What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Andy Dalton, CAR (1 Viewer)

He should be cut today and Lewis fired. I'm not kidding. They're in a perennial re-building mode and they don't even know it. But as a fan of another AFC team, it's fine if they stay, whatever, every league needs some chumps to beat up on, or at least bow out in hte playoffs. It's a testament to how good Green is that he's done as well as he has with Dalton. Dalton has been good at times but he's holding Green back.

He should be cut today and Lewis fired. I'm not kidding. They're in a perennial re-building mode and they don't even know it. But as a fan of another AFC team, it's fine if they stay, whatever, every league needs some chumps to beat up on, or at least bow out in hte playoffs. It's a testament to how good Green is that he's done as well as he has with Dalton. Dalton has been good at times but he's holding Green back.
Dalton has been good for 90% of the time. He hasn't held AJ back. What do you think AJ would be getting 2000 yards a season and 140 catches with someone else?

Dalton has been very good in the day and very bad at night and in the playoffs.

if Dalton can't get it fixed quick, though, they will all be thrown out.

Let's not kid ourselves, Joe Haden was on A J Green like glue last night. Green couldn't get open most of the time even if Dalton could throw it accurately, which he couldn't.

Let's not kid ourselves, Joe Haden was on A J Green like glue last night. Green couldn't get open most of the time even if Dalton could throw it accurately, which he couldn't.
Haven't watched the All 22 yet, but Green was open more than a few times.

and on Thursdays and Mondays and rainy days and windy days and snowy days and in domes and with fields with baseball diamonds in them. Other than that he's been great.

the guy is 2-9 in primetime and playoff games. He's in his own head at this point. It was funny the clip where he was trying to rally the troops and tell everyone to stay calm…he should be holding a mirror because I think the rest of his team was fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't watched the All 22 yet, but Green was open more than a few times.
Like when the announcer said it's not Daltons fault ... no one is getting open. 1 second later they showed aj green blowing by his coverage by 5 yards.

Then the same announcer claimed AJ was double covered on that play even though the safety help was 10 yards deeper.

Benjamin Volin , Boston Globe, NFL Reporter
Had Andy Dalton thrown every pass directly into the ground last night, his passer rating would have been 39.6. His passer rating was 2.0
Great point. The whole world thinks the same thing of Dalton's performance last night. I know athletes are trained to have a short memory, but Dalton had to go watch film today. I can only imagine what is going through his head right now.

Confidence is so much of the game for athletes at that level. I truly believe that Dalton will never recover from last night's game. It was too horrific. There is too much history. He is done.

The question is... how long do they stick with him? Its easy to have an opinion from where I'm sitting, and that is all I'm giving: my opinion. My guess is that Marvin will stick behind his guy and it will cost him his job too. Dalton should have lost HIS job last night, but the loyalty factor will likely increase the bloodletting.

The brighter the lights,the bigger the game,the worse Dalton performs.
This is the real problem. I've watched most of Dalton's games this year. While there's been a couple "what the hell were you thinking" moments, he's been nothing close to last night. Matter of fact, he was a play or two away from decent games, including perfect throws dropped (Gresham in the end zone, etc). I really thought that with AJ coming back they would begin to hit their stride as an offense. There were some games were Andy did man up, including against the Patriots in the second half. What I don't like is the trend with picks. He had 1 pick total his first 4 games and 8 in the 5 games since then. And that was with that horrific game at Indy where he didn't have enough time to throw a pick. Part of this is a line problem. No doubt. Need better protection. But he has weapons, and he's shown past success. The question is - has he gone the route of Eli? Is it in his head? Or is he tough enough to shake it off and bounce back? Do they suck this bad on offense just because Gruden left? I dunno. But I'm having to sell off a quality receiver (Sanders, Jeffrey) to get a QB now because with the trade deadline coming I can't count on Dalton after this week. Sucks. Personally, I think he'll have 30 fantasy points next week in NO. But not if he's a mental case.

I said this last year... Cincy needs a new QB. They will never win anything with Dalton. He sucks. EOM.

Dalton has been good for 90% of the time. He hasn't held AJ back. What do you think AJ would be getting 2000 yards a season and 140 catches with someone else?

if Dalton can't get it fixed quick, though, they will all be thrown out.
you havent been watching the last few years if you think dalton hasnt held green back. he scores 2-4 more tds each year with a better deep ball qb. even flacco would greatly improve his numbers.

