What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (1 Viewer)

After last week would you play him even if they said he was a go?
I would. If he says he's a go, he's a go. I think this week could be one of those "Chuck Strong" moments for the Texans.
He said he was a go last week and he got zero points. He is awfully banged up right now with various things going on. Unless he was my absolute only option I would have a hard time pulling the trigger on starting him.

I would. If he says he's a go, he's a go. I think this week could be one of those "Chuck Strong" moments for the Texans.
He said he was a go last week and he got zero points. He is awfully banged up right now with various things going on. Unless he was my absolute only option I would have a hard time pulling the trigger on starting him.
Aaron Rodgers said he was a go this week too. People get hurt, it's football. I can see no advantage to the Texans marching Arian out there if he was indeed too injured to play. So what's that leave? Maybe the face value story that he got hurt early in the game.

Is no news, good news or bad? I have an offer out that's kind buy lowish. Great if he's healthy, Terrible if he's done.
With Kubiak's medical situation, I imagine the normal flow of information is a bit disrupted right now.

Aaron Rodgers said he was a go this week too. People get hurt, it's football. I can see no advantage to the Texans marching Arian out there if he was indeed too injured to play. So what's that leave? Maybe the face value story that he got hurt early in the game.
Hes been hurt all year. He had to leave the game 2 weeks ago and then again this week. I would say thats a pretty significant trend. You cannot seriously be comparing him to Rodgers thats just stupid.

Rodgers wasn't a GTD all week and leave after 1 play where he was untouched. Foster's on my bench till he shows something. My other options are out-performing him anyway even when he does play.

Just sit him for a couple of weeks damnit. I just traded for him today and want him healthy in a few weeks.

Got fed up with the Foster/Tate combo and just traded them for Foles & Houston D (Super Flex league).

Probably driven by frustration more than anything but I'm okay with it no matter how it turns out.

If Foster is definitely out, I would consider starting Tate if needed.

If Foster is said to be playing, I probably wouldn't start either if I have any kind of decent other option. Too much uncertainty who would get the actual touches.

pantherclub said:
Sabertooth said:
pantherclub said:
Sabertooth said:
pantherclub said:
Hes been hurt all year. He had to leave the game 2 weeks ago and then again this week. I would say thats a pretty significant trend. You cannot seriously be comparing him to Rodgers thats just stupid.
He's been hurt all year huh? Well except for those last two games he was chugging out 20+ touches regularly. Must be pretty tough. Heck he went over 30 touches and 170 combined against Seattle in week 4. And almost 200 combined against the rams in week 6. Not bad for a guy who has was hurt. I'll take that.

pantherclub said:
Sabertooth said:
pantherclub said:
Sabertooth said:
pantherclub said:
He's been hurt all year huh? Well except for those last two games he was chugging out 20+ touches regularly. Must be pretty tough. Heck he went over 30 touches and 170 combined against Seattle in week 4. And almost 200 combined against the rams in week 6. Not bad for a guy who has was hurt. I'll take that.
Exactly. Through 6 weeks he was at 23.2 touches per game and sitting as the #7 RB.

Now he has missed 2 games and had his bye over the past 3 weeks.

Im sure he could feel his hammy/back in that first drive last week and they just shut him down.

Just gonna have to wait it out for a week or two.

I agree that he is an iffy start if he plays this week. But I'm still confident that by the end of the season he will be back in the top 10 on a weekly basis.

Starting in Week 12:

12 Jacksonville (28th ranked)

13 New England (17th ranked)

14 Jacksonville (28th ranked)

15 Indy (3rd Ranked)

16 Denver (24th ranked)

That's pretty solid matchups in the playoffs (week 15 notwithstanding). I am not pulling the plug, not by a long shot.

pantherclub said:
Sabertooth said:
pantherclub said:
Sabertooth said:
pantherclub said:
I am not sure that is telling the whole story, sure he was averaging 23 touchesand 119 yards/game through the first six weeks but we drafted him high because he had the best shot of hitting 15 total TDs and right now he is on pace for 4.

The Texans offense does look much better with Keenum at QB and the schedule is tasty so things could definitely turn around but he now has hammy and back injuries, and team is pretty much in disarray on all fronts (then there is the fact that it looks like the Texans are going to play the "Game Time Decision" card again this week, which really messes with setting fantasy rosters). At some point "playing for next year" becomes a factor for a 2-6 team (on a 6 game losing streak).

While I absolutely agree that I personally got too little in return for Foster/Tate, trading him is not necessarily a bad idea. I am sure some owner would overpay to get him on their team.

I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for trading him, but there are several issues with the team that really affected his ability to score TDs.

I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for trading him, but there are several issues with the team that really affected his ability to score TDs.
I absolutely agree but it doesn't change the bottom line.

The schedule shapes up very nicely for him (except for week 16, which is key in fantasy leagues) so if he can get right physically he could be a monster.

this whole back doctor visit today really concerns me... watching his 2 plays from sunday night i didnt see any hit or anything... it looks like he is running half speed on both plays...

per beat writer on roto world he is still consulting with doctors today? doctors don't need to examine hamstring or back strains 2 days in a row... this is trending the wrong direction

Selling him in a keeper league
its genius to wait for Fosters value to dip and SELL, SELL, SELL.
Selling in a keeper league is not the same as trading a player when their value is low. Do you tie up a big chunk of cap space or a high draft pick next year to keep him? His fantasy value has been declining since last season. Of course he is an absolute stud when hitting on all cylinders but will that be happening anytime soon?

I wouldn't criticize people either way for either direction they take with him but he is one of the very very few players in the RB that gives you an instant clear advantage at his position when he is playing a full game so I think I would hold if I had him.

I wouldn't criticize people either way for either direction they take with him but he is one of the very very few players in the RB that gives you an instant clear advantage at his position when he is playing a full game so I think I would hold if I had him.
It does kind of depend on how risk averse you are as an owner. I used to be the type of owner that would wait patiently for a guy to heal and expect a full recovery to previous stud status. Now, having been burned one too many times, I'm the opposite end of the spectrum. If a player gets hurt, I devalue them beyond adjusted market value. Basically getting whatever I can get and move on. I've dealt Graham low, which I now regret a little bit. I moved Murray as soon as he got hurt at a steep discount. And just recently got offered Tate/Foster for Dez and shot that down quick. I just don't believe in carrying damaged goods anymore. Not worth my risk.

He got 23 touches and put up 119 yards/game which is very nice but I am not sure that he gives anyone a clear advantage at the position because the TDs (a notoriously difficult metric to predict) simply aren't there. That was where he gave the advantage over most RBs. Just counting his 6 full games he was producing as RB 12 in my league. Not terrible but I was hoping for a bit more from the #9 pick, throw in the health issues and I was hoping for a whole lot more.

McClain just tweeted that it hasn't been revealed what the back ailment is but season ending surgery is a possibility. That's why he's probably going to get 2-3 opinions

McClain just tweeted that it hasn't been revealed what the back ailment is but season ending surgery is a possibility. That's why he's probably going to get 2-3 opinions
I'm getting the feeling he needs back surgery. His back was a problem in the preseason and doesn't seem to be going away.

What do owners think of him in keeper leagues? Sell or hold? Getting skittish and thinking of trying to move him.
Selling him in a keeper league
In a 14 team Keep-4 league (no restrictions) I just moved him for 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd, to the bottom team in the league. Very happy about that.

I'm getting the feeling he needs back surgery. His back was a problem in the preseason and doesn't seem to be going away.
Yep. I'm bailing now.

In one of my keeper leagues the Foster owner traded him for Fitzgerald, seemed odd as he wasn't in contention and has all offseason to shop him - on top of the <10% chance he actually keeps Fitz.

