What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (3 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

If the Texans practiced Monday, Arian Foster (hamstring) would have been listed as "did not participate."

We're watching Foster extra closely this week as he's still battling a recurring hamstring issue, had 25 touches on Sunday and has to play again Thursday. He should be fine, but it's far from ideal. Backup Alfred Blue (knee) would have also been listed as a non-participant Monday as well as Andre Johnson (ankle).

Related: Alfred Blue

Source: CSN Houston

Oct 7 - 8:47 AM

Rotoworld wants Foster out of the league so badly. Their little write-ups are constantly dinging him, even when he puts up one of the best performances of the year. Too funny.

Indy hasn't given up too much yardage on the ground this year, but that's mostly due to teams abandoning the run after they've bombed away on them. Think he's set up for another day of heavy usage, and then ten days of rest.

Rotoworld wants Foster out of the league so badly. Their little write-ups are constantly dinging him, even when he puts up one of the best performances of the year. Too funny.

Indy hasn't given up too much yardage on the ground this year, but that's mostly due to teams abandoning the run after they've bombed away on them. Think he's set up for another day of heavy usage, and then ten days of rest.
Keep in mind that the Colts defense is also on short rest.

But they are at home and that seems to be a big thing in these TNF games.

Back in the days when I was still silly enough to read Roto for their "analysis", I set my dynasty teams back about 3-5 years by listening to their takes. Since I have adjusted and now only rely on them to timely report events (this guy is in, this guy is out, this guy was just hurt, etc), my teams are much better.

My personal favorite, to this day, is reading over and over about how this Jamaal Charles was (and I am nearly exactly quoting here) "never going to be anything more than a 3rd down back and isn't worth holding in dynasty".

My favorite thing this year is how the Roto boys have apparently stumbled across a new, fun buzz catch-phrase this year. This season, anyone not known as an auto stud player has been labeled as a "touchdown-dependent flex play".

Last edited by a moderator:

:confused: Not a fan of roto blurbs, but I'm not seeing anything scathing in that one, and the one from after the game was positive as well.

Back in the days when I was still silly enough to read Roto for their "analysis", I set my dynasty teams back about 3-5 years by listening to their takes. Since I have adjusted and now only rely on them to timely report events (this guy is in, this guy is out, this guy was just hurt, etc), my teams are much better. My personal favorite, to this day, is reading over and over about how this Jamaal Charles was (and I am nearly exactly quoting here) "never going to be anything more than a 3rd down back and isn't worth holding in dynasty".

My favorite thing this year is how the Roto boys have apparently stumbled across a new, fun buzz catch-phrase this year. This season, anyone not known as an auto stud player has been labeled as a "touchdown-dependent flex play".
I noticed that one too! That's getting a lot of run for TEs as well.

Shutout said:
Squintz82 said:

Not true of the Giants Redskins game. It's a division game I think it will be closer than people think and if Foster goes he's in my lineup. Teams have run on Indianapolis as well.

Shutout said:
Squintz82 said:

Not true of the Giants Redskins game. It's a division game I think it will be closer than people think and if Foster goes he's in my lineup. Teams have run on Indianapolis as well.
Divisional games are also pretty awesome because it gives us extra historical data to work with. In his career, this is what Foster has done vs. IND..

33/231/1 - 1/7/0

15/102/1 - 9/65/0

23/158/1 - 3/16/0

27/165/0 - 2/4/0

16/96/1 - 2/23/0

Over the past half decade, IND has essentially been Foster's #####. He's never scored less than 15 points in standard vs. them.

Shutout said:
Squintz82 said:

Divisional games are also pretty awesome because it gives us extra historical data to work with. In his career, this is what Foster has done vs. IND..

33/231/1 - 1/7/0

15/102/1 - 9/65/0

23/158/1 - 3/16/0

27/165/0 - 2/4/0

16/96/1 - 2/23/0

Over the past half decade, IND has essentially been Foster's #####. He's never scored less than 15 points in standard vs. them.
:o

Texans coach Bill O'Brien fully expects Arian Foster (hamstring) to start Thursday's game against the Colts.
"Oh yeah," was O'Brien's exact response when asked if Foster would be ready on a short week. The Texans are predictably limiting Foster's practice reps after he handled the ball 25 times against the Cowboys, but he escaped without setbacks. Foster is an elite RB1 whenever he's healthy enough for bell-cow duties.

Shutout said:
Squintz82 said:

No, the game is in Houston.

He still gave you 10+ in PPR even with an awful day two weeks ago. Seeing that, that only way I was sitting him is if I believed he would re-injure himself in game or was worse off than the previous week (obviously not with the probable tag). As long as he was at least the same health wise as he was when he gave me 12-13 in PPR I wasn't going to sit him.
ofc it was not obv that he did not reinjure himself or come out of the game worse off. remember, he participated in practice leading up to that game. this recent game, despite being probable, he did not practice. and he admitted he wasnt healthy during that game and that he was just trying to get through it without further injury and that he was unable to do anything but catch passes.

He still gave you 10+ in PPR even with an awful day two weeks ago. Seeing that, that only way I was sitting him is if I believed he would re-injure himself in game or was worse off than the previous week (obviously not with the probable tag). As long as he was at least the same health wise as he was when he gave me 12-13 in PPR I wasn't going to sit him.
ofc it was not obv that he did not reinjure himself or come out of the game worse off. remember, he participated in practice leading up to that game. this recent game, despite being probable, he did not practice. and he admitted he wasnt healthy during that game and that he was just trying to get through it without further injury and that he was unable to do anything but catch passes.
I thought it was obvious once he was dubbed with the probable tag. Didn't that also erase the GTD tag? Regardless, this really is all hindsight. Truth is my next best option was probably Steven Jackson, so yeah, I was rolling him out if he played regardless. I can see someone with another, let's say, top 20 option, having a rough decision to make.

Let's move onto the fact that he's averaged 25 PPG in PPR vs. IND in his lifetime. I wonder if there's any other team whose been gashed like IND has by Foster recently. Granted, teams change greatly YTY but there's nothing specifically imposing about this match-up either. They are a middle of the road match-up for RBs (allowing 15th most points to RBs in PPR) and they haven't faced anyone like Foster yet (DEN, PHI, JAC, TEN, BAL). He seems like a no-brainer high-end RB1 this week to me.

No complaints so far and I just hope he stays relatively healthy.

But man he would be producing even better if Fitzpatrick wasnt so terrible.

Rotoworld:

Arian Foster rushed 20 times for 109 yards and two touchdowns in Houston's Week 6 loss to the Colts, adding three catches for an additional 32 yards.

Foster's hamstring was a nonissue on the short week, as he sliced, diced and glided through the Colts' defense. The 100-yard effort was his fourth in four healthy games, and gives him 513 yards through the season's first six weeks despite missing one game and the majority of another. Foster has emphatically proven that he's still an elite talent, one worth building an offense around. He just has to stay on the field. Foster will be a top-three RB1 against the Steelers in Week 7.

Oct 10 - 12:09 AM

Remember last week when he should sit for about 2 weeks?

:lmao: these boards crack me up with all the experts.
:lmao: I know right. ####### scrubs wanting to see their top option healthy. What a joke! I just hope you stick around and continue with your profound contributions.
The stats speak for themselves. Have you not seen what happened the past 2 weeks?
Nah, I just frequent this thread and post observations, info and stats for ####s an giggles. Has he been performing well?

It's a shame his career will be limited by all the injuries. When he's right, he's one of the best to play in this era of the dying breed of bell cows. He's a special player who could have been one of the greats of all time with some longevity. He burned me in FF last year so I couldn't bring myself to draft him this year but I'm still a huge fan of this guy and liked seeing him succeed last night.

It's a shame his career will be limited by all the injuries. When he's right, he's one of the best to play in this era of the dying breed of bell cows. He's a special player who could have been one of the greats of all time with some longevity. He burned me in FF last year so I couldn't bring myself to draft him this year but I'm still a huge fan of this guy and liked seeing him succeed last night.
:lmao: limited by all the injuries? Has he been injured more than the average RB in his career?

Now he gets a long rest period. I like his prospects the remainder of the season!
And another with a week 10 bye.
Yeah, I really like the spacing for rest for him this year with their bye and schedule. Sets up very well for a team where the two biggest stars are vets with small injuries.

What can you say about Foster. For the believers, it's such a thrill to see him live up to what we thought. For the non-believers, not to rub any salt, but you just can't ignore what he means to this team and then look at the production. Since he became a starter, his chances at 100 yards and/or a TD a game dwarf everyone, even Peterson and Rice when they were so good.

Its just really good to see. Not so much because he's on someone's fantasy team or not, but because in FF we NEED some of these players that defy being put into a nice little stat box. Seems like everyone wants to have a nice little black and white stat chart or some IF/THEN flow chart to automatically make all the decisions these days and, IMO, that just dumbs it down to be boring.

I don't want to feel like an iditot for trading away a 28 year old RB because of age. Sometimes, I WANT to watch it with my own eyes and say "I think Gore still has it" or, "hey, you know what? Because I actually WATCHED this player, I think I can ignore the 6.567 YPC for this receiver and I can predict that I think he is about to take off."

Foster looks good. Smooth, good wiggle, nice moves, getting that extra yard or so.

Wasnt seeing this last year.
The glide is back. That's really all you need to know about Foster. When you see him gliding like that, you know he feels good.

That one quick switchback last night in the 4th where he pops his hand up and cuts back. Was only a 3 yard play but should have been -2. That is what makes Foster Foster because sometimes when he is feeling good enough to do that, that cutback turns into 28 yards.

:lmao: limited by all the injuries? Has he been injured more than the average RB in his career?
No kidding. What Rb can you look at a 6-8 year chunk of career and not find some downtime?

I don't want to go too far, but, FF-wise, at least, I'd put his career up against any RB not in the super elite fantasy arc (Faulk, etc).

To me, his run right now is every bit as impressive as the golden Shaun Alexander years, the Larry Johnson years, Priest, etc.

He's not as good as Terrell Davis' impact but he has a long impact already (unless he drops dead tomorrow).

I traded Patterson for him straight up when he missed week 3. Absolutely love watching him play. The fact that they leaned on him when trailing by a large margin speaks for itself.

I just wanted to share a couple things Foster related. You would think this guy was as old as Fred Jackson the way people view him but he did just turn 28 in August.

A guy in one of my leagues yesterday sent me an off er of Doug Martin and my choice of two of James Jones, Steve Smith and Golden Tate for Arian Foster and C. Patterson. I replied that I was pretty happy with Foster. He comes back and says Foster is injury prone. Martin just came back and will be fine. After he scored the 2nd td last night I let him know that I like the injury prone Foster just fine. He just responded with LOL.

I know he seems to always be on the injury report but the guy just keeps churning out high level numbers when he plays.

He's untradable in my dynasty. Contenders are saying they might give a 2nd round pick. 'Injury prone'. It's a ####### joke.

I'm rebuilding and probably won't really capitalize on Foster's production in the next 2 years. If his name was LT. and he was 28 and putting up these numbers he'd go for a first plus.

He's untradable in my dynasty. Contenders are saying they might give a 2nd round pick. 'Injury prone'. It's a ####### joke.

I'm rebuilding and probably won't really capitalize on Foster's production in the next 2 years. If his name was LT. and he was 28 and putting up these numbers he'd go for a first plus.
So So true. It's funny how these contenders will sit and watch him put up 20+ all season and never get it. Its a waste for you and them.

Yeah, when L.T. was 28, you would have to back up a truck to get him but for some reason, all Foster has done is something like #1, #3, #3...oops..a RB got hurt, go figure...ok, I'm back...100+ game, 100+ game, 100+ game, 100+ game....Guess he's dead..not worth anything.

My advice to you: hold him and in about 5 weeks you can send out an email to all those nervous contenders saying "ok, who wants the guy that is going to put you over the top?" because by then you will have several teams jockeying and a top 5 RB MIGHT be considered valuable to them for their playoff hopes.

The glide is back. That's really all you need to know about Foster. When you see him gliding like that, you know he feels good.

That one quick switchback last night in the 4th where he pops his hand up and cuts back. Was only a 3 yard play but should have been -2. That is what makes Foster Foster because sometimes when he is feeling good enough to do that, that cutback turns into 28 yards.
Yes it is! That first red zone carry where he got into a pile a couple yards past the line of scrimmage... kept the legs driving, then popped right up after the whistle... pretty much erased any hamstring concerns for me.

No kidding. What Rb can you look at a 6-8 year chunk of career and not find some downtime?

I don't want to go too far, but, FF-wise, at least, I'd put his career up against any RB not in the super elite fantasy arc (Faulk, etc).

To me, his run right now is every bit as impressive as the golden Shaun Alexander years, the Larry Johnson years, Priest, etc.

He's not as good as Terrell Davis' impact but he has a long impact already (unless he drops dead tomorrow).
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's not unlike most RBs with the injuries, it's more of a selfish thing for me. I would have liked to have seen him play for much longer at an elite level because I do think he's in a tier above Terrell Davis all time with his receiving skills.

I don't think he's untradeable in dynasty - just not for a 2nd rounder. He's a perfect sell high for a 28-year old back, in my opinion.

No kidding. What Rb can you look at a 6-8 year chunk of career and not find some downtime?I don't want to go too far, but, FF-wise, at least, I'd put his career up against any RB not in the super elite fantasy arc (Faulk, etc).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's not unlike most RBs with the injuries, it's more of a selfish thing for me. I would have liked to have seen him play for much longer at an elite level because I do think he's in a tier above Terrell Davis all time with his receiving skills.
You talk about him like he's already done. Weird.

