What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Anderson (2 Viewers)

Definitely keeping my eye on him. I did pick him up but then dropped him for Brown when the Ballard injury surfaced. It's still way early in the season and Ball/Hillman may end up performing to expectation but this might be a diamond in the rough that nobody is paying attention to.

The Audible crew certainly seems to love him, but they can be pretty excitable sometimes. Stashing him anyway just in case.

Gotta think he'll be a healthy scratch until one of the other three gets hurt or murders a guy in a field a mile from his house. No harm in grabbing in dynasty if you don't believe in Ball, but he's the flyeriest of end-of-bench flyers in any other format.

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
The Audible crew certainly seems to love him, but they can be pretty excitable sometimes. Stashing him anyway just in case.
without those guys.. I think a lot of people would hardly know who CJ is..

I think they might be a little too jazzed up about him but they are closer to the situation then me.

I think the potential is there for CJ, just not this year unless your in a super deep league where you can keep a flyer on him. Even still would you feel comfortable playing CJ in week 12 during you FFGC playoff game?

Hillman's a fumble away from the doghouse. Moreno's servicable, but nothing special, and injury prone. Ball's just terrible (should've drafted Lacy). CJ seems to have a golden opportunity. I'm in

One game in and the Broncos are writing off Ball. :lol: . 95% of FF experts know no more then the posters here. They just have a bigger forum/ more exposure to prove it.
Obviously the Bronco's have a lot invested in Ball. I honestly don't know much about CJ - but I hardly knew who this Arian Foster guy was and because I had the two guys ahead of him said, what the hell, he's getting some good buzz (this was very early in the summer prior to his breakout).

Sometimes you need to get lucky, but as lotto says, you gotta be in it to win it. This is a job that is clearly in the air. Ball has not overwhelmed and is not Doug Martin or AP, certainly not at this point. It's a great offense with a good coach.

If you have space, more in a dynasty obviously, it is worth a shot. But, its a LONG shot.
I'll never forget the day many years ago that fftoday had this guy named "Chad Johnson" way up the WR list that week.....nobody in my league ever heard of him. Rest is history.
How could nobody have heard of the 36th pick in the draft?

would any of you in the know drop Stepfan Taylor for him or is it too soon. both kinda in the same situation except Denver is awesome and Arizona is just above meh :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver Broncos RB C.J. Anderson (knee) was limited in practice Friday, Sept. 13, and is doubtful for Week 2.

One game in and the Broncos are writing off Ball. :lol: . 95% of FF experts know no more then the posters here. They just have a bigger forum/ more exposure to prove it.
Obviously the Bronco's have a lot invested in Ball. I honestly don't know much about CJ - but I hardly knew who this Arian Foster guy was and because I had the two guys ahead of him said, what the hell, he's getting some good buzz (this was very early in the summer prior to his breakout).

Sometimes you need to get lucky, but as lotto says, you gotta be in it to win it. This is a job that is clearly in the air. Ball has not overwhelmed and is not Doug Martin or AP, certainly not at this point. It's a great offense with a good coach.

If you have space, more in a dynasty obviously, it is worth a shot. But, its a LONG shot.
I'll never forget the day many years ago that fftoday had this guy named "Chad Johnson" way up the WR list that week.....nobody in my league ever heard of him. Rest is history.
How could nobody have heard of the 36th pick in the draft?
:rolleyes: SCT is one of the very finest posters on this board today. Don't you dare doubt him again.

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
He looked good in limited opportunity. To keep a undrafted injured rookie on the 53man roster and cut a useful swiss army knife in lance ball has to mean something. Cecil was crazy for Julius Thomas years ago and injury stunted his ascension. He was also crazy for Jeremiah Johnson and admittedly says cj is much better. Cj is worth a look

Maybe a tad harsh. He hasn't shown much thus far. From training camp reports, Pre-season, and week 1, not trusted in pass pro, short yardage/goal line work has been lackluster. The door has been left open for somebody to take that job if he doesn't improve IMO
Yeah, terrible may have been slightly overstated, but I wasn't a huge fan of Ball pre-draft, and despite the golden opportunity situation I own him nowhere, so I've stuck with what my eyes tell me. That Wisconsin system produces great numbers, but his measurables are very mediocre, which doesn't portend great things. Add to that the pass protection deficiencies, which reasonably took Hillman nearly a year to learn, and I'm just not high on Ball.

