Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*****Official Baltimore Ravens Thread*****

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was born in 1962. For just about my entire adolescence, every team I rooted for (Os, Colts, Bullets, MD hoops) were good-to-great damned near every season. The Orioles held on until the mid-80s, the

I've been a season ticket holder since season 1, have two tickets in the lower bowl goal line.  As I've gotten older I've become much less tolerant of sitting out in the cold, particularly if it's rai

Boy, I really hope they both stay. Of the 2, my guess is they'd be more likely to lose Roman. Martindale doesn't fit the mold of the polished, media-savvy corporate head coach. He seems like a former

2 hours ago, ekbeats said:

Who is the better RB play today?  Gus Edwards or JK Dobbins?

I’d go Gus. He’ll be the workhorse. JK is good on the edge but has been bad between the tackles all year. With Ingram out Gus will get a lot of carries and he’s good 

I’m wasted and have so many feelings after this game

Like this team a lot but Lamar needs to protect the ball better 

Hope this team is about to go traditional Ravens, playing to win on D and Special Teams, but with a better offense than ever before 

Looks like a defensive slobberknocker today. 

The Colts haven't been able to run the ball and it looks like TY Hilton may not play.

Baltimore has been all out of synch on offense. Stanley & Phillips are out, leaving the OL very thin.

I'm going 23-20, Colts, with at least one defensive/ST score.

Hmmn.

----------

Jamison Hensley@jamisonhensley

The Ravens are looking for their first win in Indianapolis today. This is one of four current NFL cities where the Ravens haven't won in the regular season or postseason: Indy (0-6), Chicago (0-3), Minnesota (0-2) and Las Vegas (never played there).

• 2 weeks later...

Baltimore is just not very good right now. They haven't played one complete game this season. The injuries haven't helped, but - truth be told - they weren't playing well when healthy. 

When the game was on the line yesterday, Tennessee's two best players (Brown & Henry) made plays. The Ravens have no one doing that at this point. 

Baltimore is going to get slaughtered in Pittsburgh Thursday and will be 6-5 heading into the home stretch. They may be able to get to 10-6, but they'll have to play better than they have so far to do so.

2 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Baltimore is just not very good right now. They haven't played one complete game this season. The injuries haven't helped, but - truth be told - they weren't playing well when healthy. 

When the game was on the line yesterday, Tennessee's two best players (Brown & Henry) made plays. The Ravens have no one doing that at this point. 

Baltimore is going to get slaughtered in Pittsburgh Thursday and will be 6-5 heading into the home stretch. They may be able to get to 10-6, but they'll have to play better than they have so far to do so.

Thankfully the schedule is pretty soft after Pit.

Dallas

@Cle

Jax

NYG

@Cin 

5 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Yep.  I expect the game to be moved to Sunday

Why? They didn't move the GB game when they had players on Covid list?  It sucks for Baltimore, but unless the entire team, including backups, are in the list, I don't see how the game is moved. NFL has already set a precedent that the game will go on.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

They just need to get through this game, take the L and then focus on getting healthy and taking advantage of their easy schedule down the stretch

If they get all their pieces back, I still think they're going to be a tough playoff opponent. Lost a squeaker to Pittsburgh despite 4 turnovers, lost in OT to a good Titans team. They're more accustomed to the role of underachieving team that gets hot in the playoffs than in last year's frontrunner mode

I think Harbaugh would play today's game with a running clock if he could. Ravens D matches up OK vs Pittsburgh O, except the complete decimation of the D Line means the lack of pass rush will give Ben enough time to pick apart the secondary. I still think they'll do all right vs the Steelers running game. 

But the lack of an O Line is going to make this a disaster offensively. Left side of the line is reasonably intact, they should just run left every play, try not to turn the ball over and try to steal the game through turnovers and Special Teams like it's back in the Kyle Boller era. I think Ravens hang around for a while (unless they turn the ball over), gradually get chewed up along both lines, and begin giving up big plays en route to a 34-6 loss

• Like 1

I'm exhausted by all of this. My GAFs are very low. But....

Run a diamond backfield alongside RGIII alternating Edwards, Hill, Devernay, McSorley, and Proche. Have Bryant & Boykin as wideouts. I guess they should dress a TE for blocking purposes, but it won't matter against Pittsburgh's front. 

Have Greg Roman drop a tab of acid about an hour before kickoff and see what happens.

Morgan Cox is out, so ST misadventures may happen with Tucker & Koch.

• Like 1

They have been protecting a Long Snapper on their practice squad each week, so I guess this is his time to shine!

I also DGAF - would have preferred a forfeit. But now that it's happening I will no doubt be watching on the edge of my seat

• Like 1

Pleased with how a few guys played yesterday and the overall fight of the team. So who can we expect back for Dallas? Lamar has time to clear. Williams and Campbell will have the time as well. Are they over their injuries? The RBs will clear. The centers I think were also early infections and should clear? I think we put 6 on the list black Friday including Madabuike. Those guys should also have a shot at getting through right?

edit- Ricard I think was Friday as well and Andrews/Judon Saturday. Monday will mark 10 days from Saturday. They also have a shot 

Edited by Cobbler1
2 hours ago, Cobbler1 said:

Pleased with how a few guys played yesterday and the overall fight of the team. So who can we expect back for Dallas? Lamar has time to clear. Williams and Campbell will have the time as well. Are they over their injuries? The RBs will clear. The centers I think were also early infections and should clear? I think we put 6 on the list black Friday including Madabuike. Those guys should also have a shot at getting through right?

edit- Ricard I think was Friday as well and Andrews/Judon Saturday. Monday will mark 10 days from Saturday. They also have a shot 

From Jeff Z over at The Athletic:

If they pass the COVID-19 protocol, Jackson, Ingram, Dobbins, fullback Patrick Ricard, centers Matt Skura and Patrick Mekari, outside linebackers Pernell McPhee and Jihad Ward and defensive linemen Calais Campbell and Justin Madubuike could all play next Tuesday against the Dallas Cowboys. The Ravens will have to wait at least another week after that to get back wide receiver Willie Snead IV, tight end Mark Andrews and outside linebacker Matthew Judon.

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

From Jeff Z over at The Athletic:

If they pass the COVID-19 protocol, Jackson, Ingram, Dobbins, fullback Patrick Ricard, centers Matt Skura and Patrick Mekari, outside linebackers Pernell McPhee and Jihad Ward and defensive linemen Calais Campbell and Justin Madubuike could all play next Tuesday against the Dallas Cowboys. The Ravens will have to wait at least another week after that to get back wide receiver Willie Snead IV, tight end Mark Andrews and outside linebacker Matthew Judon.

Was hoping with Monday into Tuesday marking 10 days since the positive tests from Andrews and Judon that they’d have a shot. But Jeff would know where they stand better than I. If Williams and Campbell are healthy as well as through the protocol the defense should be plenty to overwhelm Dallas especially if Martin and their 2nd string LT are still out. Offense should be ok too assuming Lamar is through. Could see them trying to give Jimmy an extra weak to heal ahead of the Cleveland game. Hopefully get some good news on the groin today.

I’m getting a bit excited for the team. As you (or someone) said in the game thread, we’ve had success going the road route in the playoffs before. Running game should play well in the cold. Limited fans takes away crowd intimidation factor.  The defense could be really fearsome if everyone is back. The OL had some positives yesterday in a tough spot.

Edit- Ah, didn’t realize Williams was activated and could have played but for the ankle. Guess he may be far from a sure thing for next week.

Edited by Cobbler1
26 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

Was hoping with Monday into Tuesday marking 10 days since the positive tests from Andrews and Judon that they’d have a shot. But Jeff would know where they stand better than I. If Williams and Campbell are healthy as well as through the protocol the defense should be plenty to overwhelm Dallas especially if Martin and their 2nd string LT are still out. Offense should be ok too assuming Lamar is through. Could see them trying to give Jimmy an extra weak to heal ahead of the Cleveland game. Hopefully get some good news on the groin today.

I’m getting a bit excited for the team. As you (or someone) said in the game thread, we’ve had success going the road route in the playoffs before. Running game should play well in the cold. Limited fans takes away crowd intimidation factor.  The defense could be really fearsome if everyone is back. The OL had some positives yesterday in a tough spot.

Edit- Ah, didn’t realize Williams was activated and could have played but for the ankle. Guess he may be far from a sure thing for next week.

Is Dalton gonna QBing the Cowboys? If so, that scares me. He's torched the Ravens too many times in the past.

1 minute ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Is Dalton gonna QBing the Cowboys? If so, that scares me. He's torched the Ravens too many times in the past.

He will be. I don’t think his history as a Bengal will factor in much. And we gave it to him pretty good too a few times right? Either way Dallas OL is patchwork at best and a total disaster if Martin is out. I own enough Zeke shares to know this. Andy won’t hold up well to pressure and they haven’t been able to run at all without Martin. If we can’t win this even down a handful or bodies nothing else matters. If we do win we should be as close full strength (minus the IR guys) going into a huge MNF game in Cleveland.

38 minutes ago, Wise Old Owl said:

Justice Hill actually looked pretty good. Weird that it took all of this for him to see the field. 

I think few are surprised he looks good. He’s just not the banger Ingram and Edwards are to complement Lamar getting to the perimeter and Dobbins is a superior talent with more versatility. And he was banged up to start the year so never really had much opportunity to hold Dobbins off. He’s certainly showed elusiveness and contact balance. And a 4.4 at the combine I believe. All the things that led many of us to think he’d challenge Ingram for a role last year.

2 hours ago, Cobbler1 said:

I think few are surprised he looks good. He’s just not the banger Ingram and Edwards are to complement Lamar getting to the perimeter and Dobbins is a superior talent with more versatility. And he was banged up to start the year so never really had much opportunity to hold Dobbins off. He’s certainly showed elusiveness and contact balance. And a 4.4 at the combine I believe. All the things that led many of us to think he’d challenge Ingram for a role last year.

The Ravens can cut Ingram loose after this season and I think they will. He's been a good player for them and a damned fine teammate.

Edwards is a UFA and I'd love to see him back, but wouldn't blame him a bit if he left for a good payday.

That leaves Dobbins & Hill, plus Baltimore always seems to find useful players to fill the gaps at RB.

4 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

The Ravens can cut Ingram loose after this season and I think they will. He's been a good player for them and a damned fine teammate.

Edwards is a UFA and I'd love to see him back, but wouldn't blame him a bit if he left for a good payday.

That leaves Dobbins & Hill, plus Baltimore always seems to find useful players to fill the gaps at RB.

Yeah I posted something similar in the Ravens Rb thread. Even if those guys go I’d expect a bigger back to be brought in to fill that role and it’s a role I think that will see playing time. Unless Dobbins is just going to be that guy.l and Hill sees the field as the receiving back/COP. Hill’s skillset seems to overlap a bit with Dobbins as a guy who can catch and run outside more. Dobbins brings a bit extra running between the tackles too though.

So what are we thinking tonight? Coming into this weekend, I was still somewhat optimistic about this team - even in the recent losing skid they played Pittsburgh very tough a couple of times, as well as Tennessee. But neither the Steelers nor Titans looked very good this week, making me worried that the Ravens weren't good enough to beat them.

That being said, I still get a bit of a 2012 vibe from this team. The biggest thing will be getting the D back and healthy - Calais and Brandon Williams return up front which immediately changes everything. Ngokwue hasn't done much since arriving, but his arrival mostly coincided with the big space eaters up front going down - with them back, I hope his speed and stunting begin to flash. Jimmy Smith is probably out, but they're hopeful Chuck Clark can play tonight. Judon is still on the COVID list, but I think this D will build on last week's good effort vs Pittsburgh. 

Offense is still a mess with no Tight Ends and Lamar very rusty. But they've gotten their RBs and most of their O Line back. Tonight vs the NFL's worst run D, I'd be happy to see them go with 7 O Lineman a lot and just run all night. I think they began to recapture some of that identity from last year vs the Steelers in Lamar's absence. Time to embrace Ray Lewis-era Ravens football. Make no mistakes on Offense, run the ball a ton, and trust you'll score enough, combined with strong D and Special Teams, to eke out a win. 

Hopefully the Ravens can punch Dallas in the mouth early and diminish their interest in playing tonight. With their banged up O Line, I look for Dalton to do lots of short drops and quick releases, and hopefully the Ravens handle it as well as (or better than) they did vs Ben. I'll go Baltimore, 27-13.

On 12/8/2020 at 2:57 PM, The_Man said:

. I think they began to recapture some of that identity from last year vs the Steelers in Lamar's absence. Time to embrace Ray Lewis-era Ravens football. Make no mistakes on Offense, run the ball a ton, and trust you'll score enough, combined with strong D and Special Teams, to eke out a win. 

I think this is correct. For many reasons, they just don't have "it" this season. Embrace the ugly.

That said, I think Cleveland beats them Monday. Baltimore's defense will have to play its best game of the year to give them a chance.

One thing I've noticed (or think I've noticed): Last year when they were rolling, it seemed like the play calling (and/or execution) was assuming the Ravens had 4 downs to get a first. This year, they seem to be running plays that shorten their opportunity by a down. Maybe it's a chicken/egg thing or I'm just imagining it because the execution hasn't been good.

On 12/8/2020 at 2:57 PM, The_Man said:

So what are we thinking tonight? Coming into this weekend, I was still somewhat optimistic about this team - even in the recent losing skid they played Pittsburgh very tough a couple of times, as well as Tennessee. But neither the Steelers nor Titans looked very good this week, making me worried that the Ravens weren't good enough to beat them.

That being said, I still get a bit of a 2012 vibe from this team. The biggest thing will be getting the D back and healthy - Calais and Brandon Williams return up front which immediately changes everything. Ngokwue hasn't done much since arriving, but his arrival mostly coincided with the big space eaters up front going down - with them back, I hope his speed and stunting begin to flash. Jimmy Smith is probably out, but they're hopeful Chuck Clark can play tonight. Judon is still on the COVID list, but I think this D will build on last week's good effort vs Pittsburgh. 

Offense is still a mess with no Tight Ends and Lamar very rusty. But they've gotten their RBs and most of their O Line back. Tonight vs the NFL's worst run D, I'd be happy to see them go with 7 O Lineman a lot and just run all night. I think they began to recapture some of that identity from last year vs the Steelers in Lamar's absence. Time to embrace Ray Lewis-era Ravens football. Make no mistakes on Offense, run the ball a ton, and trust you'll score enough, combined with strong D and Special Teams, to eke out a win. 

Hopefully the Ravens can punch Dallas in the mouth early and diminish their interest in playing tonight. With their banged up O Line, I look for Dalton to do lots of short drops and quick releases, and hopefully the Ravens handle it as well as (or better than) they did vs Ben. I'll go Baltimore, 27-13.

What's the word, Ravens fans? Lamar was understandably rusty passing vs. Dallas (having practiced maybe twice in the preceding two weeks plus getting COVID during that time) but he looked energized and fresh on the ground. This team continues to get healthy this week, with Judon, Andrews and Snead coming back. I will say Campbell looked very lethargic and out of shape in limited action returning from COVID/calf injury last week and I would be surprised to see him play tonight. I think he tried to grit it out last week and they shut him down early.

Too bad, because they need him tonight vs that Cleveland run game. And disappointing, because to finally have him, Judon, Ngokwue, Wolfe and Brandon Williams all lined up and healthy together would be a great group. But we seem destined not to get it. This whole team is close to putting it all together post-COVID, but I think it's going to happen just a hair too late. If Ravens win tonight, I think they finish the season at 11-5 on a 5-game winning streak and - if they continue to get healthy - can compete with anyone in the AFC playoffs except KC. 

But I see them losing tonight, then crushing their remaining 3 opponents and missing the playoffs at 10-6. The whole season comes down to tonight, if you look at the playoff permutations - all their loses are in the AFC so they miss out in just about every tie-breaking scenario. Best case would be Tennessee wins the South and we finish in a head-to-head tie with Indy, as they're the only contender we hold the tiebreak with.

I'll go with Cleveland, 27-23, with the Ravens unable to limit the Browns on the ground setting up a couple of big play-action shots vs either Queen on a TE or Peters getting burned going for a big play. 

55 minutes ago, The_Man said:

What's the word, Ravens fans? Lamar was understandably rusty passing vs. Dallas (having practiced maybe twice in the preceding two weeks plus getting COVID during that time) but he looked energized and fresh on the ground. This team continues to get healthy this week, with Judon, Andrews and Snead coming back. I will say Campbell looked very lethargic and out of shape in limited action returning from COVID/calf injury last week and I would be surprised to see him play tonight. I think he tried to grit it out last week and they shut him down early.

