What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ahmad Bradshaw Outlook (1 Viewer)

fbelange

Footballguy
What is everyone thoughts on Bradhsaw's outlook the first few weeks? I believe he is definitely a quality high level RB2 starter, especially eraly in the season when healthy.

The Colts are being hush-hush about what his role will be Sunday, so this has me a bit concerned. Long-term, I think he will emerge as their work-horse back.

Thoughts?

His upside is RB2. Most likely situation is he's a RB2 for 4-5 games, but hurt more often than not and questionable/GTD half the games.

I don't trust his foot situation, but I'm sure he will have a few good games this year.

He'll be on my bench to start the season. Then he'll have a few games where he outscores my RB2 and flex guys and I'll think I should be starting him.. But once I start him I'm sure his nagging injury issues will start to flair up again and he'll end up missing a couple of games, including leaving in the 2nd quarter of the first game I start him...

if you dont start em.. he'll have like 12 carries for a hundred and 2 tds.

if you start em.. the foot will act up..

Im trying to decide between Britt or Ballard as my last flex. .

Provided Ballard doesn't vulture Td's, I'm predicting Bradshaw vastly outperforms his adp. First 6 weeks, he has 3 gtreat match-ups in Oak, Jack and SD.

Literally in the exact same delimma. I'm leaning toward Ballard for this week due to the opponent and the fact that Bradshaw is still practicing with the 2s. If he's practicing with the second string and took zero reps in preseason action, it would seem to me to be quite a stretch for him to suddenly start and wrest 60% of the carries from Ballard. In a game they're likely to be winning easily, they're probably going to be killing the clock with the bigger, healthier guy in Ballard. There's risk, but I'm leaning that way for this week.

Next few weeks - who knows? What if Ballard explodes as the starter? Do they turn around and bench him? And how healthy exactly is Bradshaw?

All good points. I'm a Giants fan so I know his tendencies pretty well. He may not be 110% but if he says hes ready to go, he can usually go out and put up 100 yds with a TD.

I think this is a good situation for him and hes a very hard-nose talented runner. If he can stay relatively healthy he is going to have a big year...I just dont know if this will be the case weeks 1-4.

my worst position is RB. Im starting B-shaw and Murray and have Gio Bernard and Shane Vereen on my bench. Tough call tough call...

Last edited by a moderator:
Literally in the exact same delimma. I'm leaning toward Ballard for this week due to the opponent and the fact that Bradshaw is still practicing with the 2s. If he's practicing with the second string and took zero reps in preseason action, it would seem to me to be quite a stretch for him to suddenly start and wrest 60% of the carries from Ballard. In a game they're likely to be winning easily, they're probably going to be killing the clock with the bigger, healthier guy in Ballard. There's risk, but I'm leaning that way for this week.

Next few weeks - who knows? What if Ballard explodes as the starter? Do they turn around and bench him? And how healthy exactly is Bradshaw?
thinking the same they should have a lead in the second half.. gonna roll with vick. need to see it out of britt first before i throw him in my line up. I dont think he will explode vs. the steelers secondary either. but I will be monitoring him cause he could be a huge boom in future weeks

Full practice the last 2 days. Should be good to go. However, in a likely blowout, he may not be needed to do much in the 2nd half.

Except Brown will get some carries too. This RBBC is a three headed monster. I guess if I were in standard TD heavy scoring format I would go with Ballard this week, otherwise if PPR I would start Bradshaw

i wonder how the workload will be distributed going forward

what do you guys think based on week 1?
No, idea of what's goin on here.

All the internet fantasy experts were talking about Bradshaw "being the starter" or "gettin the lion's share" instead he played only 15 snaps (Ballard 41)

I started Bradhshaw over Shane Vereen....It cost me week 1, and I only lost by 1 point :shrug:

I will keep him on the bench until the Colts put him in for at least 30 plays. Doesnt FF want to make you put your head through a wall sometimes?

His snaps and production will go up every week as long as he is healthy until he gets the lions share. Ballard showed again that he isn't a starter.

His snaps and production will go up every week as long as he is healthy until he gets the lions share. Ballard showed again that he isn't a starter.
I thought Ballard played well, as he did down the stretch last year. He's no world beater, but I think he's underrated.