Now, the opportunity for CJ in the short term, in my mind, is that short yardage role where Ball hasn't exactly grabbed the bull by the horns. Everyone high on Ball was high on the redone carries, so if CJ only gets that role, there's still substantial value.

Full disclosure, I'm in for dynasty and monitoring in redraft, but I'm high on the kid. We'll see how it plays out, but I'm using Moreno in my 16-teamer with CJ as his pseudo handcuff on the bench. May be the cheapest RB2 production I've ever acquired.

without those guys.. I think a lot of people would hardly know who CJ is..I think they might be a little too jazzed up about him but they are closer to the situation then me.

I think the potential is there for CJ, just not this year unless your in a super deep league where you can keep a flyer on him. Even still would you feel comfortable playing CJ in week 12 during you FFGC playoff game?
I know I'm a little late on this topic, but I'm going to have to defend the FBGs here. Some people seem to forget that these guys were WAY ahead in players like Joique and Orange Julius. I will give them the benefit of the doubt, particularly if Cecil--who is all over the Broncos--vouches for him.

Be mindful of the 'E' factor in regards to Bloom and Cecil. They are very excitable.

I would not be expecting anything from Anderson in 2013 unless things go very badly for Moreno and Ball.

Long term I do think Anderson can push Ball and possibly steal the job from him. But as Tom Nalen said, it is kind of a waste to try to run the ball when you have Peyton Manning and all those great receivers.

This is not Skeletors Bronco's anymore.

As a dynasty stash I think Anderson is worth keeping tabs on and possibly rostering.

Maybe a tad harsh. He hasn't shown much thus far. From training camp reports, Pre-season, and week 1, not trusted in pass pro, short yardage/goal line work has been lackluster. The door has been left open for somebody to take that job if he doesn't improve IMO
he looked fine when I was at TC and had the most impressive preseason run of the big 3 there. Way too small of a sample size to say he's just terrible. there are some pretty huge knee-jerk reactions 1 week into the season on this board.

without those guys.. I think a lot of people would hardly know who CJ is..I think they might be a little too jazzed up about him but they are closer to the situation then me.

I know I'm a little late on this topic, but I'm going to have to defend the FBGs here.Some people seem to forget that these guys were WAY ahead in players like Joique and Orange Julius. I will give them the benefit of the doubt, particularly if Cecil--who is all over the Broncos--vouches for him.
Way ahead, sure. I don't think Anderson is a bad stash in deep dynasty leagues, but "way ahead" isn't that helpful in redraft or even pretty deep keeper leagues. It seems rather silly for anyone to think Ball is "terrible" after about 20 snaps in a single game.

It seems as though he might be worth a look in dynasty but I just can't think he is going to be the #1 back in Denver this year. For him to be fantasy relevant (redraft) in Denver's pass happy attack, he would have to be the clear #1. That means no vultures, splits, etc. There's not enough running in Denver to support rostering a (potential) committee back.

It seems as though he might be worth a look in dynasty but I just can't think he is going to be the #1 back in Denver this year. For him to be fantasy relevant (redraft) in Denver's pass happy attack, he would have to be the clear #1. That means no vultures, splits, etc. There's not enough running in Denver to support rostering a (potential) committee back.
This. Maybe worth a shot in a deep dynasty format, but I can't believe there's any talk about him in redraft. It's just not happening - even if he got into the mix for some touches, the other guys are still going to get carries also. It's just a mess. At the end of the day, this is maybe the most pass heavy team in the league, with a true RBBC, so why are people looking for value here? And you're insane if you think he's taking the job outright and getting 15+ carries a game. To me, the upside here this season is aroun 5 carries a game, maybe 10 in a good week. I know we all want to be ahead of the curve but that's not worth getting excited about.

