Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'

Faust

Clearly he's got a lot of growing up to do, but as a 22 year old he worked harder than most in this forum.

I'd be really interested to hear what makes you say this?
my guess is that this profile is less than a year old and will probably be abandoned as soon as Manziel is out of the league next year.

I'm gonna go ahead and get this post in quotes so you can't delete it in 8 months.

thanks.

Clearly he's got a lot of growing up to do, but as a 22 year old he worked harder than most in this forum.

By many accounts in the Browns organization, Manziel had excellent work ethic for most of the year. That means he worked his but off.

I can provide links if a few in this thread have conveniently forgotten the work ethic Johnny demonstrated this past season, although I know it really won't matter. Haters gonna hate.

But they appear ready to move on though.

my guess is that this profile is less than a year old and will probably be abandoned as soon as Manziel is out of the league next year.

I'm gonna go ahead and get this post in quotes so you can't delete it in 8 months.

There are simply no words left at this point to describe how unbelievably juvenile and ridiculous you are acting.

Someone mentioned Marinovich further up, and of course Russell has been discussed, Leaf too. Maybe those comparisons aren't perfect in terms of personality or their various problems, but all those guys had big athleticism, big arms which made GMs drool. I wonder how they would have been with their head straight and no bad habits. - Manziel has obvious athletic talent but I am not sure he was ever a legit first rounder just based on talent, size, measurables. With Dallas maybe out of the picture from that last report, it's really hard to see how Manziel lands anywhere. There are teams who definitely would sign him as a backup or project and to challenge the starter just based on skill but who wants a guy like that in their local headlines?

What is the most likely time frame that Cleveland would cut him? Just before the draft or just after?

Someone mentioned Marinovich further up, and of course Russell has been discussed, Leaf too. Maybe those comparisons aren't perfect in terms of personality or their various problems, but all those guys had big athleticism, big arms which made GMs drool. I wonder how they would have been with their head straight and no bad habits. - Manziel has obvious athletic talent but I am not sure he was ever a legit first rounder just based on talent, size, measurables. With Dallas maybe out of the picture from that last report, it's really hard to see how Manziel lands anywhere. There are teams who definitely would sign him as a backup or project and to challenge the starter just based on skill but who wants a guy like that in their local headlines?

What is the most likely time frame that Cleveland would cut him? Just before the draft or just after?

There's really no rush, so I imagine they'll hold on to him just hoping against hope that some team may offer a late round pick for him. Unless this latest assault allegation turns out to be worse than we know. Then they might just cut their losses altogether.

Since he really has no value now, it may be best for them to hold him and let him go through training camp to hopefully increase his value for a trade.

People making excuses for Manziel and downplaying his incidents are the very reason he's such a mess and throwing away his one shot at success. Rich daddy, all of his youth coaches and teachers...it's been his life. Entitled and no respect for authority. Petine was the first person who tried being tough on him. Obviously it was way too late.

No it's not

He is not out committing crimes and being the usual thug type NFLer we are accustomed to.

He's doing typical frat boy stuff.

In college, like 8 bazillion kids before he needed $ so he signed some memorabilia for cash and got caught.

He exits college with a drinking prob, he's the first ever with that.

He's financially loaded and his season is over so he wants to blow some $ and have some fun in vegas OMG

He shows up at his ex's house in the middle of the night and somehow someway something happens where no one is hurt and she questions his sanity ummm yeah he's the first with that too.

He grew up a star in a state where high school football is unlike anything most of this country have ever seen. Millions knew his name at 14 or 15.

He is an immature jerkwad that needs to grow way the up but he isn't greg hardy and he isn't pacman jones. Unless you are some gorgeous blonde he probably learned to ignore you at 16, so quit it with the psychological enabling garbage. Do you seriously think you or anyone on these boards impacts his day to day decision making?

He roomed with his HS coach. He grew up some last offseason. He's 22 going on 19. He is not some 35 year old franchise QB.

Did you go to college? Or maybe your friends? You can't tell me you can't relate to much of this as "idiot frat boy" rather than "criminal." Cmon.

