even more odd considering you really don't need anything beyond the known facts to criticize him.
I see you are trolling again.

JuniorNB said:
matuski said:
pantherclub said:
matuski said:
Gandalf said:

Not sure what this would be trolling.. pretty clear I am not defending Manziel at all here. Just asking for a source for the claims about his rehab. Seems simple enough to me.

Anything short of calling for a lynching is trolling apparently. :lol:

SaintsInDome2006 said:
JuniorNB said:
matuski said:
pantherclub said:
matuski said:
Gandalf said:

Not sure what this would be trolling.. pretty clear I am not defending Manziel at all here. Just asking for a source for the claims about his rehab. Seems simple enough to me.

What other reasons are there for rehab? Maybe he was a shopaholic?
Feel free to read the last few posts before entering the conversation. :thumbup:

JuniorNB said:
matuski said:
pantherclub said:
matuski said:
Gandalf said:

so you really think he wasn't in rehab for alcohol? and yes...you are trolling...you enjoy doing it. You even said it could be something other than alcohol or drugs despite the fact he went to a facility that treats alcohol and drug addiction.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
JuniorNB said:
matuski said:
pantherclub said:
matuski said:
Gandalf said:

Feel free to read the last few posts before entering the conversation. :thumbup:
Yeah I just deleted my post and was going to respond to your earlier comment.

You left it off at:

• alcohol
  • drugs
  • "anger issues" (er, doubtful, but ok)
Any other possibilities?

Circle the wagons boys.. someone dared to note that we don't know why he is in rehab! :lmao:

SaintsInDome2006 said:
JuniorNB said:
matuski said:
pantherclub said:
matuski said:
Gandalf said:

you look like a complete ###

Circle the wagons boys.. someone dared to note that we don't know why he is in rehab! :lmao:
Actually you left it at three possibilities, and one of them is pretty doubtful. The other two were drugs and alcohol. Soooo.....
I will put you on the list with the others... please cite a source that allows you to make a factual claim regarding his rehab.

Actually you left it at three possibilities, and one of them is pretty doubtful. The other two were drugs and alcohol. Soooo.....
I will put you on the list with the others... please cite a source that allows you to make a factual claim regarding his rehab.
Mat I just linked your own claim. Do you want to retract it?

I think Johnny went to rehab because he thought it would make him look better in the eyes of the league and also the Browns, maybe fans also. As in, it's better to look like you have a problem rather than looking like a complete idiot.

Whether or not he has any sort of actual drug/alcohol addiction, who knows. But I think that is why he went.

No sources? Not one?

I think Johnny went to rehab because he thought it would make him look better in the eyes of the league and also the Browns, maybe fans also. As in, it's better to look like you have a problem rather than looking like a complete idiot.

Whether or not he has any sort of actual drug/alcohol addiction, who knows. But I think that is why he went.
yes...he knows how to act to make himself look better to the league :lmao:

Manziel has entered a treatment program for unspecified reasons, an adviser for the Browns quarterback said in a statement released by the team on Monday.
Unspecified.

Now we can all stop acting like we know. :thumbup:

No sources? Not one?
What are you even trying to say? Rather than suffer through 10 pages of trash on here, do me a quick favor and sum up your thoughts real quick about this.

yes...he knows how to act to make himself look better to the league :lmao:
I never said it was HIS idea. Not sure I want to give him that much credit. Was he FORCED to go?

No sources? Not one?
What are you even trying to say? Rather than suffer through 10 pages of trash on here, do me a quick favor and sum up your thoughts real quick about this.
He is being an ###.....he enjoys doing that. He has no common sense.

No sources? Not one?
We don't know what he was in rehab for. That is it.

Doesn't seem like something that would rile people up so much, does it?

All that is necessary to refute my observation would be for someone to provide the source that allows them to make a factual claim regarding the reason for his rehab.

Until then, I don't really get all the angry over this. :shrug:

All that is necessary to refute my observation would be for someone to provide the source that allows them to make a factual claim regarding the reason for his rehab.

Who's angry? The only people you might perceive as angry are the people arguing with your nonsensical form of communication.

Possible Teams for Johnny ManzielWith Johnny Manziel apparently not succeeding in his most recent, and most likely final, audition to be the Cleveland Browns starting quarterback, it is probable that he will be on the move. But a player with the off the field and on the field issues of Manziel may not have his choice of teams to play for. So the question is, where would Manziel fit?

San Francisco 49ers

The 49ers struggled with a lot of things last year, one of which was the quarterback position. Colin Kaepernick struggled all year, and is most likely not returning, and Blaine Gabbert didn’t do a whole lot better. San Francisco will most likely run a run heavy offense for the foreseeable future, which could be good for Manziel since he is known to be a mobile-style quarterback. San Francisco could also be good place for Manziel because it is an organization that is getting a fresh start and he could be a good project for them to build around, seeing as he needs a fresh start. Manziel is a guy who’s off the field issues have gotten in the way of his obvious athletic abilities on the field, so it is unknown how the transition from Cleveland to San Francisco would work out for him, but the change of scenery may be exactly what he needs to get back on the right track.

https://primetimesportswithmikeandjonblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/07/possible-teams-for-johnny-manziel/

- I'll throw out that the 9ers could be interested. Kelly took in Tebow, Kaep may move on and every team needs a project QB. Not to mention between Kaep, Gabbert there isn't a big block there anyway, including at backup.

This has got to be a running gag.
Is it really so hard to imagine this guy could have been in rehab for a drug addiction?

Heck drugs would be my first guess. :shrug:

matuski said:
pantherclub said:
matuski said:
Gandalf said:

I have no idea what he was in rehab for, also, but you do know that about 80%-90% of alcoholics who get sober relapse at some point? So I have no idea why him drinking in public makes you think his rehab was for something other than alcohol.

I thought people who enter into substance abuse programs are supposed to refrain from using any substance?

It seems less likely that it was for alcohol though because of him posting videos drinking with friends and family. Based on the report of being discovered with a rolled up bill in Vegas, I'd put money on the coke side.

Regardless, he's got impulse and maturity issues. I actually think he'd do alright in Dallas though, Jerry would hire babysitters like he did with Dez.

dhockster said:

I have no idea what he was in rehab for, also, but you do know that about 80%-90% of alcoholics who get sober relapse at some point? So I have no idea why him drinking in public makes you think his rehab was for something other than alcohol.
As I've acknowledged several times over - could be. Of course... I still don't see anyone able to confirm one way or the other.

dhockster said:

When he got pulled over with his girlfriend and was not charged. they claimed they had one or two, which had to be true for him not to be charged. I got news for you. Alcoholics don't just have one or two, they don't stop with one or two, they keep drinking!

dhockster said:

As I've acknowledged several times over - could be. Of course... I still don't see anyone able to confirm one way or the other.
It's common sense. If it was alcohol the narrative would be "Johnny relapses".

Users who are viewing this thread