Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'

Faust

If Johnny Manziel gets to Dallas...so smart of him to Jackass his way out of Cleveland...where QBs die. He basically used his reputation to force the Browns hand without suffering the consquences that Carson Palmer did when he demanded a trade from Cincy, but had to sit out for over a year because Cincy wouldn't release or trade him.

Romo's back is going to last much longer and his game is very similar to what Johnny wants his to be.

Johnny as America's team's QB...that's must watch TV.

I think they'll bring in RGIII first

If Johnny Manziel gets to Dallas...so smart of him to Jackass his way out of Cleveland...where QBs die. He basically used his reputation to force the Browns hand without suffering the consquences that Carson Palmer did when he demanded a trade from Cincy, but had to sit out for over a year because Cincy wouldn't release or trade him.

Romo's back is going to last much longer and his game is very similar to what Johnny wants his to be.

Johnny as America's team's QB...that's must watch TV.

I think they'll bring in RGIII first
haha. Got to love TripItUp acting like Manziel was intentionally being an idiot to get out of Cleveland. First off, it's not an act. Manziel truly is an idiot. Secondly, how is it to his advantage to screw it up on one of the very few teams he has enough talent to play for?

George Gojkovich / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Report: Police called after altercation between Manziel, girlfriend

David P. WoodsJan 30 2016, 10:44 AM

Fort Worth police were called to the scene after Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel and his girlfriend had an altercation early Saturday morning, Omar Villafranca of CBS News reports.

Manziel was questioned by police but no arrests were made.

More to come.

Free agent QB market is not so good after the obvious re-signing's of the top 4.

Once S Bradford, R Fitzpatrick, B Osweiler and K Cousin are wrapped up the

market is R GIII then backups and retreads.

There will be 5-7 free agent QBs on the market better than Manziel in just about every way imaginable.

George Gojkovich / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Report: Police called after altercation between Manziel, girlfriend

David P. WoodsJan 30 2016, 10:44 AM

Fort Worth police were called to the scene after Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel and his girlfriend had an altercation early Saturday morning, Omar Villafranca of CBS News reports.

Manziel was questioned by police but no arrests were made.

More to come.

I feel like I'm in the Manning HGH thread, and someone is recycling another story from a month ago to fill the slow-news period...

Only this time it's the event that got repeated, not just the story about it.

This guy is gold... Too bad he won't be in the league next year

:goodposting:

I thought he showed enough ON THE FIELD in his starts to be a backup somewhere. However, I think he's going to hear 1) from league office with a suspension and 2) crickets amongst other teams until he can straighten his life out (and even then he's probably looking at camp invite to compete as backup at best...in 2017.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

Free agent QB market is not so good after the obvious re-signing's of the top 4.

There will be 5-7 free agent QBs on the market better than Manziel in just about every way imaginable.

with the exception of upside of course

Yeah, upside.

As in: Hey, did Johnny Football smack his woman UPSIDE the head???

LOL Maybe if he was still at A&M

this kid really does have a lot of potential.

he just needs to stay focused.

could be the most epic flame-out ever.

He's got a ways to go before reaching the rarefied QB air of the Leafs, Marinovichs and Schlichters of the NFL. In fact, statistically he has already outperformed all of them on the field.

And I am not sure Johnny will put in the hard work and film study necessary to become a bigger trainwreck than those guys off the field. Although the helicopter is a nice touch. I give him style points for that one.

Trainwreck? Definitely: flame out? No way.

He was never close to good enough to be a flame in the fist place.

Upside.

UPSIDE? Are you kidding me? His upside is a few wild plays with nothing close to redeeming enough value to make him an NFL QB - nor much resembling one.

To me, that's a bigger issue than the stupid escapades. They would be a bigger deal if he was actually good, or even viable. In that case his antics would get in the way of his talent.

Right now I think football might be getting in the way of antics. Just go reality TV and be done with it.

Right now I think football might be getting in the way of antics. Just go reality TV and be done with it.

yeah, that's what i was trying to say. if he gets focused on partying, and stops wasting time on football, he could do some really special things.

He's got a ways to go before reaching the rarefied QB air of the Leafs, Marinovichs and Schlichters of the NFL. In fact, statistically he has already outperformed all of them on the field.

And I am not sure Johnny will put in the hard work and film study necessary to become a bigger trainwreck than those guys off the field. Although the helicopter is a nice touch. I give him style points for that one.

i think he has a chance.

it's a longshot, but i'm starting to believe in his potential.

