What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LeVeon Bell down with possible knee injury (1 Viewer)

Penguin

Footballguy
Bell went down with an apparent right knee injury a little while ago

@gerrydulac Uh oh,LeVeon Bell goes down on stretch play. Been lying on field for a while. Sitting up now.

@dlolleyor Right knee or ankle for Bell

@rayfitt1 Bell is up, flexing his leg and walking gingerly to sidelines.

@dlolleyor Bell Sitting down on field with trainers. Again. Now looking at left knee.

RapSheet#Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell is spending practice with his left leg wrapped up after he went down. Hear he's "fine" tho. Minor

Sure does get dinged up a lot. Probably doesn't play this week yet again. Not a good sign so far and exactly what many people said with his running style.

Twitter has ruined sports and sports media.

Destroyed it. It is all about scoop scoop scoop.

Not reporting FACTS.

Facts are when you know what the injury is and how long he will be out. Not this garbage that goes viral and wastes time.

Speaking of.....why am I here? LOL.

Wasn't it "reported" that Danario's knee was okay, then a little while later it was announced as a torn ACL?

Not reporting FACTS.

Facts are when you know what the injury is and how long he will be out. Not this garbage that goes viral and wastes time.

Twitter hasn't ruined anything, it had added another dimension. Was the news that Jamal Charles hurt his foot again quickly reported age overblown? Yeah, but so was all the news that he is ok and cleared all tests. The truth always surfaces quickly.

Wasn't it "reported" that Danario's knee was okay, then a little while later it was announced as a torn ACL?
Plenty of people can walk fine with a torn ACL and not appear to be injured. Others can even play without it.

Plenty of people can walk fine with a torn ACL and not appear to be injured. Others can even play without it.
While this is true, a trainer can often tell whether a ligament is injured by a physical exam. If the report that he is "fine," and it is "minor" is based on someone who actually examined the knee, rather than a fan who saw him walking afterwards, it holds more weight.

That being said, I haven't actually read any of the tweets/reports, etc, so I don't yet know what to believe.

As for twitter ruining sports/sports media, that's absurd. Before twitter, you still had reporters trying to "scoop" their competitors by reporting what they see/saw in practice/camps/games,etc. If you really want to claim anything "ruined" sports media, you would have to go back to the inception of the internet (if not further).

While this is true, a trainer can often tell whether a ligament is injured by a physical exam. If the report that he is "fine," and it is "minor" is based on someone who actually examined the knee, rather than a fan who saw him walking afterwards, it holds more weight.
:goodposting:

Not reporting FACTS.

Ok gramps, I'll bite.

Why do you prefer this:

5:00 - nothing

5:30 - nothing

5:45 - nothing

6:00 - injury news comes out - Bell down with knee injury, doesn't look serious, day to day

to

5:00 - Bell down

5:30 - Bell down with knee injury

5:45 - Bell down with knee injury, doesn't look serioius

6:00 - Bell down with knee injury, doesn't look serious, day to day

The world is passing you by!

Not reporting FACTS.

Ok gramps, I'll bite.

Why do you prefer this:

5:00 - nothing

5:30 - nothing

5:45 - nothing

6:00 - injury news comes out - Bell down with knee injury, doesn't look serious, day to day

to

5:00 - Bell down

5:30 - Bell down with knee injury

5:45 - Bell down with knee injury, doesn't look serioius

6:00 - Bell down with knee injury, doesn't look serious, day to day

The world is passing you by!
Because of stuff like Beerguzzler said above...

Sure does get dinged up a lot.
The overreporting of every minor knick and ding in a sport where even the ironmen are constantly getting knicked and dinged has led to a world where everybody is ready to decry every player as fragile, or an injury risk. People are still devaluing Jamaal Charles over a foot scare that would have been scarcely reported a decade ago, because now it puts him at some kind of perceived pre-injured status. People are wondering whether Tom Brady's knee is going to hold up after a rolling-up that wouldn't have been last-page news. Bell is getting a reputation as a guy who "gets dinged up a lot" when he hasn't been dinged up in any meaningful sense so much as one time in his not yet existent career.

It's too easy to get labeled in a world where people haven't come to terms yet with exactly how prevalent minor injuries are, and while objectively one should be able to absorb a stream of minor news punctuated by occasional fits of serious business exactly the same as "just the headlines," the subjective reality is it's making a lot of people who enjoy this hobby basket cases.

All this isn't necessarily good or bad. But it's a perfectly legit reason, IMO, to "prefer" the old school way over the new.

Agreed that twitter sucks. For the reasons already mentioned. And it gives the morons that happen to be celebs/athletes another avenue to be moronic and/or annoying. And all the hash tag crap or whatever it is.

Bells upright running style will lead to some bigs hits in the NFL. Plus he was a workhorse in college and comes in with higher mileage than most rookie RBs.

Bells upright running style will lead to some bigs hits in the NFL. Plus he was a workhorse in college and comes in with higher mileage than most rookie RBs.
Dont those two statements contradict eachother a bit? His running style will get him injured. Also the fact that he handled a heavy workload in college, leading to "high mileage" - which would be a result of him never getting injured - will also lead to him getting injured.

Agreed that twitter sucks. For the reasons already mentioned. And it gives the morons that happen to be celebs/athletes another avenue to be moronic and/or annoying. And all the hash tag crap or whatever it is.
Yeah, I hate that I can get all the news and info on the specific areas I am interested all to one place on my phone. It's far too convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread