What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (4 Viewers)

Coeur de Lion said:
Clifford said:
Granted I have been in his corner since college, but did no one else see him correct the most prevalent mistakes Monday night? Didn't dance behind the line. Saw holes develop and hit them. Gained yards after contact. Consistently got positive yards between the tackles. Of course the fumbles were bad but prior to this game, fumbles weren't the main thing I was looking for him to correct. In terms of a game, average because of the fumbles, otherwise above average. But in terms of correcting the tendencies that I have seen as holding him back, it was a fantastic game for him.
21 - 79 against a terrible run defense isn't "above average" at all. He looked like he always has to me -- runs really hard and can be fine when a big hole opens up right where it's supposed to. The key factor is how he looks relative to Ahmad Bradshaw behind the same line -- and that's not a flattering comparison for Richardson at all.
Eagles ranked 10th overall run defense last year. They were close to top 10 before this week but two weeks is hardly evidence to say they're horrible.
They were horrible Monday night IMO -- certainly might have been the scheme, as it would appear that stopping Luck would be the smart thing to do. Whatever the reason, the Colts' line was opening big holes all night.

Coeur de Lion said:
Clifford said:
Granted I have been in his corner since college, but did no one else see him correct the most prevalent mistakes Monday night? Didn't dance behind the line. Saw holes develop and hit them. Gained yards after contact. Consistently got positive yards between the tackles. Of course the fumbles were bad but prior to this game, fumbles weren't the main thing I was looking for him to correct. In terms of a game, average because of the fumbles, otherwise above average. But in terms of correcting the tendencies that I have seen as holding him back, it was a fantastic game for him.
21 - 79 against a terrible run defense isn't "above average" at all. He looked like he always has to me -- runs really hard and can be fine when a big hole opens up right where it's supposed to. The key factor is how he looks relative to Ahmad Bradshaw behind the same line -- and that's not a flattering comparison for Richardson at all.
Eagles ranked 10th overall run defense last year. They were close to top 10 before this week but two weeks is hardly evidence to say they're horrible.
They were horrible Monday night IMO -- certainly might have been the scheme, as it would appear that stopping Luck would be the smart thing to do. Whatever the reason, the Colts' line was opening big holes all night.
Colts were using a lot of unbalanced lines and running to that side. So it was some combo of the Colts scheme and Eagles scheme giving the Colts the advantage. However, while Bradshaw certainly looked better, Richardson did look the best that he has since he's been a Colt. For the most part he was more decisive and ran hard.

Some of you people haven't been watching the Colts as closely.

If you take away Richardson's runs of negative to 2 yards, he'd be averaging, like, 4 ypc.

That 27 yd burst is just proof the talent is still there and untapped.

Indy just needs to figure out how to use TRich correctly, in space, with noone in front of him.

Byes next week will press TRich into my starting lineup. Hoping he has saved his energy for the one week I will need him. Yeah, that's the ticket...

Forget Bradshaw because he probably won't be around much longer, Trent showing signs of life. Very interesting.

Forget Bradshaw because he probably won't be around much longer, Trent showing signs of life. Very interesting.
And if Bradshaw stays healthy?
In that unlikely event it looks like a close to even split. But as long as Trent is showing signs there's just no way he will take a backseat.
One decent run is not a "sign of life". Was that the longest run of his career?

In that unlikely event it looks like a close to even split. But as long as Trent is showing signs there's just no way he will take a backseat.
80 yards on 17 touches. That's a sign of life. Look it up.

80 yards on 17 touches. That's a sign of life. Look it up.
see also: he sux

take away the 13 carries for 30 yds and he's at 27 ypc
3.2 YPC on the season outside of that play.
They also had 3 goal-line carries yesterday where the RB was hit in the backfield. Bradshaw had 1, and Richardson had 2...and they both had absolutely no chance.

Get rid of those 2 carries for 0 yards, and he's at 4.0 YPC on the season.

Better yet, get rid of those carries inside the 10 yard line; the Colts have run 13 times for 28 yards there. That'd bring his average up to 4.4 YPC.

TRich has a tasty matchup vs. the Titans Is anybody sending out feelers to Lacy/ McCoy owners?

I suspect a package deal for McCoy would be best, which opens a spot to add Starks..

Heres an excellent post to get ya motivated for sweet deals http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=715195

p.s. Warning! As soon as the McCoy deal goes through, you may want to try an resell if possible!
Kind of an odd idea right now. Seems like it would be best to do that after this week. If Trent gets a touchdown or two against the Titans and McCoy, behind a banged up line, has a bad week @ SF then it might start looking more appealing. But through 3 weeks, Trent looks about like the guy people drafted around RB28 - a middling RB2, decent flex. He won't have trade value until he gets his ypc above 4 and/or the inevitable Bradshaw foot injury.

The only good news after week 3 is that Trent got 38 snaps to Bradshaw's 25 after a 30/44 split in Bradshaw's favor the week before. However, that favorable week 3 split was possibly due to the game being a blow out. Bradshaw had 9 touches in the first half and 3 in the second. Trent had 6 in the first, 12 in the second.

He was dropped in my 10 Team $200 cap PPR Auction League. With injuries and bye weeks, I was able to get him for $3. I am not a Trent fan, but considering what is on the wire I think that is worth the flier.

TRich has a tasty matchup vs. the Titans Is anybody sending out feelers to Lacy/ McCoy owners?

I suspect a package deal for McCoy would be best, which opens a spot to add Starks..

Heres an excellent post to get ya motivated for sweet deals http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=715195

p.s. Warning! As soon as the McCoy deal goes through, you may want to try an resell if possible!
No one in their right mind would give up McCoy or Lacy for TRich :shock:

Kind of an odd idea right now. Seems like it would be best to do that after this week. If Trent gets a touchdown or two against the Titans and McCoy, behind a banged up line, has a bad week @ SF then it might start looking more appealing. But through 3 weeks, Trent looks about like the guy people drafted around RB28 - a middling RB2, decent flex. He won't have trade value until he gets his ypc above 4 and/or the inevitable Bradshaw foot injury.

The only good news after week 3 is that Trent got 38 snaps to Bradshaw's 25 after a 30/44 split in Bradshaw's favor the week before. However, that favorable week 3 split was possibly due to the game being a blow out. Bradshaw had 9 touches in the first half and 3 in the second. Trent had 6 in the first, 12 in the second.
Sproles is averaging 6.9 YPC to McCoy's 2.9 YPC behind the same line. Clearly, the line is fine and McCoy just sucks. (sarcasm)

Sproles is averaging 6.9 YPC to McCoy's 2.9 YPC behind the same line. Clearly, the line is fine and McCoy just sucks. (sarcasm)
Where you going with that? I wasn't saying McCoy is bad. Was just saying why I wouldn't bother with this hypothetical trade that guy mentioned until after week 4.

If TRich converts one of those damn carries from the 1 into a TD, would be s very different tune in here.

vikings fans have been #####ing about matt asiata. i'm comparing his career stats to richardson and they're pretty similar. TRich has a larger body of work and definitely has an edge but it's not a huge margin. averages are similar and both are pretty good pass catchers. asiata's a good pass blocker. not really sure how richardson compares there. looks to me like richardson's just slightly better than an undrafted fullback

Where you going with that? I wasn't saying McCoy is bad. Was just saying why I wouldn't bother with this hypothetical trade that guy mentioned until after week 4.
Made it more apparent for you....
Yeah, I saw that the first time. What point were you trying to make with your sarcasm?

Made it more apparent for you....
Yeah, I saw that the first time. What point were you trying to make with your sarcasm?
The "both RBs ran behind the same line and one guy had a high YPC so obviously the line was good" logic has been used ad nauseam in this thread. Just poking fun at that...not at you.

Jrodicus said:
The "both RBs ran behind the same line and one guy had a high YPC so obviously the line was good" logic has been used ad nauseam in this thread. Just poking fun at that...not at you.
Yeah, I was thinking we both seem to be on the same side of this issue so I was curious what you were getting at with your sarcasm. I have admittedly not read 98% of this thread.

finally traded him for next years 2.1 and 3.1 picks.

idp dynasty.
well , at least you got something from him.
yeah, it's not great, but it seems his value's only going to keep going down.
good point.
How can his value get lower than that? Lol.

If that's all you can get, you're better off holding through next season. No way I'd sell his potential for a couple low lottery tickets.
i understand.but you wouldn't take Luke Kuechly and Ryan Tannehill?
Assuming you pick right. You could have also gotten Stephen Hill/Isiaih Pead and A.J. Jenkins.
well, i ended up with Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Williams.
:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread