What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Teddy Bridgewater, DET (1 Viewer)

The combine/pro day circuit would probably matter less if players were moving laterally from college - to college.

But they are bumping up a level of competition. Sometimes what worked in college for a QB doesn't in the NFL, the windows are smaller, DB recovery time faster, defects that didn't surface at the lower level can become magnified in the pros.

The athleticism tests and skill drills (does the ball jump out of his hand, how well does he spin it, does he have accuracy at all levels, how well can he throw a deep out, etc.) are A PIECE OF THE PUZZLE (not the most important one - paging Mike Mamula to the front desk) and additional information in projecting how a prospect might translate to the NFL.

Obviously throwing against air has limits as an evaluation tool, no scout would use it as the sole criteria for evaluation, it is an adjunct to the primary tool - their body of work and film.

With other positions, if Kadeem Carey and Jarvis Landry run a 4.4 and Aaron Donald runs a 5.0, it could have SOME impact on their ultimate draft status.

* Sometimes teams may envision using a prospect in a different role, and this phase of the scouting process could give them a better sense of the athletic raw material they would have to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bridgewater's 'unimpressive' Pro Day - Completed 57 of 65 passes.

Bortles 'solid' Pro Day - Completed 38 of 47 passes.

Rotoworld:

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah states that Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater "has failed to generate excitement among the personnel executives," which is the reason he dropped Bridgewater to No. 26 in his latest mock draft.
"I still view Bridgewater as the top quarterback in this draft class, but he has failed to generate excitement among the personnel executives I've talked to. If he falls past the Titans at pick No. 11, I think it's realistic he could slide all the way down to this (No.26) spot," Jeremiah wrote. In Jeremiah's previous mock draft he had Bridgewater at No. 8 to the Vikings and now has him falling 18 spots to the Cleveland Browns.

Source: NFL.com
NFL Films' Greg Cosell says he likes Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater on film.
This is important to note because Cosell has been critical recently of Bridgewater's lackluster pro day, questioning how an elite prospect with months of preparation could disappoint in an exhibition so clearly scripted to display him in the best possible light. As the offseason drags on, it seems, some have forgotten how impressive Teddy B, Rotoworld's No. 1 QB, is on the field of play itself. Cosell dropped a big caveat when discussing the film he supposedly liked. "The way to determine whether a guy can make every throw is when the pocket gets muddied, the functional space is cut down, and you've got to stand and deliver," he said. "I'm not sure that [bridgewater] can make every throw like that. He doesn't have a 'wow' arm."

Source: Stationcaster
Bucky Brooks' most recent mock draft tabs Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater as the first quarterback selected.
The first three picks of the exercise were Jadeveon Clowney, Sammy Watkins and Khalil Mack, with Bridgewater slotting No. 4 to the Browns. "Not the greatest pro day, but three seasons of excellent game tape were not erased. Still, Browns could wait until pick No. 26 to take a QB (Derek Carr?)," wrote Brooks. Rotoworld continues to stand behind the former Cardinals' star as the draft's No. 1 QB.

Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater will wear gloves when he works out privately for NFL teams, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.
Bridgewater told Brandt directly that some of his accuracy and velocity issues could be attributed to his decision to not wear gloves. The quarterback has worn a pair dating back to his high school days, but shed them while training in Florida. This really is not a big issue, but Bridgewater could be more comfortable with his grip for these private displays rather than what he showed at his pro day.

Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Todd McShay says that Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater's pro day was the first time he's ever seen a quarterback throw worse in an exhibition than he did in games.
"It's designed for you to have success, it's supposed to be sort of a dog and pony show," McShay said. "No defense, no coverage to read, no pass rushers, in shorts and a t-shirt, throwing to your own receivers, in a scripted workout that you've been rehearsing days in and day out. There's no excuse, no reason." McShay has attended over 60 pro days, so his bafflement is not insignificant. The analyst cautions that the greatest -- by far -- pro day he's ever seen was JaMarcus Russell's. Before Bridgewater's pro day, McShay said Matt Ryan's was the most underwhelming he'd ever seen. Here at Rotoworld, where we've refused to drop Teddy B from the No. 1 QB rank, we'd caution evaluators to pay heed to his last point, rather than the more salacious topic of Bridgewater's isolated struggles in an almost meaningless "dog and pony show."

