What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (2 Viewers)

There were tons of OMG HOLY #### moments in Ozark that blew this one away. Also, probably shouldnt post spoilers of other shows in a thread not dedicated to that show.

the only ones I got were OMG HOLY #### this show is overrated

As soon as Howard said that he was going to spend his life making Saul/Kim pay, I said to Mr. krista that he's gonna die, since he wasn't a part of BB.  And then when the candle flickered, I said he's gonna die by Lalo.  And yet, despite all that, I was still shocked and blown away (no pun intended) when it happened.  What a scene.

I'm also +1 on the praise for the actor portraying Howard.  It's hard to portray someone so human, with worthwhile qualities and an evident effort to do good, combined with an ego that interferes with all of it.  He could make you hate him while wondering why, and love him with the same reaction.  The last episode was a tour de force.

Also +1 on the scene where he makes the peace-sign coffee and his wife dumps it in her to-go cup.  Little brilliant bits like that are what make me put this in my top 3 of shows, ever.

Earlier this season I told worrierqueen that I didn't understand why they kept Howard in the show. I felt like the Howard scenes were a distraction from the really great stuff like Nacho's story.  I thought HHM was just something from the past and that Howard as the victim of Jimmy and Kim's ongoing scams was a distraction from the main story. Howard was unnecessary.

I was wrong.  Very wrong. 

The hold music when Lalo called Hector = :lmao:  *millions

Well done Chicken Man :thumbup:

Also, it occurred to me how much Mrs. SLB used to be like Kim back in the day.  I'm so boring and domesticated now. 

krista4 said:
As soon as Howard said that he was going to spend his life making Saul/Kim pay, I said to Mr. krista that he's gonna die, since he wasn't a part of BB.  And then when the candle flickered, I said he's gonna die by Lalo.  And yet, despite all that, I was still shocked and blown away (no pun intended) when it happened.  What a scene.

I'm also +1 on the praise for the actor portraying Howard.  It's hard to portray someone so human, with worthwhile qualities and an evident effort to do good, combined with an ego that interferes with all of it.  He could make you hate him while wondering why, and love him with the same reaction.  The last episode was a tour de force.

Also +1 on the scene where he makes the peace-sign coffee and his wife dumps it in her to-go cup.  Little brilliant bits like that are what make me put this in my top 3 of shows, ever.
I always highly rate shows that are great with attention to the little details like this, but I think this crew from BB and through BCS does it the very best. 

I always highly rate shows that are great with attention to the little details like this, but I think this crew from BB and through BCS does it the very best. 
I love the tidbits you can find on IMDB trivia.

For the penultimate episode, they have these nuggets (spoilers?):

The opening teaser reveals Kim's mother is driving a car with Nebraska plates. The numbering system of 80's Nebraska plates started with the county number, which in this scene indicates Webster County, Nebraska. That county's largest town and county seat is Red Cloud, which was the place name associated with the Jr. High School in the Kim flashback teaser in Season 5

The earrings and necklace Kim tries to take at the beginning of the episode (that Mrs. Wexler ends up stealing for her), are worn by Kim throughout the series

I love the tidbits you can find on IMDB trivia.

For the penultimate episode, they have these nuggets (spoilers?):

The opening teaser reveals Kim's mother is driving a car with Nebraska plates. The numbering system of 80's Nebraska plates started with the county number, which in this scene indicates Webster County, Nebraska. That county's largest town and county seat is Red Cloud, which was the place name associated with the Jr. High School in the Kim flashback teaser in Season 5

The earrings and necklace Kim tries to take at the beginning of the episode (that Mrs. Wexler ends up stealing for her), are worn by Kim throughout the series
Maybe no show in history does details like BCS. Crazy. 

The hold music when Lalo called Hector = :lmao:  *millions

Well done Chicken Man :thumbup:

Also, it occurred to me how much Mrs. SLB used to be like Kim back in the day.  I'm so boring and domesticated now. 

After posting this remembered several occasions when our phone rang in the wee hours of the morning from one of my GBs needing medical attention from Mrs. SLB. 

lol, oh the good old days :( :kicksrock:

Ohhhh, I'm not clicking that link because I remember it, too.  :(  
I took a Comm Law and Ethics class in college where they showed us this to start a discussion on whether TV News had an obligation to show the video when discussing it or even if it was necessary. I think only a handful of stations nationally decided to go ahead and show it - of course, I don’t think any would today (now people can go online and find if they really need/want to.) Anyway, I can still picture it like it just happened yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your link goes to a Wiki page.  What exactly happened at the news conference video that shook you?
uhhh, the video I saw was before it was known that he was going to shoot himself and in the course of a press conference,  he pulls out a gun and commits suicide.

uhhh, the video I saw was before it was known that he was going to shoot himself and in the course of a press conference,  he pulls out a gun and commits suicide.

Yep. Pulls a pistol out of a large envelope, puts it under his chin and blows his brains thru the top of his head right there at the podium.

Yep. Pulls a pistol out of a large envelope, puts it under his chin and blows his brains thru the top of his head right there at the podium.
I remember when it happened and can still picture the faucet of blood coming out of his nose. Freaked me the F out.

Here is my prediction for what happens to Kim, Jimmy, and Lalo:

Episode 8 starts as episode 7 ends with Lalo in Kim and Jimmy's apartment. Lalo doesn't kill them but tells them he needs them for a plot that has to do with Gus. As Lalo is leaving, Kim can't help herself and follows Lalo outside. She has been thinking of him for some time and is drawn to his power and charisma. She whispers to him "if you need anything, anything at all, please don't hesitate." They exchange a look and Lalo goes on his way.

The next episode Jimmy leaves for work and Kim is in the apartment alone. There is a knock at the door. It is Lalo. Kim says nothing. Jump cut to Lalo and Kim making mad, passionate love. They are really, really going at it.

A few nights later Kim and Jimmy are out to dinner when Kim starts feeling itchy. It starts with an itch here and there but within hours she has a brutal, full-body rash. It's on every part of her body. In her mouth, her eyes, everywhere. They go to the hospital where they run some tests. She looks like burn victim at this point. She can't really move or speak. The doctor then tells Jimmy the diagnosis. It's herpes. A really bad case. Jimmy can't believe it. He goes in to ask Kim why she would have herpes. She never had it before and Jimmy doesn't have it. "What happened? Who gave this to you? Who did you sleep with?" Jimmy is confused and angry about being cheated on but his emotions turn to sadness as Kim perishes right in front of him, dead from herpes.

The rest of the series has Jimmy walking around in a daze. He can't believe Kim is gone and can't believe she slept with someone else. Jimmy screws up Lalo's plan he was a part of due to being in a fog about Kim's death. Jimmy's mistakes allow Gus to get the upper hand on Lalo.

In the final episode Jimmy is alone in his apartment looking at a picture of Kim when the candle flickers. In comes Lalo to kill Jimmy for screwing everything up. Jimmy doesn't even care at this point. "Go ahead and just do it. I have nothing to live for anyway." While Lalo is screwing on the silencer he stops for a second and itches his crotch. Jimmy sees this and immediately makes the connection. It was Lalo who gave Kim herpes. Jimmy's resignation turns to rage. He grabs that pineapple-looking top for the anejo bottle and throws it at Lalo's face. "Choke on this you son-of-a-#####!" The bottle top goes right into Lalo's mouth and lodges in his throat. He chokes to death right in front of Jimmy. Jimmy stands over Lalo's body and says the line from the preview, "so after all that, a happy ending." Kim dead from herpes, Lalo chokes on the bottle top and Jimmy begins his life alone as Saul.
If only Kim had banged Lalo in his car rather than her apartment when she caught the herp, she could have gotten $5.2M from Geico to replace Jimmy's Sandpiper money.  

And everyone says she is sooo smart.  Hah. 

IMO Lalo has to die, at least sometime between now and when Gus is telling Hector that he killed Eladio and all his men, including Hector's grandson Joaquin, and says..."He was the only family you had left...and now the Salamanca name dies with you"...

BB/BCS Writers are way too detail oriented to contradict that now. 

IMO Lalo has to die, at least sometime between now and when Gus is telling Hector that he killed Eladio and all his men, including Hector's grandson Joaquin, and says..."He was the only family you had left...and now the Salamanca name dies with you"...

BB/BCS Writers are way too detail oriented to contradict that now. 
Yes and no.  That could have been Gus still continuing the ruse that Lalo was dead (when he knew otherwise), although it's unlikely that Hector, despite Gus' taunts, would have broken down in tears if he knew Lalo was still alive. 

Yes and no.  That could have been Gus still continuing the ruse that Lalo was dead (when he knew otherwise), although it's unlikely that Hector, despite Gus' taunts, would have broken down in tears if he knew Lalo was still alive. 
At the current point in BCS Hector and Gus both know Lalo is alive.  Hector and Gus obviously think/know Lalo is dead in the BB scene by his reaction.  If Hector didn't know about Lalo being dead prior to that scene, then Gus would have mentioned him by name after all this, along with Joaquin. 

Would be something if it turns out Lalo had been buried beneath the super lab all during BB. 

Excited to see how they pick back up after one of the best scenes in TV history. I'm guessing we're in for some Gene activity in the Cinnabon 
In my mind the rest of the Gene stuff should come at the very end of the last episode (maybe the whole last episode), to show one way or another how the Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman/Gene Takavac total story wraps up.  Am I off in thinking that? 

After the way the last episode ended, I don't think there is anywhere you can start the next episode other than in Kim's apartment. 

In my mind the rest of the Gene stuff should come at the very end of the last episode (maybe the whole last episode), to show one way or another how the Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman/Gene Takavac total story wraps up.  Am I off in thinking that? 

After the way the last episode ended, I don't think there is anywhere you can start the next episode other than in Kim's apartment. 
Just going off of how they did Breaking Bad with that prediction. I think both halves of the final season started with an intro that was really, chronologically part of the final episode. 

The writers are also masters of slowing things down when they are so intense. 

IDK, just guessing. So stoked for tonight.

Just going off of how they did Breaking Bad with that prediction. I think both halves of the final season started with an intro that was really, chronologically part of the final episode. 

The writers are also masters of slowing things down when they are so intense. 

IDK, just guessing. So stoked for tonight.
The writers said they didn’t know that this last season would be split up the way it was, meaning they didn’t know tonight’s episode would be the start of the second half. Just something to consider. :)

I was rewatching some BB episodes during AMC's marathon this weekend and really hoping there are no Skylar cameos.  I thought I was being hard on her initially and then the episode ran where she gave the rest of Walt's money to Ted  🤦‍♂️😂

Excited to see how they pick back up after one of the best scenes in TV history. I'm guessing we're in for some Gene activity in the Cinnabon 
The way the promos are being framed and how the “what you need to know” video ends with “gene has been made” in the flash-forward, I think we get much more Gene. 

So...  BCS is on A&E.  We are just about to switch to YoutubeTV, which does not have A&E.  How are others without traditional cable/satellite watching A&E?   

Users who are viewing this thread