What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

George Zimmerman Questioned by Police for Threatening Wife With Gun (1 Viewer)

My reading comprehension and/or this article confuses me.

It's her house...from her dad. And they were divvying up stuff.

Yet, it was George who was surprised when the ex and her dad showed up to get more stuff?

So...he's living there and she's not? But the article said the cops were called to "her" house.

I'm completely shuked
Yeah, doesn't make a lot of sense.

That guy really has to learn to carry pepper spray if he's going to carry a gun. If the bad guy is acting aggressively but not threatening your life... Hit 'em with the pepper spray first. Much easier to justify its use, and it is inherently non-lethal, so that severely restricts your criminal liability exposure. Save the gun for when you truly fear for your own life. fly to China to get some strange IMO.
FYP
:lmao:

That guy really has to learn to carry pepper spray if he's going to carry a gun. If the bad guy is acting aggressively but not threatening your life... Hit 'em with the pepper spray first. Much easier to justify its use, and it is inherently non-lethal, so that severely restricts your criminal liability exposure. Save the gun for when you truly fear for your own life. fly to China to get some strange IMO.
FYP
:lol:

FYP
:lmao:
It's funny because it's true!

Love the guys rushing to his defense in here. I'm sure they grant that kind of benefit of the doubt to all accused persons.
I'm not rushing to his defense as much as reserving judgment until more facts come about. It's generally a pretty sound practice. More people need to try it.
3 people saw this. What facts do you think are going to come out?
You mean his soon-to-be-ex-wife, HER DAD and Zimmerman? You're taking her side because divorces are always so amicable and neither side lies? I don't know what or who to believe, but I'm not rushing to her side without some proof. I'm going to need more than her and her dad's word.

Maybe you missed this nugget:

"Morgan said there were allegations that Zimmerman came to the home and Shellie's father was the aggressor in the incident."
I heard he was on top of Zimmerman, pounding George's head into the ground.

Jumping to conclusions with very limited info worked our pretty well last time, no reason not to do it again.

This

Is

Awesome

Hope he does hard time for this. Sort of in the vain of the OJ thing.
I don't want to see him do hard time... but he definitely needs some training on when use of lethal force is justified and the implications of using it, or even threatening to use it, in situations where it is not justified. This was just stupidity, pure and simple.
"Police say Shellie told them that Zimmerman had his hand on his gun and became aggressive, then punched her father. "This doesn't sound like his gun even left its holster.
Doesn't really matter
Right, if we are arguing and I reveal my holstered gun and put my hand on it, that's a pretty serious threat. Certainly more of a threat Trayvon ever presented. Zimmerman is lucky his girl didnt pull a gun and shoot him.
Would have been ironic if she or the FIL had stood their ground

Wife has retracted statements about seeing a firearm. No one is pressing charges against the other. Non story.

My reading comprehension and/or this article confuses me.

It's her house...from her dad. And they were divvying up stuff.

Yet, it was George who was surprised when the ex and her dad showed up to get more stuff?

So...he's living there and she's not? But the article said the cops were called to "her" house.

I'm completely shuked
I'm shocked this story doesn't make sense.

Love the guys rushing to his defense in here. I'm sure they grant that kind of benefit of the doubt to all accused persons.
I'm not rushing to his defense as much as reserving judgment until more facts come about. It's generally a pretty sound practice. More people need to try it.
3 people saw this. What facts do you think are going to come out?
You mean his soon-to-be-ex-wife, HER DAD and Zimmerman? You're taking her side because divorces are always so amicable and neither side lies? I don't know what or who to believe, but I'm not rushing to her side without some proof. I'm going to need more than her and her dad's word.

Maybe you missed this nugget:

"Morgan said there were allegations that Zimmerman came to the home and Shellie's father was the aggressor in the incident."
Maybe the reason it is believable is because tub of goo has a history of this kind of crap.

The link in the OP needs to be re-read. The posted story has changed. Shellie Zimmerman rcanted the contents of her 911 call. Both she and her father are refusing to press charges against George Zimmerman.

Shellie should be facing ... something ... for making a false 911 call. Looks like she was using her husband's notoriety against him ( " ... hey, they'll believe George Zimmerman is acting crazy with a gun even though it's just BS I made up to get back at him ...")

Dude really needs to just divorce amicably and move to Tbet or something. The "he's got a gun!" thing is going to follow him around forever.

Odd we haven't heard a peep from the Zimmerman Fan Club (CH, wrong_mx, and JJ the ######## boy).
Was kinda thinking the same thing but didn't want to jinx the thread. If anything it's another place where jmx can continue his obsession with Tim.

Could it be that his wife is setting up for more money. She's already done multiple interviews and I'm sure a book deal is down the line. Money motivated on her part :shrug:

Could it be that his wife is setting up for more money. She's already done multiple interviews and I'm sure a book deal is down the line. Money motivated on her part :shrug:
She's not at all honest here. Seems that way, anyway.

The link in the OP needs to be re-read. The posted story has changed. Shellie Zimmerman rcanted the contents of her 911 call. Both she and her father are refusing to press charges against George Zimmerman.

Shellie should be facing ... something ... for making a false 911 call. Looks like she was using her husband's notoriety against him ( " ... hey, they'll believe George Zimmerman is acting crazy with a gun even though it's just BS I made up to get back at him ...")

Dude really needs to just divorce amicably and move to Tbet or something. The "he's got a gun!" thing is going to follow him around forever.
Come on. I really don't care much about this story other than the fact that it's great material for cracking jokes. But a decision not to press charges doesn't amount to a vindication of the accused or an admission that the accuser was lying or anything like that. Decisions like this happen all the time when the victim has a close relationship with the accused. Rihanna didn't want to press charges against Chris Brown- guess that makes Brown a class act who doesn't hit women?

Last edited by a moderator:

Come on. I really don't care much about this story other than the fact that it's great material for cracking jokes. But a decision not to press charges doesn't amount to a vindication of the accused or an admission that the accuser was lying or anything like that. Decisions like this happen all the time when the victim has a close relationship with the accused. Rihanna didn't want to press charges against Chris Brown- guess that makes Brown a class act who doesn't hit women?
:goodposting:

I'll draw my own conclusions about a convicted perjurer. It does look like both Shellie and George are socially crippled human beings, though. From the OP's link:

The 911 call seemed frantic: George Zimmerman's sobbing estranged wife said he was threatening her and her father with a gun and she feared for her life. Please come.

Hours later Monday, after police converged on the home in an Orlando suburb and after speaking to her attorney, she changed her story, said Lake

Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell. She said she never saw a gun and that she and her father, whom she said Zimmerman had punched in the face, had no interest in pressing charges.

Police later said they did not find a gun on Zimmerman's person.

Shellie Zimmerman had collected most of her belongings from the house where both she and George had been staying until she moved out. But she had returned unexpectedly Monday to gather the remaining items and emotions got out of control, O'Mara said. Police talked to everyone about what happened, but neither side is pressing charges and no one was arrested.

"I know the 911 tape suggests that Shellie was saying something but I think that was heightened emotions," O'Mara said. "There may have been some pushing and touching. That happens a lot in divorce situations ... Nobody was injured."

Her father also declined to press charges, the police chief said.

Prosecutors, though, could still build a case based on surveillance video from cameras outside the house and also video from the squad cars of officers who responded. Florida law allows police officers to arrest someone for domestic violence without the consent of the victim.

But for the time being, "domestic violence can't be invoked because she has changed her story and says she didn't see a firearm," Bracknell said.

Shellie Zimmerman, who was convicted of perjury last month for lying about the couple's finances at her husband's bail hearing, initially told a 911 dispatcher Monday that her husband had his hand on his gun as he sat in his car outside the home. She said she was scared because she wasn't sure what Zimmerman was capable of doing.

On the 911 call, Shellie Zimmerman is sobbing and repeating "Oh my God" as she talks to a police dispatcher. She yells at her father to get inside the house, saying Zimmerman may start shooting at them.

"He's threatening all of us with a firearm ... He punched my dad in the nose," Shellie Zimmerman said on the call. "I don't know what he's capable of. I'm really scared." She also alleged that George Zimmerman had grabbed an iPad from her hand and smashed it.

"We didn't find a gun," Lake Mary police spokesman Zach Hudson said late Monday night. "We didn't find anything that indicated he had a gun on his person."

"She basically said he made a movement that would be consistent with a movement someone would make if they had a gun," Hudson added.

You're free to draw your own conclusions, but I don't see anything that leads me to believe she fabricated an incident out of nothing, which seems to be what you're suggesting when you say she should face charges for making a fake 911 call. You don't face charges if you simply get one detail wrong.

You're free to draw your own conclusions, but I don't see anything that leads me to believe she fabricated an incident out of nothing, which seems to be what you're suggesting when you say she should face charges for making a fake 911 call. You don't face charges if you simply get one detail wrong.
Besides the fact that the police said so?

Can you show me the quote where the police say nothing happened? I guess I missed it.

The cycle for Mrs. Zimmerman will only be complete when she shoots pron with a hoodie'd faux Trayvon in a simulated rape scene.

Can you show me the quote where the police say nothing happened? I guess I missed it.
As soon as I see one that says he did do something.

So the answer is no, you can't.

I can. But my point still remains. Where is your proof he did all this? The police say that both sides blame the other.

Deputy Police Chief Colin Morgan said officers did not recover a gun, and Bracknell said Shellie Zimmerman later dropped her claim that a gun was involved.

I can. But my point still remains. Where is your proof he did all this? The police say that both sides blame the other.

Deputy Police Chief Colin Morgan said officers did not recover a gun, and Bracknell said Shellie Zimmerman later dropped her claim that a gun was involved.
You seem to have confused me saying "a change of story/refusal to press charges is not conclusive proof that nothing happened" with me saying "he did all this." I have no idea what happened, and neither do you or Doug B. Maybe she made the whole thing up and there was no conflict at all. Maybe he shoved and threatened them but didn't pull a gun. Maybe he even had a gun and disposed of it and they all later decided to drop the gun stuff for the sake of expediency. I have no idea and neither do you. The difference is that only you seem to think the police said nothing happened, which is false. They never said that. If you're looking for some silly debate over what did and didn't happen, you'll have to keep looking.

Innocent until proven guilty down?
This isn't a court of law down?
Never said it was a court of law. You're free to think whatever you want about the guy. You are allowed to jump to all the incorrect conclusions you want, for all I care.
Then why ask the question? LE wasn't treating him as guilty and you don't care what anyone's conclusions are. Pretty pointless to ask if you do t care.

Never said it was a court of law. You're free to think whatever you want about the guy. You are allowed to jump to all the incorrect conclusions you want, for all I care.
Then why ask the question? LE wasn't treating him as guilty and you don't care what anyone's conclusions are. Pretty pointless to ask if you do t care.
Who is LE? You must think I care what you think? You've proved how ignorant you are in that last thread you tried to debate me on with "facts" from something I never said. You're simple minded and I couldn't care less how you feel or what you think.

Who is LE? You must think I care what you think? You've proved how ignorant you are in that last thread you tried to debate me on with "facts" from something I never said. You're simple minded and I couldn't care less how you feel or what you think.
LE = Law Enforcement. Weird that you used the word "you" repeatedly in a reply to me when you don't care what I think (or replied to me at all). But I guess I made that up too, simpleton.

Shouldn't imply to a 911 dispatcher that a gun is drawn and visible if it truly isn't.

I believe you're right, though. Shellie won't get in trouble for the 911 call. She'll be able to plausibly argue that "George Zimmerman with his hand near his glovebox" is close enough to "George Zimmerman with gun drawn".

The incident, as it was, wasn't exactly fabricated -- looks like all parties involved got their dander up. But when you start throwing around "gun" and "might start shooting" when on the phone with 911, you've escalated things considerably. I think it's unfair for her to play the "Where there's George, there's a gun" card against George in domestic squabbles (and it's still out of bounds even as she knows he's carrying so long as the weapon is not drawn). She knows that's a button she can press to get at George -- "The cops will run out here quick if I just hint at you and your gun!"

LE = Law Enforcement. Weird that you used the word "you" repeatedly in a reply to me when you don't care what I think (or replied to me at all). But I guess I made that up too, simpleton.
Yes. I'm simple. You got me.

Zimmerman's lawyer went on CNN and said George did have a gun. Guess that was before they all got their stories straight.

Zimmerman's lawyer went on CNN and said George did have a gun. Guess that was before they all got their stories straight.
Actually, he said he believed GZ had his gun on him. But I don't believe he had his gun on him. So that makes it 1 against 1 for people who weren't there to know the actual facts.

He seems to always have one in his glovebox. Did his lwayer get specific and say something like "it was in his car" or "he had it holstered"?

If (big, unsubstantiated "if") George, indeed, drew on his wife and father-in-law ... it's puzzling and unfortunate that they let him off the hook.

Users who are viewing this thread