Too bad, because they need him tonight vs that Cleveland run game. And disappointing, because to finally have him, Judon, Ngokwue, Wolfe and Brandon Williams all lined up and healthy together would be a great group. But we seem destined not to get it. This whole team is close to putting it all together post-COVID, but I think it's going to happen just a hair too late. If Ravens win tonight, I think they finish the season at 11-5 on a 5-game winning streak and - if they continue to get healthy - can compete with anyone in the AFC playoffs except KC. 

But I see them losing tonight, then crushing their remaining 3 opponents and missing the playoffs at 10-6. The whole season comes down to tonight, if you look at the playoff permutations - all their loses are in the AFC so they miss out in just about every tie-breaking scenario. Best case would be Tennessee wins the South and we finish in a head-to-head tie with Indy, as they're the only contender we hold the tiebreak with.

I'll go with Cleveland, 27-23, with the Ravens unable to limit the Browns on the ground setting up a couple of big play-action shots vs either Queen on a TE or Peters getting burned going for a big play. 

I'm going 34-27 Cleveland. Baltimore just looks worn out to me. They'll play hard, but I don't think it'll be enough.

I think Cleveland gets revenge for their early-season drubbing.  If the Ravens can keep it within one score late, maybe they can force Cleveland into some traditional Factory of Sadness mistakes.

43 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I'm going 34-27 Cleveland. Baltimore just looks worn out to me. They'll play hard, but I don't think it'll be enough.

Interesting - I actually thought they had as much pep in their step vs Dallas as they've had almost all season. They're still just a bit outmanned along both lines due to injury, illness, and (on Offense) a lack of talent. I'll be interested to see how Baker plays in the spotlight - this might be his first really meaningful big game in the NFL

14 hours ago, The_Man said:

Interesting - I actually thought they had as much pep in their step vs Dallas as they've had almost all season. They're still just a bit outmanned along both lines due to injury, illness, and (on Offense) a lack of talent. I'll be interested to see how Baker plays in the spotlight - this might be his first really meaningful big game in the NFL

I thought Lamar looked much more relaxed against Dallas than he has most of the season. A lot of the defensive players looked slow, though.

Anyway, I missed the game last night. Sounds like it was something to see.

This coming week, they need to pound Jacksonville into submission early. The Jags have played some close games against teams better than they are.

Oh, and Thropa bless Justin Tucker.

Huge win! I’m really liking how the offensive line is coming together. Some of the sacks weren’t their fault and they mauled in the run game. Brown did an amazing job on Garrett. He’s really good. Incredible luxury to have him and Stanley. Hopefully on the field together next year. No way we can keep him after next year though right? He’s going to earn left tackle money. Brown and Bozeman pulling has really been working and now we’re starting to run some other action off it. Like on Lamar’s long run out of halftime, those guys pulled right but we did the read option left leaving Lamar and JK alone with Garrett. Easy win there. 

Massive negative overall from the defense. I’ll say they were incredibly unlucky to force 3 fumbles and recover 0. Also tipped 2 passes but no picks off them. Peters got tangled and fell while blanketing Higgins on 4th down for a td. The soft coverage is really annoying me but I guess we’re trying to cover for the secondary injuries and the huge weakness in coverage from our safeties and LBs. The pass rush needs improvement and everyone has been very critical of it. But they did hit Baker a lot and flush him several times. More pressure than against Dallas and the Browns OL is really good. Maybe a glimmer of hope there. Need to win without Jimmy for the next 3 games and get him as close to healthy as possible for potential playoffs.

Well that was something. For the first time ever, I almost turned a game off - when Cleveland was driving to take the lead and Lamar was out, I just couldn't stand to see this team blow a third double-digit lead this season. I knew it would keep me from sleeping. Glad I stuck with it, still couldn't sleep afterward but out of happiness!

That was probably a Top 10 all-time franchise game. Such a huge spot, and Lamar answering the critics (well, at least some of them...). The cramping makes me feel like he's still dealing with some Covid hangover. He said his arm was cramping before the 2 bad overthrows in the second half, followed by the calf cramps that took him out of the game. The running game is starting to bully people again; I went a little crazy last night whenever they would get away from it. The rookie Phillips was a disaster at RT and got benched after the 4 early sacks. It's time to live and die with Fluker. He actually played pretty well - on the TD to Hollywood, watch him hit 2 guys and totally cave in the left end of Cleveland's DL letting Lamar break contain and make the throw. On that play Dobbins was running out in front of Lamar, telling him to run - and if Lamar kept it and Dobbins blocked his man, I think Lamar could actually have scored a running TD on that play.

Dobbins is now officially the lead RB. That 2-point conversion answered any remaining questions I had about him running between the tackles. Ingram's only snap all night was the first play of the game. He might be a scratch moving forward so they can get more CBs up - Jimmy Smith is a walking injury and their lack of depth almost cost them dearly last night. Levine is a good guy but you sure don't want him lining up as a slot CB with your season on the line.

D looked worse than they actually are because of the injuries at CB. I think they need to give Smith a couple of weeks off and hope they can beat the bad teams on their schedule without him, because they're not going anywhere in the playoffs without him healthy. The game changed dramatically once he went down. Campbell is working his way back into game shape and I'm crossing my fingers that their full complement of D Linemen might finally be healthy and playing together soon. Ngokue actually generated some decent pressure (as did McPhee) and the rookie Madibuke had a nice game. Not sure what's up with the rookie ILBs Queen and Harrison but they were both non-factors and Board and Fort saw a ton of playing time. Fort is usually good but had a bad game - got beat on the long wheel route down the sideline and jumped out of his hole on a TD run that left the middle of the field wide open. And I think Board is just a guy. Early screen passes had him spinning (shades of KC). Time for Queen to step up, though I fear he's hit the rookie wall and it won't happen (until next season, still high on him long-term).

I say it a lot, but I think Tucker is as good at his job as anyone in professional sports. On that torn up field, kicking into the open end of the stadium on a windy night, he made a 55-yard game-winner look like a tap-in.  

Playoffs looking like a definite possibility now, maybe even a 5 or 6 seed. I wouldn't rule out Buffalo catching Pittsburgh for #2 (since they own the head-to-head) and maybe we have Steelers Round 3 in the first round. Still getting some 2012 vibes from this team, especially if they get healthy on D and they lock in Fluker at RT (like they seemingly have with Powers at RG). Can't wait to have a couple of 1 pm Sunday games again!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, The_Man said:

The cramping makes me feel like he's still dealing with some Covid hangover. He said his arm was cramping before the 2 bad overthrows in the second half, followed by the calf cramps that took him out of the game.

Fixed that for you.

One down, two to go (NYG, Cincy) and need a loss by one of Colts(Pitt, Jax)/Browns(NYJ, Pitt)/Dolphins(LV, Buffalo). The good thing is that Buffalo and Pittsburgh look to be in a death-grapple for the 2 seed, so hopefully both will have to play it out in week 17. That first Pittsburgh loss is haunting the Ravens.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

One down, two to go (NYG, Cincy) and need a loss by one of Colts(Pitt, Jax)/Browns(NYJ, Pitt)/Dolphins(LV, Buffalo). The good thing is that Buffalo and Pittsburgh look to be in a death-grapple for the 2 seed, so hopefully both will have to play it out in week 17. That first Pittsburgh loss is haunting the Ravens.

Have to think that at least one of Pitt vs Indy, Pitt at Cleveland, Buff vs Miami will go our way. How much worse would it be if Tenn doesn’t win that division and go into the tiebreak with us and possible multiple teams while owning the head to head?

2 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

The Titans loss is the one that haunts me. If they don't come up a bad spot (followed by a false start) short of a first down in their final drive of regulation, the Titans never get the ball back and score the late TD. Oh well. I still think they'll get in - Old Man Rivers vs that Steelers D is not a favorable matchup for Indy. Haven't done the playoff machine lately, but I'm thinking they end up higher than the 7 seed. I keep talking about this team having a 2012 vibe and the idea of a post-season revenge tour that includes some mix of Tennessee, Pittsburgh and KC would be the equivalent of beating Peyton and Brady like that team did

Some other thoughts: 
In 3 games since coming back from COVID, Lamar Jackson has a 120.6 passer rating, 253 yards rushing with 7.9 ypc, 10 total TDs (6 passing and 4 rushing) and the Ravens are averaging 40 points per game. Playing some bad Defenses, but the O is starting to look a little more like last year's. Unrelated: Some people think the jury is still out on Lamar as a QB. These people are stupid.

They are continuing to work Dobbins in, but wow. We're starting to see what this Lamar-led rushing game can look like with an elite RB and it is impressive. They basically sat him down for the second half, but they could have run him outside all day long. Jags simply had no answer for his speed to the edge

Their starting O Line is locked in place and pretty solid - Fluker is the weak link at RT, but he is light years ahead of where Phillips is right now

Pretty cool to see Bryant get the TD and then the outpouring of respect. His postgame comments about the team were stellar. Boykin and Hollywood also made plays

Brandon Williams had his best game of the season by far. Looks like he is healthy and was a run-stopping force. And Ngakoue finally flashed, while Bowser continued to be the team's best OLB. Not a Ferguson fan to begin with and his pointless roughing the QB took a LJ Fort pick-6 off the board. If Campbell (who I think was close to playing yesterday) can nurse his calf a little longer, I continue to look forward to what this Front 7 could look like in the playoffs if fully healthy. Actually makes me somewhat eager for a Titans rematch.

Along those lines, they need to keep Jimmy Smith in bubble wrap until the playoffs. Marlon actually struggled a bit yesterday, but I have no complaint about how their 4th and 5th string CBs held up.

• Like 3

Went through the NFL Playoff Machine and here's my best guess

KC beats Falcons and Chargers to clinch #1
Pittsburgh beats Indy and Cleveland to clinch #2
Cleveland beats the Jets (then loses to Pittsburgh)
Indy beats Jags (after losing to Pittsburgh)
Miami loses at Buffalo
Titans beat Texans

Then playoff matchups are:
7 Indy vs 2 Pittsburgh
6 Cleveland vs 3 Buffalo
5 Baltimore vs 4 Tennessee

This is a best case scenario because if either Indy or Cleveland were to pull the upset, they would play KC in the divisional round and the Ravens would avoid them until a potential AFC Championship matchup.

Here’s the craziest part. Because of the new one-bye format, if the Ravens, Browns and Colts were all to somehow pull upsets, then the Ravens would actually get to host a Divisional playoff game as the second-highest remaining seed.

Of all the predictions above to get Baltimore to the #5 seed, the one I'm least confident in is Pittsburgh beating Cleveland in Week 17. If Cleveland wins that one, they get Tennessee in the 4-5 game, with Pittsburgh dropping to #3 behind Buffalo and facing the #6 Ravens in the first round (and Indy playing Buffalo in the other game).

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Why wouldn't it be good for them? 

I'm not sure :lol:

Besides the fact that the game was another horrible showing by the Steelers (who the Ravens could use help from vs Indy & Cleveland), Baltimore (if they win out) wants no part of a tiebreaker with Pittsburgh (if they lose out).

1 hour ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I'm not sure :lol:

Besides the fact that the game was another horrible showing by the Steelers (who the Ravens could use help from vs Indy & Cleveland), Baltimore (if they win out) wants no part of a tiebreaker with Pittsburgh (if they lose out).

It hurts in that if Buffalo beats the Pats this week (very likely), Pitt loses to Indy (coin flip), and Tenn loses to GB (coin flip?), Buffalo will then be locked into the 2 seed and have no incentive to play guys week 17 against Miami.

Ravens need one of these:

Pitt over Indy

Jags over Indy

Pitt over Cleveland

NYJ over Cleveland

Vegas over Miami

Buff over Miami

GB over Tenn AND Houston over Tenn

If Pittsburg hadn’t lost then even with a loss to Indy they’d still be in play for the 2 seed. Now the Indy/Pitt game would be damn close to 2 losses for us in that unless Tenn wins in GB, Buffalo/Miami will tilt Miami’s way. 

• Like 1
On 12/22/2020 at 7:25 AM, Cobbler1 said:

Ravens need one of these:

Pitt over Indy

Jags over Indy

Pitt over Cleveland

NYJ over Cleveland

Vegas over Miami

Buff over Miami

GB over Tenn AND Houston over Tenn

One option down. 

Today's game against the NYG has me worried, though I can't put my finger on exactly why. I'm going Ravens 23, Giants 16

• Like 1

The Raiders sure F’ed us last night. Feel like Steelers beating Colts today is the last chance the Ravens have

If Steelers lose today, then Bills are locked into #2 and will sit guys vs Miami next week. Also if they lose today, then their Week 17 game vs Cleveland is for the AFC North and I don’t see Browns losing that one

Return of Jones for today’s game has me a little worried vs banged up secondary. I see Ravens struggle to score much and hanging onto pull out a 23-17 win that is up for grabs the entire day 

• Like 1