Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: QB Teddy Bridgewater, Broncos

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good for Teddy. Great move by the Saints. 

it just feels a lot like a rinse and repeat of the Keenum and Flacco signings.....doesn't really move the needle.....

He is kind of in no man's land...a little too good to be a career backup but not good enough to be a legit starter...going forward Bridge will not be just part of his name.

41 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

As a KC fan, the broncos shouldn't scare you anyway. They're probably 4th place for a while.

it just feels a lot like a rinse and repeat of the Keenum and Flacco signings.....doesn't really move the needle.....

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Stinkin Ref said:

as a KC fan....I love this move....Bridgewater scares no one....

310 yds, 2 TD's, and a 15 yd rushing TD against KC in week 9 with CMC in the backfield.  Denver doesn't have a strong enough running threat to open up the middle of the field for Teddy, so that will be the major problem.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

broncos traded a 6th round pick for a guy they will be paying $3M to.  no needles are being moved. 

• Like 1

IMO this is a great move by Denver - we get an honest to God QB competition where both guys can have a legitimate shot.  If either one of these guys has a better 2021 than 2020, the Bronco QB position got better. 

Consider - last year, Jeff Driskel, Brett Rypen, Blake Bortles (and Kendall Hinton, I guess) were the only other QB's in the room...Bortles being the veteran presence.  At minimum, Teddy is an upgrade over Bortles/Driskel and at best he's a guy who won 11 games in 2015 and went 5-0 for NO in 2019 (yes, 4-11 on a bad Carolina team without CMC).

with the Broncos defense (on paper) being a top 5, some very good young WRs, an improving OL, and Melvin Gordon in the backfield, this team has the potential to make a significant leap.  Largest caveat is injury - there is no depth at OL, RB, or CB, so that will probably limit how far they can go.

Edited by moleculo
1 minute ago, need2know said:

Denver still drafts a qb

This

I think its unlikely Chi, or WFT can move up to the 6-7 spot, I would assume the Panthers arent in the market for a qb at this point in rd 1, although its not out of the question. So that makes 9 a very decent spot for one of Lance or Fields to fall assuming SF takes Jones.

Whichever one of these qbs falls to 9, they are going to take them.

14 minutes ago, Pwingles said:
17 minutes ago, need2know said:

Denver still drafts a qb

This

I think its unlikely Chi, or WFT can move up to the 6-7 spot, I would assume the Panthers arent in the market for a qb at this point in rd 1, although its not out of the question. So that makes 9 a very decent spot for one of Lance or Fields to fall assuming SF takes Jones.

maybe.  They don't have to though, and that's the beauty of this move.  If you are Paton and decide you are good at QB, you can bluff that you are.  That forces a QB hungry team like NE to trade ahead of Denver, which pushes the best non-QB down a spot (Sewell?  Parsons?), which can only help.  Alternatively, trading back becomes a very real possibility- move back to the 12-20 range and target Collins, Slater, etc and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder.  

22 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

This

one more thought: Trade Lock and maybe a 2nd to Detroit, move up to 7, and get Fields.  boom.   Long term, short term QB issue is addressed.

16 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

This

IMO odds just increased that CAR picks a QB....can't think that any team would be totally sold on Darnold....adding a Fields or Lance or Jones would actually make some sense.....IMO DEN will need to move up to get a QB as there are some teams chomping at the bit to get a QB and they know they need to leapfrog DEN....NE, CHI, WAS, etc....if DEN heads into the season with a combo of Lock/Bridgewater, did their QB room get better....?....sure but is either of those guys the long term answer.....no.....Bridgewater may be just good enough to get you a couple more wins, which actually hurts you in the long run as your draft pick gets worse and moves you into that dreaded no mans land.....and your window of actually getting a franchise type guy closes.....THIS draft is Denver's opportunity to move up and snag a guy.....they may not get it again....I get the whole competition thing.....and thats great and all......but its still the old saying "if you have two QB's it means you don't have one" ....

15 minutes ago, moleculo said:

one more thought: Trade Lock and maybe a 2nd to Detroit, move up to 7, and get Fields.  boom.   Long term, short term QB issue is addressed.

For who? certainly not the lions in this scenario.

1 minute ago, Pwingles said:

For who? certainly not the lions in this scenario.

obviously I was referring to Broncos. 

Lions reportedly wanted Lock in a possible trade for Stafford.  if they are bullish on him, they may want to have him as a hedge behind Goff.  I don't know what kind of trade value Lock would have but we are talking about the lions dropping from 7 to 9.  Realistically, per the pick value chart, that's a 3rd rounder.  suppose the trade was #9 and Lock for #7 and a 4th...Detroit gets a quality back-up QB (which they don't have right now) and only drops 2 spots.  per the trade value chart, that would place Locks value at a late 3rd/early 4th round level.  That sounds about right.

48 minutes ago, moleculo said:

maybe.  They don't have to though, and that's the beauty of this move.  If you are Paton and decide you are good at QB, you can bluff that you are.  That forces a QB hungry team like NE to trade ahead of Denver, which pushes the best non-QB down a spot (Sewell?  Parsons?), which can only help.  Alternatively, trading back becomes a very real possibility- move back to the 12-20 range and target Collins, Slater, etc and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder.  

Yes I love the move.  Really cheap for a decent qb

3 hours ago, moleculo said:

broncos traded a 6th round pick for a guy they will be paying $3M to.  no needles are being moved. 

he is potentially your starter......but ok.....

7 hours ago, need2know said:

Denver still drafts a qb

Maybe, I could see them hoping this pushes Lock to be more like the guy who was on fire the last few games of his rookie season when he finally started for them. If not, Teddy is gone next year and they move on from Lock at that point (maybe by trading for Watson who's legal issues might be in a better place by then.)

8 hours ago, moleculo said:

I think 7 is the spot but don't know if they have to give up that much.

2 hours ago, Buckna said:

Maybe, I could see them hoping this pushes Lock to be more like the guy who was on fire the last few games of his rookie season when he finally started for them. If not, Teddy is gone next year and they move on from Lock at that point (maybe by trading for Watson who's legal issues might be in a better place by then.)

Maybe Aaron Rogers?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, travdogg said:

Good deal for Denver, he's basically free from the sounds of it. 6th round pick, and only 3 million for Denver.

Lock>Bridgewater>Darnold in my opinion. Probably 8 QB's in this draft I like more than any of them though.

I don't think this takes Denver out of the QB race in round 1 though. Its more of an insurance policy if they can't get a guy.

I think they like Fields but could pick Lance and feel alright with Teddy leading the way until he is ready. 

• 2 weeks later...