What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (2 Viewers)

LaCanfora is giving news, but he's just throwing at the wall and hoping it sticks. Saying anywhere from Week 3 at the earliest. Well of course, then he'll say Week 4 at the earliest every passing week.

Seems to me, there hasn't been news on Foster in over two weeks. That's when I had my draft and the news was already out that his rehab was going great and he could be back anywhere from week 2 to week 4. Well now it's week two and it still isn't any clearer.
Oh there's been news. It just isn't what people want to hear so they go looking for more news that better suits them.
But no NEW news. Two and a half weeks ago, we were told that Foster is coming along faster than expected and his 4-6 games looks more like 2-4 games. As of today, it still looks like he's missing 2 to 4 games and no one seems closer to knowing where in that range it's going to be. So the only news over the last 15-18 days is that nothing has changed and we still don't know.

Seems to me, there hasn't been news on Foster in over two weeks. That's when I had my draft and the news was already out that his rehab was going great and he could be back anywhere from week 2 to week 4. Well now it's week two and it still isn't any clearer.
Oh there's been news. It just isn't what people want to hear so they go looking for more news that better suits them.
But no NEW news. Two and a half weeks ago, we were told that Foster is coming along faster than expected and his 4-6 games looks more like 2-4 games. As of today, it still looks like he's missing 2 to 4 games and no one seems closer to knowing where in that range it's going to be. So the only news over the last 15-18 days is that nothing has changed and we still don't know.
https://twitter.com/ArianFoster?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

More preparing for his Foundation Event on 09/28

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how no news is bad news. We're not even through week 2 yet. If the plan is week 5, then there probably won't be much out there until a week or so before. Personally, I can live with him coming back week 5.

Is anyone moving him. What is the value

I have an owner who wants him. He has some parts I need but Im not sure what his value is right now
His value is.... Foster's points minus the guy you'll bench for him times the number of weeks you'll start him. Compared to the number of points you'll improve from who you get in the trade vs who you'd have started otherwise, over the weeks you'll use the new acquisitions.
Cmon, you have known me for a little. Enough to know that this is way over my head
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.
Written out it may look intimidating, but it's very simple. Let's say you think (made up numbers to illustrate):

Foster will average 10 points a game.

Your RB that you'll use otherwise averages 8 points a game.

That makes Foster an improvement of 2 points per game.

If you think Foster plays 12 games for you this year, that means he's a 2 * 12 = 24 fantasy point advantage for you over the season. If your fantasy season ends week 15 so he only plays 10 games you care about, then he's a 2 * 10 = 20 point advantage to have.

Do the same thing with the players offered in a trade. How much more do they score than your starters would otherwise score? Over how many games you think you'll start them.

Don't trade him unless the improvement from the trade is more than what Foster brings on your roster.

It's basically adding Joe Waiver Wire (or Joe RB3-4-5 on your roster) to Arian's projections for the weeks he is out when comparing him to the offered piece. You aren't taking zeros in that spot.

Arian Foster (groin) returned to Texans practice on Thursday, getting in a limited session.
It's a huge step in the right direction, but Foster is still expected to miss Sunday's game against the Panthers. He's now fully on track to return in Week 3, however. Foster's status will be updated on Friday, but owners should be prepared to sit tight for one more week. Alfred Blue will lead Houston's committee in Carolina.
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter Sep 17 - 1:38 PM

If he's back at it today, me thinks week 3 is the return.

I mean... if he wasnt ready enough, he wouldnt even be practicing.. seems like it's more conditioning atm

6.7 pick in my 12 team redraft.

If Arian returns to the form we know he can.......steal of the draft.

GO FOSTER!!!!!!

Just got offered Gore and Parker for him. Other guy probably sensed a weakness in me cause I just lost Dez. Not biting. Will wait till he's back and use RB depth to try grab a WR.

As a previous Foster owner, seeing him on the injury report every week was an "probable" was not fun. But for this price, so worth it. Congrats to people who were able to get him

I expect him to produce ~80 yds rushing and 10-20 receiving per game. Real questions are a) how many TDs does he get in a poor offense, b) how many games does he stay healthy once he is back?

What kind of performance are we expecting from Foster whenever he returns? High RB2? RB1?
Is this a serious question? He's the cheapest top 5 guy you've ever drafted. Top 5 ppg rb when healthy and if he can stay on his feet, he carries the Texans to the playoffs.

Haven't really seen anyone mention it but I see a demarco murray situation here. The texans seem pretty transparent about moving on from foster next year. In my mind, they aren't just going to give him a full workload. They are going to ride him within an inch of his life if they can get away with it. Good for fantasy :D

What kind of performance are we expecting from Foster whenever he returns? High RB2? RB1?
Is this a serious question? He's the cheapest top 5 guy you've ever drafted. Top 5 ppg rb when healthy and if he can stay on his feet, he carries the Texans to the playoffs.

Haven't really seen anyone mention it but I see a demarco murray situation here. The texans seem pretty transparent about moving on from foster next year. In my mind, they aren't just going to give him a full workload. They are going to ride him within an inch of his life if they can get away with it. Good for fantasy :D
Yep, serious question. I noticed FBG's ROS projections and the PPG they have for Foster is significantly lower than I expected. I'm not sure if this is merely a factor of the offense (eg. lower TD potential like someone noted before) or what. So I'm interested in people's opinions and thought process here.

I have found fbg rest of season to Be pretty conservative in the past, and I do believe they are taking a wait and see approach on foster.

Look at the texans' remaining schedule. They have the bills, phins and jets once a piece and then nothing. Cream pie schedule. I like his chances to put up big numbers

Any new news on him. My RBs have been killing me and I need him out there.
I doubt even if he is going to play that we're going to get any positive affirmation that he's going to play/start. They'll continue to say he's day to day and will be a GTD. Even if he's a go we won't know what role he'll get but for me if he is green lighted I'm going to take the risk that he's going to get a full load. Their RB situation has been so god awful that him just standing on the sideline will be a huge improvement.

Gurley likely in a similar situation.

HOU in a position where they need him, where Arian wants to play, and where they are becoming desperate for wins.

I assume they'll play a game of "we dont know if he's ready" to throw TB off the scent as best as possible, and trot him our there sunday for 20+ touches, like always.

The offensive line is not in the best of shape at the moment. Adjusting to switching from Chris Myers to Ben Jones. Duane Brown missed Week 2 but I don't know that he'll be out long. But with him out the line shifted all around. A backup tackle filling in for Brown was lost for the season in Week 2 as well. There hasn't been a ton of holes in the first 2 games, but I don't think they've done as much with what they had as a healthy Foster would.

The offensive line is not in the best of shape at the moment. Adjusting to switching from Chris Myers to Ben Jones. Duane Brown missed Week 2 but I don't know that he'll be out long. But with him out the line shifted all around. A backup tackle filling in for Brown was lost for the season in Week 2 as well. There hasn't been a ton of holes in the first 2 games, but I don't think they've done as much with what they had as a healthy Foster would.
Foster is like having a top shelf RB and a strong WR in the game at the same time. He's just so good at what he does, and gives you that "extra man on the field" vibe.

HOU seriously missing that, as his replacements are barely playing like a single guy at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread