What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

West coast teams traveling East. (1 Viewer)

jurb26

Footballguy
Looking at this weeks games and particularly the Sea @ Indy game, something struck me as odd.

Why is it that when West coast teams travel to the East coast, or in this case simply the eastern time zone, they don't make the games mandatory 4 PM start? This kind of feels like an advantage for the East coast team seeing that the West coast team is basically playing the game at 10 AM their time. On top of that, what fans really want to get up and watch football at 10 AM. doesn't this alienate some fans? I've noticed this before and thought it was odd but this game really got me thinking about it more.

Anybody got a good reason for this?

Looking at this weeks games and particularly the Sea @ Indy game, something struck me as odd.

Why is it that when West coast teams travel to the East coast, or in this case simply the eastern time zone, they don't make the games mandatory 4 PM start? This kind of feels like an advantage for the East coast team seeing that the West coast team is basically playing the game at 10 AM their time. On top of that, what fans really want to get up and watch football at 10 AM. doesn't this alienate some fans? I've noticed this before and thought it was odd but this game really got me thinking about it more.

Lifetime West-coaster here. Sometimes I wake up at 9am on a Sunday and think...damn, still one hour to go until football. I can't imagine having to wait until 1PM. Sometimes I dream of living in Hawaii so that games would start at 7AM.

Because life isn't fair.

You raise an excellent point; the league should be more understanding about this. I'll tell you what though, it used to suck watching Monday night football while I was living in London, five hours ahead. It was fun watching the games end as the sun was rising.

Lifetime West-coaster here. Sometimes I wake up at 9am on a Sunday and think...damn, still one hour to go until football. I can't imagine having to wait until 1PM. Sometimes I dream of living in Hawaii so that games would start at 7AM.
This is my first year out west and I'm loving not having to sit around and wait for hours for the games to start on Sundays.

TV contracts, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with fairness to the visiting team.

That's why Thurs / Sun / Monday night games start after 5pm Pacific - so people have time to get home from work and watch TV.

Which sucks for the east-coasters having to stay up until near midnight for the games to end when they have to work the next morning.

As a lifetime PST dweller, I can't fathom having to wait until 1 for a game. Ten AM is perfect. Get up at 6, go to the empty gym, cook up big breakfast and while away the day with football. Bloody Mary's and screwdrivers til noon. Ten is the perfect time for games but I'd be in favor of a later start for the teams' rhythm purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread