Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time

I still think hes a late first round pick. ..hou will be competitive. Someone will get some nice rushing stats from hou, most likely Foster. Who's the backup rbs?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I traded for Arian after week 2 knowing full well the risk I was taking on. It sucks that he's done in week 7 but I I'll take the 3 very productive weeks he gave my lineup that helped me go 3-0 with

So we'll definitely see him in preseason then.

I think you just took the title of Top Turd from him.

The biggest problem for Foster is the loss of Kubs, incidentally that is also the best thing to happen to Ray Rice.

I like Foster but even if he were completely healthy, with a new system I wouldn't expect anything approximating his top form.

Ya when Ray Rice sees the field around week 8 or so...
For a first offense where he entered a pre-trial diversion program that will prevent the trial entirely? Doubtful he misses even two games.
Most reports in the media are suggesting a lot more than two games

Okay

G

Rotoworld:

Arian Foster - RB - Texans

Arian Foster (undisclosed) remains sidelined at Texans camp.

The Texans are declining to say why Foster is missing his fourth straight practice, but it's believed to be related to the hamstring strain that caused him to miss time at the beginning of camp. Foster also pulled a hamstring in Week 7 last year, and tore one during 2011 training camp. He brings a ton of injury risk to the table at his early second-round ADP.

Related: Andre Brown

Source: Dave Zangaro on Twitter

Aug 3 - 12:15 PM

Edited by Faust

Rotoworld:

Arian Foster - RB - Texans

Arian Foster (undisclosed) remains sidelined at Texans camp.

The Texans are declining to say why Foster is missing his fourth straight practice, but it's believed to be related to the hamstring strain that caused him to miss time at the beginning of camp. Foster also pulled a hamstring in Week 7 last year, and tore one during 2011 training camp. He brings a ton of injury risk to the table at his early second-round ADP.

Source: Dave Zangaro on Twitter

Aug 3 - 12:15 PM

He had a hamstring problem at this time during the 2011 training camp and re-aggravated in the 3rd preseason game. He missed most of the first 3 games of the season but came back week 4 and was the #1 RB in PPG the rest of the season.

Anyone got the scoop on him possibly being out for the year due to back surgery? Nothing official - probably a hoax, just seeing some buzz about it on Twitter this morning.

source?

Edit:

@danieltkelley

ESPN just came back from commercial to a report of Arian Foster out for the year. Was a flashback to 2013, but they didn't say THAT part.

Edited by maf005

I would be very leary of depending on Arian Foster, not just because of his injury history, but also because of his mental make-up. He hates dealing with the media, and as he said in that 2013 interview, he will walk away when he wants to. By the end of this year, he will have received about $30 million of the 5 year $43 million contract he signed before the 2012 season. I could easily see this being his last year in football.

Football for him is a means to an end, not something he loves to do.

I would be very leary of depending on Arian Foster, not just because of his injury history, but also because of his mental make-up. He hates dealing with the media, and as he said in that 2013 interview, he will walk away when he wants to. By the end of this year, he will have received about $30 million of the 5 year $43 million contract he signed before the 2012 season. I could easily see this being his last year in football.

I as following what you were saying until you reminded us of that contract.

In reality, you got a 27 year old who can make $13 Million dollars in the next couple of years.

Unless he medically can not get cleared, he's not walking away from that.

For 99.999% of us out there, there aren't too many jobs out there we wouldn't do for a year and half to earn $13 Million and Football isn't the worst job you can have.

Just being realistic: you're 27. You tell someone you might walk because you might have bum knees or something and they will tell you, "Kid, go make your money and flip the coin that your knees and other lady parts will be fine. And if they aren't, then by the time your 40, go get a robot part put in and go spend your money." Of course, nerve and back issues ARE a different story but we have to remember that any kid that has ever played football at any level has been made aware of those risks and probably signed their share of waivers for it.

