Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Keenan Allen Hype Train

13 minutes ago, osubuckeyeman said:

It's a bit concerning  that he was not in the game with the game on the line. I suppose they were being careful with him and their record being what it is. 

But still. I'm a bit concerned with being sore and tightness in his back.

He was in on that int Herbert tried to force to him on the 2nd to last drive. May not be that bad.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not worried at all. Keenan Allen is about to have one of those Antonio Brown Big Ben make up games. Expect KA13 to receive a ton of looks next week and beyond. The explosion he had yesterday needed to

I like the part where he is getting lots of catches for a lot of yards and scoring touchdowns.

I don't know what qualifies as "special" and that's not a very informative claim anyway. I saw a receiver who, while lacking DeSean Jackson type top gear speed, has sufficient quickness to get adequat

41 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

He was in on that int Herbert tried to force to him on the 2nd to last drive. May not be that bad.

Just watched Lynn's brief post game presser. He said Allen has been sore the last couple weeks and we took him out. The coaching staff needs to win so not having him in speaks more to me than just being sore but it's hard to tell.  Mike Williams was having some back pain in warm ups was another comment. I'm concerned more now knowing they play on Thursday.  It seems like they also had some offensive line replacements for that last drive. If your looking at the big picture they might not put Allen into much more of harms way this season. It's going to be an interesting week to see how they approach the upcoming Raiders game. 

Keenan Allen (hamstring) returned to Chargers practice Tuesday, getting in a "limited" session. 

As did Austin Ekeler (quad). You never like to see the hamstring designation for a wideout, especially on a short week, but it certainly appears as if Allen is on track to suit up against the Raiders on Thursday. Although his yardage has fallen off in recent weeks, Allen continues to receive voluminous usage. He will remain locked in as a WR1 for the fantasy semifinals. 

Dec 15, 2020, 4:16 PM ET

11 minutes ago, need2know said:

dont know how you can sit him.  i could for mclaurin but hes been terrible.  Im going to play allen unless we hear something negative before gametime

See how today’s practice goes. Agreed, Keenans usage/targets is hard to sit. A poor mans Davante Adams. 

Short week, hammy issue, cold weather. Yikes. He’s probably ok, but if I had a better option I might not risk my playoffs on starting him tonight with a chance of an early exit, aka Davonte Parker. 

That said, he’s a PPR beast so you probably don’t have a better option. :shrug: 

Tough call. Likely your ride or die & hope for the best. I face him tonight, so I’m hoping he doesn’t go off, but I also won’t wish him ill. Bad karma and all that. 

ETA: I was stone cold sober when I typed this, I swear. Yes, the Raiders play in a dome in Nevada, not here in NCal where it's colder than a witch's [bosom]. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Short week, hammy issue, cold weather. Yikes. He’s probably ok, but if I had a better option I might not risk my playoffs on starting him tonight with a chance of an early exit, aka Davonte Parker. 

Tough call. Likely your ride or die & hope for the best. I face him tonight, so I’m hoping he doesn’t go off, but I also won’t wish him ill. Bad karma and all that. 

Tonight?  C'mon man!  With this crazy season and all the re-scheduled games, I thought I missed something & started to furiously check all my rosters to see if I had any Chargers/Raiders who I needed to get into/out of lineups and to see who had been put on the COVID list to prompt this schedule change.

😨

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Why cold weather? The game is in a dome right? Am I missing something? And of course not tonight. 

4 minutes ago, osubuckeyeman said:

Why cold weather? The game is in a dome right? Am I missing something? And of course not tonight. 

And the game is LA vs. Las Vegas. You can't possibly have missed that both are domes and on the West Coast.

4 minutes ago, osubuckeyeman said:

Because I was only on my 1st cup of coffee and must have subconsciously thought they were playing in Oakland. :coffee:

:lol: 

• Laughing 1

(RotoWire) Allen (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Thursday night's game against the Raiders after being listed as limited on Tuesday and Wednesday's practice estimates.

Analysis: The same applies to fellow wideout Mike Williams (back), as well as running back Austin Ekeler (quad). We suspect that Allen, who was out there for 57 of the Chargers' 73 snaps on offense the team's win over the Falcons this past Sunday, will be able to handle his usual role Thursday, though his Week 15 status won't be confirmed until the release of inactives approximately 90 minutes prior to Los Angeles' 8:20 ET kickoff.

(Article Link)

Such a tough call. The Chargers really not playing for anything. They pulled him when the game was on the line.  A hammy? Just feels like a bad combination.  I have Juju that I can pivot too. I'm going to be going back and forth on this in my head all day today while I work from home watching the snow fall.  I feel this is going to be one of those calls that defines the week for many Allen owner. I love to hate fantasy football. What are you Allen owners doing?

35 minutes ago, osubuckeyeman said:

Such a tough call. The Chargers really not playing for anything. They pulled him when the game was on the line.  A hammy? Just feels like a bad combination.  I have Juju that I can pivot too. I'm going to be going back and forth on this in my head all day today while I work from home watching the snow fall.  I feel this is going to be one of those calls that defines the week for many Allen owner. I love to hate fantasy football. What are you Allen owners doing?

I may play Agholor instead. I don’t know. If I had any hair, I’d be pulling it out right now.

• Like 1

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Keenan Allen (hamstring) is a "true game-time decision" for Week 15 against the Raiders.