I said this last year... Cincy needs a new QB. They will never win anything with Dalton. He sucks. EOM.
The problem there is that NFL QBs are not pouring in to the NFL from the college ranks. Fact, is there is nothing better available.

Rotoworld:

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis insists he hasn't lost faith in Andy Dalton following his disastrous Week 10 performance.

According to Pro Football Reference, Dalton's 2.0 QB rating against the Browns was the worst by any quarterback with at least 30 pass attempts since 1983. "Andy’s teammates had a lot to do with that rough game," Lewis said. "To the naked eye, it looks like it’s the quarterback’s issues, but there were a lot of issues to go around." Lewis is correct that his entire team failed to show up against Cleveland, but Dalton was still heads and shoulders above everyone else as the culprit. Dalton displayed frighteningly-little touch. The regressing quarterback has just eight touchdowns through nine games.

Source: bengals.com
Nov 11 - 7:37 PM

gets a dome game (NO WIND) with what appears to be they will be behind in. AJ another week healed with Sanu on other side....anyone biting?

what else are they going to say? we all love Andy, he's a great qb, he just had a bad game, everyone has them. We have full confidence in him…blah, blah, blah and then they draft a QB early next year.

They've tried their best to minimize his involvement in the offense but you can't hide a qb in the playoffs unless you have a ridiculous running game and defense (which they don't). So what's the aftermath going to be when they exit yet again in the first round? "It's a team game and we win and lose as a team. We all have to better, Andy included."

For Dalton, Tannehill, and Alex Smith the deep ball will probably be the Achilles heel keeping them from being elite.

So what happens if the do something like trade Dalton to some team like Buffalo. You know what? They become a bottom feeder because then they don't have an NFL QB. They become Cleveland or Tennessee or the Jets or.....Buffalo. <---- everyone of those teams would love to have Dalton.

The fact is Dalton is better than anything they can replace him with. It's the way the NFL is now. There are not replacements for starting QBs.

People can ##### all they want but that is the fact.

Rotoworld:

Andy Dalton - QB - Bengals

Andy Dalton completed 18-of-35 passes for 155 yards in the Bengals' 26-10, Wild Card loss to the Colts.

For the fourth time in as many years with Dalton under center, the Bengals made the playoffs only to go without a fight in the Wild Card Round. Dalton was suffering from a severe lack of weapons, but that shouldn't be the takeaway. Dalton was who he always was, a weak-armed game manager who struggles to elevate the play of those around him. Today's low point was a "scramble" where Dalton actually slid for a two-yard sack. The Bengals did their best to hide Dalton this season, limiting him to a career-low 481 attempts as he posted a 19:17 TD:INT ratio. Headed into the second season of a "seven-year, $97.09 million" contract, Dalton will be back at his $7 million salary for 2015, but all bets are off beyond that. There is no guaranteed money remaining on his deal.

Jan 4 - 4:16 PM

So what happens if the do something like trade Dalton to some team like Buffalo. You know what? They become a bottom feeder because then they don't have an NFL QB. They become Cleveland or Tennessee or the Jets or.....Buffalo. <---- everyone of those teams would love to have Dalton.

The fact is Dalton is better than anything they can replace him with. It's the way the NFL is now. There are not replacements for starting QBs.

People can ##### all they want but that is the fact.
You highly overestimate Dalton. They win because the rest of the roster is super bowl caliber. And even if they lost, they'd have a chance to draft a qb. They have zero chance to win in the playoffs with him. Blows me away that people still make excuses for him. We aren't talking about Marino never winning a super bowl, it's a bad qb playing on a great team who can't play well in one important game in his career.

I think the idea of QB purgatory is not all that relevant any longer. These last couple of years every QB prospect is compared to Luck and it very well might cause QBs to slide in the draft like we saw with Teddy. CIN passed on both Teddy and Carr. Who is to say that there can't be a QB in the end of the 1st this year that can develop into something better than Dalton. But if you pass on the QBs in the first two rounds you're not going to find him.

CIN really didn't have anything to do in the playoffs this year with so many players injured. I'm not going to blame this on Dalton or the playoff ghost, there was just too many injuries to mount any sort of Super Bowl run. That being said the CIN coaches have castrated Dalton. We've seen it all year. And when you limit a QB to that extent you've already lost. By limiting what the QB is allowed to do in that way you are limiting the offense and it's not a situation that can continue. You can't play scared.

Users who are viewing this thread