At the end of the day, most of us rationalize it in some way like: "I do this for two years, I make enough money to set up myself and family for generations and I'm retired, doing what I want before I hit 35. Are there risks? Sure. But statistically speaking, they aren't any larger than the chance I go out tomorrow for a jog and get hit by a car that does the same damage to me."

13 Million reasons why 18-24 months looks doable.

• Like 1

In reality, you got a 27 year old who can make $13 Million dollars in the next couple of years.

For 99.999% of us out there, there aren't too many jobs out there we wouldn't do for a year and half to earn $13 Million and Football isn't the worst job you can have.

Just being realistic: you're 27. You tell someone you might walk because you might have bum knees or something and they will tell you, "Kid, go make your money and flip the coin that your knees and other lady parts will be fine. And if they aren't, then by the time your 40, go get a robot part put in and go spend your money." Of course, nerve and back issues ARE a different story but we have to remember that any kid that has ever played football at any level has been made aware of those risks and probably signed their share of waivers for it.

At the end of the day, most of us rationalize it in some way like: "I do this for two years, I make enough money to set up myself and family for generations and I'm retired, doing what I want before I hit 35. Are there risks? Sure. But statistically speaking, they aren't any larger than the chance I go out tomorrow for a jog and get hit by a car that does the same damage to me."

Depending on his cap numbers and contract structure over the next few seasons it may not an option for him to collect those $13 million dollars even if he wanted to.

That all sounds good. But living in Houston and seeing how Arian is dealing with the Media, I don't think money in football is going to matter to him, especially when he probably thinks he is going to make as much or more when he gets out of the sport.

I don't get any sense that he enjoys anything in football right now. Not the pounding his body takes, the injuries, or the questions he has to deal with from the Media. He has such a different type of personality, I could see him walking away from all that money just to show everyone that he is above being bought to do something he does not want to do.

I agree with you that 99.999% of us would work until the end of our contract. I think there is a good chance that Arian is part of the other .001%.

Keep in mind, he has already been in a movie and has tried to sell stock in himself. He has other interests outside of football

Edited by dhockster

Not so sure. He turns 28 later this month, so he'd be playing those 2 years at age 29 and 30. I also think you're way off on your odds- the chances of him getting hurt playing football are a heck of a lot higher than getting hit by a car while jogging.

If he was broke, it wouldn't be a question. However, he can already retire and set his family up for generations, so there's at least a chance he walks away before finishing out the contract (if that's even an option).

Yeah I don't think I want much to do with Arian unless he comes at a big discount, which I think is a legitimate possibility.

It is.

I had a few drafts this weekend, and Foster dropped in all of them. I did a bunch of mock drafts while waiting around, and Foster fell in the majority of those too.

It seems to me that more experienced owners are avoiding him, while people who aren't into FF as much are snatching him up, because they know the name. Or at least that's what I was seeing this past weekend. There was a lot of him going in the third round, and even a few fourth and one fifth.

Edited by Hoss Style

Close to zero percent chance Foster retires before this season starts. If he was going to retire he would have before training camp.

Foster being especially cognizant of the potentially negative long term implications of an NFL career should not come as a surprise. It's silly to expect him to play until his body wears down like many RBs do but like he said, he's still in his prime. There is absolutely nothing to worry about this season.

Yeah I don't think I want much to do with Arian unless he comes at a big discount, which I think is a legitimate possibility.

It is.

I had a few drafts this weekend, and Foster dropped in all of them. I did a bunch of mock drafts while waiting around, and Foster fell in the majority of those too.

It seems to me that more experienced owners are avoiding him, while people who aren't into FF as much are snatching him up, because they know the name. Or at least that's what I was seeing this past weekend. There was a lot of him going in the third round, and even a few fourth and one fifth.

I would not take him in the 1st or 2nd, but would probably consider it in the 3rd or 4th.

It is.

I would not take him in the 1st or 2nd, but would probably consider it in the 3rd or 4th.

Same here. I purposely left him alone in the mocks, though, just to see how far he'd fall each time. In a real draft I'd snag him about the same as you, depending on my needs.

Close to zero percent chance Foster retires before this season starts. If he was going to retire he would have before training camp.

Foster being especially cognizant of the potentially negative long term implications of an NFL career should not come as a surprise. It's silly to expect him to play until his body wears down like many RBs do but like he said, he's still in his prime. There is absolutely nothing to worry about this season.

nothing to worry about? Okay gotcha moving right along.

nothing to worry about? Okay gotcha moving right along.

Recurring hamstring injuries and recovering from back surgery, sure. Retirement? Nope.

Foster probably won't retire but I totally think he's going to take it easy. I won't be drafting him. It's pretty obvious that his head is not in it, imo. He looks a lot skinnier to me since he changed his diet and you can really see it this season. Don't forget about that Fantex Holdings deal that Foster inked last season.

All the signs seem to point toward a disappointing ending to Foster's NFL career and his fantasy owners' hopes and dreams.

Rotoworld:

Arian Foster (undisclosed) has still not resumed practicing and will not play in Saturday's preseason opener.

Foster is thought to be dealing with recurring hamstring problems, but the Texans are declining to comment. He has practiced once since July 27, heightening injury concerns and raising Andre Brown's stock. Foster pulled a hammy in Week 7 last season and tore one during 2011 training camp.

Source: CSN Houston

Aug 7 - 12:43 PM

Not so sure. He turns 28 later this month, so he'd be playing those 2 years at age 29 and 30. I also think you're way off on your odds- the chances of him getting hurt playing football are a heck of a lot higher than getting hit by a car while jogging.

If he was broke, it wouldn't be a question. However, he can already retire and set his family up for generations, so there's at least a chance he walks away before finishing out the contract (if that's even an option).

Nope. when this year is finished and he is 28 1/2, he will have made $8.5M. Then next year, after that season is over and he is still just 29 1/2, he will have made another $9M. I didn't count the 2016 season. So he can actually make $17M+ (roster bonus, etc included) by the time he is 29 1/2.

That all sounds good. But living in Houston and seeing how Arian is dealing with the Media, I don't think money in football is going to matter to him, especially when he probably thinks he is going to make as much or more when he gets out of the sport.

I don't get any sense that he enjoys anything in football right now. Not the pounding his body takes, the injuries, or the questions he has to deal with from the Media. He has such a different type of personality, I could see him walking away from all that money just to show everyone that he is above being bought to do something he does not want to do.

I agree with you that 99.999% of us would work until the end of our contract. I think there is a good chance that Arian is part of the other .001%.

Keep in mind, he has already been in a movie and has tried to sell stock in himself. He has other interests outside of football

I've followed this guy since he was in college and I know what you mean but you have to remember this about him: Yeah, he's a bit different and a bit of a drama-king, but he does love football. He proved that when he was hurt in college and came back. He proved it when nobody gave him a chance entering the NFL. He's simply like most athletes who play through elementary and high school and college: they are dedicated.

Also, Arian Foster is smart. He knows he isn't going to make MORE money outside of football in the same relative window of time. He might make millions over years and years but he isn't making $17M+ in two years anywhere outside football. If he could, he would have already. And he knows that, especially as a RB, the window is right now. This isn't something he meanders through until he's 34. I'll say this: He absolutely will be out of the league by the time he is 32. He is not the type of guy that will linger and hang around. He will make his money and he will go.

I don't think the contract looks particularly enticing for the Texans to cut him either, so if he is medically able, he will finish this three years and make his money and probably be pretty danged good at it.

• Like 2

Foster probably won't retire but I totally think he's going to take it easy. I won't be drafting him. It's pretty obvious that his head is not in it, imo. He looks a lot skinnier to me since he changed his diet and you can really see it this season. Don't forget about that Fantex Holdings deal that Foster inked last season.

All the signs seem to point toward a disappointing ending to Foster's NFL career and his fantasy owners' hopes and dreams.

