What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Andy Dalton, CAR (1 Viewer)

T with T

Footballguy
Being a Lion homer, I have gotten to see Andy dalton up close and personal... This guy plain stinks and is holding AJGreen back BIGTIME. He had 2 50 + yard tds underthrown badly and even on the 80 + yard td he had to stop for it and had it not been for Ajgreens physical freakness it may not have even been caught. This is really terrible to have a qb like that with a pee arm. Am I being to irrational or has this been a problem for Ajgreen's career?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you're not overreacting. Yes, it's always been like this with the Dalton to Green connection. He produces in spite of Dalton.

Being a Lion homer, I have gotten to see Andy dalton up close and personal... This guy plain stinks and is holding AJGreen back BIGTIME. He had 2 50 + yard tds underthrown badly and even on the 80 + yard td he had to stop for it and had it not been for Ajgreens physical freakness it may not have even been caught. This is really terrible to have a qb like that with a pee arm. Am I being to irrational or has this been a problem for Ajgreen's career?
spot on ofc. its funny how there is a massive amount of dalton homers that make every excuse for him. green is an immense, hall of fame talent that will sadly have an underachieving career. further, the bengals as a team will never reach their full potential with dalton.

Matt Ryan threw one of the worst deep balls in the league until Julio's second year. Now he is average at throwing the deep ball. Dalton will get better and Green will continue to produce because he is a freak.

He's terrible. All Bengals QBs take them to the playoffs, he's only the latest in a long line.

Matt Ryan threw one of the worst deep balls in the league until Julio's second year. Now he is average at throwing the deep ball. Dalton will get better and Green will continue to produce because he is a freak.
It was a major focus last offseason and he's in year 3 and looking no better.

He's terrible. All Bengals QBs take them to the playoffs, he's only the latest in a long line.
ya bc this bengals team is the same as in past yrs.

this is an immensely talented team. with a decent qb they are super bowl contenders. with dalton, well, a playoff loss is the limit.

Welcome aboard. I and many others have been screaming about this since Dalton and Green's rookie season. If Dalton could throw the deep ball AJ would be widely recognized as the best WR in the NFL IMO. Yes, better than Calvin.

spot on ofc. its funny how there is a massive amount of dalton homers that make every excuse for him. green is an immense, hall of fame talent that will sadly have an underachieving career. further, the bengals as a team will never reach their full potential with dalton.
totally agreed!

Welcome aboard. I and many others have been screaming about this since Dalton and Green's rookie season. If Dalton could throw the deep ball AJ would be widely recognized as the best WR in the NFL IMO. Yes, better than Calvin.
I hate to say that Because I love Calvin but I think AJG may be smoother and I can't belive how many tds have been left on the field.

no. but there would be no discussion comparing him to julio and dez. he blows them out of the water in terms of talent, but his production is similar bc he is hamstrung by dalolton.

Only AJ owners a few other random people would agree with you there. Daulton isn't Gabbert. No one is Calvin. You're delusional.

no. but there would be no discussion comparing him to julio and dez. he blows them out of the water in terms of talent, but his production is similar bc he is hamstrung by dalolton.
He blows Julio and Dez out of the water in terms of talent? Wow, that's a bold statement to make. That would mean he'd be in the discussion as one of the best WR's of all-time.

And to the people in this thread he's better than Calvin..let alone on the same level. :lmao:

I hate to say that Because I love Calvin but I think AJG may be smoother and I can't belive how many tds have been left on the field.
I just can't agree with this. Green can get knocked by a physical DB a little. Bring in that same DB against Megatron not only is he going to not do anything to throw a 236lb WR off his route, but he's going to get burned as well. That's not even considering the fact CJ can outjump any DB in this league...not that he ever really needs to.

He blows Julio and Dez out of the water in terms of talent? Wow, that's a bold statement to make. That would mean he'd be in the discussion as one of the best WR's of all-time. And to the people in this thread he's better than Calvin..let alone on the same level. :lmao:
Crazy talk

Calvin jumped over 3 guys on what was practically a hail mary today. One of the most amazing things. It looked like he was 7 feet tall.

He blows Julio and Dez out of the water in terms of talent? Wow, that's a bold statement to make. That would mean he'd be in the discussion as one of the best WR's of all-time.
no. it doesnt mean that. it only means he is more talented than those guys. hes just not as talented as calvin, moss, or rice.

no. it doesnt mean that. it only means he is more talented than those guys. hes just not as talented as calvin, moss, or rice.
If he "blows those those guys out of the water" then that means he's on a pretty high level. I don't see him as a way better receiver/weapon than those 2 personally. You're suggesting that its not even close when comparing those 2 to Green.

It took Ryan 5 years, took Brees 4. They guy will probably never be a top 5 quarterback but he is doing just fine.

The whole idea of Megatron is think of all the greatest WRs you've ever seen with a specific skill. Think of the WR who you've seen jump the highest, run the fastest, has the strongest hands, etc.......NOW, combine all of that into a football player the size of an NBA small forward and you have Megatron.

It took Ryan 5 years, took Brees 4. They guy will probably never be a top 5 quarterback but he is doing just fine.
But he sucks and doesn't get Green 2000 yards and 3tds a game. Come on!

this is an immensely talented team. with a decent qb they are super bowl contenders. with dalton, well, a playoff loss is the limit.
Please tell me where this quarterback is. Should they have picked up Josh Freeman? He had more offensive talent then Dalton and what did he do? Maybe they should have gotten Alex Smith? Except he throws about 6 balls a game that travel more then 10 yards in the air. Maybe they should draft a rookie and alienate the entire team, because showing you have no faith in your third year quarterback that has taken you to the playoffs twice more then drafting another quarterback that you aren't even sure will make it in the NFL. Sorry boys, but they don't care about your fantasy team, they care about winning games, and they are doing that.

But he sucks and doesn't get Green 2000 yards and 3tds a game. Come on!
Sorry, what has I thinking? :wall:

Ok Ok, so Dalton isn't elite.......he's still a well above average QB. I'd say top 12 at the worst.
Exactly, people act like Peyton, Brees, Brady and Rodgers like quarterbacks are sitting on their coach watching football on Sunday waiting for a team to call and give them a tryout.

Please tell me where this quarterback is. Should they have picked up Josh Freeman? He had more offensive talent then Dalton and what did he do? Maybe they should have gotten Alex Smith? Except he throws about 6 balls a game that travel more then 10 yards in the air. Maybe they should draft a rookie and alienate the entire team, because showing you have no faith in your third year quarterback that has taken you to the playoffs twice more then drafting another quarterback that you aren't even sure will make it in the NFL. Sorry boys, but they don't care about your fantasy team, they care about winning games, and they are doing that.
there is no way freeman had more offensive talent than dalton. that is just ludicrous.

anyway, ya they should look to upgrade the qb position. not alex smith, he is one of the few qbs worse than dalolton. freeman imo is worth a shot over dalton.

and yes, they are winning games. bc they have a great defense and d coordinator. and they will continue to win games, until the playoffs when the qb is needed to make plays.

there is no way freeman had more offensive talent than dalton. that is just ludicrous.

anyway, ya they should look to upgrade the qb position. not alex smith, he is one of the few qbs worse than dalolton. freeman imo is worth a shot over dalton.

and yes, they are winning games. bc they have a great defense and d coordinator. and they will continue to win games, until the playoffs when the qb is needed to make plays.
Are you serious? Martin is better then any of the backs the Bengals have. Vincent Jackson is probably equal to AJ Green by NFL standards, not fantasy. Mike Williams is a better wr2 then any of the Bengals receivers right now. I will give tight end to the Bengals but only because Eifert, Gresham is horrible. The Bucs when healthy have a very good offensive line too.

Ok Ok, so Dalton isn't elite.......he's still a well above average QB. I'd say top 12 at the worst.
Exactly, people act like Peyton, Brees, Brady and Rodgers like quarterbacks are sitting on their coach watching football on Sunday waiting for a team to call and give them a tryout.
lol at dalton as top 12. this is why dalton homers are lol.

manning

rodgers

brees

brady

luck

ryan

stafford

romo

eli

cam

griffin

wilson

rivers

cutler

roethlisberger

flacco

vick

kaep

Are you serious? Martin is better then any of the backs the Bengals have. Vincent Jackson is probably equal to AJ Green by NFL standards, not fantasy. Mike Williams is a better wr2 then any of the Bengals receivers right now. I will give tight end to the Bengals but only because Eifert, Gresham is horrible. The Bucs when healthy have a very good offensive line too.
vjax is not in the same stratosphere as aj green. wtf are u smokin?

Green's a better possession/route runner and more consistent, but it's not as far off as you think IMO.

These are just stats but they both are the best receivers on their teams.

AJ Green - 3026 yards 23 touchdowns since he came into the league.

V. Jax - 3034 yards 21 touchdown in the same time.

Weird :rolleyes:

These are just stats but they both are the best receivers on their teams.

AJ Green - 3026 yards 23 touchdowns since he came into the league.

V. Jax - 3034 yards 21 touchdown in the same time.

Weird :rolleyes:
shows how bad dalton is.
Once again just stats because I can't remember all the games for 2+ years.

Dalton - 8991 yards 58 touchdowns 35ints

Freeman/Rivers/Glennon - 9982 yards 61 touchdowns 43 ints

So as a unwise man once said "wtf have you been smoking?"

Julio, Dez, and Green are looked at as "one of the best WR's of all-time"? Seriously? You cannot even think this let alone believe this, right?

Users who are viewing this thread