What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Andy Dalton, CAR (1 Viewer)

Dalton is just as awful in the Pro Bowl as he is in any other game.

Wait... Dalton is in the Pro Bowl??? Did 20 other NFL QBs die recently?

What is the owner and his coaches thinking right now? The Pro Bowl is most stress-free environment there is for these guys and he still couldn't keep his composure.

Dalton, voted the seventh alternate by fans in December, was added to the Pro Bowl roster last week after the Super Bowl quarterbacks were forced into missing the game, and also after Baltimore's Joe Flacco bowed out because of the birth of his child. The Bengals' signal-caller who signed a six-year contract extension in August went 9-for-20 for 69 yards Sunday. He was sacked once, had a 54.0 passer rating and averaged 3.5 yards per completion.
:lmao:

I honestly could not decide which part of this to bold. Every word of it is pure gold.

Raider Nation said:
Dalton, voted the seventh alternate by fans in December, was added to the Pro Bowl roster last week after the Super Bowl quarterbacks were forced into missing the game, and also after Baltimore's Joe Flacco bowed out because of the birth of his child. The Bengals' signal-caller who signed a six-year contract extension in August went 9-for-20 for 69 yards Sunday. He was sacked once, had a 54.0 passer rating and averaged 3.5 yards per completion.

I honestly could not decide which part of this to bold. Every word of it is pure gold.
If forced, I guess that is the part I go with, but a great entire quote nonetheless.

Raider Nation said:

haha...he was even captain check down in the pro bowl. he's awful. next on the list if Dalton wasn't available was Geno Smith.

A couple years back, Mike Tanier wrote a piece on the Schiano-led Bucs' offense in which the money quote was: "their awfulness is not a zero-sum game." In other words, just because Schiano was terrible didn't mean that Freeman and Glennon weren't, and vice versa.

He could write that same paragraph word-for-word and change the names, and it would apply just as well here.

Rotoworld:

Andy Dalton - QB - Bengals

Bengals OC Hue Jackson said, "We're going to open it up a little bit more this year and be who I think we can be."

"We're going to open Pandora's box more," Jackson said. "We tickled it a little bit last year. ... It's a chess match, and whoever is not afraid to pull the trigger, pull the trigger. And I'm not afraid, so let's go." The potential for this offense is through the roof and vastly undervalued in fantasy because of the perception of Andy Dalton. But Dalton was playing with a short deck last season where Mohamed Sanu was his No. 1 receiver in a number of games. With A.J. Green, Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert healthy and Jeremy Hill entering year two, Cincinnati is going to put up points. Dalton, whose 33-TD season in 2013 has seemingly been forgotten, will have his fair share of top-10 fantasy weeks this year.

Source: bengals.com
Jul 29 - 10:03 AM

Any cincinnati homers (or anyone else) have any thoughts on whether there's a chance Dalton has a halfway decent year? I'm in a 2 qb league and have an opporunity to trade for him - (not too many other options out there.)

assuming that everyone stays healthy, he should have a year similar to 2013. He's got a healthy Green, Jones and Eifert, plus Rex Burkhead helps in the slot and out of the backfield.

assuming that everyone stays healthy, he should have a year similar to 2013. He's got a healthy Green, Jones and Eifert, plus Rex Burkhead helps in the slot and out of the backfield.
The backfield is way better than in 2013 and there's a new OC. I think they are going to throw a lot less than in 2013

The backfield is way better than in 2013 and there's a new OC. I think they are going to throw a lot less than in 2013
That's what i'm thinking. A LOT less. I'm just wondering if there's a possibility of improvement from last year. I know Green is healthier but Cincy's schedule is looking tough as well and Dalton does notoriously poor against tough matchups.

That's what i'm thinking. A LOT less. I'm just wondering if there's a possibility of improvement from last year. I know Green is healthier but Cincy's schedule is looking tough as well and Dalton does notoriously poor against tough matchups.
I don't find it unreasonable to expect some improvememt from last year

2013: 4,300 yds, 33 TD

2014: 3,400 yds, 19 TD.

Maybe something in between? But 3,850/26 is not worth much unless it's a 2 QB league

Rotoworld:

Andy Dalton - QB - Bengals

Andy Dalton completed 20-of-32 passes for 383 yards with three touchdowns and one interception and rushed five times for 10 yards and a touchdown in the Bengals' Week 3 win over the Ravens.

After two near flawless outings in a row, Dalton finally showed some cracks in the armor this week. He threw a brutal pick on a badly underthrown pass to A.J. Green and later committed a costly fumble that led to a Baltimore touchdown. Give Dalton credit for some nice improvisation on a nice seven-yard touchdown run in the first quarter and again on what should have been a touchdown to Tyler Eifert. He exploited A.J. Green’s mismatch with Jimmy Smith while throwing some of the most confident deep balls of his career. Dalton will have good games and bad games and this week we saw a little of both. He’ll face the Chiefs in Week 4.

Sep 27 - 4:57 PM

Overall he's looked much better so far this year. Certainly a lot of this comes from the fact that the o-line has been protecting him great. But he's been in command of the offense and utilizing a ton of weapons/spreading the ball around. The run game has been problematic so far and he's doing a good job in the face of that so far. He's more confident and making better decisions. It's a tough schedule this year so I hope he can keep it going.

-QG

Is it weird that I feel confident starting him this week?

Sure it's Seattle's D, but in their 2 road games this year, Foles/Rodgers have combined for 546/3/2. Now, I know Dalton is no Rodgers, but he certainly has better weapons than Foles does and Foles threw for 297/1/2 in Week 1 at home against Seattle.

It's a huge game to see where the Bengals and Dalton are so far, but with it being at home @1pm and Seattle has to travel on short week, I like Dalton in this spot.

I was injury-forced into starting Dalton, Hill and Eifert last week, which worked out well. Against Seattle, well...

hes been playing pretty great for sure. he still missed an absurdly wide open marvin jones in the end zone on the final drive that resulted in a game tying fg.

each of the last years the bengals have declined over the course of the seasons. they have also had a lot of trouble with tough opponents, despite trouncing weaker teams. this year may be different tho. it must be mentioned that key starters and even star players have been missing from all of their playoff games of the last 5 yrs. if atkins, dunlap, johnson, green and their lb and dbs and ol can remain healthy i think they will be much more competitive than in yrs past.

Outside of Brady and Rodgers Dalton a must start over everyone else and is matchup proof until he proves otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone believe he is the #1 overall qb in fantasy this year? Crazy.
What I can't believe is that someone in my league dropped him back onto the WW THIS week ! Happily scooped him up to pair with Rivers. Apparently, pre formed notions of who should be doing what is more important than who is actually doing the 'what' very well.

Looks like a light bulb went off for Dalton. He's playing at a different level right now. Hopefully he maintains it.

He still can't throw a consistent deep ball...but he's gotten very accurate with shorter throws (crosses, etc).

He still can't throw a consistent deep ball...but he's gotten very accurate with shorter throws (crosses, etc).
Don't agree with this at all. Not only has it not been a deficiency but his deep ball has been a strength to date. His yds/att is way up and a lot of it has to do with his ability to hit the deep pass.

Users who are viewing this thread