Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Keenan Allen Hype Train

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not worried at all. Keenan Allen is about to have one of those Antonio Brown Big Ben make up games. Expect KA13 to receive a ton of looks next week and beyond. The explosion he had yesterday needed to

I like the part where he is getting lots of catches for a lot of yards and scoring touchdowns.

I don't know what qualifies as "special" and that's not a very informative claim anyway. I saw a receiver who, while lacking DeSean Jackson type top gear speed, has sufficient quickness to get adequat

Harsh reminder not to play guys in this position.    But man its tempting and there were signs he was going to be ok in this game

Edited by need2know
6 hours ago, gruecd said:

Pls elaborate 

Allen when nicked is useless. I’ve been at games where he’ll just pull up, no contact, go to the sidelines, and be hardly seen again. For the following weeks he’s a shell. And it’s not Julio like hammy pulls either where it’s obvious. I guess if he’s your #1 and he’s active you play him, but I expected nothing tonight. Matter of fact started T Johnson with confidence. Was going to be Henry, Johnson and Guyton. Felt that way before the game. 

Keenan Allen caught 1-of-3 targets for 17 yards in the Chargers' Week 15 win over the Raiders. 

Allen "added" one rush for -1 yards. "Pitch count" worries came to fruition, with Pro Football Focus' Nathan Jahnke charting Allen as playing just 24-of-66 snaps in the overtime victory. Allen was noticeably hobbled. He nearly saved his night with an end zone target, but he and Justin Herbert could not connect on third-and-goal. Brutal, but as long as Allen avoided setbacks, he now has 10 days to get closer to 100 percent health for Week 16 against the Broncos' injured secondary. 

SOURCE: Nathan Jahnke on Twitter 

Dec 18, 2020, 12:16 AM ET

Keenan Allen (hamstring) was held out of Tuesday's practice. 

It's not a great start to Allen's Week 16 following last Thursday's debacle, but Allen was never going to practice much this week. There have not been reports of him suffering a setback against the Raiders. Allen will be on 10 days rest when the Bolts host the Broncos on Sunday. There is still time for Allen to get his way back into the WR1 mix for the fantasy finals. 

Dec 22, 2020, 3:26 PM ET

4 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

If he’s not practicing in full by Friday there’s no way I’m starting him in the Super Bowl. 

But what if he practices but is on a "snap count" like last week? At least Lynn was upfront about it, so if he says something similar this week, gotta bench Allen. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Broncobiv said:

But what if he practices but is on a "snap count" like last week? At least Lynn was upfront about it, so if he says something similar this week, gotta bench Allen. 

If he practices in full I don’t imagine he would be. But yeah, partial practices no way I risk it. 

I had a Monday night miracle and won by .6 but let me tell you Allen about sunk me in both my leagues of record.  I survived  the one league and sunk in the other but have to think I'll be more cautious this week. Just have to monitor his practice participation but this is why I hate having star players from teams that have nothing to play for even if he has a little soreness why play him if you are the Chargers?

I'm also an Allen survivor, thanks much in part to Waller the (absolute) Baller and Jonathan Taylor. I'm in agreement with what others have recently stated; if Keenan's not practicing fully by Friday, I'm out. The Chargers have too many playmakers and too little left to play for to push their star receiver on the field. 

Keen Allen (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday. 

That makes two missed practices in a row for Allen, who was limited in Week 15 against the Raiders. He'll have ten days between games before Sunday's matchup with Denver, but he remains iffy. Allen will need to practice Thursday and Friday to have a decent shot to play this week. Even then, the team could limit his snaps, creating another headache for fantasy managers. Tyron Johnson and Hunter Henry would benefit from Allen being out or limited. 

RELATED: 

Tyron Johnson

, Hunter Henry

SOURCE: Daniel Popper on Twitter

Dec 23, 2020, 5:17 PM ET

Keenan Allen (hamstring) is questionable for Week 16 against the Broncos.

It’s an encouraging sign that Allen returned to practice (albeit on a limited basis) on Friday. He’ll at least be 10 days removed from his frustrating 24-snap letdown in primetime in Week 15 and, barring any reports that state otherwise, should be viable as a high-floor WR2. Monitoring the tea leaves beforehand will be crucial since coach Anthony Lynn could discuss limiting Allen yet again in the next 48 hours.

SOURCE: Los Angeles Chargers on Twitter

Dec 25, 2020, 4:17 PM ET

Still not sure what to do with Allen tomorrow. If Lynn comes out and says he's going to be on a snap count, like he did last week, gotta bench the guy. But if reports are that he's not going to be limited at all? It'll be tough to bench him. 

My best alternative is Crowder in a full PPR. So while he's not the greatest option, I can still probably hope for around 10 points if he doesn't get a TD, if I choose to bench Allen. 

Edited by Broncobiv
1 hour ago, Broncobiv said:

Still not sure what to do with Allen tomorrow. If Lynn comes out and says he's going to be on a snap count, like he did last week, gotta bench the guy. But if reports are that he's not going to be limited at all? It'll be tough to bench him. 

My best alternative is Crowder in a full PPR. So while he's not the greatest option, I can still probably hope for around 10 points if he doesn't get a TD, if I choose to bench Allen. 

Having similar thoughts here.  I don't like it but I'm leaning towards benching Keenan for Russell Gage, who has been solid these past 3 weeks.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Chargers WR Keenan Allen (hamstring) has a chance to play in Week 16 against the Broncos.

Rapsheet added that Allen is pushing to play and remains a game-time decision. If his situation is anything like last week (which Rapoport says it is), it will be impossible to trust Allen as a fantasy option this week. He played just 24 snaps and caught one pass last week while acting mostly as a decoy. The mixed reports on his status only add to the uncertainty surrounding his health for Week 16. Desperate fantasy managers can try trotting out Allen for the chance that he is actually healthy but the risk simply doesn't seem worth the reward in playing him.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 27, 2020, 8:20 AM ET

Earlier today:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Chargers WR Keenan Allen (hamstring) is not expected to play in Week 16 against the Broncos. 

Allen was used primarily as a decoy last week. He saw just three targets and only played 24 snaps. Both were lows for him dating back to Week 5 when he left with a back injury. The Chargers have been out of playoff contention for a few weeks and Allen just signed a massive extension with LA this offseason. Having invested a lot in their star receiver, it doesn't make much sense for the Chargers to let him play through this hamstring injury in a meaningless game. Allen will close out his 2020 campaign in a shootout versus the Chiefs next week if the extra rest gets him healthy enough to suit up. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 27, 2020, 12:43 AM ET

• Like 1

Chargers placed WR Keenan Allen on the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

Allen's hamstring injury already had him doubtful for Sunday's finale against the Chiefs. He will now officially head into the offseason having barely played in Week 15 and missing the final two contests. The 28-year-old was having one of his finest seasons in Justin Herbert's rookie campaign before going down, corralling 100 passes for 992 yards and eight touchdowns. He will fall five catches shy of a new career high and eight yards short of his fifth 1K campaign, including fourth straight. The Chargers thought Herbert was targeting his slot blanket too much, but it will undoubtedly remain a theme for 2021, keeping Allen locked in as a top-18, and likely higher, option at wideout. Allen is signed with Los Angeles through 2024 after re-upping in September. 

Dec 31, 2020, 4:41 PM ET