Source: ESPN's First Draft

From Peter King's MMQB collumn.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/24/ed-hochuli-shawn-hochuli-nfl-officiating-major-changes-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/6/

IV

“I’m a servant leader. I’m someone who wants to make everyone else around me better people, better players, with nothing in return. I’m not looking for any recognition or anything like that. I’m a team player, someone that’s willing to go the extra mile, willing to come in early and go the opposite way. Not go in that locker room and try to win guys over, but win guys over by going in that film room and that offensive room and learning the playbook right away, breaking down film, showing the guys that I understand what’s going on. Once guys see that you know your job, you know what you’re supposed to do, you’re responsible, then they’ll begin to trust you more. I feel that I have that capability. From a playing side, I feel that I’m an accurate passer, I’m smart with the football, I’m a winner.”

— Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, to the NFL Network on Friday, about why he thinks he should be the first pick in the May 8 draft.

Not sure what a “servant leader” is, but it sounds pretty unselfish.
Odd choice of words that he starts with to describe himself. Not the first word I would think any college QB shooting to be the first pick would choose.

Servant.

Is this sort of answer why he got dinged in the interview proccess? I dunno but I can see some evaluators might be thrown for a loop. Its possible Bridgewater got downgraded is his other answer were different/unique.

Rotoworld:

One NFC personnel executive told NFL.com's Albert Breer that QB Teddy Bridgewater reminds him a "little of Byron Leftwich, in that he's a little soft."
As a whole, the executive called the quarterback class "just average," which is very different from quotes we heard during the season. "(Blake Bortles) has a chance to be really good. (Johnny) Manziel scares me -- he's 50-50...(Derek) Carr's just good. You take one of them in the third round, you're happy with that. The problem is if you really want one of these guys, you almost have to take them in the first." We are not sure what the executive means by "soft," since Leftwich played with a broken leg while in college and Bridgewater did the same with a broken wrist.

Rotoworld:

One NFC personnel executive told NFL.com's Albert Breer that QB Teddy Bridgewater reminds him a "little of Byron Leftwich, in that he's a little soft."
As a whole, the executive called the quarterback class "just average," which is very different from quotes we heard during the season. "(Blake Bortles) has a chance to be really good. (Johnny) Manziel scares me -- he's 50-50...(Derek) Carr's just good. You take one of them in the third round, you're happy with that. The problem is if you really want one of these guys, you almost have to take them in the first." We are not sure what the executive means by "soft," since Leftwich played with a broken leg while in college and Bridgewater did the same with a broken wrist.

Pretty sure it means 'black'.

Rotoworld:

According to STATS Ice, Teddy Bridgewater's 11.9 percent "off-target" throw rate in 2013 was the best among this year's top-rated signal callers.
Among Bridgewater's 427 attempts, he was charged with just seven underthrows, 12 "wide" throws, and 32 overthrows. Johnny Manziel had the worst "off target" rate at 14.9 percent. Zach Mettenberger's 12.2 percent came in second behind Bridgewater. Blake Bortles and Tajh Boyd tied for third at 12.6 percent.

Source: John Pollard Stats

Cecil had Russ Lande on his ESPN program and they discussed a 'possible' fall by QB Teddy Bridgewater.

Go to before the 9 minute mark to hear the discussion.

Cecil compares Teddy to Matt Ryan from Atlanta, Russ says he could be better than Matt but he also says that all of the QBs in this draft have flaws and confesses that it is possible Bridgewater could fall and that some team would get a bargain.

Mar 23 2014
2014 Volume#29a - Interview with Russ Lande, NFL Draft expert from SportsOnEarth.com and Big 10 Network. (#2098)
In This Episode: Cecil Lammey interviews Russ Lande, NFL draft expert from SportsOnEarth.com and Big 10 Network. Topics Include - the depth of the 2014 NFL draft, is there going to be a first-round running back this year, is Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin overrated, how do scouts weigh pro-day performances, plus more!

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Jon Gruden believes Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater would rank in the top three or four in football IQ among all prospects that he has worked with.
"He can recognize and communicate a lot of different styles of offense. It is very impressive," Gruden said. The former NFL coach added that Bridgewater ran a complex running game at the line of scrimmage and has an understanding of all the concepts and all the terminology of the west coast offense. NFL Films' Greg Cosell previously pointed out that Bridgewater was asked to make calls at the line of scrimmage, something that is tough to find with recent prospects at the position. Rotoworld's Josh Norris continues to rank Bridgewater as his top quarterback.

Source: ESPN

Rotoworld:

Pretty sure it means 'black'.
:lmao:

Gruden got Bridgewater up at the chalkboard.

The kid aces this part of the evaluation process IMHO.