My take. When the whole "Show me the money" stick on draft night, all about the money and not football focused. NFL is a privilege to be earned not something you are entitled to. Clearly Manziel's focus was on money and not the NFL and his career. Short term focus has lead him to this path. All I can remember was him and his loser brother doing the "Show me the money" on draft night to show he was a joke.

You guys just don't get it. This is just a kid being a kid. If Twitter was around when Brett Favre was 23, he'd be considered the same as Manziel is now...

:rolleyes:

ROFL

I generally am more forgiving of "kids being kids", and I am certainly not as binary and absolute as Junior but I kind of agree with him on this one. Favre and Manziel certainly had party boy reputations and I don't begrudge Johnny for having fun with his buddies but how many times did the police question Favre in domestic abuse situations? I count two for Manziel and that I cannot abide.

I haven't read anything since that police report asking to check on his well being

He shows up at ex GFs house, in time someone calls police. We don't know anymore right?

With "verbal assault" or chick throwing his things at him after a breakup and "you gotta be crazy showing up here looking for your things" someone else suggested AS A GUESS they broke up and she claimed she was pregger.

I was not in this whole negative judgmental mindset when I read the first set of news. It sounded like oh geez that breakup went smoothly.

Another suggestion was he got drunk and showed up at his ex's....umm yeah he'd be the first

I haven't read anything since that police report asking to check on his well being

He shows up at ex GFs house, in time someone calls police. We don't know anymore right?

With "verbal assault" or chick throwing his things at him after a breakup and "you gotta be crazy showing up here looking for your things" someone else suggested AS A GUESS they broke up and she claimed she was pregger.

I was not in this whole negative judgmental mindset when I read the first set of news. It sounded like oh geez that breakup went smoothly.

Another suggestion was he got drunk and showed up at his ex's....umm yeah he'd be the first

ummmm......ok

People making excuses for Manziel and downplaying his incidents are the very reason he's such a mess and throwing away his one shot at success. Rich daddy, all of his youth coaches and teachers...it's been his life. Entitled and no respect for authority. Petine was the first person who tried being tough on him. Obviously it was way too late.

My take. When the whole "Show me the money" stick on draft night, all about the money and not football focused. NFL is a privilege to be earned not something you are entitled to. Clearly Manziel's focus was on money and not the NFL and his career. Short term focus has lead him to this path. All I can remember was him and his loser brother doing the "Show me the money" on draft night to show he was a joke.

So you choose to completely ignore the improvement he showed in 2015 when he was still just 22 years old?

People want to hate this kid, and that's fine. But it's short sighted at best.

People making excuses for Manziel and downplaying his incidents are the very reason he's such a mess and throwing away his one shot at success. Rich daddy, all of his youth coaches and teachers...it's been his life. Entitled and no respect for authority. Petine was the first person who tried being tough on him. Obviously it was way too late.

Clearly he's got a lot of growing up to do, but as a 22 year old he worked harder than most in this forum.

Criticism is over the top IMHO.

Clearly he's got a lot of growing up to do, but as a 22 year old he worked harder than most in this forum.

I'd be really interested to hear what makes you say this?
my guess is that this profile is less than a year old and will probably be abandoned as soon as Manziel is out of the league next year.

By many accounts in the Browns organization, Manziel had excellent work ethic for most of the year. That means he worked his but off.

I can provide links if a few in this thread have conveniently forgotten the work ethic Johnny demonstrated this past season, although I know it really won't matter. Haters gonna hate.

my guess is that this profile is less than a year old and will probably be abandoned as soon as Manziel is out of the league next year.

I'm gonna go ahead and get this post in quotes so you can't delete it in 8 months.

By many accounts in the Browns organization, Manziel had excellent work ethic for most of the year. That means he worked his but off.

I can provide links if a few in this thread have conveniently forgotten the work ethic Johnny demonstrated this past season, although I know it really won't matter. Haters gonna hate.

Are you his little "Show me the money" brother? Work ethic is good but his off field crap is a major concern and will follow him... I have been a Manziel want a be but I see a huge lack of character of wanting to shed this whole cloud over his head. Seems trying to be the best takes a back seat for him. Johnny welcome to the Leaf & J. Russel support group. Remember when Favre got his shot at starting he was the total of "focus" on keeping the starting spot.

Edited by towney

I'm gonna go ahead and get this post in quotes so you can't delete it in 8 months.

He showed some improvement over a horrible rookie season but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Particularly in light of his inability to stay out of the spotlight off the field.

• Faust changed the title to Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'