I know I'm a little late on this topic, but I'm going to have to defend the FBGs here.Some people seem to forget that these guys were WAY ahead in players like Joique and Orange Julius. I will give them the benefit of the doubt, particularly if Cecil--who is all over the Broncos--vouches for him.
Way ahead, sure. I don't think Anderson is a bad stash in deep dynasty leagues, but "way ahead" isn't that helpful in redraft or even pretty deep keeper leagues. It seems rather silly for anyone to think Ball is "terrible" after about 20 snaps in a single game.
As always, stashing CJ is about opportunity cost. What are you giving up?

In my deepest league it was easy to pick him and Donald brown up for mastrod and Marcus easley. But that's the only league I've taken him in.

Paul Klee... beat writer for the Colorado Springs paper...

Here's some positive news on the running back front: C.J. Anderson strolled through the Broncos locker room without a knee brace Monday. Two days later, he strolled onto the practice field. Don't expect the undrafted rookie to play Sunday vs. the Giants. That's too much, too soon, for a player coming off a sprained MCL in training camp. Do expect Anderson to work his way into the rotation over the next 15 games. The promising rookie could help answer some of the running back questions that began to surface when the Broncos released Willis McGahee and no one jumped forward to claim his starting spot.

Paul Klee... beat writer for the Colorado Springs paper...

Here's some positive news on the running back front: C.J. Anderson strolled through the Broncos locker room without a knee brace Monday. Two days later, he strolled onto the practice field. Don't expect the undrafted rookie to play Sunday vs. the Giants. That's too much, too soon, for a player coming off a sprained MCL in training camp. Do expect Anderson to work his way into the rotation over the next 15 games. The promising rookie could help answer some of the running back questions that began to surface when the Broncos released Willis McGahee and no one jumped forward to claim his starting spot.
:pickle:

I am torn on Anderson's value in redraft. Obviously Moreno is doing well enough as the primary, Hillman is useful in situations even if he still appears to be nothing special and while Ball has been disappointing they did use an early pick on him. At first glance there would appear to be nothing to see here. But, the fact that they kept him on the roster while injured and cut Lance Ball is very interesting. He is an obvious stash in dynasty and very deep leagues but with normal or short benches I just can't pull the trigger on him yet.

I am torn on Anderson's value in redraft. Obviously Moreno is doing well enough as the primary, Hillman is useful in situations even if he still appears to be nothing special and while Ball has been disappointing they did use an early pick on him. At first glance there would appear to be nothing to see here. But, the fact that they kept him on the roster while injured and cut Lance Ball is very interesting. He is an obvious stash in dynasty and very deep leagues but with normal or short benches I just can't pull the trigger on him yet.
that part is exactly why i have him stashed. and now not only to open the season but with the other injuries they have had they still haven't placed him on IR while he is still hurt makes me think he isn't just a fringe player. if they don't place him on IR this week with the other minor and significant injuries happening on the team and with those holes to fill just for weekly depth is very interesting to me. they obviously know they will lose him if they try to pass him thru waivers as well

that part is exactly why i have him stashed. and now not only to open the season but with the other injuries they have had they still haven't placed him on IR while he is still hurt makes me think he isn't just a fringe player. if they don't place him on IR this week with the other minor and significant injuries happening on the team and with those holes to fill just for weekly depth is very interesting to me. they obviously know they will lose him if they try to pass him thru waivers as well
Denver has a history of keeping players on the 53-man roster despite knowing they won't contribute at all this season. Just look at Julius Thomas last season- he missed most of the offseason, was recovering from various injuries, and had absolutely no chance of getting much playing time. Denver carried him anyway because they really liked him long-term. Obviously Thomas is justifying that faith this year.

There's no way Denver places Anderson on IR at this point, mostly because Anderson is not injured enough to go on IR at this point. Plus, I believe that when you put non-vested players on IR, they get exposed to the waivers system. Denver wouldn't have kept him around only to give him away to another team now.

Denver has a history of keeping players on the 53-man roster despite knowing they won't contribute at all this season. Just look at Julius Thomas last season- he missed most of the offseason, was recovering from various injuries, and had absolutely no chance of getting much playing time. Denver carried him anyway because they really liked him long-term. Obviously Thomas is justifying that faith this year.