Must see draft-TV here.

Have to confess, this is impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDxsAwpM2YE

Gruden's QB Camp: Teddy Bridgewater

-------------------------

On a diametrically opposite note, Bucky Brooks doesn't have ANY QBs going in the first round in his latest mock draft.

Go to the link for the mock.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/195603

Mock draft 4.0: No quarterbacks selected

By Bucky Brooks |
NFL Media analyst

Published: March 25, 2014 at 01:18 p.m.

The perception of the NFL being a quarterback-driven league has prompted several teams to push quarterbacks up draft boards in recent years. As a result, we have seen a number of developmental quarterback prospects emerge as top 15 selections despite the presence of more pro-ready position players on the board.

My colleague Albert Breer deftly outlined the danger of this approach in a recent article examining the failures of the 2011 quarterback class.

With the 2014 draft loaded with Pro Bowl-caliber position players and full of question marks at quarterback, I believe we could see more teams pause before selecting a developmental prospect at the top of the draft. Although this would require teams to stick with the premise of taking the best player available, it's an approach that could result in a quarterback failing to come off the board in the first round for the first time since 1996.

Now, I know it's unlikely to happen, but let's take a look at how the draft could shake out if teams avoid reaching for a quarterback at the top of the draft. (Keep in mind that I didn't make any trades in this version of the mock draft.)

Crazy to read the first page of this thread and think he may not be the #1 overall pick, and could fall to the late first round.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Todd McShay says there's a "legitimate" chance that both Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater and Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel are available at the No. 11 pick, and he wouldn't begrudge the Titans for tabbing Bridgewater.
"It's not the plan, but sometimes the plan changes as the draft goes on," McShay said. "If you don't expect a guy like Teddy Bridgewater to be there at 11, and he is there at No. 11, maybe you pull the trigger on him." Due to a superior offensive line, McShay believes Tennessee's run game and pass protection will be strengths in 2014. "The question becomes: Do they have a quarterback that can help bring this group together?" McShay said.

Source: ESPN's First Draft Podcast
CBS Sports' Rob Rang had Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater freefalling to the Browns at No. 26 in a mock draft published Tuesday.
In the exercise, he has Minnesota bypassing the more hyped Bridgewater for Fresno State's Derek Carr at No. 8. "Bridgewater remains my personal top-rated quarterback but he has plenty of critics in NFL scouting circles who will point to his slight frame and disappointing Pro Day as evidence that he's been overrated in the media." Rang writes, adding that whichever quarterback slips out of the top eight picks could be in for a slide.

Source: CBS Sports

CBS Sports' Rob Rang had Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater freefalling to the Browns at No. 26 in a mock draft published Tuesday.
Would be the best thing to happen to him. That would mean the Browns got a franchise LT and he has Gordon and Cameron to throw to.

Would be the best thing to happen to him. That would mean the Browns got a franchise LT and he has Gordon and Cameron to throw to.
Other than the fact that it's, you know, Cleveland. When's the last time they had a QB? Kosar?

PFF put out a nice little write-up today:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/03/27/draft-profiles-teddy-bridgewater/

Bridgewater certainly checks the right boxes when it comes to what his coaches are saying. He’s reported to be a film-room junkie, who has a great work ethic and shows a firm grasp on the mental aspect of the game, which are all must-have traits for a franchise quarterback. He’s not credited as being a tough player, but you only need to see how he picks himself back up after a brutal hit by Jon Bostic in the 2013 All State Sugar Bowl vs Florida to see that his suggested fragility is hyperbole.

I love how the pundits keep tearing at Bridgewater's game. Racism, perceived or not, the glove, the poor showing at his pro day, all of it chips at his draft stock. A couple of months ago, I was sure that the Raiders would never dream of landing him from the 5 spot. I keep hoping that Bridgewater is their best kept secret and that they wanted to draft him all along at pick 5. It'll be disappointing if they pass on him or trade down out of a spot they could have taken him. A year of Schaub at the helm and then bring in Bridgewater in 2015 and he's a guy that can turn around a franchise quick, I believe. I'm hoping all the rumors that the Raiders love Derek Carr are a giant smokescreen. We'll see. Bridgewater is going to remain the #1 QB on my draft board.

I love how the pundits keep tearing at Bridgewater's game. Racism, perceived or not, the glove, the poor showing at his pro day, all of it chips at his draft stock. A couple of months ago, I was sure that the Raiders would never dream of landing him from the 5 spot. I keep hoping that Bridgewater is their best kept secret and that they wanted to draft him all along at pick 5. It'll be disappointing if they pass on him or trade down out of a spot they could have taken him. A year of Schaub at the helm and then bring in Bridgewater in 2015 and he's a guy that can turn around a franchise quick, I believe. I'm hoping all the rumors that the Raiders love Derek Carr are a giant smokescreen. We'll see. Bridgewater is going to remain the #1 QB on my draft board.
I agree with your assessment. I hope my Texans don't pass on him. I would rather have Bridgewater over Clowney. I think Teddy can at least be as good as Matt Ryan.

I think OAK would be a great landing spot for Bridgewater. He seems like a stable, solid guy to build around and Schaub could hopefully provide him some time to work into the position. He'd have to make it past some teams that need QBs but if the draft punditry reflects the actual NFL scouting/GM community at all, it seems like he very well could slide past those teams.

I agree with your assessment. I hope my Texans don't pass on him. I would rather have Bridgewater over Clowney. I think Teddy can at least be as good as Matt Ryan.
That's the comparison I've heard. I think when all is said and done he's the best fantasy QB in this draft. One way or another.

where would you select Teddy in a Dynasty Rookie draft??
I like him after Watkins, Evans, Sankey, Hyde, and Lee. So 6th.

I am projecting for a 1 QB league and in all honesty I am not in any of those. I play in a 2QB and a Superflex. So my opinion of QBs might be biased a bit by that.

I like him after Watkins, Evans, Sankey, Hyde, and Lee. So 6th. I am projecting for a 1 QB league and in all honesty I am not in any of those. I play in a 2QB and a Superflex. So my opinion of QBs might be biased a bit by that.
thanks.
Yeah, I play in both of the formats mentioned and Bridgewater probably won't go in the 1st in any 1-QB league.

I like him after Watkins, Evans, Sankey, Hyde, and Lee. So 6th. I am projecting for a 1 QB league and in all honesty I am not in any of those. I play in a 2QB and a Superflex. So my opinion of QBs might be biased a bit by that.
thanks.
Yeah, I play in both of the formats mentioned and Bridgewater probably won't go in the 1st in any 1-QB league.
This thread might help:

2014 Rookie 2.05 (Post Combine)

Rotoworld:

NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks has Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater dropping five spots in his most recent big board.
"Bridgewater is on a bit of a slide since failing to impress evaluators at his pro day. This disappointing workout has led to questions about his accuracy, mechanics and overall talent. While astute evaluators will continue to trust their eyes and what appears on the tape, the shaky performance will have some observers second-guessing their original evaluations of him," Brooks wrote. While Bridgewater is still a favorite among many evaluators, he could use some positive buzz in the next couple of weeks. With that being said, Rotoworld's Josh Norris continues to stand firm and ranks Bridgewater as his top quarterback.

ConnSKINS26 said:
duaneok66 said:
Sabertooth said:
duaneok66 said:
thanks.
He will most certainly, barring a terrible draft day, got in the first round of 16-team leagues. If he goes to CLE, MIN, HOU, I'd probably consider him at my 1.08 pick.

The trouble with Teddy Bridgewater is that I think his throwing mechanics are flawed on deep balls. He keeps his elbow low which causes his hand to get under the ball and slice it somewhat, that pops the ball up and makes it sail high. He doesn't get that up and down drop in the bucket action quite right and tends to overthrow deep. Everything else from his footwork, pocket awareness, progression reading, and attitude seems exceptional. It's just that I feel like there will be a way to scheme him because he won't be able to effectively stretch the field often enough against a competent single high safety.

Watching hours of his college game tape I came away feeling like for a guy who can see the field and read it like him he sure didn't hit many deep routes in stride like his intermediate game would lead you to believe. I'm just not sure if it's a fatal flaw for him given how good he is with other aspects of QB play and I don't like betting against talented players with great work ethics either, but I do see the possibility for using unbalanced defensive strategies against him as a passer.

If that's the case with Teddy, I'd think you can coach that hitch out of his deep motion. I really like his prospects. I think of him as a poor man's Aaron Rodgers.

Rotoworld:

In his latest set of rankings, draft analyst Mike Mayock dropped Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater from his No. 1 prospect at the position to No. 3.
Texas A&M passer Johnny Manziel now sits as Mayock's top quarterback, with UCF's Blake Bortles at No. 2. "At some point, you have got to trust your gut," Mayock said. "I think he has got the it factor, he's a playmaker. No. 2, his arm is every bit as good as any quarterback in this draft... And I think he is a better thrower than Kaepernick and Russell Wilson were when they came out." This is obviously high praise, and the pre-draft process has seemingly dealt a blow to Bridgewater's evaluation in the eyes of many.

Rotoworld:

In his latest set of rankings, draft analyst Mike Mayock dropped Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater from his No. 1 prospect at the position to No. 3.

Texas A&M passer Johnny Manziel now sits as Mayock's top quarterback, with UCF's Blake Bortles at No. 2. "At some point, you have got to trust your gut," Mayock said. "I think he has got the it factor, he's a playmaker. No. 2, his arm is every bit as good as any quarterback in this draft... And I think he is a better thrower than Kaepernick and Russell Wilson were when they came out." This is obviously high praise, and the pre-draft process has seemingly dealt a blow to Bridgewater's evaluation in the eyes of many.

I really wish ESPN or some other site would hire specialist at each draft position to provide insight to just those positions. Mayock is pretty bad when scouting offensive players IMO. Defensive, pretty solid.

I really wish ESPN or some other site would hire specialist at each draft position to provide insight to just those positions. Mayock is pretty bad when scouting offensive players IMO. Defensive, pretty solid.
You've got a point, it's a huge task for one person to be an expert at all 22 positions and know all 300+ players very well. I'd rather have two experts, offensive and defensive.

Rotoworld:

Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater will visit the Patriots on Wednesday.
That's in addition to Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel. Profootballtalk speculated the Pats could be hosting Manziel in an effort to gauge his value in the case of a draft-day fall, with the thinking being they'd have a good grasp of his value in case a team wanted to trade up from the second round and acquire New England's No. 29 pick. The same logic could easily apply to Bridgewater, though he's less likely to fall to the final third of Round 1 than Manziel. Neither player should remain on the board by the time the Pats pick.

Related: Patriots

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

NFL Prospect Focus: Teddy Bridgewater

Greg Gabriel

Teddy Bridgewater – Quarterback – Louisville

Size - 6021 – 214 – 4.70e

Strong Points – Productive, arm strength, vision, decision making, short accuracy, can make plays with his feet

Weak Points – Inconsistent deep accuracy, marginal delivery quickness, rarely throws a pass before the receiver makes a cut, questionable anticipation, level of play dropped the second half of the season.

Summation –

I want to make mention of a concern I have. Early in the season, a high percentage of Louisville’s pass offense was from a pro set and Bridgewater was playing from under center. Later in the year, most of the pass offense was from a spread formation. Why?

Bridgewater is a third year junior and has been a starter since the 3rd game of his freshman year. He has an excellent win/loss record the last two seasons going 23–3 during that period including two bowl wins. His stats in 2012 and 2013 are equally impressive. In 2012 he completed 287 of 419 passes for over 3700 yards, 27 TD’s and eight interceptions. In 2013, he went 303 of 427 for over 3900 yards, 31 TD’s and only four interceptions.

Bridgewater has good size at about 6025 – 200. He has a long lean frame and needs to add some bulk. He is a good athlete with quick feet and good speed. I would estimate his speed at 4.70.

When playing from under center, he shows good set up quickness with both three and five step drops. He does a good job staying in balance and sets his feet before throwing. When at the line, he shows patience to look over the defense and looks as if he has the freedom to make checks. He plays with poise and patience and does a good job reading the field and going through a progression. He usually makes good decisions, but he doesn’t have a really quick release. His throwing motion is similar to Cam Newton’s, in that there is a little hitch at the top before he lets go of the ball. He needs to improve his anticipation in that he seldom throws a ball before the receiver makes a cut. His receivers are often wide open and are waiting for the ball. Bridgewater has very good arm strength and throws a tight ball. His accuracy and ball placement on short and medium range throws is very good, but he can be inconsistent with deeper throws. While I have seen him make some great deep throws, I have also seen a number of throws that aren’t close to being on target. Despite his inconsistency with accuracy, he seldom forces throws. He can and does make some tight throws but most of the time his receivers are wide open.

Bridgewater has a good feel for pass rushers and has the athleticism to avoid rushers and extend plays with his feet. He is a good runner but never gets careless and gives up his body.

Overall, this is a talented player with a lot of upside. He will be a starter early in his career and be a winning QB, but I can’t be sure that he has the talent to win a championship. He needs to tighten his delivery and anticipate better. He started 2013 very strong and was playing better football the first half of the season. The second half he didn’t play nearly as well. This is a concern that should be checked out. I see a good player, but I don’t see special.

Grade – A 6.6

NFL Prospect Focus: Teddy Bridgewater

Greg Gabriel

Teddy Bridgewater – Quarterback – Louisville

Size - 6021 – 214 – 4.70e

Strong Points – Productive, arm strength, vision, decision making, short accuracy, can make plays with his feet

Weak Points – Inconsistent deep accuracy, marginal delivery quickness, rarely throws a pass before the receiver makes a cut, questionable anticipation, level of play dropped the second half of the season.

Summation –

I want to make mention of a concern I have. Early in the season, a high percentage of Louisville’s pass offense was from a pro set and Bridgewater was playing from under center. Later in the year, most of the pass offense was from a spread formation. Why?

Bridgewater is a third year junior and has been a starter since the 3rd game of his freshman year. He has an excellent win/loss record the last two seasons going 23–3 during that period including two bowl wins. His stats in 2012 and 2013 are equally impressive. In 2012 he completed 287 of 419 passes for over 3700 yards, 27 TD’s and eight interceptions. In 2013, he went 303 of 427 for over 3900 yards, 31 TD’s and only four interceptions.

Bridgewater has good size at about 6025 – 200. He has a long lean frame and needs to add some bulk. He is a good athlete with quick feet and good speed. I would estimate his speed at 4.70.

When playing from under center, he shows good set up quickness with both three and five step drops. He does a good job staying in balance and sets his feet before throwing. When at the line, he shows patience to look over the defense and looks as if he has the freedom to make checks. He plays with poise and patience and does a good job reading the field and going through a progression. He usually makes good decisions, but he doesn’t have a really quick release. His throwing motion is similar to Cam Newton’s, in that there is a little hitch at the top before he lets go of the ball. He needs to improve his anticipation in that he seldom throws a ball before the receiver makes a cut. His receivers are often wide open and are waiting for the ball. Bridgewater has very good arm strength and throws a tight ball. His accuracy and ball placement on short and medium range throws is very good, but he can be inconsistent with deeper throws. While I have seen him make some great deep throws, I have also seen a number of throws that aren’t close to being on target. Despite his inconsistency with accuracy, he seldom forces throws. He can and does make some tight throws but most of the time his receivers are wide open.

Bridgewater has a good feel for pass rushers and has the athleticism to avoid rushers and extend plays with his feet. He is a good runner but never gets careless and gives up his body.

Overall, this is a talented player with a lot of upside. He will be a starter early in his career and be a winning QB, but I can’t be sure that he has the talent to win a championship. He needs to tighten his delivery and anticipate better. He started 2013 very strong and was playing better football the first half of the season. The second half he didn’t play nearly as well. This is a concern that should be checked out. I see a good player, but I don’t see special.

Grade – A 6.6
Teddy anticipates quite well. You can see it on the numerous back shoulder throws he makes. It's apparent on the fades that he throws prior to his WR being even with the DB, meaning he sees it and judges the speeds of the players before the "if he's even he's leavin" becomes clear to everyone else. Teddy processes information very quickly and effeciently and he has a very wide vision cone so he really gets the whole picture of the defense and his great feet lead him from one progression to the next which is a nightmare for defenders trying to read his eyes. His decision making and anticipation of 1st and 2nd windows can't be overlooked. He can throw guys open, without question. I don't have access to coaches tape of his games, but I've grinded everything draftbreakdown has on him and even more stuff on youtube. It appears that he isn't missing much out there (his stats line up with this) and there are times when he throws the ball prior to a receiver making a break. He can do it, it's not an issue. The deep ball concerns are legit, but when thinking it through and considering what his game is I see Teddy as having a great chance of becoming a special player on the NFL level.

Rotoworld:

NFL Films' Greg Cosell mentioned on the Ross Tucker Football Podcast that he spoke with a source who said Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater weighed 188 pounds at the end of the 2013 season.
This is absolutely the NFL's biggest question regarding Bridgewater, and some buzz has even placed him in the second-round as of late. Teams could be worried that Bridgewater's career could go in the path of early RGIII, in terms of injuries. The two are drastically different players in terms of style, with the main difference being RGIII has a frenetic behavior on the field while Bridgewater does not take unnecessary hits. With that said, Bridgewater breaks the mold of a black pocket passer who might be maxed out at 6'2/214 pounds. The NFL has historically struggled with players that offer unique blends of frame and style.

Source: Ross Tucker Podcast

Users who are viewing this thread