What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Danny Amendola Injury and News Thread (1 Viewer)

Looks like he's going to try and play this week.

Danny Amendola (questionable, concussion) told reporters Friday he's "ready to go" after passing "a battery of tests."

You know how this works, long after everyone has cut him or benched him, around week 15 or 17 he finally goes 21/13/161/3.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys think there's any risk of him being inactive tomorrow?

I'd have to drop a decent player to clear open a spot for insurance, is why I ask. Would prefer to risk it and not drop anybody.

Bill Belichick doesn’t have the most exciting press conferences but that’s not to say fans can’t enjoy them — even at the media’s expense. On Wednesday, Belichick was asked about wide receiver Danny Amendola, who is dealing with a concussion.

In typical Belichick fashion, the head coach offered up some simple yet smirk-inducing responses as seen in the conversation with the media below, via Patriots media relations.

Q: Is Danny Amendola subject to the concussion protocol?

Bill Belichick: Every player has to go through medical clearance.

Q: But specifically concussion protocol, does he still have to go through that?

Bill Belichick: Yeah, sure, every player has to go through whatever the medical procedures are.

Q: So he hasn’t been cleared to practice yet?

Bill Belichick: I didn’t say that. I said every player has to go through the medical procedures.

Q: So has he been cleared to practice?

Bill Belichick: We’ll give our practice report after practice like we always do.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/10/bill-belichick-gets-belichickian-regarding-danny-amendolas-concussion-medical-procedures/
Great coach but he really is an :pokey:

HULLOBUDMAN said:
Am I the only one that thinks with Gronk back that he can be a monster?
I think so. Now that Gronk is back there are at least 1 more rehab guy freed up. The Pats will rotate him over to Amendola which will help him dominate the training room. Amendola could make a run at Bob Sanders' injury record.

Cut him earlier this week for Boykin in a short bench league. My '68 Fairlane college beater was more reliable.

Amendola is going to help a lot of teams win championships in PPR leagues. All those that gave up on him will regret it. With Gronk back, this O will take off with Ridley, Gronk and Dola being the primary FF point scorers down the stretch

Amendola is going to help a lot of teams win championships in PPR leagues. All those that gave up on him will regret it. With Gronk back, this O will take off with Ridley, Gronk and Dola being the primary FF point scorers down the stretch
Maybe but not for the team that drafted him. Or the team that traded for him. It would have to be the team that said "wth" and picked him up off the waiver wire.

the guy can hardly stay on the field for a game, I doubt he makes it through the rest of the season

I get that a lot of you guys are excited about having predicted an injury and that you feel strongly that he is still an injury risk, but there are a lot of posters in here going out of their way to derail any discussion of his value when healthy, and that's counterproductive to the goal of this forum.

I think the real questions right now are things like, if you own him, do you start him this week? Over whom? What are your expectations if he has a fully healthy week? How big a risk is it that he will get knocked out midgame again? I understand that some of you believe it's unlikely he will make it through the game, so there's no need to reply to this if that's all you're going to say. My question is for the people who are deciding between Amendola and other WR2, WR3 or WR4 options - with two hours left to kickoff I would hope that we could have a productive conversation, but maybe not.

Rotoworld:

Danny Amendola (groin) was limited in Wednesday's practice.
Amendola is over his concussion but is still on the injury report with the groin issue. He's in zero danger of missing Week 9 against the Steelers. Amendola caught three passes for 15 yards in his Week 8 return. He's a WR2.

Owning any Pats offensive player this year is questionable. Owning Brady, Amendola, and Gronk is a draft mistake of the worst kind.

Owning any Pats offensive player this year is questionable. Owning Brady, Amendola, and Gronk is a draft mistake of the worst kind.
Gronk has played in 2 full games and received for over 100 yds in 1.
Then overlay the fact that didn't happen until Week 7, where you had to draft him, who else was available, what production you got from the position in the interim etc etc...

Smallest sample size possible but the Gronk owner in my redraft league is 3-5, good for 10th of 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Amendola even healthy yet? It isn't like the Pats are shy about pushing a guy out before he's ready. I just want the guy to get healthy for the stretch run.

Thanks, this will be very helpful when I jump into my time machine and calibrate the settings to arrive 2 months ago.

habsfan said:
kd1 said:
Lobary said:
Then overlay the fact that didn't happen until Week 7, where you had to draft him, who else was available, what production you got from the position in the interim etc etc...

Smallest sample size possible but the Gronk owner in my redraft league is 3-5, good for 10th of 12.
Gronk missing games was a known risk when drafting him. You are complaining about him at this moment in time because of the stinker Brady just put up, period. Not because of where he was drafted, who else was available, etc.

You wouldn't have made this same comment a week ago when Gronk was coming off a 100 yd game in his first week back.

Meh, I think several Pats players are gonna win people their leagues come playoff time.
Maybe. When they doing their victory lap, hope they don't trip over the corpses of Brady/Amendola owners that were eliminated from the playoffs right about now.

habsfan said:
kd1 said:
Lobary said:

Gronk missing games was a known risk when drafting him. You are complaining about him at this moment in time because of the stinker Brady just put up, period. Not because of where he was drafted, who else was available, etc.

You wouldn't have made this same comment a week ago when Gronk was coming off a 100 yd game in his first week back.
I'm not complaining at all. I don't own him. I'm simply stating that the "analysis" involves more than just pointing to what he did in Week 7.

Users who are viewing this thread