So So true. It's funny how these contenders will sit and watch him put up 20+ all season and never get it. Its a waste for you and them.

Yeah, when L.T. was 28, you would have to back up a truck to get him but for some reason, all Foster has done is something like #1, #3, #3...oops..a RB got hurt, go figure...ok, I'm back...100+ game, 100+ game, 100+ game, 100+ game....Guess he's dead..not worth anything.

My advice to you: hold him and in about 5 weeks you can send out an email to all those nervous contenders saying "ok, who wants the guy that is going to put you over the top?" because by then you will have several teams jockeying and a top 5 RB MIGHT be considered valuable to them for their playoff hopes.
You guys really think he should be valued the same as LT was at the same age?

LT was better at that point and without the injuries so, in that sense, NO, not valued the same. It was a different era also so that could be considered because part of what makes Foster Foster is that in this era, finding a RB that does not share a backfield...at all...is just SO rare.

So while I would not say Foster is worth what LT was at that age, in a vacuum, I would say that, today, looking at the landscape of RBs in the NFL, Foster is worth a lot. I don't know if that means "worth this" or "worth that" but clearly, IMO, owners in a winning window for a league, ought to be offering a lot more than a 2nd round pick for him. A 2nd round pick for a top team s essentially a 3rd. For a top 5 RB that has shown us over and over again that he will be a top producer who never comes off the field on a team that uses him just as much when they are trailing as they do when they are leading. That's where I jam my stake I the ground on this one.

If I were contending team, I'd toss out a 1st with no second thoughts and more, depending on what I had to offer, etc. There are just so very few places you can plug into your lineup a guy like Foster.

Foster is so much better as a RB1 than the field. Similar to what priest, LT, Alexander and Larry Johnson were. The guy only comes off the field for breathers after he runs four in a row for 45 yards. And as soon as they are any where near the redbone he's back in. Not only does he get all the work, all the goal line work, and a bunch of receptions...he consistently produces unlike anyone else out there-with exception to maybe Charles.

Foster is so much better as a RB1 than the field. Similar to what priest, LT, Alexander and Larry Johnson were. The guy only comes off the field for breathers after he runs four in a row for 45 yards. And as soon as they are any where near the redbone he's back in. Not only does he get all the work, all the goal line work, and a bunch of receptions...he consistently produces unlike anyone else out there-with exception to maybe Charles.
I am also quickly in on redbones!

LT was better at that point and without the injuries so, in that sense, NO, not valued the same. It was a different era also so that could be considered because part of what makes Foster Foster is that in this era, finding a RB that does not share a backfield...at all...is just SO rare.

So while I would not say Foster is worth what LT was at that age, in a vacuum, I would say that, today, looking at the landscape of RBs in the NFL, Foster is worth a lot. I don't know if that means "worth this" or "worth that" but clearly, IMO, owners in a winning window for a league, ought to be offering a lot more than a 2nd round pick for him. A 2nd round pick for a top team s essentially a 3rd. For a top 5 RB that has shown us over and over again that he will be a top producer who never comes off the field on a team that uses him just as much when they are trailing as they do when they are leading. That's where I jam my stake I the ground on this one.

If I were contending team, I'd toss out a 1st with no second thoughts and more, depending on what I had to offer, etc. There are just so very few places you can plug into your lineup a guy like Foster.
I agree that he's worth more than a 2nd rounder, but you guys are comparing his value to LT's. Also, with the benefit of hindsight, people who were backing up the truck for LT at this point in his career got burned.

I don't think it's specific to Foster, but it seems the dynasty mentality has shifted- people seem more youth oriented than ever, so they devalue "old" RBs while over valuing (IMO) rookie draft picks. You almost have to ride them into the ground, which stinks if your team isn't competitive.

I'm not one who says he has LT value but for a playoff contender to not be willing to trade that late first for this guy for the playoffs might be a mistake. I think because of the injury knock he gets he needs to stay healthy until near the trade deadline for weaker teams to then get that first round value for him.

I hold that view with any player on my best teams. I will jump at a deal today where I think that value is just too good but I may as well wait until the trade deadline to trade picks for a horse in the playoffs. It doesn't matter if that horse is Foster, Lynch or whomever. Why burn the picks now because you want to use them on a healthy player at the trade deadline.

It never fails, it's always something. I was just noticing earlier today how he wasn't on the injury report and really liking the matchup and chance for 25 touches or so. So he'll either have 100 + yards and a TD or 1 carry and hobbling to the bench. <_<

Users who are viewing this thread