What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Danny Amendola Injury and News Thread (1 Viewer)

I just heard a report that Amendola is playing
did they say whether he'd get hurt in the first, second, third or fourth quarter?

i own thompkins, gronkowski and edelman. i just plan to start them all as long as they produce (well, gronkowski after he starts playing). i will sit edelman or thompkins when they give me a reason to put them on the bench.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Danny Amendola (groin) is "good to go" for Sunday's Week 5 game against the Bengals.

I'm sitting him until he plays a whole game

Which means he may never start but I want to be safe

i'm starting him over thompkins and edleman. none of these people reporting have any better idea than I do about how he will be used today IMHO

Was watching CBS about 20 mins ago. One guy stated yes play Amendola, he played well while being hurt. Then the woman came on 5 mins later stated, don't start him they are going to ease him in.

Just another example how reporters dont know what the heck is going on. Looks like he will be in, I expect he will be in on 50-60 percent of the snaps. Thus a WR3 with very high upside in PPR.

If week one is any gauge, he will be leaned on heavily. The only question is he healthy? I have to think he is if they're putting him out there. Sucks for me since I have Edelman now. I really think Julian is going to return to his 4th wr role. I'm starting him today over Bowe but I'm not very confident about it.

This sucks. I have a healthy bowe that is the forgotten man in kc. I am taking the potential upside of danny over the lack luster performance of bowe.

I assume everyone is facing similar questions right now. Active or not, at this point Id start people like Durham over Amendola.

This sucks. I have a healthy bowe that is the forgotten man in kc. I am taking the potential upside of danny over the lack luster performance of bowe.
As an aside, I'm sitting Bowe for guys like Terrance Williams. I'll do everything in my power not to start Bowe.

If week one is any gauge, he will be leaned on heavily. The only question is he healthy? I have to think he is if they're putting him out there. Sucks for me since I have Edelman now. I really think Julian is going to return to his 4th wr role. I'm starting him today over Bowe but I'm not very confident about it.
On ESPN, live reporter from the field said he came out.. looked full speed and ran a lap around the field..... he sounded pretty excited about Amendola looking fully healthy today...

I have Amendola vs Keenan Allen, or the possibility of picking up Terrence Williams by dropping Terrelle Pryor in a keeper league... if it gives you any idea... I am sticking with Amendola.. Brady loves him even if he only plays half a game... he did all of his damage in week 1 in only about a half of play... playing hurt in the 2nd half for 10 receptions, 105 yds

in the preseason in 1 quarter he had 6 receptions for 70yds and a TD.... those are what I am basing my decision on

personally, I cannot roll with Amendola today. I've got to see him do it on the field. Plus it should be noted that the Bengals defense isn't half bad. I'm looking elsewhere for a starting WR.

Rotoworld:

Danny Amendola (groin, questionable) was limited in Friday's practice.
Amendola will play despite the questionable tag. Rotoworld's Pat Daugherty -- who ranks 4th among 125 fantasy experts on Fantasy Pros' accuracy scores through five weeks -- has Amendola as the No. 22 fantasy wideout for Week 6 against the Saints. Daugherty's full rankings are accessible at the link below.

Source: Rotoworld Week 6 Rankings

I dont know what to make of amendola today with all these twitter reports

eta: so basicially we dont know if this is a new injury or a previous one and todays playing time is pain tolerance.

@AlbertBreer 30m

On Amendola -- Play time a pain tolerance issue. Full adductor tear on one side, that's healing. 3/4 tear on the other, causing some pain.

@JeneBramel 27m

Hard to know what to make of a nearly torn adductor on the other side. Insanity.

@JeneBramel 27m

Breer's report doesn't say when opposite side injured, how long Amendola played through it. Difficult to know how much affects him today.

@JeneBramel 25m

@AlbertBreer Do we know when each groin injury occurred? Are both "old" injuries or something new since original torn adductor report?

@AlbertBreer 25m

@injuryexpert I don't think anyone should be questioning his toughness. He's doing better, apparently. Expectation is continued improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Concussion, no doubt. Bet it's 3-4 weeks till he's cleared, he was knocked out and couldn't stand or walk straight all the way off the field. Eyes unfocused.

His ability to get hurt is uncanny. The guy is tough for sure, just gets lit up every time he touches the ball. Even when he dives for catches he lands badly.

It will turn out to be a strained labia, guaranteed
Did you see the hit? His head got obliterated. He was knocked out before he hit the ground, went totally limp.I agree that Amendola is injury prone. He doesn't know how to protect himself, throws his body around like a fool.

But that has nothing to do with THIS hit. Anybody would be knocked out by that hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this guy the biggest @@@@@ on earth, retire already!!!!!! So sick of hearing same BS with this clown.
um...80 percent of reciever's would have been knocked out by that hit
Wrong 100% of amenpansy and 0% of anyone else, this guy is a joke.
It will turn out to be a strained labia, guaranteed
You gonna be okay?
Apparently this poster has experience with a strained labia.

This guy is as tough as nails and as fearless as they come, but he just puts himself in bad spots with how he plays. He's reckelss. He plays like a guy with a 6-4 230 lb body.

Users who are viewing this thread