What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keenan Allen, CHI (2 Viewers)

I was expecting no practice till Friday and then a questionable or GTD tag heading into the weekend. When I heard that he practiced on Wednesday, immediately re-inserted into the starting lineup with confidence.
He is playing against an angry KC D who just lost their 1st game @ one of the hardest places to play in the NFL and with a bad knee.

How in the world could you start him with confidence?

I was expecting no practice till Friday and then a questionable or GTD tag heading into the weekend. When I heard that he practiced on Wednesday, immediately re-inserted into the starting lineup with confidence.
He is playing against an angry KC D who just lost their 1st game @ one of the hardest places to play in the NFL and with a bad knee.

Have you seen what KC's D has done against #1 WRs this year? They haven't exactly shut down opposing WRs.

Have you seen what KC's D has done against #1 WRs this year? They haven't exactly shut down opposing WRs.
Plus, Eric Berry will match up on Gates all day, probably negating him quite a bit. Could mean extra looks for everyone else, including Allen.

In non-PPR, only 5/10 opposing #1 WRs have scored 10 or more FF points against them. So, they shut them down about 1/2 the time.

fCheeze said:
RBM said:
Good game already but I hope he doesn't finish with 8 catches.
Love this guy... Jus wondering why he disappears for a half each game.

He's played 2 good defenses and loving his match ups come the playoffs.
iirc, in Allen's 2 bad games since Week 5 he was injured and out for most of each game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Gordon, Hilton, and Floyd in my lineup. Was leery of a start against the KC D but it's great to see him put up big numbers again. He'll be in my lineup for the playoffs.

Great to see him bounce back....tough to sit this guy. Seemed like he did his damage early and wasnt involved much at the end...Id assume he had plenty of attention from the D by then.....only saw snippets of the game on Red Zone

I wasn't kidding. K.Allen plays better with long sleeves on. Someone let him know!!
I actually noticed that yesterday after you mentioned it before.....someone definitely needs to let him know
Yeah, he wore them v Indy that one MNF as well. It's like his sleeves are too slippery for DBs to jam, or just luck ;) .

Either way time to start the "K.Allen must wear long sleeves, gravy train!!" Where is his twitter, or agent?!

If healthy, is Allen matchup proof at this point?

Not loving the Cincy matchup this week...

Calvin, Gordon, Marshall all had good days vs CIN.

What kind of day to expect here, maybe 5/90/0?

I don't think Allen's production will be strongly tied to matchups. It will mostly be tied to how many targets he gets relative to Gates, Woodhead, and the other wideouts. San Diego still likes to spread the ball around, so he won't be in the same class as Calvin, Gordon, or Marshall. Think of him like the younger version of Colston.

I don't think Allen's production will be strongly tied to matchups. It will mostly be tied to how many targets he gets relative to Gates, Woodhead, and the other wideouts. San Diego still likes to spread the ball around, so he won't be in the same class as Calvin, Gordon, or Marshall. Think of him like the younger version of Colston.
I'll take that anyday, from a guy I grabbed off the WW.

I'd think the Mathews injury would dictate more volume in the passing game at least, right? Since Leon Hall went down, Cincy hasn't been as scary in the defensive backend.

I'd say yes. KC was supposed to be a "bad matchup" and looked what happened there.

Every wr's production is strongly tied to TARGETS. K.Allen is averaging 8.4 targets a game. I agree, that his ceiling is limited because he is not averaging >10 targets a game, but 8.4 is not bad.

However, also keep in mind that the average above includes 2 games where K.Allen did not finish the game, so his "true" target number is most likely higher than 8.4.

Regardless 8.4 is not a bad baseline.

Target range thus far: 5 --> 12.

The problem with predicting targets, and only starting K.Allen due to "matchup" is that we don't know when the targets will occur. When he faced KC, a "bad matchup," K.Allen had 12 targets, and v Den, where you think KC has to throw all game long, K.Allen had 6 targets.

I'm lookin' at 68 tgts the last 9 games at fftoday, and 67 the last 8 if you wanted to cut him a break.

67/8 = 8.4 = 134 in 16 games which is just outside top 15 last year

also, 47 catches over the last 8 = 5.9 = 94 in 16 games which ties him for 7th last year

707 yds last 8 games = 1400 over 16 which would be 5th last year

I'm not complaining for a rookie

demaryius thomas last year (3rd yr) -- 94/141 for 1442/10

dez bryant (3rd yr)-- 92/138 for 1382/12

roddy white (8th yr)-- 92/143 for 1351/7

I'm not claiming he gets put down for 94/1400/6 in his rookie year, but that's his pace over the last 8.

apparently, only one wr in nfl history has managed 90/1300/6 or better as a rookie

who am I???

edit

looks like only 3 beat 80/1000/2

Chargers pretty much have plus matchups the rest of the year when it comes to defenses being faced. Even Cinci is a shell of itself without its top CB and best All Pro D lineman.

The Chargers need to score if they want to win since the D will give up plenty of points. Coupled with having likely great weather in 4 remaining home games, fire up the Allen Train to finish off a strong rookie season.

Fun fact - it's no surprise KA has looked so pro ready this year. He was coached by Charger great WR Wes Chandler at Cal.

Chargers pretty much have plus matchups the rest of the year when it comes to defenses being faced. Even Cinci is a shell of itself without its top CB and best All Pro D lineman.

The Chargers need to score if they want to win since the D will give up plenty of points. Coupled with having likely great weather in 4 remaining home games, fire up the Allen Train to finish off a strong rookie season.

Fun fact - it's no surprise KA has looked so pro ready this year. He was coached by Charger great WR Wes Chandler at Cal.
Wow, that's pretty cool - Wes Chandler was awesome - Wes was a Saints great before he was a Chargers great - but that is really a great bit of info.

Gordon had a great week against Cincy just the week before last.

Users who are viewing this thread