Coach Chuck Pagano called Vick Ballard's Week 1 pass protection performance "unbelievable."
One of the areas Ahmad Bradshaw was thought to have a significant edge on Ballard was in blocking. But Pagano said Ballard was 6-for-6 in blitz pickups against the Raiders, something that goes a long way for coaches. The incumbent had 14 touches as the leader of the committee while the ex-Giant played just 15 snaps and got eight touches. Bradshaw's rise to the top of this backfield may take a little longer than initially expected.

This completely baffles me. Rotoworld has gone way down (IMO) with the losses of Rosenthal and especially Wessling, and their bias is more evident than ever before. They've hated Ballard forever, and they still do. I agree that a healthy Bradshaw is likely a better talent, but that shouldn't automatically be an indictment of Ballard's talent.

I can't find the snap counts right off, but Ballard dominated them. His 13 carries gained 63 yards, good for 4.85 per. Bradshaw picked up 26 yards on 7 carries, good for 3.71 per. Yet Ballard's clearly not a starting back? :unsure:

If you read the other Bradshaw thread, I gave you your answer weeks ago. ;)
Bradshaw owners are going to go nuts this year. Huge gap between perceived talent of AB and the reality of his situation. If Ballard remains solid Bradshaw will rot on benches burning up a roster spot.

Not gonna lie...this whole situation has me pretty nervous. Bradshaw might not be a good start for a while, and until then he has basically no trade value because of the uncertainty. Ballard needs to either regress this week or get injured for me to regain confidence in drafting Bradshaw where I did.

50/50 split sounds wise by the coaching staff in light of Bradshaw's injury history.

Ballard is a pretty solid complement.

shadyridr said:
Pep Hamilton says Ahmad Bradshaw's role will continue to expand over course of the season. Ideal carries be he and Ballard? 50/50 acc to Pep
For this week that statement is true, going forward Bradshaws role will grow. You also thought Julius Thomas was a scrub.... just sayin.

shadyridr said:
Pep Hamilton says Ahmad Bradshaw's role will continue to expand over course of the season. Ideal carries be he and Ballard? 50/50 acc to Pep
For this week that statement is true, going forward Bradshaws role will grow. You also thought Julius Thomas was a scrub.... just sayin.
Yes, his role will continue to expand until its 50/50 which is the ideal split. Reading 101

Im not starting him, but It doesn't mean I'm down on him. I think eventually he will have a break-through game (sooner rather than later) and he will force Paganos hand. Just my .02

My RB's after ADP are David Wilson, Bradshaw and Ivory. I did not add a RB this week on the WW. I have faith that both Wilson and Bradshaw will be good enough for what I need them to be. I need Wilson to be an RB2 and Bradshaw to fill in on bye weeks. Don't stress Bradshaw for a couple more weeks. Most people should have this guy as a fill in, so they have at least until week 4 if they have guys with the first byes at RB1 or RB2.

shadyridr said:
This is how I see it: 50/50 split this week, with Ballard getting GL carries, if there are any, and Bradshaw getting some receptions. As Bradshaw gets more into game shape and more comfortable with offense, this shifts to 65/35.

EDIT: FYI,

(RotoWire) Ballard (knee) was limited in Thursday's practice, the Anderson Herald Bulletin reports. Analysis: Ballard fully practiced Wednesday and didn't report an issue in last week's game, so this is likely minor. Still, check his status Friday as a sore knee could mean more carries for Ahmad Bradshaw in the running back committee.

Struggling with the value of Bradshaw. Is he a buy low? Kind of thinking he is. What's his value? What's a fair price?

I dont know, from what I saw Ballard ran hard between the tackles and looked a little faster then he did last year. I tend to agree with Shady here that its going to work itself out to a 50/50 split with ballard working the GL which in turn gives him the edge.

It will be interesting to see how Bradshaw responds with a heavier workload.

I can buy the 50-50 split - but not sure why anybody would jump to Ballard being the GL guy
I'm not sure why that is the assumption either.

Ballard had 4 GL carries last year (I know-ridiculously small sample size) & converted just 1

Bradshaw has converted 53% of his GL opps into TDs since he became a regular contributor in 2009.

Vick Ballard out with torn ACL. AB's outlook just got much...much brighter. Who else here is a proud Bradshaw owner today?

Users who are viewing this thread