What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (1 Viewer)

How many Wednesday practices has Arian Foster fully participated in this season? Everyone needs to stop panicking, jeez.

Week 5 - No Wed practice = 23 for 157 and 2 TDs / 2 rec for 15 yds = 35.20 pts (1/2 ppr)

Week 9 - No Wed practice = 15 for 56 / 2 rec for 63 yds and 1 TD = 18.9 pts 1/2 ppr

Last edited by a moderator:
He will play. The only thing going on here is the coaches are trying to draw attention away from Foster in the Browns' planning for the game because the Texans have made a change at QB and have invested a week and a half in a heavy run game to alleviate pressure on Mallet.

He will play and all the fantasy owners will get their 20+ points.
Maybe, and maybe the Browns D ( who turned Hill's 24-154 2, vs JAX, into 12-55 on short notice) will keep him contained.

Their Defense is getting healthier than they've been and some just may be counting chickens a little early.

With Mallett at QB for his first NFL start, you think just maybe, the Browns will force him to beat them and not let Foster?

He will play. The only thing going on here is the coaches are trying to draw attention away from Foster in the Browns' planning for the game because the Texans have made a change at QB and have invested a week and a half in a heavy run game to alleviate pressure on Mallet.

Maybe, and maybe the Browns D ( who turned Hill's 24-154 2, vs JAX, into 12-55 on short notice) will keep him contained.

Their Defense is getting healthier than they've been and some just may be counting chickens a little early.

With Mallett at QB for his first NFL start, you think just maybe, the Browns will force him to beat them and not let Foster?
Same way they let Denard Robinson run all over them?

And like I said, the Defense has gotten healthier since the JAX game. Apples, meet oranges

And like I said, the Defense has gotten healthier since the JAX game. Apples, meet oranges
OK, since then they have allowed 5.0 ypc against the Raiders (McFadden), and 4.5 ypc against the Bucs (Rainey), two absolutely dreadful offensive lines and teams with sub-par QBs. They've had one good game against the Bengals where Dalton looked like he was drunk. More like an apple?

Foster will still get his catching passes even if the Browns manage to shut down the run game. Or are the Browns going to focus on him in pass situations and risk having AJo and AH burn them over the top?

You don't think this is the defensive concept every time Foster is on the field, regardless of QB? Foster should get about 6-9 dump offs from the rook. It wouldn't surprise me if he has 100+ receiving this week.

You don't think this is the defensive concept every time Foster is on the field, regardless of QB? Foster should get about 6-9 dump offs from the rook. It wouldn't surprise me if he has 100+ receiving this week.
It likely is what defenses plan to do every week and HOU clearly doesn't give a #### about it; the team runs through Foster and they are literally nothing without him. No team rushes on a higher percentages of their plays aside from CLE and HOU is 4-5 so it's not like they're grinding out games often. In fact, they are the only other team aside from NYJ to be top 10 in rushing plays per game and also have a losing record.

Yeah O'Brien said he's "definitely a game-time decision" and "that'll be a guy we need to work out before the game". He also said the weather will not impact their decision.

When he is healthy and Plays, Foster is pretty much matchup proof..Teams have been trying for years to do what you say and it RARELY happens. Even when the Steelers were the big bad run stoppers, he shredded them. Shredded Miami, etc. etc.

Definitely trending in the wrong direction. Injury may be more serious than they are letting on.

Sounds like he missed practice again, given they are coming off the bye it is concerning and this could even be a mulitple week thing.

Definitely trending in the wrong direction. Injury may be more serious than they are letting on.

Sounds like he missed practice again, given they are coming off the bye it is concerning and this could even be a mulitple week thing.
Nah, if it were more serious he would have been re-scheduled for a MRI at some point. The fact that he didn't need it originally speaks volumes. Even relatively mild soft tissue injuries can linger, though.

Sounds like they might have to amputate his leg and it's career ending. I heard the Texans franchise is going to fold. I heard fantasy football is being outlawed in 50 states.

Houston Texans @HoustonTexans · 34m 34 minutes ago

Nothing new to report on Arian Foster's game status. "That's definitely something we'll decide on gameday." #Texans

=============================

Add this video just posted at BR says they are hearing injury worse than originally thought.

Saying the groin strain can effect his hamstring injury and his hamstring injury can also effect his groin injury and they are not keen to risk further aggravating either one so see above about him being a true GTD.

