What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (3 Viewers)

psu007 said:
Oh man, might be getting L.Bell and Foster back around the same time....can't freaking wait.
If you can start 2-0, you might go undefeated.

Probably not, but you'll have the top tandem in PPR.
Oh and I left out that I have AP as well, Bell was my keeper. Frankly if I can go 1-1 I'll be thrilled.
Whoa. Dude, who are your Quarterbacks and Defenses?
Brady and the Jets.
Oh, stop it. No way.

If so, I'm thinking you'll have a shot at the perfect season. Have you worked out what QB you'll start on Brady's bye week?

psu007 said:
Oh man, might be getting L.Bell and Foster back around the same time....can't freaking wait.

Oh and I left out that I have AP as well, Bell was my keeper. Frankly if I can go 1-1 I'll be thrilled.
Brady and the Jets.
Oh, stop it. No way.

If so, I'm thinking you'll have a shot at the perfect season. Have you worked out what QB you'll start on Brady's bye week?
hes probably starting drew brees

psu007 said:

Brady and the Jets.
Oh, stop it. No way.

hes probably starting drew brees
Andrew Luck is his backup QB, jeeez.

psu007 said:
Long Ball Larry said:
psu007 said:

Brady and the Jets.
Kicker?
Here's my roster.

Brady, Palmer, AP, L.Bell, Foster, J.Bell, McKinnon, Hopkins, Cooper, Smith Sr, K.Wright, Rudolph, Ertz, Jets, Hauschka

PPR
Post the roster of the next best team in your league. That should give better idea if undefeated season is possible

psu007 said:
Long Ball Larry said:
psu007 said:

Brady and the Jets.
Kicker?
Here's my roster.

Brady, Palmer, AP, L.Bell, Foster, J.Bell, McKinnon, Hopkins, Cooper, Smith Sr, K.Wright, Rudolph, Ertz, Jets, Hauschka

PPR
Post the roster of the next best team in your league. That should give better idea if undefeated season is possible
To all the guys messing with PSU - does it come naturally for you to be a holes? Or do you try really hard? Either way, take the sticks out of your arses, go get laid and release some of that negative tension in your minds, and let's get back to news and notes on Arian foster eh?

Do unto others...

• Smile
Reactions: One
psu007 said:
Long Ball Larry said:
psu007 said:

Brady and the Jets.
Kicker?
Here's my roster.

PPR
To all the guys messing with PSU - does it come naturally for you to be a holes? Or do you try really hard? Either way, take the sticks out of your arses, go get laid and release some of that negative tension in your minds, and let's get back to news and notes on Arian foster eh? Do unto others...
Agreed. At least make funnier jokes if you are going to clog up the thread.

Getting things back on track, is anyone considering selling? Even if he comes back sooner than expected lets not forget he's another injury waiting to happen and plays on a bow average offense. What could foster + wr2-3 type realistically fetch?

psu007 said:
Long Ball Larry said:
psu007 said:

Brady and the Jets.
Kicker?
Here's my roster.

PPR
To all the guys messing with PSU - does it come naturally for you to be a holes? Or do you try really hard? Either way, take the sticks out of your arses, go get laid and release some of that negative tension in your minds, and let's get back to news and notes on Arian foster eh? Do unto others...
Agreed. At least make funnier jokes if you are going to clog up the thread.

Getting things back on track, is anyone considering selling? Even if he comes back sooner than expected lets not forget he's another injury waiting to happen and plays on a bow average offense. What could foster + wr2-3 type realistically fetch?
I would consider it, of course. My basic philosophy is any player is available for the right price.

The problem with dealing him now is you will only get low-ball offers. If he comes back and looks healthy and has a couple big games, you will get more value for him.

For me, that is Plan B. Plan A is to have an unfair depth and starting lineup advantage because I drafted him as a bench player.

So people are still referencing his groin surgery...didn't we determine this was just sports hernia surgery and the groin is a non-issue?

So people are still referencing his groin surgery...didn't we determine this was just sports hernia surgery and the groin is a non-issue?
Thats what it seems to be.

I have no confirmation though.

Hernia = pure muscle, good chance of fast healing depending on severity.

Groin = typically means tendon (muscle to bone), which is a slower recovery time and harder to evaluate.

Groin = typically means tendon (muscle to bone), which is a slower recovery time and harder to evaluate.
The surgeon who did the work is an expert on hernia surgery. Other surgeons would be more likely to have been involved if it was a groin issue. As far as I'm concerned that is the end of the story. Don't really need to hear more to know what happened.

Incorrect. A hernia is a weakness or tear of fascia, allowing contents of a cavity to bulge through the weakness. A groin tear can be tendon or muscle, which are joined, and then the tendon attaches to bone. A "sports hernia" is usually a diagnosis made when there is no definitive diagnosis (i.e. one of the other two) and scar tissue can be the problem. A sports hernia surgery is usually exploratory to try to discover what is causing the problem, and often times one of the previous two (or both) are discovered and corrected.Likely during the surgery, they discovered the problem wasn't as severe as initially thought. Hence the swift recovery...

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't try and sell on him now, likely won't get value.
You could be right. Although, just about everyone in this thread heard the collective disappointment of their league mates when they drafted him in round 5. Now, the outlook looks better (but might be just a tad optimistic). Might be the time to try to upgrade from Foster to a guy with less perceived upside like Miller or Gore. Or see how the Forsett/Ingram owners feel after what could be a tough week 1 opponent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked that I got a player of Foster's caliber on my bench. But I get the feeling that we are all kidding ourselves that he'll heal quickly and be this top 5 RB all season long.

You could be right. Although, just about everyone in this thread heard the collective disappointment of their league mates when they drafted him in round 5. Now, the outlook looks better (but might be just a tad optimistic). Might be the time to try to upgrade from Foster to a guy with less perceived upside like Miller or Gore. Or see how the Forsett/Ingram owners feel after what could be a tough week 1 opponent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked that I got a player of Foster's caliber on my bench. But I get the feeling that we are all kidding ourselves that he'll heal quickly and be this top 5 RB all season long.
im not looking for a whole season player. I would be more than happy he plays from week 4 to week 10 then say gets reinjured and comes back for fantasy playoffs.

When i traded for him i somewhat expected him to not play the whole season its just hen he is playing he is one of the best rb's for fantasy purposes

I'd just hate to sell low on him and then watch him put up major points. Of course I'd listen on offers, but I pretty much guarantee I'm valuing him way more than other teams.

I'm not selling for anything but a big ticket item. Anyone trying to get him now is doing so because they think they can get him at a lower value than he is worth. I could see myself letting go of I can pair him with a guy like arob and get back julio/dez/demaryius. Maybe that's asking too much but foster is always a threat to be top 3 ppg rb when he's on the field

I'm not selling for anything but a big ticket item. Anyone trying to get him now is doing so because they think they can get him at a lower value than he is worth. I could see myself letting go of I can pair him with a guy like arob and get back julio/dez/demaryius. Maybe that's asking too much but foster is always a threat to be top 3 ppg rb when he's on the field
Agree completely.

I was hoping for weeks 6-13 production from Arian. Anything I get from him before that is gravy. Especially if I can trade him early for an upgrade elsewhere. (Not thinking that is my plan)

Billy Bats said:
I was hoping for weeks 6-13 production from Arian. Anything I get from him before that is gravy. Especially if I can trade him early for an upgrade elsewhere. (Not thinking that is my plan)
Right. If you drafted him assuming production in the first several weeks, you messed up.

gabes1919 said:
I was offered Luck for Foster and Stafford yesterday from a running back hungry league mate. Of course, that league mate was drunk at the tailgate and when I told him I accepted, he said let me think about it. But, I think that's the kind of upgrade you need if you truly believe Foster is coming back 100% and want value now.

gabes1919 said:
I was offered Luck for Foster and Stafford yesterday from a running back hungry league mate. Of course, that league mate was drunk at the tailgate and when I told him I accepted, he said let me think about it. But, I think that's the kind of upgrade you need if you truly believe Foster is coming back 100% and want value now.
That is what I was getting at. If there were numerous owners in our league hoping he fell to them, lots of those same owners are now getting a bit nervous that they will have to start Randle or Latavius Murray at RB2 that will give a stellar WR for Foster. Or others that are starting to doubt that Forsett or Miller can be a legit RB1 that might trade virtually straight up. After this weekends games, there could be an opportunity to move this risk off of your roster in exchange for a player that you rate just as highly (who isn't injured).

LaCanfora sticking with it:

Everything continues to trend in a great way for Arian Foster. Return next week not out of the question: cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas

12:26pm - 13 Sep 15

And there you go. First round talent at a fifth round price and it cost you no more than what the bell owners paid. Hard to not like that.

Right. If you drafted him assuming production in the first several weeks, you messed up.
If you calibrated his value without accounting for the possibility of earlier production, you messed up.

If you calibrated his value without accounting for the possibility of earlier production, you messed up.
I think you misread what I said there.

It's a bit more than "not expecting" him for week 3. BO'B said immediately after the week 1 game, during the post-game press conference, that Foster will be out week 2.

If it was that clear and obvious on Sunday morning that Foster was still a week or more away from returning, then I doubt he'll be 100% by week 3. Would coach let him play at less than 100%? Maybe. He did in week 4 last year. But it's very early in the season and a re-injury here would be a huge setback. I think Foster will not play in week 3.

Hopefully he gets back sooner than later. I've got him, ADP, and Hyde...but my WR have taken a complete crap (injury). Hoping to move one of them for a solid WR, will keep you posted on the Foster offers

Hopefully he gets back sooner than later. I've got him, ADP, and Hyde...but my WR have taken a complete crap (injury). Hoping to move one of them for a solid WR, will keep you posted on the Foster offers
people arent jumping at him yet...they must be waiting to see how this pans out...when they announce he is starting is when you should make an offer to someone who needs a top end RB

people arent jumping at him yet...they must be waiting to see how this pans out...when they announce he is starting is when you should make an offer to someone who needs a top end RB
And it's the opposite if you're trying to acquire him...can't wait until they announce he is starting because they'll want a king's ransom for him at that point.

Is anyone moving him. What is the value

I have an owner who wants him. He has some parts I need but Im not sure what his value is right now

I have an owner who wants him. He has some parts I need but Im not sure what his value is right now
The key will be to match up deficiencies.

Since drafts weren't held too long ago, I think asking for one taken in the 3rd-4th round is fair. Someone like Matthews and Hopkins come to mind.

Seems to me, there hasn't been news on Foster in over two weeks. That's when I had my draft and the news was already out that his rehab was going great and he could be back anywhere from week 2 to week 4. Well now it's week two and it still isn't any clearer.

His value is.... Foster's points minus the guy you'll bench for him times the number of weeks you'll start him. Compared to the number of points you'll improve from who you get in the trade vs who you'd have started otherwise, over the weeks you'll use the new acquisitions.

His value is.... Foster's points minus the guy you'll bench for him times the number of weeks you'll start him. Compared to the number of points you'll improve from who you get in the trade vs who you'd have started otherwise, over the weeks you'll use the new acquisitions.
Cmon, you have known me for a little. Enough to know that this is way over my head

Cmon, you have known me for a little. Enough to know that this is way over my head
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Soulfly3 said:
McClain is as in tune w the texans as a mexican made Fender
The Texans will start Ryan Mallett at quarterback Week 2 against the Panthers.
This comes just minutes after both Texans beat writers, John McClain and Tania Ganguli, reported they would be "shocked" if Brian Hoyer didn't get the start against Carolina.

.......... Exactly why I said what I said.

Ya'll need to put very little stock into McClain's week 5 poppycock.

Seems to me, there hasn't been news on Foster in over two weeks. That's when I had my draft and the news was already out that his rehab was going great and he could be back anywhere from week 2 to week 4. Well now it's week two and it still isn't any clearer.
Oh there's been news. It just isn't what people want to hear so they go looking for more news that better suits them.

Users who are viewing this thread