What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting _______ over David Wilson this week (1 Viewer)

tunamelt warrior

Footballguy
We are all aware about the last two disastrous fantasy lines Wilson put up the previous weeks, and many of us (me included) don't trust him this week. This seems especially true considering the tough Carolina front against the run. Who you rolling with, or are you staying the course with Wilson? I'm thinking about putting Tyler Eifert out there in my flex against the Packers. I see that game as a shootout. So, what you got?

Dude...I don't think there are many players I wouldn't start over David Wilson this week lol.

So your answer is: anyone! Pick up vontae leach off the wire and play him over Wilson this week. Not that Wilson doesn't have a chance to produce but you can't take the chance of putting him in your lineup again until he breaks out. Period.

That said, I am feverishly trying to buy low on him now. It's a risk but I still think he has a chance to make noise this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is very depressing for a David Wilson owner... :kicksrock:
I actually think that he will be better compared to most people mentioned in this thread. Without him/a running game the Giants are 0-2. I'm giving it a 50% chance that he has a big game, but because the rest of my team is playing really consistent and my opponent has a bad lineup I will go conservative.

Not a Wilson owner, but my opponent this week appears to be rolling with F-Jax over him.

Personally I hope he doesn't change his mind ... I've been trying everywhere to buy low on Wilson and feel like the opportunity might be gone after Sunday.

Not a Wilson owner, but my opponent this week appears to be rolling with F-Jax over him.

Personally I hope he doesn't change his mind ... I've been trying everywhere to buy low on Wilson and feel like the opportunity might be gone after Sunday.
for some reason I have that feeling too... even though it's against the Panthers D.

pbandy1 said:
Mr. Irrelevant said:

for some reason I have that feeling too... even though it's against the Panthers D.
Jesus H.....don't put doubt in my mind about benching him! lol

Starting him is the equivalent of chasing an inside straight imo.
So you essentially think that he has less than a 10% chance of being productive. I think it's slightly better than that.
Slightly being the operative word in that sentence. I mean that he is the ultimate boom or bust candidate but frankly the matchups would seem to dictate that the Giants will be throwing the ball a lot yet again. He's always a threat of course to take one 80 yards to the house any time he touches it, hence the inside straight analogy.

B. Pierce and J. Bell.

Got a funny feeling DWill has a solid outing this week. Even if he has a great game and is on my bench, I'll be thrilled.

Unless tom coughlin decides to give wait gl carries over Jacobs and keep him in on 3rd downs over darell Scott then Wilson will be a 2 down back on what has now become a pass first offense. His value will be limited this way all season...

His only hope is for him to show better pass pro in practices so he can get on the field on passing downs, and breaking a long run between the 20's.

I think its possible he could turn in decent flex numbers this week. Maybe like 60-75 yards. But that's probably his ceiling against a tough panthers front 7. Their secondary is banged up so giants will throw against them.

Is this the reverse jinx thread where we all get over-excited or give up on a certain player and they tank or go off? i.e. last week's I'm starting Terrell Pryor over everyone not named Brees, Manning, Rodgers? I went with DWill & Joique Bell over Wilson last week. Bell's in again in 1 league & I have an offer to trade Wilson for Vick (Schaub is my starter) and will likely be doing that.

With DRich's foot still not right and Snelling with a bad matchup, I've thrown Wilson back into my starting lineup. C'mon 8 of hearts!!!

Users who are viewing this thread