In a 14 team Keep-4 league (no restrictions) I just moved him for 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd, to the bottom team in the league. Very happy about that.
You robbed him considering I traded a 2015 1st and 2nd for him back in week 3 when he was healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
He got 23 touches and put up 119 yards/game which is very nice but I am not sure that he gives anyone a clear advantage at the position because the TDs (a notoriously difficult metric to predict) simply aren't there. That was where he gave the advantage over most RBs. Just counting his 6 full games he was producing as RB 12 in my league. Not terrible but I was hoping for a bit more from the #9 pick, throw in the health issues and I was hoping for a whole lot more.
I was speaking more of the past 3 years than the 9 weeks this year. THis year has been a train wreck with one thing after another and the general implosion of the Texans as a whole but over the history of Foster's time as a starter, he is a clear advantage.

You robbed him considering I traded a 2015 1st and 2nd for him back in week 3 when he was healthy.
Yep, I was more than happy with it. The RB turnover in the NFL is insane, so you gotta get out when the signs are pointing to do so. Though maybe the signs were this past off-season.

Last edited by a moderator:
While historically this has been true, this year, it has not. He is ranked 9th in my league (when he has played a full game). 8th if you discount Vereen's 1st game. That's not a clear advantage, that's an average (to below-average) RB1.

I was speaking more of the past 3 years than the 9 weeks this year. THis year has been a train wreck with one thing after another and the general implosion of the Texans as a whole but over the history of Foster's time as a starter, he is a clear advantage.
Interesting. I don't see the historical data having much relevance at this point in the season so I never considered it. Now when you and I were all over his jock before the season it was all about seasons past, but in week 10 I don't think that conversation has much value. As it relates to his future he is squarely on my "avoid" list unless he comes at a tremendous value.

Interesting. I don't see the historical data having much relevance at this point in the season so I never considered it. Now when you and I were all over his jock before the season it was all about seasons past, but in week 10 I don't think that conversation has much value. As it relates to his future he is squarely on my "avoid" list unless he comes at a tremendous value.
For me it is simple. When he plays, he is a guy I want. I understand the world of everyone having the mentality of "what have you done for me in the past five minutes?" but historical data is always relevant in FF, whether real or perceived. Historical data is what drives perception and value in trades and draft decisions. It is the reason why people used to talk up a Payton Hillis (cause he did once a year or two ago). It is the reason why players like Amendola and Nicks have such wide opinions of value. It is the reason why 95% of the FF community totally whiffed of Moreno. As we can clearly see, it can also go both ways so it comes down to how much confidence you have in a player. In foster, I personally have a lot when he is healthy because I know he has single-handedly made my season on several teams. I have seen what he can do. Will he do it again..ever? Don't know but I am thinking he will.

SOmetimes you just have one of those years. Peyton had one two years ago. Julio is having one this year. Foster is too. Just depends on how much you get caught up in trying to read tea leaves.

Foster is the only one who traded away a % of his future income for cash today. I'd trust his instincts and bail.

Foster is the only one who traded away a % of his future income for cash today. I'd trust his instincts and bail.
What's that now?
He gave away 10% of all his future earnings to a start-up company in return for $10 mil right now.

The company has this weird business model that they hope to make these type of investments in players creating a pseudo-exchange and get people to invest in their company/players creating hope for the investors that the players will earn more in the future than the initial payout. It's a weird concept that is likely doomed to fail.

Another player signed on with them recently, I don't remember who it was.

Chaka said:
SCT said:
Eagle Eye said:
What's that now?
He gave away 10% of all his future earnings to a start-up company in return for $10 mil right now.

The company has this weird business model that they hope to make these type of investments in players creating a pseudo-exchange and get people to invest in their company/players creating hope for the investors that the players will earn more in the future than the initial payout. It's a weird concept that is likely doomed to fail.

Another player signed on with them recently, I don't remember who it was.
The incentive is on him to play since he makes nothing if the IPO doesn't sell:

Fantex wants its venture to be anything but make-believe. Investors can now register with the company and soon place orders for the I.P.O. The company will market the I.P.O. in the coming weeks, offering 1.06 million shares at $10 a share, or $10.6 million worth of stock. If demand is insufficient, the company may cancel the deal.
As for Mr. Foster, he will receive a $10 million payment from Fantex upon consummation of the offering. (The balance of the I.P.O. covers the deal’s costs.) In exchange for the payment, Mr. Foster has promised to pay Fantex 20 percent of his future earnings.

Users who are viewing this thread