I've never played in the NFL but I can tell you that even on a HS level on a team with any decent program, you can't just show up and take it easy and survive. Its just not ingrained into the mindset. Football is a team sport like no other. You rely on and are relied on and you simply don't last two minutes out there dogging it.

You can last longer being a bad player trying your guts out than you can be a talented player being a ########.

Edited by Shutout
  • Like 1

I've followed this guy since he was in college and I know what you mean but you have to remember this about him: Yeah, he's a bit different and a bit of a drama-king, but he does love football. He proved that when he was hurt in college and came back. He proved it when nobody gave him a chance entering the NFL. He's simply like most athletes who play through elementary and high school and college: they are dedicated.

Also, Arian Foster is smart. He knows he isn't going to make MORE money outside of football in the same relative window of time. He might make millions over years and years but he isn't making $17M+ in two years anywhere outside football. If he could, he would have already. And he knows that, especially as a RB, the window is right now. This isn't something he meanders through until he's 34. I'll say this: He absolutely will be out of the league by the time he is 32. He is not the type of guy that will linger and hang around. He will make his money and he will go.

I don't think the contract looks particularly enticing for the Texans to cut him either, so if he is medically able, he will finish this three years and make his money and probably be pretty danged good at it.

I don't know Arian Foster, so I really don't know how smart he really is. The impression I get from him and his interactions with the media is that he thinks he is very smart. However, based on how he has treated the media I question how smart he really is. Treating the media badly may give him short term satisfaction but it almost never gives long term benefits. People like Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan were great with the media and this paid off tremendously for them.

My whole point was I was not predicting Arian would walk away from his contract with the Texans, but that it would not surprise me if he did. And because of that, I, personally, would shy away from him as a candidate for my fantasy football team. No problem if you think otherwise.

Nope. when this year is finished and he is 28 1/2, he will have made $8.5M. Then next year, after that season is over and he is still just 29 1/2, he will have made another $9M. I didn't count the 2016 season. So he can actually make $17M+ (roster bonus, etc included) by the time he is 29 1/2.

The post you responded to said he could see him walking away after this year, not right now. We're talking about 2015 and 2016.

Who cares how old he is "when the year is over"? When he is actually playing the game and taking all of the abuse on his body he will be 29 for the 2015 season and 30 the following one. Again, this is assuming it's his choice to get that money- it may not be.

The guy admittedly pondered retirement last season, and you're saying there's no way he does so in the next few? Doesn't make any sense. Then again, neither does saying you have the same odds of getting hit by a car while jogging as you do getting injured playing football.

Edited by humpback

Fantex Brokerage Services paid Arian Foster $10 million for a 20 percent stake in his future income, including contracts, endorsements and other related business revenue back in October of 2013. What I don't know is whether or not he is obligated to fulfill his current contract, nor do I know if he has any injury clauses in it. If he doesn't have any obligations I could see him wanting to walk away while he can still walk.

Edited by stedman

his numbers were significantly down across the board in games he played ladt yr.td/gm down from .8 to .1, 19.2 carries/gm career to 15. llast season, 85.8 to 67.8 rush yds/gm., longest run 23 yds vs 74 career longest..

he is simply shot..his body is that of a 30-something rb....and we dont even know what O'Brien brings to the offense.quick name the last Bellichick crony thar succeeded as a head coach in the nfl or elsewhere...............I'm still waiting.....oh, you need more time??? I've got all night..

this has bad written all over it...I'd stay away from a flakey vet with a worn our body in a new system on a bad team...

The post you responded to said he could see him walking away after this year, not right now. We're talking about 2015 and 2016.

Who cares how old he is "when the year is over"? When he is actually playing the game and taking all of the abuse on his body he will be 29 for the 2015 season and 30 the following one. Again, this is assuming it's his choice to get that money- it may not be.

The guy admittedly pondered retirement last season, and you're saying there's no way he does so in the next few? Doesn't make any sense. Then again, neither does saying you have the same odds of getting hit by a car while jogging as you do getting injured playing football.

You are clearly focussing on the wrong part of the message.

As far as the age, your post said he would be 29 and 30. He won't. Just thought you'd like to know. Have a nice day

his numbers were significantly down across the board in games he played ladt yr.td/gm down from .8 to .1, 19.2 carries/gm career to 15. llast season, 85.8 to 67.8 rush yds/gm., longest run 23 yds vs 74 career longest..

he is simply shot..his body is that of a 30-something rb....and we dont even know what O'Brien brings to the offense.quick name the last Bellichick crony thar succeeded as a head coach in the nfl or elsewhere...............I'm still waiting.....oh, you need more time??? I've got all night..

this has bad written all over it...I'd stay away from a flakey vet with a worn our body in a new system on a bad team...

Your numbers are off, he had 4 carries for 11 yards in week 7 @ KC then he got hurt. He got the start in week 8 but notched 0 carries and 0 catches on one target before exiting the game.

In his six complete games he averaged 19.5 carries/game for 88.5 yards/game with a 4.5 ypc average and 3.6 catches/game for 30.5 yards/game and 8.3 yards/reception. He only had two TDs but that has as much to do with the team offense than what he was doing and Foster was playing at a very high level.

That's a pretty myopic point of view. Sounds a lot like last year when people were trying to say avoid him because his ypc had dropped .3 from previously.

They are RBs. They all get used heavily if they are worth anything. They are all going to get hurt at some point.

In ff, you WANT the guy that gets used and has shown he can produce. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is points and Foster was RB6 when he got hurt. People that want to talk about injury risk should just plan to not draft RBs I guess because there is not one....not one.. Who is worth anything that has played more than two years that hasn't had a decent injury over the past few years.

Can anyone read this?

Houston was a dumpster fire across the board. No one really knows if he's done or not by his performance in limited action on that team.

Can anyone read this?

Houston was a dumpster fire across the board. No one really knows if he's done or not by his performance in limited action on that team.

It's just flat out wrong information. Read two posts above, his performance was completely in line with his career numbers. He just got hurt.

As far as the age, your post said he would be 29 and 30. He won't. Just thought you'd like to know. Have a nice day

Your entire message is wrong so it doesn't really matter what you think I should focus on.

He will be 29 and 30 during the 2015 and 2016 football seasons. Just thought you'd like to know. Have a nice day.

Your numbers are off, he had 4 carries for 11 yards in week 7 @ KC then he got hurt. He got the start in week 8 but notched 0 carries and 0 catches on one target before exiting the game.

In his six complete games he averaged 19.5 carries/game for 88.5 yards/game with a 4.5 ypc average and 3.6 catches/game for 30.5 yards/game and 8.3 yards/reception. He only had two TDs but that has as much to do with the team offense than what he was doing and Foster was playing at a very high level.

Yeah, I was fading Foster in all of my leagues because I thought he was shot. It wound up working out great for me, but that was a classic case of bad process, good outcome. When he was on the field, he looked every bit as good as he had in recent years. Better, actually.

Your entire message is wrong so it doesn't really matter what you think I should focus on.

He will be 29 and 30 during the 2015 and 2016 football seasons. Just thought you'd like to know. Have a nice day.

Turn over you ACT scores so I can see if it is the English or Math you are terrible at.

I SAID I was talking about TWO(2) seasons. That being THIS season (2014) and next season(2015). In those two(2) seasons, he will play this year (2014) as a 28 year old. He will play next season (2015) as a 29 year old. I then said in my reply to you that I LEFT OUT 2016. THis has nothing to do with 2016 except the fact that you are trying to make it so. Including 2016 would be THREE (3) years. 2014 + 2015 +2106. see?

So, you misunderstood what I said originally and now you're trying to make it fit something it is not. Understand: Two years. 2014 and 2015. He will play at age 28 and 29. He will earn a little over $17M. That is all.

Turn over you ACT scores so I can see if it is the English or Math you are terrible at.

I SAID I was talking about TWO(2) seasons. That being THIS season (2014) and next season(2015). In those two(2) seasons, he will play this year (2014) as a 28 year old. He will play next season (2015) as a 29 year old. I then said in my reply to you that I LEFT OUT 2016. THis has nothing to do with 2016 except the fact that you are trying to make it so. Including 2016 would be THREE (3) years. 2014 + 2015 +2106. see?

So, you misunderstood what I said originally and now you're trying to make it fit something it is not. Understand: Two years. 2014 and 2015. He will play at age 28 and 29. He will earn a little over $17M. That is all.

Sure, I'll turn over me ACT scores, genius.

It's all there in black and white- the post you responded to very clearly said "By the end of this year...." and "I could see this being his last year in football". I'll give you a minute to let that sink in.

Now, I don't give a crap what years you wrote about, because that wasn't what was being discussed. You're arguing a strawman (look it up), so don't get upset with me when I stay on topic. He said he could see him hanging them up after this year, so it makes zero sense to talk about this years salary because he would still earn that. Of course, you probably have a better chance at getting hit by a car while jogging than you do of grasping that. :bye:

May have been discussed, but would Andre Brown be the sole backup to Foster should Foster miss time?

I don't think so. They have some capable backups on the roster that filled in well for him last year when given opportunities. Dennis Johnson, Jonathan Grimes, and I've heard positive buzz about Alfred Blue. Would probably be an ugly RBBC.

May have been discussed, but would Andre Brown be the sole backup to Foster should Foster miss time?

I don't think so. They have some capable backups on the roster that filled in well for him last year when given opportunities. Dennis Johnson, Jonathan Grimes, and I've heard positive buzz about Alfred Blue. Would probably be an ugly RBBC.

Hmm, so there isn't a decent "handcuff" play here?

It's all there in black and white- the post you responded to very clearly said "By the end of this year...." and "I could see this being his last year in football". I'll give you a minute to let that sink in.

Now, I don't give a crap what years you wrote about, because that wasn't what was being discussed. You're arguing a strawman (look it up), so don't get upset with me when I stay on topic. He said he could see him hanging them up after this year, so it makes zero sense to talk about this years salary because he would still earn that. Of course, you probably have a better chance at getting hit by a car while jogging than you do of grasping that. :bye:

Let me show you how this works: I responded to a guy who said this can be his last year. My response outlined reasons why I don't think so.

YOU then replied to ME, meaning you were responding to my words. My words speak of a 27 year old who will play this year and next, not your interpretation of two years from now which you originally misinterpreted. The odds of a serious life-threatening accident as a walker/jogger/biker are in the 1-585 to 1-723 range. Go look up the rest and spin it any way you want it. Find the stat that works for you but is all irrelevant. The point in that statement wasn't to turn in a scientific study. It was a layman's way of commonly saying that football players who play football their whole life know the risks and know that they can't worry about things like that because people get hurt on the streets, at the lake, in their backyard, playing with their kids, etc. But if you want to take it out of context of the message and isolate it, knock yourself out.

People like you are the reason the SP can't be more congenial. If you talk about a ypc stat, ten troll rush in to tell you how you can't live in a vacuum. If you talk like a regular guy just trying to make a general point, ten trolls rush in to tell you you're not exact or it's too ambiguous.

Some people around here like to argue just for the sake of arguing or to stoke their own pipes or whatnot and it's completely unnecessary. Just have the common graciousness every once in a while to say "Oh, I misunderstood you're meaning" instead of saying "I understand it this way, therefore you are completely wrong and I am going to keep saying it until you get so tired of me, you just abandon participating in the discussion."

The only thing that matters in this conversation is that Arian Foster is NOT walking away from $17M+ unless he medically can't go. Period. Flag this topic and come crow if you're right but you won't be.

Edited by Shutout

Hmm, so there isn't a decent "handcuff" play here?

I know it's different coaching but it probably holds up here as well because Foster is an upper talent: When he has been healthy, he has the vast lions hare. When he has been out, it has always been a muddy RBBC, going with matchups and hot hands or simply abandoning the run game to a degree.

Some teams seems to have good handcuff situations. The Giants, the Ravens, etc. Some teams seem to have ones that don't really matter. I think the Texans are one of those that don't matter. It's either you get the good stuff from Foster or it's not a great fantasy situation.

• Like 1

Let me show you how this works: I responded to a guy who said this can be his last year. My response outlined reasons why I don't think so.

YOU then replied to ME, meaning you were responding to my words. My words speak of a 27 year old who will play this year and next, not your interpretation of two years from now which you originally misinterpreted. The odds of a serious life-threatening accident as a walker/jogger/biker are in the 1-585 to 1-723 range. Go look up the rest and spin it any way you want it. Find the stat that works for you but is all irrelevant. The point in that statement wasn't to turn in a scientific study. It was a layman's way of commonly saying that football players who play football their whole life know the risks and know that they can't worry about things like that because people get hurt on the streets, at the lake, in their backyard, playing with their kids, etc. But if you want to take it out of context of the message and isolate it, knock yourself out.

People like you are the reason the SP can't be more congenial. If you talk about a ypc stat, ten troll rush in to tell you how you can't live in a vacuum. If you talk like a regular guy just trying to make a general point, ten trolls rush in to tell you you're not exact or it's too ambiguous.

Some people around here like to argue just for the sake of arguing or to stoke their own pipes or whatnot and it's completely unnecessary. Just have the common graciousness every once in a while to say "Oh, I misunderstood you're meaning" instead of saying "I understand it this way, therefore you are completely wrong and I am going to keep saying it until you get so tired of me, you just abandon participating in the discussion."

The only thing that matters in this conversation is that Arian Foster is NOT walking away from $17M+ unless he medically can't go. Period. Flag this topic and come crow if you're right but you won't be.

:lmao:

He will be 28 years old in a couple of weeks, before this season begins. No idea why you keep talking about 27, it isn't even relevant for this season, yet you do.

I responded to you, who were responding to his post. Why respond to his post with something that he didn't even say? "I could see this being his last year" followed by "No way is he retiring before this year"? Well, no one said he was or even that he might. It seems you're the one who misunderstood what he was saying. Otherwise, it doesn't make any sense to talk about his 2014 salary.

No idea what you're talking about with the jogger thing again, but the odds of a 28, 29, or 30 year old RB taking more abuse on his body are a heck of a lot higher than going for a jog and getting hit by a car. It was an absurd statement, yet it's my fault for calling you out on it and I should just ignore it. Got it.

I'm the reason for this nonsense exchange? Not only have your arguments been awful in here, you're the one who started with the wise cracks (while displaying poor grammar). Don't cry when you act like a tool and get some snark in return.

I'll point it out again, just like the poster you responded to did- no one is saying that he is walking away from the money, only that it's possible. It's absurd to say that he absolutely won't because of his age and money when he openly contemplated it last season when he was younger and had millions more left on the table. You'll probably come "crow" if/when he doesn't retire, because in your mind that would make you right and me wrong, when of course that wouldn't be the case at all.

I know it's different coaching but it probably holds up here as well because Foster is an upper talent: When he has been healthy, he has the vast lions hare. When he has been out, it has always been a muddy RBBC, going with matchups and hot hands or simply abandoning the run game to a degree.

Some teams seems to have good handcuff situations. The Giants, the Ravens, etc. Some teams seem to have ones that don't really matter. I think the Texans are one of those that don't matter. It's either you get the good stuff from Foster or it's not a great fantasy situation.

I realize you just hit the spacebar, but that's still a funny image. Part lion, part rabbit, all Arian...all the time. :lol:

Anyway, to your point...not only is there no clear handcuff (or reliable handcuff, for that matter), it seems there are just too many red flags to draft most of this team at their current ADPs. I think the backfield there is a complete mess and won't consider Foster until the third at the earliest (in any scoring system). I'll probably downgrade Andre and Hopkins, too, albeit slightly.

Edited by IheartGuinness