--------------------------------------------------

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2266330-fantasy-football-week-11-rapid-fire-injury-update-with-will-carroll

Fantasy Football Week 11: Rapid-Fire Injury Update with Will Carroll By BR Productions, Video
Nov 13, 2014

After owning foster for years ive learned to ignore his practice reports and just see if he is playing on gameday, he can practice all week and suddenly be inactive out of nowhere, or be on crutches saturday night then get 30 touches the next afternoon. Hopefully everyone picked up and held onto blue after the week 3 surprise.

Add this to above, story just posted.

------------------------------------------------

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Foster-will-work-out-before-game-at-Cleveland/355bda43-a05d-4354-a9a1-6384b6141d55

Foster will work out before game at ClevelandPosted 20 minutes ago

Arian Foster's status for Week 11 is still in doubt.

After missing practice for the second straight day, whether or not the AFC's leading rusher suits up against the Browns is a question mark.

"That's definitely going to be a gametime decision," head coach Bill O'Brien said after Thursday's practice. "That'll be a guy that we have to work out before the game."

Foster left the Week 9 loss to Philadelphia with a groin injury. He missed the Week 3 loss to the Giants with a hamstring injury. When he was asked on Wednesday about whether or not he'd be able to play against the Browns, Foster said “that’s the plan". But he didn't specifically say he would be a go, either.

"Going to keep on working out," Foster said. "We shall see.”

Foster's gained 822 yards on the ground this season, and he's averaging 5.1 yards per carry. He's the only back in the AFC running for more than 100 yards per game (102.8) and in all, he's scored 10 touchdowns in 2014.

The Texans practice again on Friday and leave for Cleveland on Saturday. Kickoff is at noon CT.

At this point if he's actually hurting, I hope he sits this week. Rather have him at 100% for playoffs.

unckeyherb said:
Where do you get multiple week thing? I don't understand why everyone is acting like he never misses practice.
Well from all indications, he will not practice at all this week and he will test out his groin on Sunday morning. Can he play without any practice? Yes but still I think it would be a longshot.

The last time we saw Foster he was slamming his helmet down in frustation. Since then, we have no confirmation that he has even full out ran yet.

unckeyherb said:
Where do you get multiple week thing? I don't understand why everyone is acting like he never misses practice.
Well from all indications, he will not practice at all this week and he will test out his groin on Sunday morning. Can he play without any practice? Yes but still I think it would be a longshot.

The last time we saw Foster he was slamming his helmet down in frustation. Since then, we have no confirmation that he has even full out ran yet.
Ahh the helmet analysis. People crack me up here.

Smashed helmet + no practice = multi-week injury.

Anyone have news on the condition of Foster's helmet? Might be a multi-week injury if he doesn't have a helmet to play with.

unckeyherb said:

Ahh the helmet analysis. People crack me up here.

Smashed helmet + no practice = multi-week injury.

Anyone have news on the condition of Foster's helmet? Might be a multi-week injury if he doesn't have a helmet to play with.
####, he slammed his helmet because he clearly thought the injury was significant. They have downplayed it since but it could be they have just been sending out misinformation. If they know he isn't going to play are they going to want and tell the Browns that? Especially considering they are already starting a completely unproven QB this week.

unckeyherb said:

Ahh the helmet analysis. People crack me up here.Smashed helmet + no practice = multi-week injury.

####, he slammed his helmet because he clearly thought the injury was significant. They have downplayed it since but it could be they have just been sending out misinformation. If they know he isn't going to play are they going to want and tell the Browns that? Especially considering they are already starting a completely unproven QB this week.
Or he slammed it because he was off to a great start and was pissed that he wouldn't be able to play the rest of the game. The speculation regarding him and the cloak and dagger bs is ridiculous. It could be misinformation. Or it could just be that there is no information. All I know is that there has been NO info out there that it's anything major, other than a hundred people analyzing his demeanor and helmet throw and concluding that he probably dropped a nut on the field. if he is active I'm starting him.

unckeyherb said:

Ahh the helmet analysis. People crack me up here.Smashed helmet + no practice = multi-week injury.

Couldn't have slammed his helmet in frustration for leaving the game on his way to another big week? Let me check my jump to conclusions mat.

unckeyherb said:

Couldn't have slammed his helmet in frustration for leaving the game on his way to another big week? Let me check my jump to conclusions mat.
Moot!

All we know for sure is since he left the last game he hasn't practiced at all even though he had the Bye Week to rest.

unckeyherb said:

Or he slammed it because he was off to a great start and was pissed that he wouldn't be able to play the rest of the game. The speculation regarding him and the cloak and dagger bs is ridiculous. It could be misinformation. Or it could just be that there is no information. All I know is that there has been NO info out there that it's anything major, other than a hundred people analyzing his demeanor and helmet throw and concluding that he probably dropped a nut on the field. if he is active I'm starting him.
what is major? i would say a 2 week injury would be "major" for us fantasy footballers, but mebbe not major for the foster, his team, and his long term prospects. right now we have plenty of info. he hasnt practiced and is a game time decision. if you could estimate a percentage chance of him missing the next 2 games, what would it be? i would say about 30-40%. hes proly about 65% to miss next game, and 5050 for the following week.

ofc, its not major in the sense that its not career or season threatening, but we all know how pulled muscles can linger and are highly susceptible to reinjury. we all knew what we were signing up for when we acquired foster.

Houston media seems to think RB Alfred Blue could see more work than normal Sunday.

A pack of them caught him by his locker today and asked if he'd be ready if he had to start.

Video link:

---------------------

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/RB_Blue_Ill_be_ready_to_go/20a03833-52e3-463e-a53a-ef428c1568eb RB Blue: "I'll be ready to go"

RB Alfred Blue talked to the media Thursday.
Comon man. What's he going to say? "I'm not ready. I can't do it."

hes proly about 65% to miss next game, and 5050 for the following week
I mean, seriously, where are you coming up with these percentages? He's day to day and questionable every week. You seriously think there's a 2 out of 3 chance that he's not going to play? Because he didn't practice today? I just don't get it..

unckeyherb said:

what is major? i would say a 2 week injury would be "major" for us fantasy footballers, but mebbe not major for the foster, his team, and his long term prospects. right now we have plenty of info. he hasnt practiced and is a game time decision. if you could estimate a percentage chance of him missing the next 2 games, what would it be? i would say about 30-40%. hes proly about 65% to miss next game, and 5050 for the following week.

ofc, its not major in the sense that its not career or season threatening, but we all know how pulled muscles can linger and are highly susceptible to reinjury. we all knew what we were signing up for when we acquired foster.
No..no a 2 week injury isn't major. I'm not sure why you feel the need to sensationalize injuries absent anything concrete (like when you declared Graham done for the season :lol: ) but if it ended only being a 2 week injury it most certainly would be considered a rather mild sprain. Like, this isn't subjective, his groin didn't tear of the bone like in the case of Ball and Fjax.

I mean, seriously, where are you coming up with these percentages? He's day to day and questionable every week. You seriously think there's a 2 out of 3 chance that he's not going to play? Because he didn't practice today? I just don't get it..
hes a game time decision, which would be at best a 5050 shot. i think hes a bit worse than that given the circumstances.

and no, hes not day to day and questionable every week.

hes a game time decision, which would be at best a 5050 shot. i think hes a bit worse than that given the circumstances.

Your analysis is questionable

What circumstances? You keep throwing ridiculous hyperbole out there to frame your 'belief' that it's a worse situation. I can do it too; based on the fact that he walked off two weeks ago and didn't do any other MRIs it's probably 90% that he'll start Sunday. Pretty pointless huh?

What circumstances? You keep throwing ridiculous hyperbole out there to frame your 'belief' that it's a worse situation. I can do it too; based on the fact that he walked off two weeks ago and didn't do any other MRIs it's probably 90% that he'll start Sunday. Pretty pointless huh?
Pretty sure this same scenario happened earlier this season. All Week it looked like Foster wasn't going to play or be "limited" and he suited up and had a monster game.

He's had two weeks and I think the reports are just being precautionary or the Houston staff is trying to be misleading. I'm confident he'll suit up and play - just like he did last time this happened.

Pretty sure this same scenario happened earlier this season. All Week it looked like Foster wasn't going to play or be "limited" and he suited up and had a monster game.

He's had two weeks and I think the reports are just being precautionary or the Houston staff is trying to be misleading. I'm confident he'll suit up and play - just like he did last time this happened.
in the nfl, the questionable tag is supposed to

well, we can bet on it. you give me 5:1 that he sits. should be a nice overlay for you considering you think he is 90% to play. you wont, bc you dont understand numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread