Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time

Rotoworld:

Speaking Thursday, Arian Foster remained noncommittal on his Week 5 status.

Foster returned to practice Thursday, but was limited. "I’m just going to go out there everyday and see how it feels," Foster said. "If it feels good enough to play, I’ll suit up." Foster is trending toward his third straight game-time decision, and shaping up as a shaky RB2 even against the Cowboys' soft defense. Foster was nowhere near 100 percent in last week's win over the Bills, and could need a week on the bench.
Oct 2 - 1:27 PM
Edited by Faust
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I traded for Arian after week 2 knowing full well the risk I was taking on. It sucks that he's done in week 7 but I I'll take the 3 very productive weeks he gave my lineup that helped me go 3-0 with

So we'll definitely see him in preseason then.

I think you just took the title of Top Turd from him.

Lol.......yeah, let's not play the team's best back because who cares about winning. Thousands of people's fantasy teams are more important.

If you're referring to people wanting Foster to sit until he's healthy, it would be mutually beneficial for both HOU and people's fantasy teams if he didn't play injured. I'll just point to last year.

Lol.......yeah, let's not play the team's best back because who cares about winning. Thousands of people's fantasy teams are more important.

If you're referring to people wanting Foster to sit until he's healthy, it would be mutually beneficial for both HOU and people's fantasy teams if he didn't play injured. I'll just point to last year.

In theory, yes, but how is that true at all in reality? Anyone who watches the Texans knows with 99% certainty that the Texans have NO chance of winning games Foster doesn't play in and that's just the reality of the situation. It's football and all players get banged up and a lot of players play at less than 100% for large portions of the season. Foster is no exception. He's not optimally healthy but he's healthy enough to play and be more effective than his backups.

If Rashad Jennings or James Starks was the backup down there, then I'd probably agree with you. As a fantasy guy, yes I hate the uncertainty with Foster. But as a guy watching a football game on Sunday, I KNOW that its not worth watching if Foster isn't out there.

Even from our selfish fantasy perspectives, if Foster plays, it's still beneficial because he is going to score some points. It's only not beneficial if we have better options and aren't smart enough to choose them.

Too many fantasy people want everything in a nice black and white box. Completely healthy so they can start their guy and not think twice. But that's what a great portion of this is about. It's not the draft slot that determines championships in fantasy. It's the incremental adjustments.

Edited by Shutout

Listening to sports talk in Houston, including an Arian interview yesterday, I really get the impression he is going to sit this week or be used very sparingly. If you have a reasonable option to Arian this week, I would play it over Arian.

Arian Foster is probable for Sunday's game. Andre Johnson is questionable. #Texans

Very interesting. The probable tag essentially makes him a lock to play.

This might seem like a silly question, but what incentive does Houston have to be honest with their designations (whether it be probable, questionable, etc). What would be the punishment if they listed a guy probable and then he didn't end up playing?

Arian Foster is probable for Sunday's game. Andre Johnson is questionable. #Texans

This might seem like a silly question, but what incentive does Houston have to be honest with their designations (whether it be probable, questionable, etc). What would be the punishment if they listed a guy probable and then he didn't end up playing?

I don't know, but if there is a punishment, why risk it and list him probable when he can just be listed as questionable. Don't think Houston's intentions would be for Dallas to prepare for Foster these remaining days, and to then trick them and be overwhelmed by Blue or Grimes instead.

It may have something to do with transparency (i.e. gambling)... in theory, if his status is not truthfully disclosed to the public, those that may have access to the truth may take advantage of that fact with their local booking agent. Not sure of the punishment (if any) if found to be intentionally misleading however.

Think of it as insider trading.

In theory.

It may have something to do with transparency (i.e. gambling)... in theory, if his status is not truthfully disclosed to the public, those that may have access to the truth may take advantage of that fact with their local booking agent. Not sure of the punishment (if any) if found to be intentionally misleading however.

Think of it as insider trading.

In theory.

I think it's hard to punish, looks at the Pats. Hell, Talib even came out saying that they purposely mislead people by listing players as having the wrong injury (he said he had a calf injury but NE purposely listed him with a hip injury instead).

Probable just means he'll probably be active (and not de-activated). That doesn't necessarily mean he'll get snaps or carries, and sure doesn't mean he'll get RB1 snaps and carries.

Last week he made a go of it to help the team in his limited capacity. If he won't rest it, and the team won't make him rest it, the hammy could take a while to improve. And every time he goes out there he's risking re-aggravation. It doesn't sound like it's improved much or any since last week, and it probably won't until he rests it. It's possible that this goes on like last week for a while until it gradually heals or he re-aggravates it to the point that they make him rest. Bad situation, imo.

No one is offering squat for Foster, not even Ivory straight up. So if he is a headache you are tired of dealing with, you will literally have to give him away or drop him. My approach is to just play him if he is a go, and sit him if he isn't. He scored 13 points last week (ppr), so I can live with that.

No one is offering squat for Foster, not even Ivory straight up. So if he is a headache you are tired of dealing with, you will literally have to give him away or drop him. My approach is to just play him if he is a go, and sit him if he isn't. He scored 13 points last week (ppr), so I can live with that.

PPR is a nice security blanket

• Like 1

i benched him for ivory. pretty upsetting. just couldnt believe that he was actually healthy after his performance last week. well, hopefully he didnt do any damage and will remain a stud. he sure looked great today. he was making the same unreal cuts that he used to make.

i benched him for ivory. pretty upsetting. just couldnt believe that he was actually healthy after his performance last week. well, hopefully he didnt do any damage and will remain a stud. he sure looked great today. he was making the same unreal cuts that he used to make.

Lol

Ouch

Lol

team will still be 5-0. makes the points title a bit harder tho.

im sure none of the rest of you guys care, but reegus absolutely does if you check his post history. i gotta keep my stalkers informed.

I benched him as well in one league and started Khiry Robinson. It worked out OK but I too took the approach that in any league where I had a decent option I needed Foster to show he was healthy before starting him.

I benched him as well in one league and started Khiry Robinson. It worked out OK but I too took the approach that in any league where I had a decent option I needed Foster to show he was healthy before starting him.

The problem with this approach with Foster, is that he shows you he's healthy in a game like you saw on Sunday. Then when you have the confidence to start him again, he's hurt.

Listening to sports talk in Houston, including an Arian interview yesterday, I really get the impression he is going to sit this week or be used very sparingly. If you have a reasonable option to Arian this week, I would play it over Arian.

I apologize to anyone who may have taken my advice. I am like Sargent Schultz and I know nothing. If it is any consolation, I will likely lose this week because I started Richardson instead of Foster. I think the Texans

were trying to dupe the Cowboys into thinking that Foster might not play much, and I fell for it. Again, my apologies.

I don't know why this is so difficult. You have a great player with a solid body of work to draw upon. You don't have to let a few recent incidents draw this conclusion that he is always hurt.

He's a RB. They all their moments with injuries. It's simple: you watch the inactives. If he is active, you start him. He's not like megaton where he starts and gets you a point. In ppr, he's going to get you 6-7 just by default. You can do worse and most weeks you'll get 15+

Edited by Shutout

thats how i usually treat these guys, but after last week it wasnt so clear. i mean, he was active and then hardly played bc his hammy was still hurt and looked poor in the process. it was hard for me to believe he had healed in the week after that.

also, that theory didnt work so well with calvin johnson either.

He still gave you 10+ in PPR even with an awful day two weeks ago. Seeing that, that only way I was sitting him is if I believed he would re-injure himself in game or was worse off than the previous week (obviously not with the probable tag). As long as he was at least the same health wise as he was when he gave me 12-13 in PPR I wasn't going to sit him.

He still gave you 10+ in PPR even with an awful day two weeks ago. Seeing that, that only way I was sitting him is if I believed he would re-injure himself in game or was worse off than the previous week (obviously not with the probable tag). As long as he was at least the same health wise as he was when he gave me 12-13 in PPR I wasn't going to sit him.

How about non-PPR? He got me 6.1 last week while I had 2 better options on my bench. This week I left him on my bench in favor of Khiry. I've also started Calvin the last 2 weeks and have gotten nothing. Hind sight's 20-20.

How about non-PPR? He got me 6.1 last week while I had 2 better options on my bench. This week I left him on my bench in favor of Khiry. I've also started Calvin the last 2 weeks and have gotten nothing. Hind sight's 20-20.

Much tougher decision IMO but I can't relate so that thought never crossed my mind. Regardless, if he plays I'll play him. If it backfires I'm comfortable with it.

Edited by SameSongNDance