There's no way Denver places Anderson on IR at this point, mostly because Anderson is not injured enough to go on IR at this point. Plus, I believe that when you put non-vested players on IR, they get exposed to the waivers system. Denver wouldn't have kept him around only to give him away to another team now.
Exactly. Keeping him on the roster means nothing for redraft. There really is nothing to see here at all and I'll gladly let more "sharky" people than me waste a waiver pick on him while I stick to my guppy pickups.

not injured enough? players go IR for suspected ankle tweaks, are injury waived and signed the following week and playing for someone else. JT had a pretty serious high ankle sprain that seemed to take years and had pretty competent TE's ahead of him in Tamme/Dreesen. I don't view Moreno as anything more than replacement level. he can block resonably well and that is it. he can catch footballs but he isn't running complicated route trees and making catches over his head like vereen or a forte. his running skills have all but evaporated

September 11, 2013 1:32 pmC.J. Anderson practices in pads Wednesday

by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com

Broncos running back C.J. Anderson (knee) returned to practice Wednesday after sitting out Week 1. Wednesday was also the first time he was in pads since injuring his MCL in training camp.
C.J. Anderson ‏@CjAndersonRB9 3hFelt so good 2 practice 2day
So, how many days of full practice has he had now?

Has it been full practice since last week?

Pick him up if you have room now.. but doubt we see him for atleast a few weeks
What's the urgency? FBG have been saying to pick him up since the start of the season. It's week 4 and he isn't really any closer to making an impact on anything. if you want to roster him in dynasty, more power to you, but in redraft, unless you are in a 32 team league, I don't think you need to be in any hurry to pick this guy up. The chance that he has even marginal redraft value this year is almost zero.

Nice size and 40 time is better than Ball's. Can he catch a football? If he can't he's pretty useless in Denver. He didn't catch much in college.

Nice size and 40 time is better than Ball's. Can he catch a football? If he can't he's pretty useless in Denver. He didn't catch much in college.
Hs is an outstanding receiver. I can't say I noticed his pass blocking much one way or the other.

Still a weekly inactive, anything to see here?
http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_24317359/broncos-mailbag-manning-brady-patriots-rivalry

By all accounts, Anderson is performing well in practice. About midway through last season, I started hearing the Broncos' coaching staff rave about Julius Thomas, who was finally healthy from his ankle injury. But they couldn't get him a uniform because their season had moved with Joel Dreessen and Jacob Tamme.

But starting with the first day of OTAs this year, Thomas got reps with the No. 1 offense

You don't mess with winning. Anderson will get a legitimate chance to compete in the offseason. Until then, practice is his game.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_24317359/broncos-mailbag-manning-brady-patriots-rivalry

By all accounts, Anderson is performing well in practice. About midway through last season, I started hearing the Broncos' coaching staff rave about Julius Thomas, who was finally healthy from his ankle injury. But they couldn't get him a uniform because their season had moved with Joel Dreessen and Jacob Tamme.

But starting with the first day of OTAs this year, Thomas got reps with the No. 1 offense

You don't mess with winning. Anderson will get a legitimate chance to compete in the offseason. Until then, practice is his game.
I get that they are winning and that Moreno is the guy, but with Monte Ball averaging 3.2 per carry while fumbling twice with only 45 touches I thought there might be a slight opening.

Dropped him back to the WW for the time being. With the way Moreno is playing, no chance CJ sees action before the wk9 bye. Will probably pick him back up after that once the byes are past.

Dropped him back to the WW for the time being. With the way Moreno is playing, no chance CJ sees action before the wk9 bye. Will probably pick him back up after that once the byes are past.
I only own him in dynasty, in redraft I would not pick him up right now unless the league/benches were huge.

I get that they are winning and that Moreno is the guy, but with Monte Ball averaging 3.2 per carry while fumbling twice with only 45 touches I thought there might be a slight opening.
Montee's a 2nd rounder with 43 career carries. They're not benching him so they can see what they have in that Anderson kid.

Montee's a 2nd rounder with 43 career carries. They're not benching him so they can see what they have in that Anderson kid.
Probably true, but all bets are off if Moreno gets hurt. In that scenario, Anderson will get some carries alongside Montee and I suspect that he will outperform. Montee has a future in this league, I'm sure, but so far he's looked like a JAG rookie. CJ has better size and burst, if he can stay healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread