Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What movie do you not like that seems universally loved?

badmojo1006

Not sure if we have done this before, but the Princess Bride thread got me thinking about it

For me, it is ET. I thought it was cloying, sappy and manipulative.

Also brought to the forefront an evil thing in movies, Product Placement

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fight Club.

It's a good movie- fairly entertaining. I don't hate it. But the adulation it receives is way over the top- and loving this film seems to be a sort of litmus test for how cool you are (like carrying around Hermann Hesse and Camus novels).

2001: A Space Odyssey

This gives me a sad.

I gave it another try last fall...it's boring beyond belief (except for the apes part) and isn't nearly as profound as it or it's supporters profess it to be.

you should do a 2001 space odyssey and Tree of Life double feature.

Pulp Fiction

Lord of the Rings (Two Towers was okay)

Godfather

Forrest Gump

City of God

American History X

WALL-E

The Big Lebowski

The Wizard of Oz

these make me sad

City of God was a good movie. How can you not like it?

Fight Club.

It's a good movie- fairly entertaining. I don't hate it. But the adulation it receives is way over the top- and loving this film seems to be a sort of litmus test for how cool you are (like carrying around Hermann Hesse and Camus novels).

I feel the same way about it.

This gives me a sad.

I gave it another try last fall...it's boring beyond belief (except for the apes part) and isn't nearly as profound as it or it's supporters profess it to be.

I was teasing. I get people not liking it. It isn't really easily accessible. But I also think it is a near masterpiece.

Woody Allen movies :mellow:

:goodposting:

you should do a 2001 space odyssey and Tree of Life double feature.

Tree of Life is the very definition of "self important".

City of God was a good movie. How can you not like it?

Who knew that life was rough for people that live in the slums? :shrug:

Hated Heat with a passion when I saw it in the theater. After watching it a couple of more times, I now very much like it.

I hated this, too. Although, I never watched it again. Maybe I should give it another chance.

It's a Wonderful Life

Good choice. My brother insists this is the greatest movie ever made. I don't get it. It's schmaltzy and sappy.

I think the word you're looking for is "idealistic", Mr. Blacky Blackheart.

Wait a minute, you call out Tim for being cynical about "It's a Wonderful Life" and you called me soul less in the Princess Bride thread about ET, but you say you hate "The Wizard of Oz"?

:confused:

It's a Wonderful Life

Good choice. My brother insists this is the greatest movie ever made. I don't get it. It's schmaltzy and sappy.

No sappy and schmaltzy seems about right to me.

It's a Wonderful Life

Wait a minute, you call out Tim for being cynical about "It's a Wonderful Life" and you called me soul less in the Princess Bride thread about ET, but you say you hate "The Wizard of Oz"?

:confused:

I'm consistently inconsistent. :bowtie:

Pulp Fiction. Horrible movie. I like some of QT's other stuff, but this one was just dumb.

I think QT makes all his movies like that. I loved Pulp Fiction, but thought Inglorious Basterds was slow and boring. :shrug:

The Big Lebowski

Yeah, I feel like I missed something with this one. Everyone seems to love it and quote it. I'm not saying it's bad, I guess. I just don't get the appeal.

The first time I saw it was at a midnight viewing with a bunch of BL die-hards. Hated it that night, due in large part to the annoying crowd, but it grew on me with subsequent viewings. Now I like it.

Woody Allen is certainly hit and miss. But I don't know how anyone can hate his classics:

Take the Money and Run

Annie Hall

Hannah and Her Sisters

I like his earlier stuff better. Bananas, Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sex, Sleeper, Love and Death. Beginning with Annie Hall he kind of lost me

The Big Lebowski

Yeah, I feel like I missed something with this one. Everyone seems to love it and quote it. I'm not saying it's bad, I guess. I just don't get the appeal.

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Dr. Strangelove

Monty Python movies

Woody Allen movies

Pulp Fiction is the most overrated movie of all time. Not sure I'd go as far as saying it's bad, but it's just Meh.

Can we get a ban on aisle 1 please?

It's just a flesh wound.

The Big Lebowski

Obviously you're not a golfer.

I am a golfer.

Dr. Strangelove

Monty Python movies

Woody Allen movies

Pulp Fiction is the most overrated movie of all time. Not sure I'd go as far as saying it's bad, but it's just Meh.

Can we get a ban on aisle 1 please?

It's just a flesh wound.

What are you going to do, bleed on me?

Archived