It sounds as if both Mike Williams' (back) and Allen's statuses for Thursday Night Football are going to come down to the wire. Tyron Johnson spiked 6/55/1 on seven targets in place of Williams last week and would be in line for even more work if both Allen and the latter can't go. Jalen Guyton, albeit the lesser of the two fill-ins, would also become a deep league FLEX option against the Raiders if those aforementioned two are officially ruled out.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Dec 17, 2020, 6:49 AM ET

If Allen is active tonight, I'm starting him. He's just too good to risk leaving on the bench. 

If he's inactive, I'm dropping someone to pick up Tyron Johnson and starting him instead. Last week with Mike Williams out the majority of the game, Johnson went for 6/55/1. I see no reason why he wouldn't do just as well this week if Allen and/or Williams are out again. 

Obviously a lot of you might have better options on your bench if Allen is out. But mine are Crowder and Chark, and there's no way I'm starting either of them in the semis. 

EDIT: Schefter just reported that Williams is NOT expected to play. So I might just pick up Ty Johnson and start him over Allen anyway, in case Allen is active but hobbled.

Edited by Broncobiv
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, Broncobiv said:

If Allen is active tonight, I'm starting him. He's just too good to risk leaving on the bench. 

If he's inactive, I'm dropping someone to pick up Tyron Johnson and starting him instead. Last week with Mike Williams out the majority of the game, Johnson went for 6/86/1. I see no reason why he wouldn't do just as well this week if Allen and/or Williams are out again. 

Obviously a lot of you might have better options on your bench if Allen is out. But mine are Crowder and Chark, and there's no way I'm starting either of them in the semis. 

EDIT: Schefter just reported that Williams is NOT expected to play. So I might just pick up Ty Johnson and start him over Allen anyway, in case Allen is active but hobbled.

Haven't seen Ty Johnson play. Is he legit?

Just picked up Ty and thinking him over Antonio Brown or Chad Hansen. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Chargers are "concerned" it won't have Keenan Allen (hamstring) available for Week 15 against the Raiders.

Schefter adds that Allen is likely to be limited even if he is cleared to play. With Mike Williams (back) also expected to sit, both Tyron Johnson and Jalen Guyton will be thrust into Los Angeles' starting lineup outside of Hunter Henry. Johnson, who most recently recorded 6/55/1 off the bench for Williams in Sunday's win over the Falcons, suddenly becomes an intriguing WR2/3 play in season-long playoffs since the Raiders will be without 4-5 key starters on defense. Allen is a worrisome option who likely isn't worth risking in a must-win fantasy matchup.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Harper said:

I had Red Zone on, so only saw bits and pieces of last week's game. But they showed a number of hits catches, and of course the TD, and I just kept thinking to myself, who's this #83 guy?? 

So I don't know anything about him as a player. But he's got a great opportunity to do some damage tonight against a not-so-great D with Williams out and Allen either out or possibly limited. 

9 minutes ago, Charlie Harper said:

Struggling so bad.  Pick up Ty or play either Coutee or Agholor?

10 minutes ago, gruecd said:

Struggling so bad.  Pick up Ty or play either Coutee or Agholor?

I'd go Coutee. He's done well in the past vs IND, has the best QB, and Houston is +7.5 so they could be passing a lot.

I think LAC have actually been decent against the pass lately and Raiders are favorites so that means they'll be run heavy.

• Thanks 1

I'm in 2 semi finals, one I have Allen and the other I go against Allen. I picked up Ty Johnson in both, one to C Block my opponent who only has Beasley as a decent WR option. For my team if Allen is out I will need to decide between Ty and Pittman as my flex. 

I have to start two of the following:  Keenan Allen, Ty Johnson, Coutee, Brandin Cooks.  At this point, I am leaning towards sitting Allen, start Ty, and then starting Coutee or Cooks....

I really hope we learn Allen is fine in pre-game and ready for a full load...  He is soooo good.  At a minimum I hope he plays and draws coverage off of Ty Johnson

2 hours ago, Charlie Harper said:

I'd go Coutee. He's done well in the past vs IND, has the best QB, and Houston is +7.5 so they could be passing a lot.

I think LAC have actually been decent against the pass lately and Raiders are favorites so that means they'll be run heavy.

?  Ty is on the Chargers

So annoying this is happening but it’s FF so whatever. I’m hoping he is inactive and will start Diontae instead but if Keenan is active he will be my WR2. So the moral of the post is start Diontae if Keenan is playing bc it’ll def bite me in the ###. 

I think I've settled on starting Ty even if Allen is active. With no Mike Williams, Ty will have the same opportunities as last week, and possibly even more if Allen is limited. They both had very similar stat lines last week when Allen was fully healthy, so that's why I'm rolling with Ty tonight regardless. 

42 minutes ago, Broncobiv said:

I think I've settled on starting Ty even if Allen is active. With no Mike Williams, Ty will have the same opportunities as last week, and possibly even more if Allen is limited. They both had very similar stat lines last week when Allen was fully healthy, so that's why I'm rolling with Ty tonight regardless. 

This is interesting and an option I am stuck on.  Figure if Allen plays but is slowed, at least he draws good coverage away.  If both Allen and William are out, I am not sure Ty is as attractive a start as the best receiver for LAC.

1 minute ago, ramsfan said:

This is interesting and an option I am stuck on.  Figure if Allen plays but is slowed, at least he draws good coverage away.  If both Allen and William are out, I am not sure Ty is as attractive a start as the best receiver for LAC.

LV also has 4 defensive starters out for this game. Per Adam Schefter: DE Clelin Ferrell, S Johnathan Abram, CB Damon Annette and LB Nicholas Morrow all have been ruled out.

• Like 1