He is stiffler

By many accounts in the Browns organization, Manziel had excellent work ethic for most of the year. That means he worked his but off.

I can provide links if a few in this thread have conveniently forgotten the work ethic Johnny demonstrated this past season, although I know it really won't matter. Haters gonna hate.

Dunno why people would ignore some blurbs about work ethic. How could we forget??

Maybe it was Vegas disguises, and helicopter searches. Maybe that was it.

Really tho, if you are clinging to some people talking about work ethic months ago, time to re-think. The guy ditched the team, and went to Vegas. That's actually shocking, how unprofessional that is.

By the way, you dramatically overrate the upside, and improvement. Of course he improved, his rookie year he looked like an equipment manager playing QB, of COURSE he improved.

Dunno why people would ignore some blurbs about work ethic. How could we forget??

Really tho, if you are clinging to some people talking about work ethic months ago, time to re-think. The guy ditched the team, and went to Vegas. That's actually shocking, how unprofessional that is.

By the way, you dramatically overrate the upside, and improvement. Of course he improved, his rookie year he looked like an equipment manager playing QB, of COURSE he improved.

His season as a player was over.

The day before the last game, he went to vegas.

Bad teammate move, maybe, but he was available for the game to support his team.

Doesn't change a thing about how hard he did or didn't work during preseason or in-season. One isn't the other

In college, like 8 bazillion kids before he needed $ so he signed some memorabilia for cash and got caught.

No, he didn't. That's what makes it so stupid.

It's usually about 'how many times can I ask my parents for cash' not how much the parents do or don't have.

The girls in some of the pictures....they could talk a lot of us into spending money on them ffffast. Nice dinner? Sure! Oh you like that necklace?

You usually can't be that guy in college or if you are, you're broke fast.

And for all I know his parents gave him 100k each year and you're right and he had 65k in the bank ready to have a great weekend.

Maybe he just thought "how cool is this? Someone wants to pay for my autograph!"

Not the best move, I agree

Bad teammate move, maybe, but he was available for the game to support his team.

Doesn't change a thing about how hard he did or didn't work during preseason or in-season. One isn't the other

He WAS available for the game to support his team? Wasn't he MIA for like 48-72 hours?

People making excuses for Manziel and downplaying his incidents are the very reason he's such a mess and throwing away his one shot at success. Rich daddy, all of his youth coaches and teachers...it's been his life. Entitled and no respect for authority. Petine was the first person who tried being tough on him. Obviously it was way too late.

He is an immature jerkwad that needs to grow way the up but he isn't greg hardy and he isn't pacman jones. Unless you are some gorgeous blonde he probably learned to ignore you at 16, so quit it with the psychological enabling garbage. Do you seriously think you or anyone on these boards impacts his day to day decision making?

He roomed with his HS coach. He grew up some last offseason. He's 22 going on 19. He is not some 35 year old franchise QB.

Did you go to college? Or maybe your friends? You can't tell me you can't relate to much of this as "idiot frat boy" rather than "criminal." Cmon.

He is stiffler

:yes:

It doesn't change it, you're right. It invalidates it.

My point was: comments about him 'working hard' seem quite pointless when all the other nonsense is factored in.

No it's not

He is not out committing crimes and being the usual thug type NFLer we are accustomed to.

He's financially loaded and his season is over so he wants to blow some $ and have some fun in vegas OMG

He shows up at his ex's house in the middle of the night and somehow someway something happens where no one is hurt and she questions his sanity ummm yeah he's the first with that too.

He grew up a star in a state where high school football is unlike anything most of this country have ever seen. Millions knew his name at 14 or 15.

He is stiffler

While some of what you wrote is true, the end is silly. Manziel has been out of college for 2 years. He cannot act like a frat boy and be a NFL QB. That ship sailed in the 70s or 80s. And, while many of us can relate to the frat boy antics, we can relate to it from when were actually frat boys, not after graduating college with real jobs.

No it's not

He is stiffler

While some of what you wrote is true, the end is silly. Manziel has been out of college for 2 years. He cannot act like a frat boy and be a NFL QB. That ship sailed in the 70s or 80s. And, while many of us can relate to the frat boy antics, we can relate to it from when were actually frat boys, not after graduating college with real jobs.

Exactly. He's snorting coke and lying to his coaches. And possibly assaulting women. These things aren't just typical college behavior.

No it's not

He is stiffler

Exactly. He's snorting coke and lying to his coaches. And possibly assaulting women. These things aren't just typical college behavior.

This. He's graduated and has a "real" job. If I acted like him and came to work drunk or missed mandatory meetings I'd be fired, no matter the age. If I was in a high profile, highly paid public position you can bet my contract would stipulate a lot of behavior limits or else I'd be fired. It's standard practice.

By the time he was Manziel's age my father had already done two tours in Vietnam and my Grandfather had fought the Japanese in WW2.

"Oh poor Johnny, he's so young and just a party boy, that's what they do". Give me a break.

Edited by bonscott

No it's not

He is stiffler

This. He's graduated and has a "real" job. If I acted like him and came to work drunk or missed mandatory meetings I'd be fired, no matter the age. If I was in a high profile, highly paid public position you can bet my contract would stipulate a lot of behavior limits or else I'd be fired. It's standard practice.

By the time he was Manziel's age my father had already done two tours in Vietnam and my Grandfather had fought the Japanese in WW2.

"Oh poor Johnny, he's so young and just a party boy, that's what they do". Give me a break.

Plus, they want to compare his antics to Brett Favre. An all-time great. Manziel is barely rosterable as it is. Hasn't done a thing. If he was 1/10th the player Favre was, then maybe he could beat up the occasional chick or chop up some rails.

He WAS available for the game to support his team? Wasn't he MIA for like 48-72 hours?

Yeah it was Christmas (which means I was wrong not 2-3 days before season over that I said previously) when he went to vegas or left christmas eve returned christmas.

Jim Brown was all what player doesn't party and the coach didn't seem so much angry but like a dad whose teenager just wrecked their trust. A disgusted "had it" type reaction.

Here found it http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/johnny_manziel_enters_concussi.html

Yeah it was Christmas (which means I was wrong not 2-3 days before season over that I said previously) when he went to vegas or left christmas eve returned christmas.

Jim Brown was all what player doesn't party and the coach didn't seem so much angry but like a dad whose teenager just wrecked their trust. A disgusted "had it" type reaction.

Here found it http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/johnny_manziel_enters_concussi.html

Manziel started at KC week 16. He was concussed during/shortly after the week 16 Xmas weekend game (or he showed up to "work" drunk Tues or Wed of week 17 practice, it's all unclear). He didn't go to Vegas until after that...he didn't go to Berea Sunday Jan 3rd for concussion protocol. He was not available for his teammates on Jan 3rd. Nobody knew where he was.

No it's not

He is stiffler

You're going to need to tell us which war you fought in, Sally.

And LOL I comparing johnny football to war veterans . I think this post above sums up the hilarity that is The coverage and criticism Johnny football gets .

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Like 1

DallasDMac

Rotoworld take:

Johnny Manziel - QB - Browns

In a statement, Browns EVP of football operations Sashi Brown strongly suggested the team will cut Johnny Manziel this offseason.

"We've been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field," Brown said. "Johnny's continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization. His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules." The Browns are allowed to waive Manziel Feb. 8, but they will not have the cap room to cut him until the new league year begins March 9. Either way, Manziel has played his last snap in Cleveland.

Source: ClevelandBrowns.com

Feb 2 - 12:32 PM

Then what are they waiting for? Can they not cut him now for salary or something? They don't like the guy then get him out of your building and out of your headlines. They let this drag.

Eta: Apparently they don't have enough cap space to cut him. Have to wait till the new league year. Idiots.

Edited by Insein

A grade doesn't mean #### when a player runs himself out of the league due to his behavior,

I guess we can have that discussion when we get there...we are not remotely close to there.

if by "remotely close" you mean a season then I would agree with you. He pulls the same shenanigans on another team next year whether its Dallas or whoever then the kid is done. Kaput.

Want to take a guess at how many times you have made specific predictions on Manziel being cut over the last 2 seasons?

Are you even aware of your own history here?

how we doing here?

I really struggle with understanding how anyone would defend Manziel. What has he done to earn any respect in the NFL right now?

Nothing, but frat boys only care about beer and respect from the ladies.

He grew up some and regressed late in the year.

As he skates thru life he's getting NFL experience. He showed up some in 2015. The day he grows up (isn't it usually some embarrassing moment that triggers it?unsure why it hasn't for him) and is studying and working out and doing all the little things, then what? I think that's still a question to be answered. The immaturity almost offers a backhanded excuse toward his struggles. It's so profoundly twisted.

He is in a no matter what I do I'm wrong position with a lot of things and llllloves the spotlight. He needs to figure out how to hide and get himself together.

Ricky Williams? There was a back that was in a similar boat, couldn't do anything right and kept making dopey mistakes then went to another country.

I saw the other day he trademarked "Johnny Football." Good, probably should have right? Well if he sues he actually sues his fans and/or someone promoting him.

Johnny should go spend his offseason in costa rica or australia or idk...get out of dodge and regroup. Bring his family and just getaway, regroup, and figure things out. He's in a spot where no matter what he does he digs a hole deeper.

Maybe it's on his family? His dad needs to give him a smack upside the head? I don't know and would be uncomfy discussing family, just go get away and get yourself right Johnny

No it's not

He is stiffler

You're going to need to tell us which war you fought in, Sally.

And LOL I comparing johnny football to war veterans . I think this post above sums up the hilarity that is The coverage and criticism Johnny football gets .

Didn't, worked my way thru school with no help from parents. No wars to fight at the time.

The point is those that defend him with "oh he's just a 22 year old, they do this stuff" need to grow up about as much as he does. Most of our fathers and grandfathers were fighting wars and raising families by the time they were 22. Same with many of us. It's called being an adult which we all are at 18. Unfortunately entitled frat boys like him never want to grow up and feel like they don't have to act like a professional on the job and should be handed everything on a golden platter. So be it.

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota

Teddy Bridgewater

Blake Borttles

There's a few QBs younger than Johnny that seem to have grown up. If he cannot it just means he is not ready to be an NFL QB. That job comes with expectations that he is not mature enough to meet.

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota

Teddy Bridgewater

Blake Borttles

There's a few QBs younger than Johnny that seem to have grown up. If he cannot it just means he is not ready to be an NFL QB. That job comes with expectations that he is not mature enough to meet.

But does Jerry Jones think that? You know he is going to be the Cowboys back-up. And i am sure you are very excited about it.

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota

Teddy Bridgewater

Blake Borttles

But does Jerry Jones think that? You know he is going to be the Cowboys back-up. And i am sure you are very excited about it.

[sarcasm]thrilled[/sarcasm]

I actually would rather have RG3

Then what are they waiting for? Can they not cut him now for salary or something? They don't like the guy then get him out of your building and out of your headlines. They let this drag.

Eta: Apparently they don't have enough cap space to cut him. Have to wait till the new league year. Idiots.

Cleveland exercised the option to move unused cap space from 2015 to their 2016 cap. That is why they 'technically' don't have cap space available under the 2015 cap to cut him now.

If Johnny Football were black there is no way any other team would consider him. There, I said it. I don't like race baiting and I know it's a hijack but if he gets a shot somewhere else with two potential DV cases, coke nose, skipping practices because of being drunk, skipping a concussion test for Vegas, flipping off the other team, show boating, assisting his own teammate (who was way more important than him) get suspended an entire year AND having a limited skill set and being massively undersized for the position, what more can you say?

• Faust changed the title to Official Johnny Manziel Thread - participates in Fan Controlled Football: 'Feels like I'm super washed up'